All writing published for Flash Fiction Competition 2019. See Competition

Published writing

2

miajoyy (United States) published:

Fire Born

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

"Alexis, are you sure there isn't a light switch or something down here?" Jaxon complains for the hundredth time. I proceed to brush cobwebs from my face before answering.
   "This cave is like 200 years old. There isn't going to be any decent lighting in the place!" But the dark is getting to me too. When another creepy shadow passes over the walls, I grab Jaxon's hand. Now I'm grateful for the darkness, because Jaxon can't see...

Seeking Peer Reviews

35
3

Tushar Mandhan (India) published:

If Adam marries Steve

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

“If Adam marries Steve, then both of them will go to hell!” she told her 7-year old.
“But why?” he asked.
“Because it’s a sin!” she replied.
“But mommy, last week you told me God has made everyone as it is for a reason.” 
“Yes dear.”She replied.
“So, he made them so that he can punish them!” 
“No, for God, everyone is equal!” 
“But mommy............” 
“It’s time to sleep, dear!” she answered.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Ash Hayden (United States) published:

His Last Race

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Beads of sweat dripped down the jockey's face, as he stared, focused on the horses kicking up dirt on the track before him. His heart raced as he felt his horse's muscles tense, as they pounded the soft, red dirt. This was his last chance to leave a legacy, his mark on the racing world. He counted the strides to the finish. The horse's speed was unfaltering, even as they neared the finish line. He saw his horse's leg reaching...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Trees, man, trees (United States) published:

scree

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

nope
ew this is a cringe mess Jazzy would never do me wrong like this smh

2

fridavsolheim (Norway) published:

Small Iced Latte

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

A regular day. Customers walked in and out of the coffee-shop. I took orders, made drinks. One more drink and my shift would be over. I turned around, facing a new customer. There was a twinkle in her eye, it was beautiful. Red cheeks, from the cold, snowy outside. I smiled.

"Good afternoon, what can I get you?"
She looked at the menu.
"Could I have a small iced latte, please?"
I wrote her order on a cup. She was...

CierraIsJustAName (United States) published:

UNTITLED

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Familiar scent, in The white room, so bright and clean, every time the beeping plays. She wrote. Her longing was to write "The End" before Bedtime. White robe man watched, her breathing calming. Writing was her truce with the bean in her head.The autobiography, almost finished. The girl longed for it to be seen by all. But it needed a name.

The beeping grew. Or shortened. It was time. "Let go." Voices blurred, pain calming. Was it time? Maybe not....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

t@sneem (Australia) published:

Singing In Paris

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Paris, 1926. Such enchanted by dreams is this Paris that beneath the shadow of the universe, it glows a million and one lights. Within several cafés and nightclubs bejewelled with diamantes and feathers, ladies croon French jazz to giddy people sipping cocktails. Outside, the city glitters of gold and silver sequins washing away in a downpour. The wet streets are an array of kaleidoscopes, the people along the sidewalks dotted in a shimmer.  With their umbrellas up and open,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Aurora Borealis_03 (India) published:

Living but dead.

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

She looked at me in my eyes, hers brimming with tears. She didn't have to struggle to make me feel bad- I already felt my insides twisting and accusing me of betrayal. It was like my soul was sucked out of my body, my heart ceased to function and so did my brain and my lungs. Then, she said something I'd never forget...

"You don't have to die to be dead.", she said.

I felt the whole world around me...

Seeking Peer Reviews

UNTITLED

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

3

intoxicating starlight (United States) published:

Never Enough

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

“They ran off together.” My hands gripped the steering wheel as I glanced at her.
Windows down, the last breaths of summer danced in her hair.
“Imagine that,” she hummed.
“What?”
“Running away together,” she laughed, elbowing me. My breath hitched.
“Although, kinda unrealistic,” she turned to the sunset. “Shakespearean, even.”
I wondered if our closeness made only my cheeks flush. “Yeah,” I forcibly looked back to the highway. “Unrealistic.”
“Now, if I HAD to succumb to romantic fantasies,” she...

Seeking Peer Reviews

UNTITLED

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

Connor Lynn (United States) published:

The Man on the Hill

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

There was a man on a hill. Not just any hill, a magical hill, a hill with leprechauns, pots of gold, and unicorns. The man did not know about that stuff, he saw it as a ordinary hill. A normal hill with only dirt, grass, and animals. One day, the man dreamed that the hill he lived on had pink grass and leprechauns. He woke up in the middle of the night, ran out, and saw his dream. He danced...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

childwritter4002 (United States) published:

What did i do wrong

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

As I walked out of the classroom I wondered what I had done wrong. I don't understand. I did everything he said. This was what he wanted. Why did he end it? I walk through the halls and into the door of my next class; English. The teacher explains our assignment, but I don't hear it. All I'm thinking about is why. Why would he do this to me? What did I do wrong? We both were such great friends...

Seeking Peer Reviews

TypicalAlex (United States) published:

Love at First Skate

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Alois lay on the ice, arms outstretched. Realizing he had just fallen, from attempting an axel jump, he felt like a fool. His eyes were closed, and his back was aching. He slowly opened his eyes to see a man standing above him, the man’s arm reaching out to help him. “Are you okay?” he asked, helping Alois up. Alois nodded. “My name is Kai. Do you mind teaching me that move you did? The axel jump?” Alois nodded as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Charles Serra (United States) published:

Chiraq

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

There was a boy,His Name was Jamal. He was very talented and good at basketball. He received scholarships from big schools. Jamal started hanging out with bad people doing bad stuff. One night Jamal was at a party and he was intoxicated, He walked outside and thought he heard fireworks. He looked down at his chest and there was blood coming out. Jamal was rushed to the hospital and was shot in a Artery. Jamal died later that night. Jamal's...

Joseph Barajas (United States) published:

The Plane Crash

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Chuck was holding on to dear life as he had his oxygen mask on and was bracing for impact. It was all a blur for Chuck, he just woke up in the end of the plane and saw a bunch of lying bodies. He climbed off the plane and was met with tons of opened luggage and plane parts. All of sudden Chuck sees about ten tribe members running at him with spears and suddenly Chuck wakes from his bad dream and to his...

DogsandDolphins2 (Australia) published:

If only we saw

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I always thought "Why am I in this world. Surely it is better elsewhere?" I always thought Earth was a waste of time, sometimes I still do!
When I dive into water I think "So this is what it is like to float."
 The Earth spins around and enveloped me. I wake as If asleep for minutes but look older. Months passed they thought my time had come. I had almost drowned that day. All thoughts of after thought that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

John Roberts (United States) published:

Final Breath

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Bullets are flying by you as you rush across "No Man's Land", every bullet that misses you hits another soldier. As you continue running, you suddenly collapse; there is a shot of pain that goes up your leg, you realize you've been shot and you know no one's coming to save you. As time passes and you feel yourself slowly start to get more and more disoriented from blood loss. Every memory all of a sudden comes back to you,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

KiwiCat ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (Australia) published:

MiddleSchool

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Like everyone else, I was just a human with a humongous stack of un-needed books and useless information that was being stuffed into our brains. Was this all really necessary? It's not like what you learn in grade 8 will be needed that much in grade 9. Most of it is all just revision anyway, middle school is like an embarrassing, yet fun building where parents just drop their kids of to be looked after by strangers that teach them...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5
1

Sophia_1104 (Australia) published:

Glory to Grief

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I venture through the valleys and creeks,
and I climb up to the mountain peaks,
I look the creature in the eye,
Its wings spread out, its head held high,
I draw then drive my sword and say,
Hey dragon, won’t you come my way,
Its feisty mouth starts to fill with fire,
A glorious fight is my great desire,
It swoops and dives it wants to destroy,
As I leap and spear my sword in joy,
I feel a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Seha2634 (Singapore) published:

The Mikrokosmos

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

Our eyes met for a fleeting moment.

But that moment felt like everything. As if time had stopped. She couldn't hear the sound of the birds anymore. Even the loud honking of the cars was muffled under the sight of the male that was across the street, staring back at her. 

Then he looked away; his glassy viridescent eyes cutting off the tight string of attachment they felt for a moment. 

She felt a rush of emotions as she saw...

5

LOLZZ (Australia) published:

Ala da Pinappleo

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I am a pineapple. I don't like pineapple, yet I am a pineapple. I was born as a pineapple. When my mother (a grapefruit) and my father (a carrot) were in the hospital expecting a beautiful grapecarrot or perhaps a carrotfruit, they were shocked when a small peculiar-looking pineapple popped out. My mother screamed before the sight of me, a monstrosity to the fruit world. My mother died that day leaving my father depressed and shriveled. My father sometimes blamed...

2

Only a Beech Tree (Canada) published:

Hands

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I wanted hands. Good hands. Useful hands.

“Thank you.”
Ten metal fingers. Shoulders, elbows, wrists.
“What do I owe you?”
“Follow me.”
I did what he asked. I built things. He took them to a room I wasn’t to enter.
Curiosity grew. He was out. I looked. He came in, saw me. Broke my hands. Threw me out. Bleeding, broken, alone.

I was nothing.

Someone came. Extended their hand.
“I can’t help you,” I said. 
They shook their head, smiled....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Up And Coming (United States) published:

The Simple Story of a Complicated Man

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

George is a very complicated man. He’d love to show his projects to his friends, but when asked, he'd shrug, act embarrassed, and belittle his work in order to lower their expectations and keep from having to display anything. He'd plan an encounter with someone in his head, but when faced with that person, he'd ruin any relationship they might have had through the blunt force of his sheer awkwardness. George's life is just rife with similar contradictions and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

7

Maysie Daysie (United States) published:

Dragon for Hire

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2019

I stare at the dragon on the doorstep. Smoke curls from its nostrils as its enormous red body fills my porch.
    “Good afternoon.” It’s voice booms. I try not to stumble backward.
    “S-sorry.” The dragon stammers, claws shaking. “I’m here for the job opening? I can kidnap princesses, fly, and have my own tower-”
    “I’m stopping you there.” I interrupt. The dragon looks distraught.
    “You’re at wrong house. It’s over there.” I point to the house across the street. “Just...
Seeking Peer Reviews