Writing Streak Challenge Week 11
June 8-12 —
Truths and Untruths
HOW IT WORKS
Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:
Monday - Friday
- Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button.
- Write your response.
- Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 11 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 11 Day 3”).
- When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
- Title your piece “Challenge Completed.”
- In the body, copy and paste the text from all five of your pieces, being sure to title each piece as Day 1, Day 2, etc.
See an example from Week 1 here
WEEK 11 CHALLENGE
TRUTHS AND UNTRUTHS
What do you wish were true? What truths do you wish you could undo?
Your challenge this week, dear writers, is to build a list of FIVE truths or things you wish were true—one each day. Each item could be written as poetry or prose; could be one word or one hundred; could be about global events, or happenings at home, or the physical properties of the universe.
- Day 1: I wish it were true that 16 year olds could vote.
- Day 2: It’s true that I’m stronger than I think. Let me tell you why...
- Day 3: A poem about the truths revealed by climate change.