All writing published for Arctic Dreams

Published writing

1

Alexander Ethridge (United States) published:

Desert

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Landscape can develop imagination palpably, psychologically, and emotionally throw beauty, unsightliness, curiosity of what lays beyond, and many others. Surroundings can affect you in a physical manner as a result of the elements poignant to your actions; then physical may turn into an emotional or mental affect to then alter not only your actions but your feelings as well and mental/emotional state; how I would describe it is how you feel in different weathers rain could make...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sean Owens (United States) published:

three sentences

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Landscape shapes imagination because it allows people to imagine a house in a open field. It could be the woods and you could imagine snow there. Landscape allows someone do any of these things.

1

Medieval_Mage (United States) published:

Frosted Skies

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

The frosted skies gaze thoughtfully down on the snow capped mountains, their slopes leading to the lake's surface, etched with the lines of ice skates, flowing gracefully into spirals. People stop for a moment, if only for a glance at the serene landscape surrounding them, for a way to leave their busy lives for a single moment. The picturesque scene layed out as the mind's bridge between reality and imagination, the way to and from the mountains and the frosted...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Alcrump123 (United States) published:

Arctic Psalms

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

This landscape creates a dreamy, imaginative mindset. The way the snow has fallen perfectly on the mountaintops illustrates the perfect, wintery scene. The cabins create a cozy sort of feeling and make the reader feel comfortable, almost at home. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

aditi (United States) published:

I See

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

In the future, I see myself sitting in a small, cozy, fire-heated log cabin, sipping steamy hot chocolate and watching the rain come down like a waterfall of anger on the untouched landscape of Denali. In the future, I see myself in a creaky, time-beaten dingy, believing that the magnificent creatures who rule the seas with their soul-touching songs will never even attempt or think about knocking over the boat, even though they could with one flick of their tail....

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

Norah (United States) published:

the wind, of course

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Shauna finds Jake a five minute’s walk from the observatory, hunched around himself, staring down into their local (frozen) arctic lake. She can still see the bright orange and yellow of the observatory past the swirls of dusty snow. He left without a coat. She hurriedly starts trying to manipulate his arms into his jacket, which results in him snatching away his own arms and doing it himself. They stand there for a moment. Shauna is trying not to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ShrimpLizard (United States) published:

Earth's Creations

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Imagination is the one thing in the human psyche that lets us truly create and innovate. Earth builds monstrous valleys, freezes over mountaintops, and constructs new ecosystems from decomposing bodies all on its own. Our world around us holds all of the creative influence we could ever imagine, all we need to do is seek it out and learn to create how it does.

1
1

loquacious_lil (Canada) published:

A Dreamer is a Believer

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

I live in a world of my own creation, mountains made of words that can't quite reach the peak, canyons made of letters that tumble and flow with the river, and every crevice is unfinished.  When I dare to dream, and dare to think, I learn and I fill in this unfinished portrait of my mind, where grammar doesn't matter and there is no limit on how much you can write.  I imagine a sublimely disastrous world, and I believe...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Ricardo Rayas (United States) published:

Canvas

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Landscape shapes imagination in many ways. Its a blank canvas and you are the writer. It causes sparks of imagination and flames of creatitvity. 

RandomWriter3304 (United States) published:

Arctic Dreams

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Landscapes make us perceive the objects around us in dissimilar ways by the use of imagination and fascination. In the view of a small child, you could depict normal house hold items and furniture into a thrilling adventure of climbing the tallest mountain you could ever imagine. A frail yet robust aged women might visualize a genuine adventure that she remembers vividly, for example, skiing down treacherous mountain slopes or when at night she would watch the immaculate...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Aurora Borealis_03 (India) published:

Out of the window...

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Out of the window, I saw the clouds dip from the infinite, colossal sky and touch the mountain.
I saw them hug, the clouds wrapping the mountain with its feathery, fluffy arms.
At that moment, of the many wonders of the world and of nature, I felt that this was the epitome of true love.
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

erikawrites (United States) published:

What happened to the prairies?

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

The midwest is known for its ever abundant soybeans and corn fields, grown aggressively in perfect rows. Any vast, open area is instinctively dubbed "farmland" by a true Midwesterner. We have but one system to thank: capitalism.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Desert

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Landscape can develop imagination palpably, psychologically, and emotionally throw beauty, unsightliness, curiosity of what lays beyond, and many others. Surroundings can affect you in a physical manner as a result of the elements poignant to your actions; then physical may turn into an emotional or mental affect to then alter not only your actions but your feelings as well and mental/emotional state. The environment has the ability to change peoples perspective on life and it's meaning through...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Makoa Batongbacal (United States) published:

Underrated Treasure

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Hometown, defines people and sometimes leads to some of the greatest successors that are known but for me I lived in a town with the prettiest of sunsets, mountains, but not the city lights that give you the nostalgia. Not only, city lights but the well being of pointing on a map and knowing what that place may offer. Almost as if ghosted, but to me not having the lights, skyscrapers, and huge populations made me better and still does...

Seeking Peer Reviews

JJ Cruz (Guam) published:

Sense

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Home's existence is not explicit. These things in a landscape that we see, the sounds we hear, and the things we feel they are the reason for any innovation. For the human mind is unable to create, but the inspiration derived from sense births imagination which gives the world its many depths and colored hues.

Seeking Peer Reviews

kdxt4life (Australia) published:

Land shape

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

The landscape of my world is not the streets that I know and have grown with. It is the mazes and architectures, for which I discover on every new adventure. The new and old is what blends in the imagination to conjure a land that is extraordinary.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Kate Gardner (United States) published:

On place (I'm procrastinating on a sunday night)

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Only after I took up the habit of walks, often late, did winter start to wear at me. Now, the onset of outer grayness is like wind to a source of heat. There is the fire, and there is the open door, letting in the frost, wicking away warmth, smothering. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

thelumosduck (United States) published:

Birds, Trees, and Creeks

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Sometimes I wish I knew things that weren’t birds, trees, and creeks — just once, I’d like to hear the screech of brakes or see the skyscrapers shooting into the sky. I think this as I hoist my pack higher on my shoulder and go to set off, back to the trail, when a sudden flash catches my eye. Because there are the stars, and I wouldn’t give them up for anything.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Koon Wei Pheng (Singapore) published:

Skyscrapers

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

My imagination forms a skyline of skyscrapers: blocks of elegance glistening with their metallic resonance. Time and again I grow a new peak, taller than those before, peaks poking through the umbrella of clouds. Yet, the magic lies in the glass; that when the man walks past, these blocks they reflect his dreams. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

a_caulfield (Ireland) published:

Mountain Clouds

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Driving along a lonely country road, the looming mountain is an erupting volcano, clouds gathering above it. Standing atop the peak, above the clouds, the land beneath me is endless, a sea of green. Looking across the fields, the sun blazing beside the mountain and through the clouds, I wait for a dragon to erupt from behind it.

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

AJ - Izzy (Canada) published:

Pretty Faces of the Lake

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Single hand running through the glittering waves of our petite lake, the water shimmering in kaleidoscope colours that rip through the mirage of a glass pane reflecting a withering blue sky and an empty mind. 

Another hand dips into the cool icy emptiness, face glowing its reflection; the girls in the water tilt their heads at the peculiar staring at them, and they smile back. 

Reaching down, the sea fluttering colourless, transparent, ghostly, further and further it rises with the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Desert

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Landscape can develop imagination palpably, psychologically, and emotionally throw beauty, unsightliness, curiosity of what lays beyond, and many others. Surroundings can affect you in a physical manner as a result of the elements poignant to your actions; then physical may turn into an emotional or mental affect to then alter not only your actions but your feelings as well and mental/emotional state. The environment has the ability to change peoples perspective on life and it's meaning through peacefulness or destructiveness;...

Seeking Peer Reviews

lucyturner13 (United States) published:

Mountains

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Mountains. They're a beautiful thing, and sometimes people might think very highly of them. Someone might think of mountains as tall mean looking rocks that think they can rule the world. But others can only see mountains as a part of nature's beauty.

1

Anastasia_A (Canada) published:

Peculiar Little World

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Her mind raced as she looked at the azure sky weighing down on the colossal mountains.
    "I feel like I'm trapped in a constant state of curiosity and immature confusion; it feels as if I'm locked in my own peculiar little world," she sighed.
    He took her hand, smiling, "As long as we're locked in your peculiar little world together."

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

hi i'm jackson ;) (United States) published:

Landscape Shaping Me

PROMPT: Arctic Dreams

Stars shine down on you in inspiration, glowing up the sky with ideas
The trees encourage your growth, filling your mind with green shoots and petrichor
Words seep up from the earth, coursing through your roots, swimming before your eyes