Writing Streak Challenge - Week 1
July 13 - 17 —
Welcome to our new Weekly Writing Streak Challenge!
Each week for the next eight weeks, we'll post a new writing challenge for you to complete each day. If you complete the challenge, you'll have a chance to be featured on our Instagram
HOW IT WORKS
Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:
Monday - Friday
- Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button.
- Write your response.
- Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 1 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 1 Day 3”).
- When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
- Title your piece “Challenge Completed.”
- In the body, copy and paste the text from all five of your pieces, being sure to title each piece as Day 1, Day 2, etc.
See an example here
WEEK 1 CHALLENGE
For this challenge, we’re borrowing a page from Orion Magazine
. Enumeration—a monthly column—features a numbered list. 10 Words Technology Borrowed from Nature
for example, or 8 Meetings Nobody Scheduled
. From tips to lessons to wonders to meditations, these spirited lists
inspire and inform.
Give it a try, dear writers. Numerate a list of your own on the topic of your choosing—one list for each day of the week!