This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

Writing Streak Challenge - Week 1

Full Details

Welcome to our new Weekly Writing Streak Challenge! Each week for the next eight weeks, we'll post a new writing challenge for you to complete each day. If you complete the challenge, you'll have a chance to be featured on our Instagram!

HOW IT WORKS

Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:

Monday - Friday
  • Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button. 
  • Write your response.
  • Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 1 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 1 Day 3”). 
Friday 
  • When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
  • Title your piece “Challenge Completed.” 
  • In the body, copy and paste the text from all five of your pieces, being sure to title each piece as Day 1, Day 2, etc.
See an example here!

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE
ENUMERATION

For this challenge, we’re borrowing a page from Orion Magazine. Enumeration—a monthly column—features a numbered list. 10 Words Technology Borrowed from Nature for example, or 8 Meetings Nobody Scheduled. From tips to lessons to wonders to meditations, these spirited lists inspire and inform. 

Give it a try, dear writers. Numerate a list of your own on the topic of your choosing—one list for each day of the week!