Welcome to our Weekly Writing Streak Challenge!
Through September 4, we'll post a new writing challenge for you to complete each day. If you complete the challenge, you'll have a chance to be featured on our Instagram
HOW IT WORKS
Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:
Monday - Friday
- Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button.
- Write your response.
- Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 6 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 6 Day 3”).
- When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
- Title your piece “Challenge Completed.”
- In the body, copy and paste the text from all five of your pieces, being sure to title each piece as Day 1, Day 2, etc.
See an example here
TWEETS OF SELF-RESPECT
“There are other measures of self-respect for a man [or woman!],” Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote, “than the number of clean shirts he [or she] puts on every day.”
This challenge is simple, dear writers. Each day of the week, share with us in a tweet-length post (280 characters or less) one important source of self-respect… for you! Acting as a role model? Reading transcendentalist poetry? Writing (at least one sentence) every day? Helping your mum? Composting?
As you reflect on the daily rituals or tasks that bring you a sense of worth, consider which of these are derived internally vs. externally. Some (like receiving a good grade) might be outside sources, while others (like writing in your journal or meditating) are not dependent on anyone or anything but yourself.