All writing published for Flash Fiction Competition 2019. See Competition

Published writing

1

Kingsflame (Sweden) published:

Odyssey of the Windwalker

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Choosing between the two doors in front of him might be the hardest thing he had ever done. One door lead in to the home of the kindest woman he had ever met. He gazed in through the window and saw her sitting in front of the fireplace, and as if she sensed his presence she looked out towards him. Altough it was impossible for her to see him now, she nodded in answer to his unasked question. With one...

Seeking Peer Reviews

luluwrites111 (United States) published:

Connie

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

"Gia, you can't!" I hissed. Gia, looking like a mischievous fairy who had made off with the extra pixie dust, flashed me a smile through the leaves. But she hadn't gotten away with anything--yet. 

"Who says I can't!" She whispered playfully, taking pleasure from my strained-but-in-awe face. 

"I do!" I whispered back, almost pleadingly.

She giggled and then took off, leaving behind a faint vanilla-y scent, one that has always lingered in her wake. That was Gia. Always moving, even...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

LilyC (United States) published:

God in a Thunderstorm

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

never had lightning seemed so deafening. the boy trembled beneath the quilt, eyes squeezed shut. the memory of a man, holding him as thunder roared. “its god up there,” the man whispered, “moving furniture, checking lightbulbs.” the boy could almost believe in god when god was someone who had to check lightbulbs and rearrange furniture. now, only the boy, a memory, and the sound of god moving the furniture remained. but if god was close enough to be heard, couldn’t...

Seeking Peer Reviews

10
1

Christy Wisdom (United States) published:

K.I.A.

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Killed in action, they said. They murmured quiet condolences, but what I heard was a folded flag and a house that wouldn't feel like home anymore. 

In a coffin, he lay. I couldn't see him (didn't want to). Bullet holes in tattered clothing are too similar to broken heart-fragments. "Goodbye, my love," I whispered, and wept until the sky was painted scarlet with dawn. 

Action. "You need to move, clean, anything!" My mind said. But since they told me my...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

lilytw (United States) published:

Mitch and Clara

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Mitch supposes he likes Clara. He likes the way she wears pink on Valentine’s Day, green on Saint Patrick’s Day. He likes how her breath feels warm on the nape of his neck when she leans over her desk and asks him if he did last night’s Latin translations. Mitch sometimes considers asking Clara if she’d like to be the first wide-eyed, giggly sophomore to ride shotgun in his beat-up, second hand station wagon. But that’s just it though, even...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

lindz_the_nerd (United States) published:

The Whole Nine Yards

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

The devil was almost ready to raise Hell.
     He threw down his club and screamed, "I hate this game!"
     He snapped his fingers(very angrily might I add), and Asmodeus appeared.
     "Yes, my liege?" Asmodeus said, a slight hint of annoyance in his tone. 
     "I'm going to need a new putter, if you don't mind." After handing his caddy the broken golf club, Lucifer reached down and plucked his ball out of the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ruthh (United Kingdom) published:

Butterflies and Revolution

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I have sat on the brink with every revolution and pushed it over the edge. A nudge to send it soaring, and I have watched how they paint the world golden; a million brushstrokes to resurrect the decay into dance. Now: a wasteland; abandoned toys bloody on the streets, I see hunger and rising heat that throttles populations to conformity, I see lies and the pinched tongues of captivity. 
Once again, I sit on the brink. I steady my hands...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

The Campbell's Kid (United States) published:

To The Ones Who Daydream Of A Bright Future

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

When he held his children in his hand, they were warm against his peeling skin. He whispered a song etched on the sides of his heart, into their tiny ears. Soft and sweet. He watched their eyes close gently and felt their quiet snores as he rocked them back and forth in his arms. He dreamed of a bright future often. One where they could run away, where they wouldn’t have to hide anymore. One where they were free. He...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ricky (United States) published:

The Gambler and the Saint

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

The Gambler and the Saint

When David was a young boy, he lived in a box. He had no family, very little money, and 

very little education. Every Christmas Eve, he would use some of the money that the dirty child 

had saved throughout the year begging, to buy a piece of paper and a pencil. "Dear Santa, all I 

wish to know is if you're actually out there." He would send that letter down a river, hoping...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Cute Cute (India) published:

The hidden eye

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

When I was left all alone at home ,
I tried to utilize my clock,  That had already ran towards 12 am now ,
I made a video of mine !
Next day with a lot of proud I showed my video to my friends ahead ,,
I was thinking that may be they will get jealous, 
But as a matter of tension, 
They asked me 
HEY WHO IS  HIDDING BEHIND YOU ??
I said ,
I was all alone...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

The Shadow (Turkey) published:

Cola

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

There was a table on the balcony, a fly was flying around the table.
He saw a glass of cola.
He wondered, what was that?
He knew he should stay away, but he was too curious.
”What can possibly go wrong?”
He tasted the cola, he was captivated by the taste.
He wanted nobody to taste this delightful flavor except him.
He wanted to drink the whole cola.
But he was doubtful, what if this was a wicked thing?
”How...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

RedWriter (United States) published:

437 Dukes Boulevard

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

The porch lights were off that night, letting long shadows collect alongside the two-story. The neighborhood itself was asleep, it seemed, the curtains drawn in nearly every house. The woman, her breath shallow, huddled up under the porch roof, clutching something in her arms. The tears were slick under her eyes, and yet she didn't glance up towards the windows of 437 Dukes Boulevard, where he slept. She carefully sat down the basket, and for a second she faltered. But...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
1

liv.luv.act (United States) published:

Altered State

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I click “record” and speak into the phone. “Three days ago, men in suits took my father. I tried to look for him at his work. I had always thought he worked at a hospital, delivering babies. What a joke! He didn’t deliver babies, he createdthem. With a computer program. My society isn’t natural, and my father was one of its designers! I can’t help but think there’s more to the story, but I don’t know who...

Seeking Peer Reviews