All writing published for Five Beginnings

Published writing

Cool
3

Tyler Rose (Canada) published:

hooks

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

WITH A GENERALIZATION OR STATEMENT OF FACT 
SOME PEOPLE are just destined for a sad ending: nothing they can do about it really. They’re a victim of insufficient love, bottled up anger, or a handful of bad luck. Nova Grace was all these things when I met her; I just wasn’t able to piece it together at the time.

WITH A SPECIFIC MOMENT IN TIME 
FIVE DAYS into the summer of 1989,we decided to run away. Well, Elliot did...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Tumblr penk5ibiiq1wcookgo1 500
1

Made4Love (United States) published:

Pieces

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

1. What I wanted to do was cry; what I needed to do was smile, and the two threatened to tear me apart.

2. She could feel the weight of it boring down on her, chipping away at her resolve, slowly breaking her until she collapsed on the floor, and then she felt no more - emotions ceased to exist in her mind. Why her?

3. There's nothing to tell. At least, that's what I tried to tell myself. 

4. With her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dsc04727 %282%29
1

ollieollie (United States) published:

Child

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

WITH A CHARACTER DESCRIPTION
She was a mess. Her eyes, once so full of light, were now red and puffy, and blank. There had never been a human with such little emotion in their eyes.

Parents are not supposed to watch their children leave this world.

WITH A SPECIFIC MOMENT IN TIME
The room was cold and white, and a husband and wife crowded on either side of their child, the small...

Seeking Peer Reviews

E7e9a773 fddd 4bd8 bc37 7ea2c78871fd
6
1

Riley Noel (United States) published:

5 Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

I promised my mother I would write her story one day. And even if I have to carve it into the mountain cliffs, I will write it. 

The cell door opened with a loud clang. I sighed not bothering to sit up, "sorry boys my next beating session isn't until nine," I said pouring as much sarcasm as I could into my words, "you'll have to come back later".

The girl was rather plain it seemed. She was average height...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eaccd622 66c5 48ab 878f 4aff3503487b
2

paperbird (United States) published:

Five Short Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

1. Her sanity was ripped out of her skull by a falling glass sphere.

2. I wish time were real.

3. “FUCK!” she shouted into oncoming traffic.

4.  I must have been born twice because I know there must have been a before.

5. He only had seizures when he smiled.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images
11
1

INVISIBL3 (United States) published:

Five Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

Sometimes I stop and look at myself, and I think about what I've done in life so far and how I'm going to accomplish anything with my life the way it is? And then I'll look around and laugh and what the hell? I don't care. I'm living 'in the moment' and at least if I die tomorrow, I won't regret anything.

I've never died before. Maybe this seems trivial or insignificant to you, but to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 20180603 110030
5

Anha (Australia) published:

Five Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

In that moment, there was only steel, sparks and sweat.

White smoke rose in drifting plumes, lazy and heavy from the round-bottomed flask pinched between the thumb and the forefinger of the boy with the bandaged arms.

As the world burned behind her, the girl in the dust-coloured robe stared at the water, her drab reflection backed by a sky of flames.

From the outsider's perspective, it would have seemed strange to see two teenagers accompanying a host of soldiers...

Seeking Peer Reviews

O7092792
1

Olivia C (United States) published:

New Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

She stared at her reflection in the glass case in front of her. “Case,” she thought, was not the right word for it. It was a cage. Locking the past and the peace that went with it inside.

It had to be now, right? With the rain coming down, soaking me, a dreary end to a dreary day. This was the perfect set up for my moment, the one I've been waiting three years for.

It’s hot outside. I mean...

Tumblr penk5ibiiq1wcookgo1 500
1

Made4Love (United States) published:

Pieces

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

4. With her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6fb62a25 c1df 48d0 bdd4 44562324cfeb
4

Won’tBeQuiet (Australia) published:

Love Like Ours

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

1. I stand among the tall grass, admiring the flowers that grow among his garden, as the vines climb up my legs, dragging me into his eyes.

2. I didn’t notice the rain that had begun to fall, until it was but too late. 

3. He would never catch the tear that dared slip down my cheek, for then he’d know it was his.

4. Snapped back into reality, like a stretched rubber band released, when I awoke to find...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 20161222 134531 653
3

AM Key (United States) published:

The 5 Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

I guess it was suppose to end like this, with my face streaked with tears and my hands covered in blood. I just never knew it.

Dark clouds are smoothering the earth like a blanket and I am stuck wondering how something so beautiful can be so dangerous. 

I love beginings; knowing that there is so many possibilities hiding between the unwritten. Too bad I can't start over and go back to my beginning.

She always had her nails painted...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eb8b58c5 a63a 4dc2 bb87 409a3f1bee01
3

Notwhoyouthink (Australia) published:

5

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

1. Heights is one of the most common fears- after public speaking of course. In my experience, (which according to my mum is very little), life has its highs and lows. Me, I live for the highs. 
  2. Imagine a blank piece of paper. Now imagine that blank piece of paper slowly filling with words, written in black ink. Words that are written on top of each other-few neat, most messy until...the page is just an expanse of black, the words indistinguishable...

Img 1782
1

Fidgetsally (United Kingdom) published:

Openers

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

As I write this, we are sitting on the sea wall - watching surfers embrace chilly waves whilst you finish your coffee.

At the time of construction, the Jubilee Theatre was the most expensive building in the world - an marble masterpiece, carefully sculptured with figures representing each commonwealth country. And the Queen hated it.

Jared was one of those fake police officers who handed out leaflets at parents' evenings.

What will happen to the Jameson family will not be...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Up on poppy hill

Catlover (United States) published:

It All Began...

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

1. With the world corrupted, you kill or get killed.
2. Give me freedom or give me death, I prefer death than what they call 'freedom'.
3. He looked at her with a murderous stare; she didn't derserve to live.
4. The winds of change blew all over the town. Something exciting was bound to happen.
5. The night sky had clouds in it, so the moon was no to be seen. This gave the city of LA a...

Images
1
1

Nadia Kotova (United States) published:

Exactly 12:00 P.M.

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

Opener One:  
Pricilla McCombs always flounced around in her Sunday finest and sparkly jewelry even on days that weren't Sunday. She'd sigh, gaze down at her stubby fingers, and ooze about how she just couldn't resist such pretty things. I knew why. It was because with her tomato nose stuck on that ugly scrunched up face, she herself didn't have an ounce of pretty in her, not one bit. 

Opening Two:
It was exactly 12:00 P.M. when the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 0754
1

KR (United States) published:

A Fresh Start

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

Once upon a time, stories didn't have to begin this way.

Sprigs of lavender and pine are scattered across the hall, filling the place with their aroma; I wonder to myself if it's to cover up the smell of blood.

"It's indisputable, you know. If you weren't someone important, he would be gone by now."
"If I wasn't someone important, I would be dead by now."

Golden sunlight filtered in through the leaves and winding honeysuckle blossoms, their scent mixed...

Qpludkjpb7

daisukira (Philippines) published:

Receipt, please

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

"Hey." Yohan says, smiling as Trina walks up to him, her half-rimmed glasses slipping low on her nose and jacket buttoned all the way up. "You're early."

"I'm always early for you." Trina sniffs a little and his smile gets broader when he looks down at her neck. "You're wearing the scarf I gave you."

"It's winter." Trina flushes slightly under the scrutiny. "It's not a big deal." 
Yohan chuckles lowly, his laugh muffled under his very own thick scarf...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 1637
3

adlyn (United States) published:

The Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

1. My brother always said I was a chicken, but turning into one was not an actual goal of mine until today. 
  2. It's not that she was weird. She was normal, in fact. Dark hair, dark eyes, average height, average intelligence. Nothing warranted the adventure that would come, yet it still came, plowing over her normalcy.
  3. I knew I wanted to be your friend the moment I saw you come into first period, late but smiling, and referred to the teacher exclusively by...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Carol danvers gif
1

Surly Wombat (United States) published:

Ships

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

So the people overlap a bit in these but that's okay.

Harry Potter Ships (Including 2nd generation)

Luna+Ginny

Teddy+Victoire

Drarry

Dramione
See? overlaps.

Harry+Ginny

Hamilton Ships

Lams

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Mary333 (United States) published:

Building Simple Speaker Stands

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

In this task, Bob expected to raise the speakers around his work area closer to ear tallness. He chose to outline and manufacture two little wooden stands and to plan them such that they are a la mode and tough, can be refined by tenderfoot and experienced shopsmiths alike, and can likewise be accomplished with whatever apparatuses you have close by. 

While Bob demonstrates to you the task being executed with 3D displaying and a full supplement of shop...

Seeking Peer Reviews

0810191233a
6

Mary Wall (United States) published:

First lines

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

~ It started as a gentle breeze. We thought nothing of it. Soon we realized how wrong we were.

~ His fingers slipped through mine and my heart fluttered uncontrollably. I'd never held a guy's hand before.

~ The moon cast a soft glow over the whole mountain. 

~ Eyes glittered in the darkness. Then the branches of the tree above me rustled. I was beginning to regret telling that ghost story. 

~ A opened a book and settled onto...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

notyournerd (India) published:

Black

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

The lady was called Black. She was not black, but black she was.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 2989
1

Illuera (Australia) published:

Felicity

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

If you believe in love, don’t read this story.

Fear is a four letter word. So is Cate.

Fish have a much longer memory than 3 seconds. Humans seem to keep forgetting that.

Red hair billowed down her shoulders in ringlets more numerous than the queen’s wig. Today, her eyes were a greedy shade of emerald. Her skin was fair and smooth, Victoria wouldn’t like it. Don’t judge Felicity too quickly, she’s killed men with a flick of her wrist.

A...

D290b99f b62d 49f8 beab f0434da5d7b5

ashdearingg (United States) published:

Beginnings With No End

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

And we were waiting, waiting, waiting. Hearts beating out of our chests. What have we done?

I love you the most, but now I say have to say goodbye- The note that shattered my heart. 

Her eyes, they shined so bright, and her smile glowed like the stars in the night, but her mind was lost.

The sun was reflecting off the open waters and the sand was burning hot on this blistering, summer day. Nobody knew what would happen...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Cheshire
2

Elli Cheshire (United States) published:

Story Beginnings

PROMPT: Five Beginnings

1. Lee was only 15 when her hair started to turn blue.
2. I admit, it was a huge mistake. But do I care? no, not really.
3. Mother always told me not to open the music box, if only I hadn't been so curious years ago.
4. He said he loved me "No you don't" I responded. "You don't know me, you know her." I said, looking in the mirror.
5. I thought it was all over back in...

Seeking Peer Reviews