All writing published for Novel Writing Competition 2015. See Competition

Published writing

1

Robert Snider (United States) published:

Malpractice

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

A single bird crossed the bleak, grey sky, and squawked once, but immediately stopped, silenced by the invisible admonishments of its noiseless surroundings.
    A thouroughly typical man walked briskly through his industrialized environment, struggling to avoid eye contact with the People Who Do Not Have Homes, in the Non-Upper Class. He almost pitied them, with their purposefully little education, but he had been trained all of his life to Not Think about them. He was fortunate, and had...

Seeking Peer Reviews

RoselessThorns (United States) published:

The Subconscious Mind

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

“Sit down,” my mom said in a raspy voice. Pollen. It was everywhere, and it always made her wheeze. I slumped down on the couch, praying it wasn’t for the reasons I thought it’d be for. Kik, Snapchat, iFunny, Skype. The words floated around in my mind like clouds, but throbbed as if each time I thought of each app, it was like a dagger to the stomach, over and over and over…
    “Mrs. Huppert said that...

The Subconscious Mind

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

“Mrs. Huppert said that...

The Subconscious Mind

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

“Mrs. Huppert said that...

1

Tamia Jackson-Brown (United States) published:

Hard knock Life

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

The Characters You are About to Meet
Chantel (10)
Courtney (14)
Camille (16)
Facts about where they live:  the home is run down, old, and pitiful
Facts about the family:  these three sisters are living with their evil step-mother.  Their biological mother passed when they were little from a car accident.
Facts about the accident:  It was a bad storm, a drunk driver swerved off the side of the road into a ditch and took their mother’s car with...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Hard knock Life

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

The Characters You are About to Meet
Chantel (10)
Courtney (14)
Camille (16)
Seeking Peer Reviews

The Subconscious Mind

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

“Mrs. Huppert said that the...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Kenz_1214 (United States) published:

Stop and Think

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

You're walking outside and a gush of wind hits your face, and with that feeling came a scent. A faint sence of familiarity, a feeling in your gut and heart that you can't quite understand. The feeling of uncertianity surrounds your body. It's like a flashback, a place or a feeling, a memory once forgotten, now returned. You can't quite put your finger on it, but in the back of your unsettled mind, you do. You remember the exact place and moment it happened,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Daleskii_23 (United States) published:

What is the Real World?

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

The real world isn’t safe, the real world can’t protect you from anything, the real world can’t help you on a test, the real world isn’t like a story, there are circumstances that challenge the story line. At best you can say that the real world is like a father figure who doesn’t come back one day, and there is no changing that because he has found someone else to share his life with without his wife and son included...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Daleskii_23 (United States) published:

What is the Real World?

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Jacie XP (United States) published:

To Live or To Die

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

Crash! I kicked the door down with one mighty blow. It laid a splintering mess on the floor. Snores vibrated from the ceiling above and were suddenly cut off. My five KKK men and I proceed to a flight of rickety stairs. We tromped up them quickly, for they were groaning under our intense weight. When we reached the top, scuffling came from the room to our right. We entered it slowly and saw a woman, Charlotte Topham, trying to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
2

AprilStorms (United States) published:

Touch of Death

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2015

I was walking in the park like every other day. The wind was making the trees dance and I put up my hand to feel the breeze. But the wind parted around my outstretched hand and I pulled it back, the smile falling off my face. Continuing to walk on the gravel path I watched as my pristine sneakers repelled the dust swirling like fog in the air.
"Hey," I had been concentrating so much on my shoes that I...

Seeking Peer Reviews