All writing published for All in a Name

Published writing

2

Annabella Twomey (United States of America)() published:

Unique Vs. Common

PROMPT: All in a Name

My full first name, Annabella, has experienced plenty of emotion from me, whether it's hate, love, affection, or contempt.

Growing up as a young child, I struggled to accept my name. Nobody else seemed to share it; no celebrities I could relate to, no classmates I could share an inside joke with because we both shared that primary trait. I was always being mistaken for Annabel. And if I was in a toy store no name keychains or name cups...

Eve published:

Eve, the good or the bad?

PROMPT: All in a Name

Hi I'm Eve. My name means a few different things. I googled my name and found a few meanings behind it. The Hebrew origin meant life or breathe, but in the bible the term is used for the first woman. So as Eve was the first her name meant mother to all who breathe. On a different website it was less where my name came from and more of what it stood for. It said Eve was the first therefore...

1

Eve published:

Eve, the good or the bad?

PROMPT: All in a Name

Hi I'm Eve. My name means a few different things. The Hebrew origin meant life or breathe, but in the bible the term is used for the first woman. So as Eve was the first her name meant mother to all who breathe. This tends to crack people up because my mom calls me little momma because I take care of my brother. Sometimes I squirm while listening to the genesis acount. Being associated with the woman who took our...

5

Unique Vs. Common

PROMPT: All in a Name

My full first name, Annabella, has experience plenty of emotion from, whether it's hate, love, affection, or contempt.

Growing up as a young child, I struggled to accept my name. Nobody else seemed to share it; no celebrities I could relate to, no classmates I could share an inside joke with because we both shared that primary trait. I was always being mistaken for Annabel. And if I was in a toy store no name keychains or name cups had...

2

Mallorie Cheves (United States of America)() published:

What's In a Name?

PROMPT: All in a Name

As a child I had always wondered why they chose the name, "Mallorie." I was given at least two different testimonies, but none of them really made sense to me. My mother told me her favorite character off of "Family Ties" was named Mallory, but it was spelled with a y at the end. My father told me he had dreamed of me as a successful lawyer, known as Mallorie Christine, but dreams usually don't have a strong influence on...

1
1

Francess Kamara published:

One More S

PROMPT: All in a Name

I typed my name into Google. Popularity: not very popular Francess you say? With two s’s? Yes Oh that’s different Yeah I’ve heard

I have asked my parents why my name is spelled so differently. I was named after my grandmother they said. Why didn’t you name me after her first name, Juana? We really liked the name Francess. Was her middle name spelled with two s’s? No it wasn’t. Then why would you add another s? We thought that...

1
1

Sasha K. Lotnikee (United States of America)() published:

The Big Reveal

PROMPT: All in a Name

Alright, alright. Maybe you've guessed. Maybe you haven't. Well, I'll tell you anyway. Sasha K. Lotnikee isn't my real, true, birth name. Sasha K. Lotnikee doubles as my pen name AND my nickname. There, you have it. So you might of wondered what the "K." stood for. Good thing you asked. Promise you won't laugh? Promise? Alright, alright. It stands for Kreep. There. The reason why I didn't type my full name in.

So...you may ask: Why Sasha Kreep Lotnikee?...