All writing published for Fantasy Writing Competition 2019. See Competition

Published writing

Logo

CoolHappy (United States) published:

Freed Ivan : Life in the Zoo

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition 2019

This is a fan-fiction book made as to the next book of "The One and Only Ivan." Enjoy!!! :)

zoo
The room in my exhibit isn't that small; it's just the perfect amount of space. It's jungle-like, and most importantly, it contains this one tree where I could climb up and look over the whole zoo. Near the center of the zoo, I can watch Ruby and her elephant friends splashing around the muddy water and spraying each other with...

Logo

CoolHappy (United States) published:

Freed Ivan : Life in the Zoo

zoo

F3c104f0 bfe3 4072 aeee 71d94d30498f

thelumosduck (United States) published:

The Glowing River

The hull cut through the glowing blue water with barely a ripple, sending a cascade of sparks flying into the air. Asa flinched away from them as they floated back down to the water, missing the wood of the boat by mere inches. With a shudder, she pulled the oars faster, determination beading her brow as they sliced through the water. Already they were streaked with black, and it was only a matter of time before they would be useless. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Annabeth chase viria
1
1

K. Marie Christen (Latvia) published:

One of Many

Sometimes, people say that thee is only one dimension to our Earth. But that couldn't be true. If so, how could I spend my time sinking through doorways, looking for something that some say isn't there? And what even is not there? Is it not there when you can't see it? Or when you can't smell it? Is it not there when you don't believe it's there? Yes, that it. It's only there when you want it to. Like...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

LarryMatoyo (Tanzania, United Republic of) published:

Blue buses

Days and nights passed by
Each no different than the previous one
Her blue eyes gazed by
The lone dusty window in her room.

She always rose earlier than the sun
And slept later than everyone
Simply to stare and wonder
At the blue buses that drove by.

Left and right every fleeting moment
The blue buses sped by without a care
She casually thought about the people
That boarded and dropped off.

Fat and thin, short and tall
The...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dylan o'brien stiles at school teen wolf season 6 episode 1 memory lost

LonelyWolfKing (United States) published:

Guarded By Nature

Here we go again, he thought as he walked to the walls surrounding their quaint city. The forest beyond their quaint city which is thousands of acres, surrounded the entire city except where the opening for the door was. When he got there the guards greeted him, and he greeted them back. As they opened the doors for the guards on the outer wall to bring in the new kids and the supplies, he sighed. Watching as two black...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

ML2032019 HA YUJIAN (Singapore) published:

The only glance I had at the father I never knew

Have you ever thought, in your wildest imagination, that time travel could be a reality? Jumping back and forth between different ages, travelling to any time in history you desire? Ever thought of going back to prehistoric times to hunt with the first humans and roam with the dinosaurs? Going so far back to the beginning of time? Or even to the unforeseeable future, to get an insight to humanities future and beyond?

I think not.    

You may...

26f80c701b75c2273106e79cb70303a1
1

ajamwal (United States) published:

Incognito: Revised Version PLEASE REVIEW

Sometimes she had dreams of this, they were always talking about her, yet they have not even appeared in her life even once, she thought it was because of the profuse amount of Kaleb’s books she read. Morgan did not mind, but she was, what she called herself, “the most boring girl in the world.” Sometimes she classified herself as “invisible.” 

One day at the school at her orphanage, Greybird Middle, where she was a seventh grader, she got...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4b3dd2ee 8df2 4a5f 86fc 938839212316
1
1

PureHeart (United Kingdom) published:

Hollow

Abundantly, the rain fell down, an unfortunate cascade of indigo droplets. The Fairies and winged Elves shrunk and hid under giant leaves, or beneath the flower beds. Damaging their wings was the last thing they wanted. The raindrops reflected the evening sky; the sun had set, leaving an eerie, purple glow curling through the clouds. It was unusual for it to be raining at this hour. Perhaps the Gods were crying again, Lottie hummed to herself at the thought. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

26f80c701b75c2273106e79cb70303a1

ajamwal (United States) published:

One day at the school at her orphanage, Greybird Middle, where she was a seventh grader, she got her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

neha.lakka (United States) published:

Calypso

Calypso gasped, her head pounding with visions of gods and titans laying half-dead on the battlefield, ichor spilling from their wounds and soaking the soil as malicious descendants of Chaos spread darkness and beasts across the battlefield. She sat up, tossing the covers off as she tried to calm her racing heartbeat. Her uneven breaths filled the room as she crossed the floor, opening a small, coppery chest sitting atop her dresser. She pulled out a necklace, sunlight...

Seeking Peer Reviews

26f80c701b75c2273106e79cb70303a1

ajamwal (United States) published:

Default avatar user icon

MN1032019 AIDEN LAU KEI HUNG (Singapore) published:

Jason and the village

Once upon a time, Jason lived in a small village, hardly known to the outside world. One fine day, a captain came asking for a warrior who could help him fight his battles alongside him. He recognised Jason’s incredible talent at using a bow and arrow, almost hitting every single target all the time. “ Hey son, you want to join my “army” with other rangers who I had just recently recruited?” the captain asked. Jason didn’t want to leave...

26f80c701b75c2273106e79cb70303a1

ajamwal (United States) published:

Seeking Peer Reviews

26f80c701b75c2273106e79cb70303a1
2

ajamwal (United States) published:

Seeking Peer Reviews

20170523 204709370 ios

spoons (United States) published:

Siren.

His long, sinuous tail waved in the icy water, propelling him farther into the frothy depths of the ocean. It shimmered in the reflection of the northern sun, the light blues and reds dancing in the pellucid ocean like the Aurora Borealis, spraying sea-spit behind him with every massive splash. The vivid colors faded from a deep glossy vermillion at his human torso to an intense velvety purple, which shined like newly woven silk in the spring festival...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20170523 204709370 ios
2

spoons (United States) published:

Siren.

His long, sinuous tail waved in the icy water, propelling him farther into the frothy depths of the ocean. It shimmered in the reflection of the northern sun, the light blues and reds dancing in the pellucid ocean like the Aurora Borealis, spraying sea-spit behind him with every massive splash. The vivid colors faded from a deep glossy vermillion at his human torso to an intense velvety purple, which shined like a silken cloth tied around a gypsies...

Seeking Peer Reviews

26f80c701b75c2273106e79cb70303a1
1

ajamwal (United States) published:

Sometimes she had dreams of this,  they were always talking about her, yet they have not even appeared in her life even once, she thought it was because of the profuse amount of Kaleb’s books she read. Morgan did not mind, but she was, what she called herself, “the most boring girl in the world.” Sometimes she classified herself as “invisible.” 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dream

Vin (United States) published:

One Boot After the Other

Blood and sweat trickle down the back of Seven’s neck, mingling together to soak into their tattered camo fatigues. The backpack’s straps dig into their shoulders, and they walk with their body angled forward against the weight; head down, shoulders hunched. One boot in front of the other, stirring the dry red dust.
    They emerged from the sewer system about six miles back, at a guess. It might have been safer to stay in the twisting confines of the earth’s...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 3162
4

Ashlin Baker (United States) published:

Vennesia's Struggle (Chapter 1)

Vennesia's Struggle

​The grumbling of my families stomachs keeps me up late into the night. It terrifies me how this nightmare becomes reality every day that carries into the night. A sharp curl of hunger stabs me painfully in the stomach for the eighth time tonight. Poverty has been infecting our country, Vennesia, for years and is becoming exponentially worse. Children aren’t even making it to their third birthday because of the starvation spreading across town. Luckily, my brother and...

Fg
2
1

L.B. Stoltz (United States) published:

The Huntress

The moons of Asing gleamed in the dark night, the woods of my village seemed scary and evil….to some. I found the forest relaxing and beautiful, the moon lit up the whole forest and it was the only place you could go where there were no social classes and there was no war. Nobody found the forest charming, I guess that might’ve been why no one found me charming or even friendly.
       I ran away when I was about 18,...

Default avatar user icon
1

Tiger_Eye7429 (United States) published:

True Names

Normally. That was the exact word that had described everything until this point. But as he was rounding the corner of an alley with his friend, Daydream felt something… off.
“Hold on Elyin,”
“Where are you going?” Elyin asked. Daydream paced around. “Hello? Earth to Jir?” Ah, right, Jir was his name currently.
“Don’t worry, this won’t take long...” Any anomaly must be eliminated,
A familiar voice spoke up from within the alley. “I think not”
“Raven? How did you...

Default avatar user icon
2

50shadesofanxiety (United States) published:

Dr. Hairball and the fatalities

The Long-haired Cat stepped up to the microphone 
“Hello, everyone” the cat stared at the crowd of his fellow species, “I’m Dr. Hairball, I’ll be your leader today and the following week”. 

Dr. Hairball looked down at his paws, “I’m upset to announce that the old professor who was supposed to be here, was sadly hit by a car. Poor fluffy, bless his heart”

Hairball’s attitude changed quickly, “that’s why, we will get revenge”.

The crowd gasped. What could he...

Newlyralynnelogo
4

LyraLynne (United States) published:

Ashes, Dust, and Blood

The first unusual thing Lana noticed was the dream itself. Not only was it an extraordinarily ordinary dream, but something about it just didn’t seem right. Normally, her dreams were too absurd to possibly be as real as this one seemed to be. 
    She was on the sidewalk of her boring suburban town, surrounded by cookie cutter houses, chatting with her usual friends. The sun was out, and scorching in the cloudless sky. In fact, the more she paid attention...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dream
3
1

Vin (United States) published:

One Boot After the Other

Seeking Peer Reviews