All writing published for Pass It On

Published writing

Filipino The Best!!! (Australia) published:

keep SMILING it looks good on you.

PROMPT: Pass It On

One smile can change the world but don't let the world change that SMILE.

keep SMILING it looks good on you.

PROMPT: Pass It On

Smile when you still have teeth.

2

Bananasaurus (India) published:

Let's take this further

PROMPT: Pass It On

One of the most useful pieces of feedback I got was from a mentor at a writing workshop. Why do I find it so useful?

• The feedback was targeted only at the piece, and not at me, the author. If the story felt rushed at a point, then it was "the story felt rushed", not "you rushed the story". These subtle wording changes can have a huge impact.
  • Nothing was "bad", rather, there were a few parts that "could be...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Crime_time (United States) published:

Which word helped me

PROMPT: Pass It On

When I was first starting out on write the world I often had a friend read the stories/poems I wrote to see if they were good, or to check for mistakes I made. They don't really do that anymore because we all became very busy. I usually write during school in hopes of having something to build off of when I get home, but I can't really send whole stories over to them. Sometimes I get someone to read it,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Mal_onfleek727 (United States) published:

"I'm Proud of You, Maliyah"

PROMPT: Pass It On

"I'm proud of you Maliyah!"

• I don't here this comment often. I wish I did. It makes me feel like I've disappointed the person if I don't here some words of encouragement.
  • Sometimes I feel like I never do enough. It's hard to not here feed back from someone when you've put your heart and soul into a certain task. So try my best to do the best I can at everything I do.
  • When someone does say it it...
Seeking Peer Reviews

"I'm Proud of You, Maliyah"

PROMPT: Pass It On

" I'm proud of you Maliyah!"

• When someone does say it...

1

Ruthh (United Kingdom) published:

Respectful Honesty

PROMPT: Pass It On

Detailed suggestions on how to improve are always really good. For example, I showed a piece I submitted to the album review competition to my teacher and he said specific things on how to improve that could be applied both broadly and in a smaller sense. Like a broad way to improve was my structuring but a little way I could improve was not repeating the same phrase and having more variety. That also happens with essays that I do...