This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 3

Full Details

Can you keep the streak? 

Right now, so many of us are out of our normal routine of school and activities. Take this time to develop your writing practice by joining our Writing Streak Challenge!

HOW IT WORKS

Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:

Monday - Friday
  • Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button. 
  • Write your response.
  • Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 3 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 3 Day 3”). 
Friday 
  • When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
  • Title your piece “Challenge Completed.” 
  • In the body, link to all five of your pieces. 
See an example from Week 1 here!

LEVEL UP
  • If you’ve successfully completed the challenge, you’ll receive a badge to upload to your profile picture (we’ll email it to the address connected to your Write the World account).
  • Be sure to keep joining each new weekly challenge—you’ll get new badges that show how many challenges you’ve successfully completed!

WEEK 3 CHALLENGE
SIX-WORD MEMOIR

Most of us have written in the memoir genre. But, have you ever told a story that captures your lived experience in just six words? A phrase or sentence that somehow encompasses a central aspect of your human existence? 

For your Week Three Streak, check out these examples, and then write your own six-word memoir—one EACH DAY of the week. Note how both young writers also use the title of their memoir to convey meaning.