This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 4

Full Details

Can you keep the streak? 

Right now, so many of us are out of our normal routine of school and activities. Take this time to develop your writing practice by joining our Writing Streak Challenge!

HOW IT WORKS

Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:

Monday - Friday
  • Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button. 
  • Write your response.
  • Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 4 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 4 Day 3”). 
Friday 
  • When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
  • Title your piece “Challenge Completed.” 
  • In the body, link to all five of your pieces. 
See an example from Week 1 here!

LEVEL UP
  • If you’ve successfully completed the challenge, you’ll receive a badge to upload to your profile picture (we’ll email it to the address connected to your Write the World account).
  • Be sure to keep joining each new weekly challenge—you’ll get new badges that show how many challenges you’ve successfully completed!

WEEK 4 CHALLENGE
DAILY GRATITUDE
  • A robin at the window. 
  • The smell of baking bread. 
  • A funny text from a friend. 
Sometimes, in the midst of turmoil, pieces of good fortune resonate with a profound frequency. Small things become much bigger: A new bud curling up from our window garden, a kind word from a sibling, a song that soothes or transports us.  

This week, dear writers, write a streak of daily gratitudes. Tell us one “small” thing you are grateful for each day.