All writing published for YOU, The Writer

Published writing

2

☯Philadelphia☯ (Australia) published:

≡ Your Identity is Unique ≡

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

“Look at your fingerprint and know, that in all the world there is non that can match your identity.”

1 day ago

2

D.D.C (Australia) published:

To be the Writer

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

Tell me, what does it take to become a writer? I would truly like to know.
Is it merely writing words on a page? No, that may be too simple, a child can scribble on the wall and not be deemed a writer, only a toddler. 

How does one become a writer? Do we all have it within us, unlocked potential awaiting to be divulged to the world, freed from its hold within one’s mind, one’s core. Awaiting perhaps for...

1 day ago

1

Xavier Ottati (United States) published:

my thoughts when wiring

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

my writing processes inst that complex what i do most of the time is  i while have these showers thoughts of what to wrtie down so i get  a basic thing written  and then i add on and or fix what i wrote. i will also sometimes write down what i feel at that moment write a poem because i love how potery is like keeping a diray but not keep logs and its in a fun and creativity way.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Natcat12000 (Australia) published:

Writing. My process.

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

I gasp and pull out my phone. I punch in the pin code and click on notes. I can feel people staring at me but i ignore them. I’m having a creative moment for gods sake! I add a new note to my many ideas and busily type away. My fingers keep pressing the wrong letters and I growl in frustration. Backspace. Backspace. Backspace. I re write the sentence again. I smile to myself when i get what i wanted...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Firzxpensticts (India) published:

W-R-I-T-E-R

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

Sometimes I don't know what to write. I don't know what to write about. I don't know what words to use. Will I make an impact? Will it inspire? Will it move someone? I don't know. But not knowing what to write is my biggest motivation to write. It makes me search for words. Words, that are powerful enough to make you itch for pen and paper and write.
Or am I the only one that feels that way?...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Helena (Australia) published:

Lost Words

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

My fingers dance across the keys, clunking softly as they go.

I close my eyes, losing myself to the music.

Losing myself to the words.

Losing myself to the world beyond this.

The world where magic awaits, where the sun shines and grass-hoppers dance through blades without a scratch. Where the sun shines blue and where the air smells freshly painted.

I lose myself to happiness.

1

Helena (Australia) published:

Lost Words

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

Losing myself to the words.
Losing myself to the world beyond this.
I lose myself to happiness.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

honeycomb (United States) published:

articulation and alliteraton

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

its somewhat difficult
to articulate piles and miles 
of strange conceptions
into words

i sit
and ponder possibilities
until my mind 
simply stammers and stutters and stops

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Mimi08 (United States) published:

My Writing Process

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

When I write the hardest part of writing is coming up with an idea, which can take hours to days. But once I do come up with an idea the words just start flowing onto the page. I also don't really stop to make corrections, because I don't want to interrupt a good flow. So when I'm finished I always have to do a lot of spelling and grammar corrections. That is my writing  process.

Seeking Peer Reviews

18

rainbow (Sri Lanka) published:

The Beauty of a Writer

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

Why writing? They dance and sing and act out and speak up. Not just because I'm the rotten lollipop at those things and I'm more of my hands. But I feel deeply connected; emotionally bonded with it. How on the earth I would live if I couldn't write. What am I if not a writer? Why should I live if I couldn't describe the sky as a theatre and a street and a desperate lover at different times? That is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Ann Maria Thomson (Bahrain) published:

My Passion

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

Busy mind
exhausted brain
the pleasure of giving rise to words
is a feeling worth the effort
No specific genre fits me
I try to explore as much I can
I love writing poems and short stories
Frankly me a lazy person
don't like writing everyday
I prefer poems over stories
Poems are big morals in capsule form
Stories are detailed versions of life of man
My inspirations mostly are movies
That doesn't mean I copy their stories
Watching some...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Paige (United States) published:

The end of the world is nigh! Nah, just my writing process.

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

I have a very odd writing process.

I usually have an idea in mind before I set my pencil to paper. I spend most nights coming up with ideas and either dreaming about them or letting them go. When I wake up I automatically write it down, I find the nearest thing with paper, sticky notes, notebook, loose sheet of paper, and write it down.
    I don't really know about the second one. I've never really...

3

Dakota_Lyn (United States) published:

when I write

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

Usually when I sit down to write, I have nothing to write about. Then as soon as my fingers touch the keyboard the ideas start flooding in. And after that my paper or document that I'm writing is a mess of miss-spelled words and lines scribbled over the parts that I don't like. Usually everything I write is a mess that only I understand. Everyone says that when they look through my notebooks they get a headache from everything that...

Sea (Sri Lanka) published:

Less is more

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

It's heavy, when ideas and memories and emotions are rushing straight into the mind. As when sometimes less is more, then more becomes less and lesser until it forms nothing. But that is also when a single spark shines through the emptiness; a single hope; even a single word or a place or a person. Then it's light and less becomes more...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Luci Munday (Australia) published:

the author's truth

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

sometimes the words
they ebb and flow
tumbling 'round
like undertow.
sometimes they stopper
falling short
beginning to blur
fade and distort.
anguish and pain
are familiar fears
we've acquaintanced well
over the long years.
the bright and the dark
come in packs of two
i could live without one
but with both i must do.
the coin has two sides
it's a 50/50 flip
but the odds never seem
to be willing to tip.
or at least, not for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

narwhal stories (United States) published:

when i write

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

error error 404 narwhalstories.exe has stopped working creativity deleting one file at a time. Mission failed....wasted...…. then i get up and stop writing to goo to sleep. as soon as my eyes close and I'm comfortable *ding!* lightbulb write it before you lose it!  As soon as I get up i forget....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

GlisteringGlow (United States) published:

My Writing Process

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

...I'm still figuring it out.

When I write poetry (which is pretty much all I write), I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't come up with even a concept to think of; for some reason, I can rarely get anything good when I write to prompts. There's this tingling of inspiration in my fingers, making me want to write more than ever. I type out my first line, which is usually very cryptic and nonsensical. The feeling grows...

4

bookworm5 (United States) published:

The Map of My Mind

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

The way I write wildly depends on what genre it is 

Poetry pours out from somewhere in my subconscious. I start with a vague idea of what I want to write and then it all just sorta comes. I love poetry because it is the way to explore the deep and angsty things of life. I am a bit dramatic so that definitely helps me. Poetry is the easiest thing to write for me. 

Memoir writings all come from word vomit. It's...

1

saskia_hughes (Australia) published:

My Writing Process Or is it?

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

My writing process is a bit of a mess really,
It involves being hunched at a desk for hours at a time with nothing to say nor do.
Or does it?

Sometimes when I have that spark of encouragement and fuel and determination I'm off,
But other days I don't.
Or do I?

Sometimes I wonder if writers block is real or merely a figment of ones own imagination,
But who am I to decide this.
Or should I?

See,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Kavineshwer (Malaysia) published:

At Day's End

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

I wouldn’t exactly call my writing process a process.
    I am not your typical J. K. Rowling type of writer who systematically plans, nor am I that Thomas Wolfe character that writes a lot about a mere subject of discussion. I’m just me. A confused, anxious and self-defeating teen. Of course I have my days of glee and salvation. But there are always dark mornings where I would wake up and wonder, is this really what I want to...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Ravi Tej Guntuku (United States) published:

My Writing Process

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

Whether I’m traipsing on the balcony through the brisk wind, showering through streams of water in my bathtub, or perusing an article on the wide internet, an idea about a story or essay somehow glimmers inside my head. One side of my brain urges me to “write about ‘The effects brevity has on communication’ or create your own novel”. Quickly, this sector of my mind brainstorms a bunch of quotes and connections to include in the piece, waiting for me...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Lucky Sharma (India) published:

It really happens

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

I love to write and I started writing stories from the age of 12 .when I was young I used to think that by finishing all my work I will promote my love means I will write stories but as I grew older I understood  that writing stories is not only my love but it has become my goal to achieve many achievements in it, when I was young, I used to sit writing stories after studying but growing up...

6

coolcat27607 (United States) published:

The Story about Writing

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

I’m not always waiting for the free time to write and when I do get free time I don’t always fill it with writing, but when I do it’s just me, my pencil, and my journal, or whatever I’m writing on. When I start writing something new there is no plan all I have is an idea. I know how I want it to began and I know how I want to end. The rest of the story comes...

Seeking Peer Reviews

47

Wisp (United States) published:

My First Love

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

My first love. 
    It's rather stupid of me to have forgotten about you. Maybe I was too young to have known, or maybe I just chose to forget. Regardless of the reason, how could I have ever forgotten you
    I remember meeting you when I was four, the moment my parents taught me the alphabet. I remember the way the letters swirled around and around, as I struggled with the sound of them....

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

nardea (Taiwan) published:

cheers to the impermanence. cheers to the chaos.

PROMPT: YOU, The Writer

here is another ode i present to you, midnight 
while we raise our glasses of cherry flavored wine and
laugh ‘til our chests hurt over the fact that the world
is a day closer to its end
laugh ‘til we hit pause on the downtown traffic 
‘til the universe is left the two of us--a mortal and an immortal 
watching our daily night show of vibrant cities
crumbling into mounts of monotonous dust

oh midnight, my soul has died every...

Seeking Peer Reviews