All writing published for Novel Writing Competition 2019 . See Competition

Published writing

Lilybanks (United Kingdom) published:

Unknown society

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Unknown society? .This is one extraordinary explorers accidental journey to founding a new civilisation .The face of inspiration to many future explorers.
Uncovering the 1864  documentary on the brilliant discovery of a new civilisation,shows us a look into their alternative lifestyle;look at this private group and how they try to keep ancient traditions alive…
Paris,1865:
It had been a year since the article had been published in The French newspaper Le Monde and by now had been translated into...

5

AcetheticallyPleasing (United States) published:

Hopeless (A)romantic

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Platonic love is the only love I know. Romantic love is beyond my understanding. 
    I find myself with mixed emotions yet again. My heart flutters as I recollect my fantasy of finally meeting that special someone and being able to love them with everything I have. My heart quivers as I wallow in the fact that even after seventeen years of being alive, I haven't felt this way for anyone, and perhaps I never will. 
    So many songs, in general,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ray (Canada) published:

Tears

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The tears on his face were not drying.

Even after decades of suppressing his emotions, he still reached out to touch a hand - and received nothing in return.

He understood, yet he didn't, for it was a fact, but an unacceptable one. A mirage, he used to believe. Fabrications, for why else would he exist with nothing left to hold onto?

Yet he sat there, on a worn couch that used to seat both of them - where he...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Alexander Martinez (United States) published:

Animal story

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

One day there was a kid with a dream a dream to save many animals. the more things he saw online or social media youtube or anything made him more sad. And made him want to do something for all those animals ¨but he thought since he was a kid he could not do anything. 
But he woke up the next day and told his parents about his ideas for saving animals and helping them. They both listened to him...

2

Cordelia_Fitzgerald (United States) published:

A Dragon and a Drastic Truth

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Just yesterday, Lydia had received a mysterious acceptance letter to a dragon-riding school called Asterope Academy: School for Guardians in Training. Lydia was sure it was a gimmick, but now she wasn't so sure...

“IS THAT A DRAGON?” I screamed.
    My mom nodded, but she looked kind of angry. “Yes. Get your things.” Then she turned to my dad. “They said nothing in the note about transport by dragon! What are they thinking? HOW IS THIS SAFE.” ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Alexus Donnelly (United States) published:

Untold Secrets : Chapter 1

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Something has been bugging me, it was just a feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't figure out what was going on. As I lay in my bed, I ponder what could be bothering me. I think about all the events of the day to see if that has something to do with it. Nothing happened for me to be feeling like this. I try to sleep but can't; there's an eerie feeling hanging over...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6
2

bambiamby (Australia) published:

One more reason

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

NOAH
Lying there. On the mountain of quilts waiting to draw away the cold biting my skin. Alone. I crawl on top of the bed frame, looking out the window, fighting off the goose bumps clinging against my bare skin. The moon is a blurry mist of light shining through the clouds, revealing only the shadows of the things that creep after curfew.
    I look out to the stars beyond, brightly beaming back at me. I look out to the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
2

Sleeky (Australia) published:

Loving Madeline

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Graham met her on a Monday, a warm summer’s day, as she was sitting alone at a park bench, dejectedly throwing crumbs at passing ducks. Being the person he was, he felt an obligation, a moral one, to inform her that bread was in fact unhealthy for the ducks, and could not simply pass by knowing that he was allowing the ducks to suffer.

“That’s not good for them, y’know,” he announced. “Makes their stomach bloat, or some such.”

She...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

memorabilia (United States) published:

The Storyteller

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

My grandmother lay in her bed, frail but quite alert. Every night since I'd come to live with her, she'd told me a story. Even now, about to move out, I still looked forward to them. Each one held something that hit you in the heart, or taught you a lesson. Yes, Granny's stories came with gifts. 

I sat down next to her, ready for the night's story. The very last one I would get to hear before leaving for...

3
1

Flowerful (United States) published:

An Abandoned Lake

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The lake is completely frozen over tonight for the peak of winter. There are only a few muddled puddles surrounding it’s edge, some of them spilling over to water the surrounding trees. I laid my black boots and marine blue coat aside when I arrived, despite the temperature, because the cold seems to add more to this experience. I stand before the lake barefoot and in lace sleeves, daring to press my weight onto the ice.
    Surprisingly, it holds....

Seeking Peer Reviews

memorabilia (United States) published:

The Storyteller

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

1

GiadaP_the_saucy.qween (United States) published:

The dust in my eyes

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"There have been many sudden deaths these last few days so we warn you to stay inside and stay safe." The announcer said.
I heard these last few words they saidsay before turning off the TV. “I wonder what could have caused this many deaths in a span of a few short days.” I thought to myself.
I look out my window in horror as I see more people drop dead like flies. Paramedics show up in a few minutes....

2

Shyla Dala (United States) published:

​Bruised and Abused

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

By: Shyla D.
       It was a sunny day at Wallaway Fair. Fair day where we meet farm animals.
    Now I was excited and knew I wouldn’t be guilty because I am a vegetarian. It was a long two hours before I got there, but I arrived. The animals were so adorable and some were very happy. But one animal in particular caught my eye. A goat sitting in a corner facing a door inside his hut. It was closed so...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Olive Von der kret (United States) published:

A normal day

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

I’ll see you in the sun
(writers note)
This is all in my characters (soya) head unless if they're all speaking 
I like it when I can walk to school with my friends-well, friend. I can’t wait for summer though, I get to hang with Miki and Jason, maybe even one of my friends out of school, but we still have like three and a half weeks to finish  
“crap!” ya that’s me, soya, 6ft 3, 180 pounds, going...

Seeking Peer Reviews

David Aragon (United States) published:

The Miner's Curse

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Christmas Steve’s Perspective

The Sun Arose to California Drive, Steve awakened to it and realize it's Christmas, Finally! Steve ran down to his presents but was greeted by his foster parents, “You can’t open your Presents until dinner.” they said.
“Ok.” Steve sighed. 
    Once Dinner got ready, Steve came down from his room and ate fast. 
Once he was done eating he rushed to his presents and open them, to his surprise he saw “Box” written on one of...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Tashi Delgado (United States) published:

Running Immigration Story

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Florenio woke up to see the twinkling stars above him. He looked to his side to see his wife and son laying there. He quietly got out of the car to cool off and get a deep breath of air. 
“Is it really going to work out? Am I going to start a family in Wyoming?” He thought to himself, remembering that wish he had on his last birthday, the wish to move away and be more free than...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Alexa Arnada (United States) published:

The BALI

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Almost everyday Dulce and one of her co-workers from Border Angels would have to go to super far deserts and canyons  in over 100 degree weather. Border Angels is an organization that has a campaign called the water drop foundation. They have a lot of people that are going out to deserts and that go out and set out things for survival. They set out food for people that are trying to cross with families so they don’t starve. Their...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Chapter Leader Robinson (United States) published:

The boy who saved the school

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Rinnnggg! was the sound that woke John, only to see a beautiful San Diego sunrise,it looked like someone through orange and grape juice in the sky, with a tad bit of  pink lemonade.    
        “Hurry up John you don’t want to be late on the first day.” called his mom from down stairs. 
        “I’m coming mom.” called John. A few moments later John came down wearing a plaid vest he just ironed. “I’m ready mom.” said John “Ok...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Katie Stedeford (Zimbabwe) published:

Why I am the way I am

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

I wasn't always like this i used to be a very nice guy, polite even, until August 29, 1987, when my dear old wife died , such sorrow that brought me. Then soon that sorrow turned to anger!  I lost control i was a mean old guy, at least that's what the people at this crummy old town say. No one understands the truth on why I act so mean, then again no one ever asks. I guess it is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

BrokenShips (India) published:

A Duet of Lies

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Suraj got a mouth full of dust the first time he woke up on the volcano.
Hazy memories began to come over to his broken mind and shattered soul. He lived in India, and stayed with his elderly mother and father. He wasn't married yet, and went to college to study medical science. He was thin and had brown eyes, which complemented his dark brown hair. He was short for his age, which was twenty one. 
He was well built,...

1

Jack Copeland (United States) published:

dog story non finished draft 3

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

A Dog’s Story
First draft
By: Jack Copeland
Chapter 1

I looked out to see smog, dirty water, and polluted air. That's when I knew I was going to escape to a better land. I could no longer accept the pollution that humans were creating. I decided to clear my head and try to come up with a plan to make the earth cleaner. As I was walking down the street I smelled Cheese….. no meat, no tomatoes,  yuck onions,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Brewberry (United States) published:

An Untold War (Excerpt)

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Kip sat with Aer on a set of stone steps in a quiet part of town, eating ice cream. Aer had spent the day flashing him from place to place. She had shown him all of her favorite places around Kintata while telling him all about the castle and how it works. He had also learned a lot of little things about her today to. Like how observant she always is and how she always checks a place out before...

Seeking Peer Reviews

thelumosduck (United States) published:

Blood of Cow EXCERPT

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The skies were dark save for the twinkling lights of some distant floating city. The village Alexandria was dark as well, the houses shadowy silhouettes on an earthen field. The fires had long since burned out — the only remains smoldering embers; a faint warmth radiating from the center of the square.
             All was silent; all was still — but for one small house just outside Alexandria’s walls.
             Here alone, a small pot boiled...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

Lottifus (United Kingdom) published:

We Got Bored (Extract)

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

‘Stefan.’

Lory didn’t even ask for him as a question. She said his name, calmly and bluntly, with the distinct undertone that she wouldn’t be calm for long. He just sat there. Of course he did. He always just sat there.

‘What?’ he said, and for him it was a question, bleeding into the space between them to colour it with a dark and sickly smell. Lory breathed in and glared at the bottle in his hand; it was some...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Audra Martin (United States) published:

A Simple Melody

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Long ago, there were once two worlds that coexisted which each other. Bother were open to each other until the bridge between the two had been broken. On our side, we live a normal life in the light, while, on the other side, live a life in the dark. Both were complete opposites, which is why both had broken the bridge between their worlds. There is, however, one bridge the exists, which serves as a way to fulfill...