All writing published for My December Competition 2019 . See Competition

Published writing

xmonix (United States of America)() published:

Oh, I Remember December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

There was something amazing about that day.

It was the afternoon two days before Christmas, I was awakened by the annoyingly, no snooze alarm I call Brenda, my youngest sister, who informed me that we had to look for a new dress for Christmas mass. I was irritated and complained that it was pointless to look for a new dress due to the fact I could use my old dress and since red is a prominent color for Christmas, it...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

BurningMidnightOil (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

December in Snapshots

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Snow-licked dawns are ushered in by the frozen breath of the frost faeries. The little shimmering things that flit on the surface of the rolling hills of white. I lay in bed, burrowing deep in to warm covers, trying to soak in the last vestiges of the lingering heat in the cocoon. I was no stranger to frost-bitten, cold-crusted mornings. 

I slid clumsily into the bathroom whilst wrestling furry caterpillars of red socks onto my numb feet. The hallway smelt...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Emery Fraser (United States of America)() published:

Treasures

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

The month of December is filled with so many experiences that only come around once a year. From spending time with your family to watching the snowfall, there is so much to be treasured. For most people, you expect the same thing every year. You expect all of your grandparents being there on Christmas morning. You expect to receive all of the gifts you have asked for. You expect so much each year. But for many, you don’t get what...

Oh, I Remember December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Oh, I Remember December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

TerenNeret (Malaysia)() published:

twelve

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

When they tell you that the older you become, the faster time flies, you don't believe it.

Because you are too busy counting down from twelve, the last few seconds of the worn out year dripping between your lips. The heavy weight of waiting resting on your shoulder blades, the brightness of new possibilities like the glittering confetti ready to burst on the streets. Maybe it’s a little over-rated, the brash and bold hype over this tiny frame of time...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Blinky (United States of America)() published:

Ornaments

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Whenever you see a Christmas tree, do you ever think about the bulbs on it?
    Of course you do. That’s what makes a Christmas tree. Colorful bulbs dangling from branches, sparkly tinsel garlands wrapping wide around the bottom and thinning out as it gets to the top, where the star is placed atop the highest bough. Even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, you see them everywhere, in movies and TV shows, in malls and at the bank, or even...

1

Idk... (United States of America)() published:

Summer Wonderland

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

December 9th, 2017 
Finally a snow day! School is out and an extra day for homework and relaxing. Where I live we only get we only get 1 snow day a year usually, but they're just like weekends only unplanned.
December 19th-20th, 2017 
    Yay... a whole day of traveling. I know your like that's not bad, trying to be in a car with your siblings for 15 hours. Try being 1 plane with at least a hundred people on for...
Seeking Peer Reviews

3

hi i'm jackson ;) (United States of America)() published:

December Is For New Beginnings

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

I strolled home along the sidewalk, having just stepped off my bright yellow school bus. It was cold, but I wore my favorite navy flip flops anyways. The breeze twirled my hair behind me, and I stopped for a moment, thinking. I was at the foot of a very steep sidewalk up to my front door, a hard climb with my heavy backpack and sore legs. The chilly wind brushes my face again, and I remember when I used...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Vilar Alvarez (Ireland)() published:

December, and the Christmas Spirit

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

There comes a time when everything begins to change, when the atmosphere mutates into something special, something magical. It surrounds people and places, it brings warmth to the already tired soul. It is December. As I walk through the streets, illuminated by festivity decorations, clutching my coat tightly to my chest, and as people greet me with the usual smiles of “Merry Christmas”, something things to be missing, there is a void in the glass windows of shops where statues...

4

Kbsrhckl;) (Singapore)() published:

Once Upon a Christmas

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Once upon a time, I used to believe in a warm and happy Christmas, I believed with such naivety that Santa Claus existed, that Christmas was all about presents and fun. I believed that a once a year reunion with my family was all I needed then and I couldn't see much change in the scenery of Christmas. No snow, no thoughts racing through my head but it was just enough.

Once upon a time, I used to love a...

JakeFrommStateFarm (United States of America)() published:

December to Remember

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

I look out the window. It's snowing. When I was younger, I would try to count the snowflakes as they fell to the ground. But today, my head is too full of other worries.
    It's Christmas Eve at my grandma's house, and even though the house is full of cousins and aunts and uncles I don't even know, I'm as lonely as a snowman in a desert.
    My cousins Davy and Amy, both six years...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

YanaKang (United States of America)() published:

The Old and the New: December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

My December is a time of business, as school is in the heart of second quarter.
It's also a time to look forward to the new year: a time to slow down and reduce anxiety. 
These two opposing forces define my attitude and behavior in December. 

In the first half of December, I feel inclined to work harder as I approach the last stretch of the fiscal year, because it really makes me realize how much time has passed, all...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Summer Wonderland

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

December 9th, 2017 
December 19th-20th, 2017 
Seeking Peer Reviews

Summer Wonderland

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

December 9th, 2017 
December 19th-20th, 2017 
Seeking Peer Reviews

freezeyour_brain (Ireland)() published:

Sadness, but Happiness at the Same Time

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Sadness, but Happiness at the Same Time 
What does December mean to me? 
December means sadness to me. 
December means rain that feels like it lasts forever, pounding on the windows and creeping into your head, filling it with cold water and wistful dreams of summer. 
It means tantalizingly cold temperatures that can never quite transform the miserable drops of cold water into frozen flakes of bliss. I spend hours staring out the window, fantasizing of sparkling white fields and frozen breath that looks like...

2

aperson (United States of America)() published:

December.

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

December means big green christmas trees and leafy wreaths hung.
    December means the smell of pine and piping hot chocolate in the air.
    December means sparkly lights everywhere you look.
    December means frosty cold in the wind nipping your skin.
    December means pure excitement and joy on christmas morning.
    December means crowded bedrooms and awkward smalltalk.
    December means big dinners and small voices.
    December...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Summer Wonderland

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

December 9th, 2017 

December 19th-20th, 2017 
    Yay... a whole day of traveling. I know your like it's not bad, trying being in a car with your siblings for 15 hours. Try being 1 plane with at least a hundred people on for 20...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Ariana G (United States of America)() published:

Memories and Feelings in December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

In my imagination, I can see light flurries of snow falling to the ground into soft white banks, making the land look like an enormous marshmallow. I can imagine the cold biting my cheeks and my nose, and the clear sky above my head. I can imagine ice cream in the fridge and hot chocolate powder in the cabinet. I can imagine school out and the kids in my neighborhood coming out to play, together for once.   

I can imagine shivering in my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Caleb Tibbitts (United States of America)() published:

The Meaning of December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

I jumped on my sled and off I went. Down the hill at the golf course faster and faster. If 
you sled when the snow first comes, it’s not packed down yet and doesn’t work as well. Now if 
you go down when the white blanket is smushed against the grass, that’s a completely different 
story. It’ll freeze over and a person will zip down the slope as fast as a blur towards a jump that 
will send you flying...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20JAKINS (United States of America)() published:

Abraded Treasures

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

The first snow fall brings with it satisfaction. Crisp white flakes gently fall from the pewter sky. A sheet of white thick enough to block out any noise, leaving the air quiet and calming. A setting evidently perfect for a blissful nap. Combined with the tranquil feelings emitted from sitting in a darkly lit car, its vents blaring and pushing out warm air that seemingly circulates everywhere but the back. But it's warm being bundled in thick coats and scruffy scarves. Your bright, young eyes upturned towards the bright enrapturing lights...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20awalker (United States of America)() published:

A Boring Life

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

My body’s natural alarm woke me up early in the morning. I had only gotten 2 hours of sleep, but I knew I wouldn’t being able to go back to sleep. I decided to try and get up. Looking out of the window, I saw the calm gray sky as snow covered the ground. My body was numb, I could barely feel anything emotionally. The holiday season was quickly approaching, sadly I wasn’t able to feel the joy and happiness from it anymore. Very slowly,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Zamil Birdie (United States of America)() published:

Lamb and Mint Jelly

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

I layered my clothes with tired eyes. First the undershirt, then the long-sleeve button-up, then my sweatshirt. I went to the bathroom, and tried to get my appearance somewhat manageable looking. It was still dark outside, but the layers of thick snow reflected the light back up. I could hear the truck shoveling the snow off the road. Hopefully it wasn’t too bad, otherwise I would have to take a different road than usual. 
    I grabbed my backpack...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Miss_S_wise (India)() published:

The Feel of December.

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

The last day of November
‘Darn it’ I was grumbling curses about how cold it was in Delhi again and about the insanity of my school.
Whoever keeps exams in December?
I was walking home from my math extra class at 7 in the evening. The night was cold and dreary and cold. God, I just hate winter evenings. Well, not really. When I was a little girl, I used to love the fog that would escape my mouth...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Sarah Ferguson (United States of America)() published:

What December Is To Me

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Driving down the street, sitting in a car full of kids who radiate anticipation and excitement, we make our way across town to visit family. Tiny lights of many different colors illuminate the streets and cars that surround us. These lights instantly strike joy into the hearts of the children in the car and easily become their favorite part of this special occasion. Those lights that, on their own, envelop the very image of the season. Time passes by as...