This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 12

Full Details

HOW IT WORKS

Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:

Monday - Friday
  • Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button. 
  • Write your response.
  • Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 12 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 12 Day 3”). 
Friday 
  • When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
  • Title your piece “Challenge Completed.” 
  • In the body, copy and paste the text from all five of your pieces, being sure to title each piece as Day 1, Day 2, etc.
See an example from Week 1 here!

WEEK 12 CHALLENGE
5 SOURCES

The Austrian psychiatrist and Holocaust survivor Viktor Frankl is still celebrated today for his memoir Man’s Search for Meaning. For Frankl, finding meaning—even amidst atrocity—came from three sources: purposeful work, love, and courage in the face of difficulty.

Where do you find meaning, dear writers? For this week’s challenge, share your top five sources with us—one for each day of the week—and tell us how each source creates a sense of meaning in your life.