All writing published for Food for the Soul

Published writing

1
9

luluwrites111 (United States of America)() published:

stress baking

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

Two and a quarter cups of flour and one teaspoon of baking soda poof into the air like a cloud, settling onto a fine layer of powder on my skin, my eyelashes, and my hair. Two eggs splinter and drop their golden white interior into my smaller bowl, pieces hanging onto the whole by a thin membrane. The vanilla follows, resting in circles among the yellow. I chop chocolate and sigh, as the subtle but powerful scent of cacao permeates...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5
8

BeTheChange18 (Japan)() published:

Recipe For A Balanced Life

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

Not too sweet, not too salty. This recipe is simple but requires individual backbreaking work but is worth it all in the end. 

Ingredients 
4 cups of respect 
2 cups of kindness 
2 cups of resilience 
1/3 cup of passion 
1 cup of confidence 
1/4 cup of sincerity 
1 tbsp of pride 

Equipment 
-Positivity 
-Sorrow 
-Physical Activity 
-Mental Stimulation 
-Social Interaction 
-Fulfillment 

Method 
1)Set oven to 180°C. Stir together the respect and kindness in a bowl until it resembles crumbs.  
2)Using these...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
4

Cece@JustCierra (United States of America)() published:

Just Pasta is not Just Pasta

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

One Serving:

-Handful of spaghetti (or fill a bowl with smaller types of pasta and use that amount)
-Plain tomato sauce
-meat (suggested: beef)
-onions, spices, (whatever you want, make your own! My own recipe isn't for the taking, sorry)

Boil water, put pasta in and boil till soft. Heat up sauce mixed with ingredients yada yada yada.. We have all heard this before, it isn't too difficult. Sorry, but I can't give you instructions on your own sauce. Just...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

parachutes_the_idiot (Canada)() published:

Skor

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Several pieces of matzah, broken

1 Take a medium-sized baking sheet, and grease it heavily with the coconut oil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

2 With a delicate touch, arrange the broken pieces of matzah on the sheet, making it so there are no gaps. 

3 In a medium saucepan, bring the...
Seeking Peer Reviews

7

thelumosduck (United States of America)() published:

Bubble Bread

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

Sugar, bread, and pecans all swirl together to create perhaps the most wonderful aroma that has ever graced the earth. I suck in a deep breath, relishing in the world’s best smell, as Mother scoops a generous pile of molasses sugar onto an already-full bowl and offers a spoon to me. 

“Just this one time,” she says, smiling, as I plunge it into the jar and withdraw a caramel-colored heap. It’s delicious, and I savor it as Mother continues to add...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Purple Kitty 2001 (Canada)() published:

The Power of Perogies

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

It's Tuesday. Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning, 8 o'clock. I tie my damp hair back into a ponytail, pull out an apron, and run over next door to the church.
It's Perogy Bee, or Perogy Making, Day.
Already, my siblings are there, some delivering the platsky (dough circles), while others are busy pinching. Most of the parishioners are here, too, and my dad is up there rolling the dough. I quickly join the pinchers.
Most of you are probably familiar with...

1
4

RockAnne (United States of America)() published:

Religious Aspects

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

Food is like god, only its tasty.

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
3

Julia ☆ミ (United States of America)() published:

The Taste of Summer

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

On a sunny day in July, I slipped on my flip-flops and opened my back door, startling the finches who had been feasting on the seed in the bird feeder. The little birds flitted away to the highest branches of the giant maple tree that towers over everything in my backyard. I smiled at a squirrel who watched me curiously, then walked to my brother's garden. 

This garden was special, because my brother had started it by himself. He planted,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
3

--RosieOnTheRun (from reality)-- (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

Lemon drizzle

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

Lemon drizzle cake. Lemon sponge soaked in lemon syrup. Coated with sugar and crystallised lemon. It haunted the tables of my childhood; the birthday parties, the family gatherings, lunch with the grandparents and dinner with the cousins.

My grandmother, 83, mind and body bent with age, can still remember the recipe if you prompt her. Now, with the help of Haley her cleaner, cooker and all time organiser, she heats the oven to 180C.

My brother, 18 ,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
6

Julius Caesar (United States of America)() published:

Butter Chicken

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

Ingredients:
-Chicken breast
-Oil
-Yogurt or heavy whipping cream
- diced Tomatoes
- diced Onions
-A wee bit o' flour with salt an' pepper to taste
-Shan Masala--> butter chicken style
      --OR--
-Laal mirch
-Paprika
-Haldi
-maybe some other stuff that I forgot because i'm typing this at school rn

Method:
1. Cut that chicken!!!!
2. Coat the chicken in flour!!!!!
3. FRY THAT CHICKEN!!!!!
4. TASTE THAT CHICKEN!!!!!
Now, put that aside
4. Heat...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

samurice (Australia)() published:

how to cook rice

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

+
1. put five cups of rice into a rice sifter
2. wash with water and change rice sifter three times
3.put washed rice into rice bowl and put rice bowl into rice cooker 
4.turn on cooker 
5. wait then serve 
6.lol trash guide

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

♛DaBolo♛ (United States of America)() published:

to cherish

PROMPT: Food for the Soul

spicy
      tasty
                                                          filled with a lot of sauce,
                        not a family recipe,
   but it will soon become a recipe to cherish,
forever.

cause my recipes are always like a brand new world inside your mouth.
Seeking Peer Reviews