All writing published for Novel Writing Competition 2019 . See Competition

Published writing

4

Sara Roza (United States) published:

Chapter One- The Poptart

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

I’m running.
    Faster than I’ve ever run before.
    I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m running.
    All I hear is my pounding heart, the sound of leaves crunching beneath my feet, and my breath coming in short gasps.
    I trip over a branch causing me to fly face-first into the ground.
    I scream out in pain...no.
    I cry out in pain...no.
  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Cordelia_Fitzgerald (United States) published:

A Dragon and a Drastic Truth

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

I stomped down the sidewalk, stiff as cardboard and mad as a hornet. Let’s just say twelve year old boys are an entirely separate species. The kind that has no hesitation before hurling water balloons at any innocent by passer. My wet hair slapped my face as I sharply turned the corner and continued down my flaming path of rage. 
    My clothes stuck to my skin and water dripped down my nose. I muttered angrily to myself as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

anvivarma (United States) published:

The Victorian Manor

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

She stood in front of the giant Richardsonian Romanesque style mansion. The noirette sighed, picking up her suitcase as she approached the giant ornately designed doors. She dropped the doorknocker against the aged wood. It echoed throughout the house and she waited nervously outside the door. The door flung open and in front of her stood a young man no older than his late twenties. What was surprising was that he was dressed in a Victorian style.
              He looked...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Giovanni Franco@hightechhigh.org (United States) published:

immigration story

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Hi,i'm Ethan I had a normal life until my mom got deported.It all started when i was born
two Mexican parents but dad is from here but my was ́t. She spoke really good english it’s like she was from here.My mom works at restaurants and my dad work as an elementary teacher. I wonder why my mom works at a restaurant and why she why we would go on vacation without her. 
About two years ago was normal day...

1

Alek Ibarra (United States) published:

Minecraft Story

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Minecraft Story
BY Alek 
There was once a guy named Steve. He always wore the same things,light blue shirt, blue pants and grey shoes. One day at his work (that was a laboratory) they were trying out different experiments and they messed up.The scientists were to make a portal and something horrible happened.
“Sir, we have an error!̈”a man yelled.
“Back up needed,I repeat back up needed!̈”a man yelled.
All of the sudden the portal that they were making...

Sara Roza (United States) published:

Chapter One- The Poptart

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

I’m running.
    Faster than I’ve ever run before.
    I scream out in pain...no.
    I cry out in pain...no.
  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

thelumosduck (United States) published:

Blood of Cow EXCERPT

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The fluorescent lights lining the walls began to flash, and I sprang to my feet, eyes darting around the small spherical room. The sim had begun.
           Clear, crisp water seeped into the room from pores in the dished walls, sloshing at my feet and leeching through the soles of my silver boots. A chill ran down my spine, but it wasn’t from the cold. If I was right about what the sim was … I shrugged the thought away. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Alexa M. (United States) published:

After they messed up

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

“Ice Age, a point in time were the world got warm, way warmer than ever before.  There were pros and cons to this such as, we got new species but lost many, we lost a lot of ice but  gained warmth and land. Many years passed after the next period occurred. Unlike the Ice Age this period was provoked by humans. They polluted the earth which caused a loss of many things. Land from flooding, species, civilizations, over all this...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Morgan G. (United States) published:

rights and frights- 2 short stories about animal rights

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

rights and frights
A story about animal rights-Morgan green
Swimming through the ocean, tons of fish- what looks like a jellyfish but not 100% sure.  I start swimming around, I suddenly feel a rip current beginning, trying to avoid it but it pulls me in, I try to swim out but there’s no use. I slam into the jelly fish but it doesn't sting. I’m trapped in whatever it is. I start to panic…”how do I get it off?” 
 The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Carlos Salgado (United States) published:

Commotion Creation

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The cars rushing around me, as the sun awoke. The noise irritated everyone. I had tried countless times to ignore the commotion outside, but it only got worse, until there was a vivid flash.

It affected other people too. “What is happening?” I heard someone yell during the flash, “What is this?” another person asked. A few seconds later reality came back. Everything was twice as loud and the lights were blinding. All people wanted to do is leave;...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Alek Ibarra (United States) published:

Minecraft Story

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Minecraft Story
BY Alek 
“Sir, we have an error!̈”a man yelled.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Kate Harris (United States) published:

The Pet-less Night

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

My eyelids drooped as Minnie started to bark. In my mind I begged her to stop. And then my wish came true. Sillence. I heard a car door slam, and I was asleep.
    The next morning I woke up, turned off my fan, and opened my bedroom door.
“Minnie!” I called. No answer.
“Come here Mins,” I shouted. I listened for the sound of her dog tags clinking as she ran up the stairs. Nothing. I ran all over...

2

Hayley Vileta (United States) published:

Abandoned.

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Emptiness. That’s what described the pound. While it was packed full of animals, there were no humans. Occasionally, someone would come in asking if they’d seen their lost pet. No one would want to enter the pound unless they needed to. A room full of animals with puppy eyes, begging for a home. A cold, dark room, that somehow made everyone that entered sad or wanting to save all of the dogs.
    A vet came in quite often, taking...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Joaquin Patino (United States) published:

Curse

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

A long time ago, a witch named, Brie. She had many animals that were her pets . She cared about her animal deeply.  The witch lived in a forest near a nearby town. Brie didn’t bother humans or even contacted them, she doesn’t remember her parents she just remembers being left in a cabin. One day a priest found out about the witch’s whereabouts from an unknown source; the priest decided he wanted to do something about it. The priest...

Seeking Peer Reviews

wrenox (United States) published:

Undefined Excerpt

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

An Excerpt from Chapter 1 of Undefined...

Never again would a person work the job of a trash truck driver. Robots did that. Instead, from the age of two, humans were required to start learning the superior arts: robot engineering.  Children learned to work with robots with complicated code, physics, and mechanical construction, but as the courses were rigorous, many dropped out and had to attend the frowned upon art school.
    Art school had much more variety and free...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Kivouk (Algeria) published:

The Otherness

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

It was a fine day in June with a many rays of the sun that sneaked through the barred windows in search of the sleeping little eyes to tease open, and brighten what stayed all night darkened. But as strongly they stood erect and profoundly shone, it seemed that even with the effect of the brightest ray; the shadows threaded within the hanged large portraits of green meadows and girls plucking daisies were unbothered, and to still find comfort lurking...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Im_tall_hah_jk_ (United States) published:

Earth SAVER

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Our world, our earth is being threatened because of something we made, Plastic what a cruel word. We   
                can’t keep doing this to our planet to the point when there will be no nature or even our life. I think that in my 
head everyday, I want to share my wonders with anyone who can trustme. I can make our world a better place. “Bahahaha, thats funny,” My older sister, Rosie loves doubting me and my possibilities to change...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Jason Diaz (United States) published:

Harry The Pig

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Harry was a young pig who woke up in a stinky dumpster. He was very confused. All he remembered was that his name was Harry but he didn’t know how he ended up in a dumpster. Harry climbed up a dirty bag and a crumbly box to get to the top. When Harry was at the top, all he needed to do was jump down. Without thinking how high up he was, he jumped down. When Harry landed, he heard...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

Jacob Archbold (United States) published:

A Major Infection

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Prologue
May 18th, 2018, Sante Fe. Texas
    ‘I am in class doing a test. It was on math, my favorite subject. My friends taps me on the arm and hands me a note. I don’t read it because I don’t want to get in trouble, so I put it in my pocket for later.
    About 30 minutes later (I don’t remember the exact time) I hear a loud 
Bang! Bang! Bang! Then in a split second the alarm...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ariana Robles (United States) published:

(story name unknown)

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

(story name unknown) By Ariana Robles Draft 1

“Hi, I’m Emma, a 23 year old girl living in a small town named Meadow Cliff, with my best friend Lucy. Lucy and I were both victims of a school shooting back in our freshman year of highschool, and let me tell you. It was terrifying.The feeling of you, or all your friends and peers possibly being shot at any waking moment is horrific, so Lucy and I decided we wanted to...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ingo Woolleu (Antarctica) published:

Buddy and Darth

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Buddy And Darth draft 1
By Ingo 
This is a universe not ruled by humans anymore. You see, this story takes place way after humans went extinct, after they damaged the planet by burning fossil fuels. The pollution got so bad that the cats and dogs had to do something. Luckily, they found a way to survive. Cats learned new things and slowly took over the world. They discovered how to make a spaceship that can travel at light speed....

Seeking Peer Reviews

magolorz (United States) published:

the esscence of the freshly laid snow

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The Essence of the Freshly Laid Snow
                                         By holly
“̈The last pup just opened his eyes! Oh goody!”,
a strange voice shouted out happily. It almost seemed familiar, though he had never heard it.He tilts his head up to look at his very own mother for the first time.
Not paying attention, he doesn't see the looming figure behind him.
Cold hands scoop the helpless little puppy up. He sees his mother being dragged farther and farther away. It's almost...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Hunter John (United States) published:

Time Paradox

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The year is 2050, The arctic has fully melted and all the coastal states are now submerged. Smith works endlessly with his partner Lillian to find the time formula. The Time formula is an experiment that a scientist named Nico Micfillian found out in 2045 also trying to find a way to save the world. Nico figured it out and left the dimension with his work and messed up their dimension. Two days that followed after Nico’s disappearance the lab...

Seeking Peer Reviews

kabes_not_friendly (United States) published:

Trash World

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

It was another day of cockroaches crawling in and out of our house there legs scuttling along the hard wood just begging for a scrap or crumb of any food, but I couldn’t hold it to them they were just like us the times were hard and food was hard to come by, so I really couldn’t hold it to them because we were eating but scraps of food and water so salty it makes your mouth dry like the...

2

SpacedOutHumanoid (United States) published:

Charles

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

A man wandered through the city, looking for something, as far as he knew. Though, his mind was quite foggy in terms of what exactly he was looking for. A building? No, an office. 
    He stumbled a little, sighing as he began to feel rather sleepy and a bit on the high side as he dragged himself along. The searing pain in his chest certainly wasn't helping, even as his mind grew unclear. Someone seemed to almost run up...

Seeking Peer Reviews