This prompt is no longer active. Please select a new prompt to start writing a new piece.

Writing Streak Challenge Week 2

Full Details

Can you keep the streak? 

Right now, so many of us are out of our normal routine of school and activities. Take this time to develop your writing practice by joining our Writing Streak Challenge!

HOW IT WORKS
Each Monday, we’ll post a new challenge for you to complete each day of the week. To participate, do the following:

Monday - Friday
  • Go to Start Writing, then hit the “Free Write” button. 
  • Write your response.
  • Title your piece “Writing Streak,” followed by the week and day (for example: “Writing Streak Week 2 Day 1,” or “Writing Streak Week 2 Day 3”). 
Friday 
  • When you’ve completed your five daily responses, come back to this prompt, and hit “Start Writing”
  • Title your piece “Challenge Completed.” 
  • In the body, link to all five of your pieces. 
See an example from Week 1 here!

LEVEL UP
  • If you’ve successfully completed the challenge, you’ll receive a badge to upload to your profile picture (we’ll email it to the address connected to your Write the World account).
  • Be sure to keep joining each new weekly challenge—you’ll get new badges that show how many challenges you’ve successfully completed!

WEEK 2 CHALLENGE
THROUGH YOUR WINDOW

At least half the globe’s population is living under “stay at home” orders. Views of the outside world—usually kaleidoscopic, as we move through cities and parks, forests and beaches, schools and markets—have been reduced to what we can see from our windows. 

But collectively, dear writers, what views we share! 

For our second writing streak challenge, tell us about a view through your window EVERY DAY. Describe what you see on the other side of the glass, using plenty of sensory detail so that your readers can experience it, too. You might describe the time of day or quality of light, the sounds and smells, the movement or stillness, the colors and mood.

Transport us, dear writers! We can’t wait to see out your window. 

Check out WtW member eleiker's beautiful response to help get you started.