All writing published for Environmental Writing Competition 2015. See Competition

Published writing

2

MickGurn (United States) published:

The Ocean

PROMPT: Environmental Writing Competition 2015

The Ocean heals all wounds.  This is true both figuratively and literally.  I never feel more at peace with myself, and with the world, than when I am standing in front of those waves breaking on the wet sand.  The water will often be cold but after a couple dunks your legs will turn numb so you will think the water is warm.  The water is nice and refreshing on a hot, summer day.  You could skip a rock.  You...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Max pisano (United States) published:

A Day on the Water

Fishing has shaped the environment that I live in today. I’ve always loved fishing with my dad and brothers since I was five years old. When I was nine years old my dad bought a fishing boat in Cape Cod, MA. Once my dad bought our boat I fell in love with fishing. Whether we are fishing on Long Pond in Cape Cod or just taking a stroll down the Charles River we have the time of our lives.
    I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

DTKenny16 (United States) published:

#WhatPlan?

In an effort to bring about change, the United Nations has developed a campaign and website, called “Global Goals”, to advocate for a better world. Seventeen goals were created with the hope of completion by the year 2030. Most goals focus on the environment, such as life on water, life on land, and climate action. An advertisement to be shown in every movie theater around the world was created with the intent of spreading the word. In the ad, a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Jsmith (United States) published:

Building the Bridge to Oblivion

How many times have you driven on a highway? How about walking to downtown or even stepped into your house? Every time we take a step onto a road, we see signs of development. Where there is a road, a building, or any other settlement, it means that others have been there before us and on most occasions, these areas are laden with hard concrete. Surprisingly, concrete is the second most wanted item after water because we, as humans are...

Seeking Peer Reviews

flabo (United States) published:

You get What you Give

As humans to our society we wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home and repeat this process until we unfold a new chapter in our lives that is thrown at us. We go throughout our days not thinking about how we are here today and how our environment played a key role in keeping us here to enjoy the wonders it has to offer us. For Millions of years our environment has evolved around mankind, we make...

Nathan Dee (United States) published:

Cheetah

She runsintothegrass
We cannot fathom
Goneina heartbeat
Her heart skips a beat
The legend still moving
She is gone intothesunset

DTKenny16 (United States) published:

#WhatPlan?

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
2

Jess (United States) published:

What Do We Lose When We Create?

"And here we have a species that call themselves 'human' but in fact, do not act humane at all." 
    Somewhere, out there, there is another form of life. Despite what you may or may not think and believe, this universe it too immense to not contain something else-- anything else. And I like to think that they are up above us right now, a spaceship circling our blob of green and blue and possibly brown, with a flight attendant/field trip...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Felton218 (United States) published:

Under a Cloud

I have watched people walk past them.
They sit alone under their grey cloud.
No one dares to speak to them,
For reasons I don't seem to understand. 
They are alone- until the mold is broken.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Felton218 (United States) published:

Under a Cloud

I have watched people walk past them.
They sit alone under their grey cloud.
No one dares to speak to them,
For reasons I don't seem to understand. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

GeekyGirl 001 (United States) published:

Mother Earth

Earth's radius is 3,959 miles. Her age is 4.54 billion years and, as of 2013, our population is 7.125 billion. She gives us life. A billion people can live on Earth. She can provide for nearly 7 billion people. How do we care for her? We give her smog, cut down her trees, polute her water? How can she care for us when we care for her? She already strains herself so hard to provide. 

Over four and a...

1

CLAUDIA JOHNSON (United States) published:

The killing of Animals That Shouldn't be Happening

Do you ever wounder how you get the food you are eating for dinner tonight?Have you ever went hunting or killed anything for food? Well I never went hunting in my life, but there are some people who just kill animals just for fun.Think about a little dear that is all alone in the wild without anyone to take care of it well guess what you killed that deers mom and dad just for fun and now that little deer...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Seeking Peer Reviews