All writing published for Unbiased Anthropology

Published writing

2

Flowing Ink (United States) published:

TNALP

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

SYSTEM*#^&$ LOG, WEEK *&^#$##, PL-&$^$#( 

This is Research Team Captain &#@B#&(*@ of system #&^#&*@ circa-@#$%^&*()(*&^T%R, reporting to Fleet Commander @)(*#*$#*&*(@(* with latest study.

We have found life forms composed of billions of tiny, complex biological machines clumped together through innate union that produce energy

from the simple use of hydrogen-oxygen compounds, photons, and various complex carbons in the landmass (what do those lifeforms call it... lios?)

Colorful heads or reproductive purposes to attract other lifeforms to help bear young- and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

barelybear (United Kingdom) published:

Doof in Niatirb

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Throughout my many travels, to all sorts of exotic lands, never before have I seen a diet so extraordinary as that of the Snamuh. Despite their Earth being mostly water, they choose to live almost solely on land - excluding some of the rich and elderly, who spend their days on a series of water ships, visiting areas on their planet by esiurc. I too, on my explorations, remained mostly out of the water, on an island full...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

The Dreamer (South Africa) published:

Nedarg

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

A forest of weak, flimsy little trees. With groves of enormous, unbalanced baubles sitting on their own swaying trunks.Ravenous creatures screech overhead. Chirpings and screeches and screams from just behind you, yet their source is always invisible. A wind blows, shaking creatures from their homes in the trees. The baubles sway back and forth. Little drops of sun occasionally mushroom forth from between the trees. No one dares disturb them, their holy highnesses, except the peasants. 

The peasants have so...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

wavewriter (United States) published:

Retaw Elttob

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

"Sir! Sir! Sir!"
    A salesman taps Mr. Macauley on the shoulder just as he is about to walk out. Mr. Macauley turns around. "Yes?"
    "I have something you won't want to miss out on," says the salesman. He holds out a cylinder shaped object with a handle at the top. "It's called the Re-TAW Elt-TOB. We just got it. It's pricey, but very useful." He holds it out for Mr. Macauley to examine.  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6

Nathaniel G. Williams (United States) published:

Semohnowt Treets Nosam

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

My whole life I have traveled the world. I have gone to several different towns, states, and countries, and have seen many more neighborhoods than many people get to see in a life time, but never before have I seen a place like this.
    All the houses are two or three-story tall condos linked together. There are 3 condo buildings, each containing 3 condos. 2 of the buildings have two stories, 2 of them have 3...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Emi (United States) published:

Daer

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

The subject holds two pieces of paper-wrapped cardboard, flipping through pieces of paper glued inside. Even though the object is little more than trash, the subject seems avidly interested in it. Almost like a gorilla with a banana. In fact, when a banana is placed in front of her, she does not even eat it. Perhaps the object is a piece of food, and she is investigating it through her sense of touch to ensure it is edible. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God} (United States) published:

Eht Detinu Setats fo Acirema

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

If I were an imagrant coming to the U.S. I would see it as the land of possibilities.

A place where anyone could start in a humble position and rise to the top.

I would have heard stories of people that had made it to this wonderful America and made a name for themselves.

I would learn my leagle rights like the freedom of religeon and many, many, others!

I would look back at where I had come from and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

DonKhai (Singapore) published:

Yeht

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

With the toothpaste in hand, I squeezed out a thick line onto my toothbrush. The steam clears. A loud sigh escapes from my mouth. In the mirror, a blurry reflection stares back. I see someone. Someone who's disappointed. Disappointed with what? What is their problem? 

I see someone who is a little lost - someone with many dreams, many aspirations and many hopes. They want to see the world, one trip at a time. They want to be the best in art,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

DonKhai (Singapore) published:

Yeht

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Cosmogyral (United States) published:

Red Desert

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

I was a figure only to be found in the rain. The places I graced were timeless, bygone to humanity.
And that life, it was gorgeous. Few places ever became my favorite, few places would ever be more than flashing scenes, the most wonderful places could be remembered wholly, and the moments would be still.

Just inland of the humid river, off a downslope to a spring, this place contained a weather-worn bridge, and the canopy...

Seeking Peer Reviews

barelybear (United Kingdom) published:

Doof in Niatirb

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Throughout my many travels, to all sorts of exotic lands, never before have I seen a diet so extraordinary as that of the Snamuh. Despite their Earth being mostly water, they choose to live almost solely on land - excluding some of the rich and elderly, who choose to spend their days on a series of water ships, visiting areas on their planet by Esiurc. I too, on my explorations, remained mostly out of the water, on an...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

sophie_simile (United States) published:

Teews Smaerd!

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Humans can be very hypocritical creatures. They complain for hours during the day how derit they are; body aching, their eyes similar to those of raccoons, but when it's finally time to peels, that's the last thing they do.
    When the earth unfurls its charcoal blanket, tucking corners of the world into darkness, many reluctantly retreat to their personal chambers, but let it be known these individuals are far from ginpeels yet. After a million years of making sure everything...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Aurora26 (India) published:

Regna

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Often paralleled with a raging inferno, or, in some cases, with the pivot of a stormy sea, Regna is believed to be one of the most destructive of all sensations. It can be traced as the root of innumerable grievances, right from broken families to irreparable hearts, faced by any living being. Persons speaking from experience describe it as an uncontrollable trance capable making of them do the unimaginable. The unimaginable—which varyies in its severity, seems bound to result in hurt, caused...

Seeking Peer Reviews

27

Stone of Jade (United States) published:

Yellav Tigaks

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Snakes of water run through this land. The trees dip down into open fields full of red and yellow bulbs, which burst open as the sun warms them. This dip in the ground is low compared to the rocks that rise up all around it. Shining flats of undrinkable water surround this area, broken only by scattered rocks and trees that jut out. Strange, furry heads peek out from the weeds that litter this water. Arched, finned fish jump from...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Pavlo Korol (Ukraine) published:

dnalemoH yM

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

My homeland, my native town, everything seems so familiar to me. But at the same moment, everything is completely different. Here I am, after so many years of staying overseas, I've come back home to check my native motherland. Even though, not everything has been changed, yet I cannot even find a path to the old orange-colored supermarket that I used to go to every single day, as a kid. As I walk by the Building of Culture, I can't...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

acrosstheuniverse28 (United States) published:

Skoob

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

The following is an excerpt from the data collection entitled "Observations on the Human Species", compiled by Nablic intergalactic researcher Gishark. To view his entire research study, please visit the Nablic Central Archives.

The Fictional Skoob

A skoob, while sometimes found digitally, is traditionally a physical object made from paper and bound in a variety of materials, such as leather or more paper. The markings of the human language are found on the pages of the skoob. Due...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker) (United States) published:

The brown elona? --A new look at lizards

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

A creature crawls through the forest on silent legs. It is foraging.
Suddenly, a predator leaps up from behind it and grabs it in his jaws. He is an elona, a dinosaur. He is not extinct; in fact, he is prolific in the southern peninsula of the northwestern continent. He gulps down the scavenger and bobs his head in victory.
Later, he is sitting on a mountain--the highest point in his kingdom--when something pins his legs to the ground. He...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Kate Gardner (United States) published:

O'er the ramparts we watch

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

our eyeballs glazed with blue
marking our bodies and suffocating blue
lipped.
    (in a fire, crawl to reach the door. The blazes rise, and gases from the floor)

Lest you are assumed among the dead
quaking in that solemn trap of gauze, or withered by a mother’s fearsome gaze.
    No sir, we will not sing of grace.

We sing assured that she was always dead
    and held aloft to keep us in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Westley (United States) published:

Eman

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Eman. What you often hear people call you, but don't often say yourself. Eman; what you use to call someone or something by.

Can specify a number of things, perhaps an entire species, or just one member of it. The same one may be applied to many people and even animals. Some give them to inanimate objects even.

There are millions of them. Varying in many ways. From certain time periods, cultures, languages, and genders. 

Often assigned at birth. They...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

goldeneagle (United States) published:

Egaugnal

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Egaugnal. Built from an odd assortment of sounds, it is a form of communication. Sometimes, the sounds are recognizable to others, but on other occasions, they are completely foreign. Sometimes, a species may use the same egaugenal and still not understand.
It is certainly an odd thing.
Yet, the art of eguagnal is a mystical thing. It can create smiles, bonds, and stories. It allows creatures to work with others, rather than being forced to stand on their own.
But...

3

WitchyKitty (United States) published:

noiledand

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

she ran through the stretch of gold, spinning in circles, watching her dress fly around her and feeling the sun beat down on her face
to most it was just an overgrown field on the side of the highway, but to her it was a magical fairy land
she dropped to her knees, flattening the dew-speckled grass beneath her, as she reached for one of the many fluffy white flowers and rubbed it against her cheek
it was warm and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

HeyThereRose (United Kingdom) published:

Msixes within the homo-sapien society

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Msixes (mex-es) is one of the key characteristics of the primate species known as 'homosapiens' (also referred to as 'humans'). Msixes is the deep rooted belief that the females of this species, that is to say those with female reproductive systems, hold a lesser place in homo-sapien civilization. Interestingly, even the name 'homo-sapien' refers directly to only the male members of the human race. This belief that males are superior seems to stem from the fact that the female birth...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

bookmagic (United States) published:

My own enigma

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

And she was smiling,
Smiling and talking,
Talking about an event,
An event to help people;

It is still hard to believe,
The person who was nearly asleep,
Was now chatting animatedly,
About helping people, no less;

She was so shy,
Wanted to get everything perfect,
And she's wacky and weird,
She gets upset over the strangest things, though;

She listens to music that no one else does,
She seems to be trying so hard,
To deny the  fact that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Writing4Life (Australia) published:

Beware the Slamina

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

From a foreign planet, full of the dangerous Slaminas, they have invaded us. We are no longer safe from the tentacles and claws of the dangerous creatures. They are a terror to all, who will fill your heart with love, and then rip it out with their teeth. Seemingly cute and cuddly on the outside, their hearts are filled with the darkest shades of poison. Beware the Slamina, don't be taken in by their seemingly benign outside; once you let...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Taizi Mae (United States) published:

Step

PROMPT: Unbiased Anthropology

Welcome, to this new step in your life! It's only one peg down from owning a screaming bundle and much more enjoyable. What type do you fancy? So many options, you say? Not one-hundred-percent sure, are you? No problem at all—just scour the virtual shelves for a wonderful step!
    You've been spinning that clicker for quite some time now, d—Ahh yes! That one is handsome, isn't he? And foreign too, from German those black squiggles are...

Seeking Peer Reviews