All writing published for Fantasy Writing Competition. See Competition

Published writing

Default avatar user icon

mcooper (United States) published:

The Web Along The Ground

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Imagine a world, where humans are not superior. But the nature it's self is the ruler of the ground. From the blade of grass in California, to the dry ground in Main. Where the flowers are homes to the little people, and the bees are the soldiers of the kingdom. Where spiders are the villains attempting to take over Monistria from the praying mantis queen. Where ants are loyal workers to the grounds, and anything outside of this land poses a threat....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

emmiewatson (United States) published:

the mermaids

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

narrator: the two mermaids left are Brynn and Lilliana they are sisters 
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 8 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Lee SooYoung (Singapore) published:

Guardians

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

It was a bright, cold day in April and the clock was striking twelve. Jason Smith was sleeping in his bed comfortably as usual. Suddenly, the window in his room started to bang noisily. Jason jerked awake. When the banging stopped, he slowly approached to the window and opened it.
              “Swoosh!” With this windy sound, there was a flash and two men appeared in front of him. One of the man was really tall and looked cold but the...

about 9 hours ago

6958030 moon crow
1

turnerharry19 (Australia) published:

Requiem of the War

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The end of an era. 
That’s what this was. An opportunity for greatness, redemption for the sins of his past life. He was going to complete this one mission and then leave. He couldn’t go home, but the world was at his fingertips, simply begging to be reclaimed. All previous attempts Corvus made to leave were met with the same rhetoric and failure. 
“I would like to be reassigned” 
“That’s interesting; I didn’t know the war had ended” 
“It didn’t”  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

600d2cdc da77 4bfe 8ab4 a4914bb876f7
2

Sofia Miller (United States) published:

Persephone's Send Off

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Acantha, the old bat, was the first to go. The permanently pursed lips finally relented, curled into something of a quivering smile. The sagging ankles rocked back and forth in a child's game, bare feet peeking out of the plush silver bathrobe. Her toes, polished as a moonstone, remained naturally colored. No trace of the world's imprint on the body allowed. 
    She walked to the river's edge and slipped off the robe. This was always the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 16 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

june0624 (Korea, Republic of) published:

EXPEDIRE.

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The ONE.

Legends had long whispered the tale of the ONE who lived on the island, the one who sought to claim the world. Born with the emerald stone, he absorbed the name of each and every man with its light, consuming the core of their souls. No one who had their names taken could deny their fate and loyalty to his land.

He claimed their identities, tying them down as slaves to his world.
It was where...

about 16 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Kaitlyn Reese (United States) published:

A Nation Called Imagi

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

I found it odd that I could see reach into pictures. That I could feel the flowers encapsulated in a pixelated photo. Or rub my nose against the bark of a tree just by looking at it. While reaching my hand into the sky, I felt the silk green strands catch my fingernails in its sinewy grip. My history teacher, Ms. Carter was too preoccupied with lecturing us to reprimand me for my odd behavior. I felt no shame in...

about 17 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

ReadtoWrite (United States) published:

Just Like Animals

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The sounds in the room were deafening--the beat pounding, the laughter bouncing, the voices whispering. Lulu internalized the noise--it's visceral and primal sounds striking chords deep within her. She didn't dance, instead, she watched, her face blank. She was searching for someone, for something, for anything to convince her that this town and it's people were normal--something that she could understand. Across the room, she could clearly see Lauren dancing, surrounded by eager, thirsty cheerleaders. 

Lauren's movements were unusually elegant,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 18 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

thechosenonemico (Philippines) published:

The Ghost-like Assassin

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Talas seemed like a ghost against the sunlight, her Lowlier features bolstered in a pale, ghastly glow as she went into the forest, swiftly dashing along a field of rubbles. She knew very well how much luck favors deception, but she never liked to be subtle with her looks. Her shaved head, ink-marked skin, and gaunt figure were as much a badge of honor as a target mark to her back, but she preferred not to care. She never needed...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 18 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Gaytri Riya Vasal (United States) published:

Magical Potion

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

“This is your problem, Maria. You never feel you belong anywhere! Always doubting your own actions and what others do for you… This type of attitude, this personality never ran in our family! No wonder you’re adopted. I – "

And mom stopped… For she realized what she just babbled. I felt a teardrop trickle down my face, and it seemed as if this world I had touched, smelled, breathed for 18 years was demolishing unremittingly. Someone had taken a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 18 hours ago

Star hair
3

aarnab (United States) published:

As The Stars Will It

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Once every millennium a girl is chosen. At midnight on the eve of the thousandth year, the girl will be branded with a star on her wrist, right upon the sacred vein that will run fresh with the girl's power. As the story goes, rain will shatter through the peaceful quiet of this hidden town, and then at night, the girl will be chosen by the universe. The people of this hidden town forget nothing and as such, the fateful...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 18 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

RJfec (United States) published:

The Feral Fear

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

You are walking along a path battered by the endless assault of nature, deep in thought, when suddenly, someone grabs you and starts to drag you off towards the forest. He succeeds in getting you into a nearby cave that had at first gone unnoticed, and to your surprise, it’s well lit, large, well decorated and seems like a nicer home than most you have seen.
You’re released by the attacker, who tells you,  “I’m very sorry about that, I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 19 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
2

William Scott (United States) published:

Moonlight

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The moon has not always been such an arrogant thing. In the days when the sun ruled the heavens, the great pockmarked moon refreshed a sky tired from bright yellows and explosive oranges, giving it instead a soft white glow. It fed contentedly off the energy of the sun, and reflected it back placidly down to Earth. Indeed, the moon was good.
         But throughout the centuries, time began to whittle its change into the moon. The soft white glow passed...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 19 hours ago

Happy

AudienceOfOne (United States) published:

Hidden in the Shadows

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

When the sun sets, and the stars pop like fireflies. When the wolf howls, and crickets chirp. When lights flicker off, and children close their eyes. That is when we come alive. 
    We trample through the dark forests of the great unknown. We dance to the drumbeat of the croaking frogs. But when the sun rises in the early morn, we are stolen, back into the slivers of time we have to call home, where we...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 19 hours ago

Images

Smol_Phoenix (United States) published:

Meridian

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The deep wind howled, in or out, I couldn't tell. Did it matter though? I didn't think so. There are two storms, one attacking the West Coast of Meridian, one attacking the inside.
    The inside being me.
    The hound, I like to call it. It tears me apart with its sharp claws and trashes me every day.
    Storm Hound.
    So when I saw him, I knew exactly what I was going to name him. His jet black eyes matched my...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 19 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Elizabeth Bowling (United States) published:

Immortal Love

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Annamaylin and Jaen strolled into the village hand in hand, greeted by some laughing children chasing each other around in a some sort of game. “Come on, try and catch me --” the oldest called to the younger children, stopping when she saw Annamaylin. The others plowed into her and fell, but she didn’t notice. She was too busy staring at Annamaylin, who stared back, quickly kneeling to look her in the eye.
                “Is something wrong?” she asked.
               ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 19 hours ago

Red

YingHuaCake (United States) published:

Thaddeus and His Fairy Tale-like Encounter

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Thaddeus was hiking through uncharted territory, having gotten lost from his friends after slipping down a slope by accident. Thankfully, he wasn’t badly injured, but it would be a problem if he couldn’t regroup or get some help escaping this place. Thaddeus continued to wander stumbling across a castle that had been built into a cliff. It was something out of a fairy tale, its beauty undefinable. The gorgeous alabaster walls and ebony roof, its lovely windows, everything about it...

about 20 hours ago

Logomakr 1w4pgb

LyraLynne (United States) published:

Ashes, Dust, and Blood

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The first unusual thing Lana noticed was the dream itself. Not only was it an extraordinarily ordinary dream, but something about it just didn’t seem right. Normally, her dreams were too absurd to possibly be real. 
    She was on the sidewalk of her boring suburban town, surrounded by cookie cutter houses, chatting with her usual friends. The sun was out, and scorching in the cloudless sky. In fact, the more she paid attention to it, the hotter it got. A...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 20 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Aspire_567 (United States) published:

The Forsaken Clan

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The scorching sun shone down harshly as we sullenly trudged past the dense forests. The taste of grime was revolting on my tongue—possibly killing off my taste buds—but there was no said time to waste. We made our way with our bare feet marking our trail in the dirt and our weakening hands hauling heavy ­bestowals.

The hardened mud-like substance that coated the rim of my eyes began to crack and a slow smile began to spread...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 20 hours ago

Writing photo
2

kira.prism (United States) published:

Words They Claimed

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

They called her a witch.
    It was mixed with the other insults passersby threw at her. But when the word witch landed on the sidewalk, she snatched it up like a fallen coin, tucked its metallic shimmer into her pocket to save for later. It was sharp, but lovely in a way. She decided to make it her own.
    If anyone asked her name, she would have told them Bird. She would have clarified that she was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 20 hours ago

Meneame media link 34136

A Breath Into Silence (United States) published:

Fynn and Loki

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Fynn wasn't expecting a strange boy to suddenly appear in her room. Then again, she wasn't expecting much of anything to happen at all. It had been one of those summer days where absolutely nothing interesting had happened at all, and where there was no sign of anything interesting happening anytime soon. The temperature had remained at a scorching 83 degrees all day, with no clouds or breeze. The sky had remained the same pastel-blue since sunrise.

Fynn hated those...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 21 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
2

znoorsh (United States) published:

What’s Wrong With Darkness?

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Ravi looked so much like a kicked Banjara hound that I had a hard time taking him seriously sometimes. But today there was something pleading in his eyes.
    “You can’t deny that she’s changed, Rashmi. Everyone can see it. She’s darker, evil. She can’t be killed. She doesn’t bleed. She’s a monster. This,” he pressed a vial into my hand, “is the cure.”
    I knew in my heart that what he was saying was true. I’d been...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 21 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

AndrBob (United States) published:

Tanya's Coffee

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

“It’s all in the execution of the spell,” Tanya tells me. Her fingers hover above a cup of coffee. As she shows me the spell, her fingers gracefully dancing above it. Then, a tiny cloud of what looked kind of like glitter erupts from the beverage and spills onto her hand. It evaporates after a few seconds.
    “So let me get this straight,” I say, “you’ve been using magic to make your coffees for 5 years now?”
   ...

about 21 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Ruby101 (United States) published:

Psychomort

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

I was absolutely out of my mind.  The skin lying around my brain was pulsing with needles and scratches, left by some invisible force which thrived on my thirst and hunger.  I was absolutely mad.  Burning with a numbing like my brain was exposed to ice, boiling like icicles spreading inside a warm-blooded, living creature.  Hear that screaming in the distance.  Was it human?  Was it animal?  I didn't care.  I loved it.  The madness, the fever, the insanity--I loved...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 21 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

AlexHuang (United States) published:

Never Been Better

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Dying was not how Clover saw her day beginning.

It had all started as normal day did, greeted by the swollen Nebraska sun, which beat down on her as she walked to school. She made her way down a dusty road, which was curtained on both sides by seemingly endless fields of wheat. The school was just two miles from Clover's farm, though the walk felt longer every day. It wasn't even close to midday, but the temperature was already...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 21 hours ago