All writing published for The Unseen

Published writing

1

Stephanie (United States) published:

Alive

PROMPT: The Unseen

We live, we die Nothing changes
Driving down the road
Suddenly there’s a bump
The car spins out
The innocent ones always die
We live, we die
The bottle in your hand, the wretched smell on your breath
They throw you in a cell and slam the door shut
The key is tossed out the window
So this is what the end is like?
We live, we die
Reminiscing on the past
You realize nothing in your childhood was anything...

1

Kristina Marjanac published:

FOR I AM THE HEART - A POEM BY KRISTINA MARJANAC

PROMPT: The Unseen

To see it would be a disgust Yet to hear it is heavenly Oh the beat it creates It contains so much lust It works for your body devotedly Life or death that’s what it dictates I have yours and you have mine Just do not break it To mend it is challenging Skipping a beat is a sign My love to you I now commit Do not keep the beat awaiting For I am the heart

4
1

Aishah (United Kingdom) published:

Depression

PROMPT: The Unseen

When the doctor said your name I cried. All along I knew it was true, but I prayed that it be anything. Just not you. It felt like a part of me had died inside. I didn’t want to believe it to be true

Every day you suck my soul away, You eat me alive. All I can do now is pray, That you die and I survive

I will not let you win this battle. I will fight you...

Chris Duff published:

Minds of the Unseen

PROMPT: The Unseen

That which we cannot comprehend, we fear. Those that are truly unseen are our fears that walk behind our eyelids, hiding in the withered folds that with a mere willful flick can guard our ignorance. However, the darkness of our minds shelter the unseen and give them sustenance. We cannot see them with a blind eye or a turned cheek. Years are the only things that may peel them off, like dried scabs that leave ivory scars. Rejoice in those...

1

Carol (United States) published:

Island In The Hurricane

PROMPT: The Unseen

I'm always walking: spacious skies ahead, the weatherman said. Did he not remember to look behind him? Because there's a hurricane coming, eating up the heels of our scuffed feet but no one sees it, no one but me.

(They see me through their funny x-ray goggles like they can dissect me into pieces, little tiny jewels plucked from my pores to be chewed on and treasured and thrown away.)

I want to look behind me, but I'm afraid- the...

Juliah published:

Unseen

PROMPT: The Unseen

Love is in the air But you can not see it You cannot hear it You cannot taste it You simply have to believe in the unforeseen

1

Drew Barber published:

Unseen

PROMPT: The Unseen

Invisible am I To an unkeen eye Lurking within stones throw still you don't know I try to remain unseen By any means Even unseen I can cause you issues the kind that can be solved with tissues I can be heard Discovered by choice of word You will be hated if I become to big People will say that you're a pig If you maintain control You won't pay a toll As long as you Know what to do...

1

Mallorie Cheves (United States) published:

Unsettled Emotions

PROMPT: The Unseen

Pain can take on many forms. Whether it be tears, anger, or envy. We brave the weather and face the storms and hide our pain with glee.

Pain cannot be seen, only hidden under a smile. Yet pain doesn't mind to sink in the bottom of our hearts. We held our heads up high only for a little while, because our pain will never depart.

Much like a monster fading in the shadows, pain will wait for the perfect time...

1

Wil published:

The Unseen

PROMPT: The Unseen

To be unseen is to be hidden, and what do people hide more than their emotions. Hiding emotions can Hide your true self, it causes the people around you to treat you in the way you act and not what you feel. Everyone has emotions, some are small and subtle while others are massive, wild and nearly Uncontrollable. The more feelings you hold in the more repressed they get until the time comes when Nobody knows how you feel. If...

Isaiah published:

Truthful

PROMPT: The Unseen

Trustworthy Reliable Understanding Thoughtful Helping Friendship Unwavering Loyal

Bailey published:

Music

PROMPT: The Unseen

Music is a beautiful thing, an invisible thing. But sometimes the unseen are the most powerful things. Music uses the air as its pallet- painting the air with beautiful tones. Music can make my mood go from terrible to wonderful in a matter of seconds. Music has had a great influence on my life, and I know it will continue to. Even though music is not tangible, it still can have a great impact.

1

Amber Hummel published:

Friendship Limerick

PROMPT: The Unseen

Friends can say how they're blessed And help when other needs rest They work hand in hand They help others stand All work till they each pass life's test

1

Jadah Dornick published:

Unseen but Unavoidable

PROMPT: The Unseen

Standards

Is it possible for me to be myself? In a world where standards are high and self esteem is low? Is it possible to love who I am for what I am? The standards are high, but physically unseen Lurking in the minds of those who don't see true beauty in everyone. You must be skinny, you must be pretty, you must be someone you're not. Is it really possible for me to be myself? For any of us...

Samuel Mauller published:

Is Heaven Real?

PROMPT: The Unseen

Lord all mighty He is the one His spirit floats all around Day and night he's always there Just pray and ask For he will come

Many ask "Why are you Christian?" I simply say I don't know which is real I'm just being prepared There may be a Heaven there may be a Hell If either one is true I want to be well

No one knows for sure If this religion is true But when the time comes...

Hannah Smith published:

Jesus

PROMPT: The Unseen

J... just because you can´t see him doesn´t mean he is not there. E... eternal love is what he has to offer to us. S... saving people by love and grace everyday. U... unconditionally loves even though you may have sinned S... spending your Sunday´s worshiping and praising him.

Zack Thompson published:

Hard Work

PROMPT: The Unseen

It can be anyone Just trying their best At anytime Anyplace Striving for excellence Turning their dreams into a reality

Jourdan Hill published:

Heart

PROMPT: The Unseen

Heart can't be measured It is deep in you always You can't even feel

Kyle Gardiner published:

My God

PROMPT: The Unseen

There are many forces in this world None as powerful as my Lord In his command the Earth swirled And he created the fjord

God is unseen to us He controls all of nature He created the plus He is the great baker

God is known only through faith We will never be able to touch Obey everything God saith He is our best crutch

Ireland Tilley published:

Attitude

PROMPT: The Unseen

Attitude is everything in life, even though it can not be literally seen The people that are around you everyday, leave a profound influence on your life The way some one holds their attitude, can make the difference between a negative and positive world Even other people can be affected by the way you act, so as you live life, live with a positive attitude.

Morgan published:

Unseen

PROMPT: The Unseen

Look up and you'll realize Open your eyes and you'll see The God that made the whole universe In the sunsets and stars To the grass and the butterflies He's real and alive You just have to have faith

Andrew Feistritzer published:

Air

PROMPT: The Unseen

-You cannot see air -It holds oxygen so that -All humans can breathe

RobHotDog published:

Drive

PROMPT: The Unseen

The Unseen.

Something I believe a lot of people do not see when they look at me is my hatred for losing. This fear of losing and looking inadequate drives me to do well and try to succeed in everything I have to do in my life. Whether it comes to soccer, lifting, or anything in my life! I love to succeed and this unseen drive I have compels me to do my very best every day!

Jaylee McWhirt published:

The Unseen

PROMPT: The Unseen

You may not see it, but you can feel it. It gives you butterflies in your tummy But it can also make you feel like a dummy. It can give you the best feeling in the world, Or it can give you the worst. You never know what will happen When you experience this thing called love.

1

Maddie Pyle published:

Jesus

PROMPT: The Unseen

Just amazing Everyone's friend Savior Universe creator Son of God

Michaela published:

Happiness

PROMPT: The Unseen

It starts at the tips of your toes and fills your body with a warm feeling that leaves a smile glued to your face Melodic laughter fills the air and eyes brighten two shades as realization sets in. Vibrant colors fill the darkest corners of the mind And any dull moment from the past is shadowed by the feeling of graciousness and gratification. The feeling of knowing that no matter what, everything will be alright and nothing can stop that...