All writing published for A Signature Capability

Published writing

V-Rose (United States) published:

Cunning Girls

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability to make my head hurt. It didn't matter what I did; he still came up to me and started crackin' jokes. Seriously, I would have hit him in the head with my book but people were watching. His joke of the day:... Oops, forgot. Or wasn't listening. Or reading. I thought about playing sick tomorrow but no one would fall for that and I had a major test in English. Maybe I'd hit him...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Anha (Australia) published:

dante's inferno

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

he flourished on a signature capability, the ease of his smile and the twinkle in his eye.

his abuela would pinch his cheeks when he came to visit, strong arms cradling peaches from the gringo's tree; he'd never tell her where he had plucked them, but she savoured the flavour with such open ecstasy that he never considered it a crime. besides, the gringo was old, and the peach tree was hidden from view. how it produced fruit, he had...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Maryam Q (Malaysia) published:

An Innocent Lie

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability he was born with. Ryan had a very strong gut instinct about things, and he was always right. But most of all, his gut told him about people, and thus he was able to determine when someone was lying to him. He never told anyone. It was a very powerful tool that had never once failed him.

His signature capability would prove to play a very important role in his life. He was at school...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Mason Ham (United States) published:

Chameleon

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability, the ability to hide in plain sight. Unassuming looks, quiet charm, and a deadly calm all fueled by his signature goal; the elimination of his targets. Masquerading around as a member of his targets inner circle, learning their innermost thoughts and their darkest secrets before silencing them for good. He leaves them crying out to the friend that was never truly there wondering why they were abandoned, wallowing in tears for their final living...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

AbiJoy (United States) published:

Vendor

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability, he could sell anything. He had a nose for what you need and a smile sharp enough to cut through any conviction of commercial independence or frugal apprehensions. Every company wanted him to be the face of their product. Despite the fact, that by conventional standards, he was far from attractive. An overweight man that can sell you a diet pill is a force of nature--although, those who knew him suspected him unnatural...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

midnight sun (Singapore) published:

the curiosity

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability- his botanical skills. Angus was from the local suburbs and had no more than kindergarten education. His father, a dexterous botanist, was loved by all, for he danced with the beauty of the leaf. Angus only knew to extinguish crops as a young lad. As he blossomed with age, his inquisitive personality grew with rage and he demanded for all the knowledge he could encapsulate in his mind. "Father, I want to know the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

I'm confused (Australia) published:

Speed

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability, speed. He was a speed demon. He could fly when he wanted. He could complete inexplicable and unimaginable feats of speed. He could swim with the best of the dolphins, ride with the best of the brumbies and run with the roadrunners. He would swiftly run between the pomegranate trees on the red, cracked earth. The only reason he would break a sweat was because it was 107 degrees. He ran for miles, he...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Whateverthismightbe (United Kingdom) published:

Warlock

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

“He flourished on a signature capability, his hands moving swiftly as red sparks evaporate from them, he frowned, throwing all his might into the magic. He sighed with relief when a small portal opened, only the size of an eight-year-old boy. "Alexander, what are you doing?" His mother called, he quickly closed the portal and grabbed a book as the door opened, "Just reading. Or trying to." He said with a small smile, his mother shook her head and opened...

Seeking Peer Reviews

c.moses11 (United Kingdom) published:

Man of the night

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability, one that made the earth quake and animals tremble. One that made people shudder and water ripple. His alluring eyes blazed; fire and ice danced as his jewel-like eyes reflected the dusk. With each step he took, the sun set further, bringing the stars to life. Galaxies were held in his hands, orbs in the holster that bounced off his perfectly curved hips.

A celestial entity came towards him, beauty radiating from her silhouette....

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

lydia_m (Australia) published:

Blade of Quinlan

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

A man who could bring down Tai Quinlan would be a man none dare cross.

He came for you like a phantom. Sound itself would flee at his command, following at a distance as he walked without marks in the dust. In the seconds before your demise was set in history, you would be convinced God took you himself. Men cursed themselves from the afterlife for not hearing the faint tin of clanging knives scaling the walls as much as...

4
2

hero2a11 (United States) published:

The Odd-Eyed Man

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability, with his innate ability to draw attention to himself - and this ability was in full force tonight as he entered the tavern. Not that the stranger was doing anything interesting to deliberately attract attention, per se. In fact, in the setting he was in now, he was about as special and interesting as any individual grain of sand on an empty beach. Just from taking one look at him, Eric could tell what drew...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Ruthh (United Kingdom) published:

A Signature Capability

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

Seth had a signature capability, a skill, a legend as it were. No matter how you were feeling, no matter what expression has crawled into your face and burrowed in your heart, Seth could make you laugh. 

In fact, he could do more then make you laugh; he was the stitches in your side from keeling over with chuckles, the flushed face of one too many giggles. He was the furtive titter and a sparkling eye, the breathlessness from chortling...

Seeking Peer Reviews

c.moses11 (United Kingdom) published:

Man of the night

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

Seeking Peer Reviews

SplatterWriting (United States) published:

Life: A Simple Board game

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He was a prodigy.
He couldn't play the violin
or bake a cake
or play football
but he could always win the game Life
He didn't have any friends
or people to play Life with
or a job to pay his rent
but he could always win the game Life
He saw this as a victory, a triumph
Everyone laughed at him
but what they really needed to know
was that life was the biggest
most important game of them...

Seeking Peer Reviews

viala (Canada) published:

the hot an' lonely road

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability that I myself had always taken for granted. To look at him, you would not have thought my father, with his sun-worn eyes and rain-tousled skin, the kind of man to be anything but a straw-biting farmer. 

And yet. 

I had never once seen my father open a book, unless you (and I did not) count the farmer's almanac as a book. No, he was not the literary type, but what he could read...

2

Amalia (United Kingdom) published:

In Which Our Hero Flourishes on a Singular Capability.

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a singular capability and floundered on many others. He was a Master of One, a Jack of an individual trade, a man that could not deal with ones and zeroes but could finesse the socks off of the ones or the zeroes, whichever one was available on its own. Hypothetical ones or zeroes, of course. Mathematics was one of the many, many things that elicited the aforementioned floundering. 
What, then, did our hapless hero do with such grace,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Amalia (United Kingdom) published:

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

HermioneGranger67 (United States) published:

Prisoner 3372914

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability of being able to know when someone was telling the truth, and when someone was lying. And it was this capability that brought him to be in the Logerton police station on a chilly winter’s eve.
”Name.” Asked the police officer at the front desk.
”Collin Traöner."
”Date of birth.” 
“September 17, 1936.”
“You are cleared for entry.”
Collin stood up on shaky legs, and walked into the titanium room that held the worst...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Mr. G (United States) published:

Broken People

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

Hehas a signature capability. Children freeze, mothers tremble, and men shake. He's only seen at night by those in the fields far from the village. He doesn't kill, steal, or hurt, but a watchful protector of the broken people. They're never safe, so He never sleeps. Some say He can jump over mountains, others say He is stronger than a hundred grizzlies. He doesn't care for speculation, always being busy defending them. They don't see the monsters He fights,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

JCSeingalt15 (United States) published:

No More Silk For The Libertine

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability. He could have named this quirk, and maybe even explained it in latter years, but the erosion of time had torn away at his edges like little quiet animals eating the paper and glue of forgotten books. His coming had been inexplicable to him. It might have been absolutely unimaginable to the children, but there was an explanation to tell them, at least, even if it was vague and arrogant: They know what they're...

Seeking Peer Reviews

almost 1 year ago

8

Julius Caesar (United States) published:

Yee-haw

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on his signature capability of yee-hawing himself out of any situation. As strange as it sounds, the man was southern, a cowboy, in fact. And it was this cowboy lifestyle  that often resulted with the man in a number of fixes.

For instance, there was a time where he had been corralled into a ranch with demon horses. The odds had been stacked against him, but it was a loud, nasally “YEE-HAW”, that had frightened the horses allowing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

hero2a11 (United States) published:

The Odd-Eyed Man

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

c.moses11 (United Kingdom) published:

Man of the night

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

Seeking Peer Reviews

ava09 (United States) published:

The Love They'd Always Had

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability, one that made her ripple with untamed, raw want every time she saw him. One that made her all his, and no one else's.

One that made her love him.

Once upon a time there was a girl named Claire who loved a boy named Francis.

Claire fell deeply in love with Francis. Leaving her fiance, Maxwell, she married her old crush and lived with him in his mansion, forever his and his alone.
...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

MarSan (Mexico) published:

Red-handed

PROMPT: A Signature Capability

He flourished on a signature capability, long fingers muttering dry cracks as he pulled and twisted. It was that of meddling in other creatures' fates. The strings that determined the future of pawns and kings alike wrapped around his left hand. His right was busy predicting the downfall of a nation, making sure to intertwine the string of the heiress to the throne with that of a burglar. What a scandal that union would be, he mused.

It wasn't an...

Seeking Peer Reviews