All writing published for Ripple Effect

Published writing

Angela Soria (United States) published:

Grassland Memories

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Do you remember the golden waves of grass that danced with the wind?
Remember the times where that large empty field was home to our childish minds.
It was a place where we played with our demons and let our secrets roam free.
This golden sea of our childhood dreams gone, left with our innocence to rot with the moutains of trash that surround it.
No longer do children run through here, no only rats. Lies, and maybe the occasional...

Katie Krantz (United States) published:

Pollution

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

I spend my time in a dorm in Beijing, where the walls are a greasy gray, and the floor is coated in the dust and dirt that sticks to the bottoms of my feet after I shower.
After one espically homesick day, I look up to see the stars that dot the sky over my family's cottage in Georgia.
There is nothing; the sky is as grey as the walls of my new home.
Please bring back our stars. 
They're...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

mollyemmabarlow (United Kingdom) published:

Drop the Stone

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

You can see the seas dying, the fish floating, swimming the sour song of death,
Land stained red from the blood of powerful predators and innocent beasts,
Killed by creatures that stride across the earth, taking everything they need or want.
Devoid of thoughts of how all the progress made could possibly be destroying the planet that feeds them.
Drop the stone, start the ripples, save Mother Earth from humans, for all she does is provide.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Drop the Stone

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

You can see the seas dying, the fish floating, not swimming any longer,
Devoid of thoughts of how all the progress made could possibly be detrimental to the planet that feeds them.

purplpeanut (United States) published:

Tell

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

The animals are fading from the sea. Choked from plastic, killed from oil, endangered from hunting. They are the ones that make our world the amazing, unknown that it truly is. From the kraken (giant squid) to the unicorn (wild horse), we have legends that have been told through time thanks to these amazing creatures. Do you really want those to dissapear?

1

Drop the Stone

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Devoid of thoughts of how all the progress could possibly be detrimental to the planet that feeds them.
Drop the stone, start the ripples, save Mother Earth from ourselves, for all she does is provide.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Raiquia (Singapore) published:

FINale

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

I am a shark. 

I hunt to survive, and to survive, i kill whatever prey comes. 

Humans have been hunting my kin for their fins, and sadly i have to watch as their finless bodies are thrown back into the sea, where we are supposedly allowed to have our freedom to roam and live, appaently its not for survival but rather for cuisine. 

I heard we were on top of the food chain, but only down here in blue waters...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jacie XP (United States) published:

That's Not Food

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Hard as brick, smells like a dumpster.
Undercooked or overcooked, but never just right.
Chips are stale, lettuce is limp.
Meatballs are slimy, pizza is runny.
School lunches really suck.
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Raven Salvers (United States) published:

The Trees

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Their silent screams echo as one voice through the earth
The slashing, cutting, ripping of their bodies limb by limb
Smoke and fumes swirling through the air as a single congealed cloud of noxious smells and gasses
Falling, falling, falling to the ground with a crash that shakes the very ground underneath Mother Nature's feet
Forest Logging

Seeking Peer Reviews

Brooke (United States) published:

Cows for Food

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

We have live happy lives with our families, and not worry about being killed for food, or becoming seperated from our parents. Cows and other animals arent seem as living creatures, as rather they are seen as walking meat. Animals are always being forced apart from their families and become neglected at farms. You can tell me not all farms are bad, but let me ask you this; is there any humane way to kill an animal? Animals do not...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Brooke (United States) published:

Cows for Food

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

aharry01 (United States) published:

Porkchop

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

He follows his mother though the mud.
In a line they march, poked and prodded.
Food lies ahead, or so they believe.
To the slaughterhouse the pigs trudge on.
Porkchops tonight!

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

AprilStorms (United States) published:

Who says you can't?

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

What are you doing?
Sitting here and reading this.
Why aren't you out making a difference?
You say you can't?
Who says?

1
1

Grace Mary Potts (Australia) published:

In Our Wake

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

We let plastic bags drift by us, floating across concrete surfaces like tumbleweeds on barren ground.
We build barracades to protect the sand of our beaches, even when it destroys the dunes of those around. 
We demolish forests for oil, paper and houses, even when there are animals still inside.
We drive cars and work in factories, and barely spare a glance for the melting ice.

And maybe one day the Earth will die, because we never gave thought to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Jocelyn Martinez (United States) published:

Far East

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Where can I get that surgical mask?
    What do you mean?
Everyone here is wearing one, I want one.
    You need one, you can find one there.
Thank you, they're so stylish! 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Nathan Dee (United States) published:

Father

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

I am the son of a loving and strong father
He is the one I look up to
Not everyone has a father like mine
They are actually hard to come by
But everyone really needs a father
Someone to look up to
Someone like my father
Someone who loves
Who leads
Dad

Kylee_2018 (United States) published:

Art

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Art is an important part of our community.  Though many people aren't good, it's important.  I think people should listen to their inner artist.  I think if people do this we will be a better people.  I hope this happens. 

Wright585 (United States) published:

Drama

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Acting has always been a passion for me. It makes me feel like a new person every time I am on the stage. It creates a special feeling on the stage that make me feel like a stronger and more developed person. When I am on the stage I can forget about everything and do my part as if it were a new life.When ever you start there is a force that cannot be stopped until the curtain opens and...

CLAUDIA JOHNSON (United States) published:

Animals that have a point

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

The animals that are getting killed each day and night all for just your sick mind of fun.There was a little deer in the woods that looked like it didn't know what itwas doing.It's looking for its mom and dad but could not find them anywhere.you want to know what happenend to them?Some hunters killed the lilltle deers mom and dad just for your idea of "fun".

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

hensle569 (United States) published:

Violence in Video Games

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

It honestly frustrates me when any white mom activist group who have never played a video game in their life, excluding Candy Crush Saga, claims that violent video games cause shootings. They go off the single fact that criminals who commit these crimes sometimes owned a video game and played it regularly. There is nothing wrong with violent games. One of my favorite hobbies is gaming, and I'm not a likely culprit for a future shooting. Maybe people should...

1

hensle569 (United States) published:

Violence in Video Games

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

Jacoby46 (United States) published:

Snare

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

My drum sticks are moving quickly as I play an upbeat rhythm on my snare drum. If I didn't have a snare drum in my life, I probably wouldn't be staying out of trouble as much as I am. Their is always more work that can be done, nobody is ever perfect at snare drum. Nobody knows and can play everything on a snare. If you think your perfect at snare, you have basically just given up on making yourself...

Haleymarie (United States) published:

Organ Trail

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten" -lilo and stitch 

I'm passionate about Organ Trail, because we are family. Our organization is a charity and just because Muncie wants more money the town is trying to make us get permits or shut us down. But no one can shut down a family, when all we want is to help people. Any money that is donated goes to family's who had a accident and someone...

GeekyGirl 001 (United States) published:

A New Future, Please?

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

How could one be so careless?! To throw away all the things you once loved. To leave them meaningless on an island of other empty things. Their meaning, to rot  away amongst the things for ages. Recycle, give these things a new life, the one they deserved from the beginning.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Maggie Mills (United States) published:

Unchanging

PROMPT: Ripple Effect

The smog covers the city, surrounds the towers, flows into lungs.  Children choke, gag, reach for their masks.  And yet, the cars drive on, the factories spew more smoke.  Why don't we change?  Humans are stubborn, but the truth that we all know: things will not get better as long as we remain unchanging.  

Seeking Peer Reviews