This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 9

Full Details

Can you keep the streak? 

Right now, so many of us are out of our normal routine of school and activities. Take this time to develop your writing practice by joining our Writing Streak Challenge!

HOW IT WORKS

Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:

Monday - Friday
  • Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button. 
  • Write your response.
  • Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 9 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 9 Day 3”). 
Friday 
  • When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
  • Title your piece “Challenge Completed.” 
  • In the body, copy and paste the text from all five of your pieces, being sure to title each piece as Day 1, Day 2, etc.
See an example from Week 1 here!

WEEK 9 CHALLENGE
DAILY FLASHES

Character and plot, setting and theme, description and metaphor. Every story contains the seeds of a whole new universe, which spring to life in the reader’s imagination. But could we create a new world (or universe!) in just ONE sentence? That’s our challenge for you this week, dear writers. 

Every day this week, write a one-sentence story. You may use as many commas, dashes, ellipses, and semicolons as you like (your story may take up a line or a page), but only ONE period.