All writing published for Why I Write

Published writing

Download %281%29

zaid ilyas (India) published:

THE GHOST

PROMPT: Why I Write

Well, why I write?
Because when you are writer your imagination is free, you are not bound with the laws of physics and It shows inner beauty blah blah blah.
That is what most people will say, but I will tell you my secret if you promise to not to tell anyone. Came close.
I write
Because
When I do

I become a ghost,
Yeah, that’s true, you heard it right (technically read it). When I write, I can...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Oblivion
3

Hello, Nostalgia (United States) published:

Old Notebook

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write to free myself of our material world, to immerse myself in a reality where what could have been, what is already, and what has yet to come stems from my dreams and my thoughts bled onto this stained notebook.

Gouldian finch1
1

Ellie! (United States) published:

The Distance From Here To The Moon

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write so that people can see me the way I want to be seen - eyes bright, full of energy and life. I write to use my words to sculpt myself. I write to show that a girl with a pen can change the world in whatever way she wants. I write to prove myself to myself and to others. I write to express every different side of me as a different person. I write so I have no...

Images
1

tristen kay (United States) published:

The Reasons

PROMPT: Why I Write

Why I write? What a question. To be honest with the few that will take the time to read this, I cannot with all the amount of words in the world describe in perfect detail to you the reasons that I write. So here, my friends, is the shortest summary possible. I write because of pain. I write because of sorrow, guilt, regret, happiness, and more. I write because of the stillness and peace it gives off. Hearing...

Download
1

A person (Australia) published:

I write me

PROMPT: Why I Write

Why do I write?

Why do I write?

If you asked me this five years ago I would have laughed and said, "I write because school makes me. But, yeah, I do write little in my spare time, just because."
If you asked me now, I'd say, "I write because in the real world I don't know how to express myself. In my eyes, the real world doesn't let us be us. They can say they do as much as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

A822a3a4d1fad0227105ab1da04943b0 8457
4

ProcrastinatingWriter (United States) published:

Why Do I Write?

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write to express my feelings and to use my voice, even when I'm scared to.
I write because it calms me and amuses me.
I write because it feels human to put a pen and paper together to make something meaningful.
I write because it's powerful.
I write to tell the truth, not to keep the truth concealed. 
I write because that's what I want to do when I grow up.
I write to keep memories.
I write because...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Imgres 1
2

Jae (United States) published:

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write because it helps me escape. When I need to vent, or be excited, I write. If I can't punch someone else when I'm mad, I make my next character angry. My writing helps me see who I really am, because I pour out a little bit of my soul into each story. I want to someday look back at my stories and be reminded of who I was, who I wanted to be, and compare it with who...

Bbc631974b5c528d1f090d683089d41b

Fleeting Spirit (Busy with School and stuff) (United States) published:

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write to let out the feelings bottled up inside me. I write to relax and let go of anything that troubles me. I write because I get to make up things that would probably never happen in real life. I write because I have control over something. I write so that I could be in someone else's shoes. I write for enjoyment

I write because them I control everything. I write so I can choose how life goes. I write...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Tree
1

Saman (United States) published:

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write as a filter,
To put my emotions on a page so I can see them clearly.

To feel each key pushed down into place,
To make words come alive with the power of just my fingertips,
To hear each letter click into shape:
As time goes on the sound continues, gaining speed until it seems to be a constant tone,
Words flying like birds out of a tree to be captured by the gentle white of the sky-
...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1063

Hannah Christensen (United States) published:

Peace in a Raging Storm

PROMPT: Why I Write

Everyone seems to have those things that bring them a sense of peace. For some it may be music, religion, reading books or for some of us writing. You see, all of those previously mentioned activities actually bring me a sense of peace no matter what happens in the day.
    However, when I seem to be having an extremely emotional day I turn to writing. If I feel sadness or joy I turn that emotion into...

Download %281%29
1

Koda Lynn (United States) published:

Why I write.

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write to free my demons. I write to speak when my voice can not be heard. I write to gain hope that maybe, just maybe I will be heard, but not as a snitch, or a baby. But as a person. But as a real human. That way I will fully be known. I will be known for standing up, for being tall, for being brave. I write to let my creative side free. I write to feel like...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Piggy!!!
1

Bo (United States) published:

Why I write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write because I have words building up inside me.
I can feel them kicking at the walls of my mind, yearning to be free.
Words have a funny way of making themselves heard whether you ask them to or not.
Fall in line, soldiers! Form a sentence, a complete thought, for once in your lives!
Writing will not be told to sit and wait.
Unruly strings of words tumble from my unconscious fingers like children after the school bell. 
...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Piggy!!!

Bo (United States) published:

Why I write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I can feel them kicking at the walls of my mind, yearning to be set free.
Writing will not be told to sit and wait. The unruly strings of words flow from my unconscious fingers like music through the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Piggy!!!

Bo (United States) published:

Why I write

PROMPT: Why I Write

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images
3
1

pretty woman (United States) published:

Why I write

PROMPT: Why I Write

The truth to why i write is 
cause i try to find love 
and closer in it i have 
alot going on i try to 
keep a smile on my 
face to hide the 
hurt i take my anger 
out on others 
 cause it makes 
me feel better some 
how i dont know why 
im so anger and 
dont let anyone in
im just lonely and 
want to be happy an
smile and laugh like
the others do but
i...
Seeking Peer Reviews

F241b220 f12d 4b00 89a3 3a04a42028cf

sad_child (Australia) published:

Why I Write.

PROMPT: Why I Write

Why do I write? I write to remove myself from the real world, and engage in my imagination. If you asked me why I write 3 years ago, I would say “I write for fun and to confuse people with my imagination.” If you were to ask me 1 year ago I would respond with “For assignments.” If I was to be asked now, I would say “ I write so I can leave real life and enter a world...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

aprilharper (United States) published:

Why?

PROMPT: Why I Write

Truth be told, I don't know why I write. The answer for me 5 years ago would've been simple, I write simply because I like it. I loved to explore my imagination, from end to end, recording it all. But after a while, I found myself bored. Maybe I lost motivation, maybe I needed to rediscover my imagination. 
    From then on, I dreaded writing. Every assignment I'd procrastinate. I wouldn't give much effort, I'd write something to get an A,...

Piggy!!!

Bo (United States) published:

Why I write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I can feel them kicking at the walls of my mind, screaming to be set free.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Piggy!!!

Bo (United States) published:

Why I write

PROMPT: Why I Write

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 2236
1

Isabella Swenson (United States) published:

Voices

PROMPT: Why I Write

There's a reason I keep paper and a writing utensil of some sort on me at all times. And it's not just because I feel pressured to, after reading Prince Caspian, and that bit from Doctor Cornelius about how "A scholar is never without them".

...Yes, there's another reason I do this. And it isn't even the idea that some random day, they will come in handy, though they do, that I carry pen and paper around...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Slowdancinginthedark
1

Deej (United States) published:

Not I, but we

PROMPT: Why I Write

We write because she can't

When she can't breathe,
we breathe for her

When she can't speak,
we speak for her

When she can't write,
we write for her

Even if our breaths are taken at different paces than hers

Even if our words sound different than hers

Even if the words we write are ours and not hers

We write because she can't.
Not I, but we

Seeking Peer Reviews

Tumblr orqio2o8oi1uhj87xo3 500
8

fatpanda (India) published:

bleeding ink

PROMPT: Why I Write

i put my thoughts on paper
because
that's much easier than 
saying them out loud.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eeeb10378387afdb04fc3e687da002ec
12
3

annie_cheng (United States) published:

Skipping Stones

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write because I am frightened of how my thoughts sink into the unknowable depths like skipping stones. I write because it unsettles me how recklessly they fling themselves into time and space, skimming cavalierly across the ocean of my mind, as I, always the skeptic and the pessimist, wait impatiently on the shore. I write with the fractious skipping stones grasped in my shaky butter fingers, threatening to break loose at any moment, as I desperately carve my mark...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Eaccd622 66c5 48ab 878f 4aff3503487b
3

paperbird (United States) published:

Why I Write

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write to tame the eager words that drift often through my dizzied mind.  They land in long scrawls, the unwritten, oozing frustration onto bleeding pages, screaming for ink.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image 4697 quokka
16

camlily (United States) published:

The Writer

PROMPT: Why I Write

I write to be heard without having to psysically utter a single word.  
I write to create the one droplet of change, and  
I write to send ripples of love and kindness throughout the world.

I write to express my feelings.
I write to connect with others and 
I write to not feel so alone.

I write to be happy. 
I write to make others happy.

I write, because
sometimes it's the only thing I can do.

Seeking Peer Reviews