All writing published for My December Competition 2019 . See Competition

Published writing

1

Jerielou Sazon (Philippines)() published:

A Spark of Hope

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Amberly hesitantly stood up in front of her class again. She’s wearing all black from head to toe as usual with her dark maroon hair. She fidgeted while holding her report even though she knows exactly what to say and do. She’s well prepared to the point that she doesn’t need to prepare at all when it comes to her academics, but it’s hard for her to socialize, eye contact with the crowd scares her because she knows she’s different....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Living My Life Through Writing (United States of America)() published:

My December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

As lovely and beautiful December is, it raises many questions. Some may say that in December joy is given and love is received, but what about those kids who never felt those things? The google dictionary sums up that December is the twelfth month of the year and in the Northern hemisphere, it's usually considered as the first month of winter. 
    For kids, who haven't felt that love and joy, that is said to come around Christmas time,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Rylan Andor Florence (United States of America)() published:

A December for the Few

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

To others, December kindles candle-lit memories of snow-kissed evergreen trees and the aromatic flush of pine throughout the den. I see the firelight dancing behind your eyes and I know you see it too: children laughing and playing as snowflakes flutter from the clouds like so many sunset-tinged leaves only weeks ago, a kitchen brimming with the scent of cherry pie and sugar cookies, a family gathered 'round a mahogany table sharing food for both body and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Saadia (United States of America)() published:

Fostering Christmas

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

A streak of light from the blue and white Christmas lights that hung outside shone right into my eyes, urging me to move forward to see if it was real. The living room floor was flooded with toys, clothes, and other amazing things that I would have never thought to ask for. Among the sea of unwrapped gifts was the Christmas tree, its glistening star sitting crookedly on top, nearly touching the ceiling.

I had never seen so many presents,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Kimberly Castillo Gracia (United States of America)() published:

My Special Gift

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

Christmas is nearly everyone’s favorite time of the year. The whole month of December if filled with joy, excitement and eagerness towards the special day. It is the time of the year where everyone gets together and gives to one another. It really is the greatest time of the year filled with many fun memories and experiences, not to mention gifts as well.

Gifts. Everyone loves gifts, whether it is giving them or...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

dyn4m1cacid911 (United States of America)() published:

My December

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

When it snowed for you, it didn’t snow for me. Instead of gentle snowflakes falling on new years eve, I instead felt the icy rain on an already lonesome night. Steadily falling down, starting as snow but melting as it rushed down to the ground. And I sat there. In a house that wasn’t my home, alone, but not really. I had my dad, his (now ex) wife, and her mom. Yet, as I sat there, I knew how secluded...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Rayna Jay (United States of America)() published:

December Is Meant For Bliss

PROMPT: My December Competition 2019

When thinking of a perfect December, usually snow, family, food, and gifts come to mind. Just like the movies where everything is perfect. For me, it's different. Living in southern Arizona, there’s no such thing as snow. It’s rare that we get a white blanket because it occurs as often as a blue moon. Family can be torn apart by divorce/separation or simple family drama. Lastly, food and gifts can become scarce due to money. This is all what...
Seeking Peer Reviews