All writing published for Phenomenal Woman

Published writing

1

lianhabanana! (Australia) published:

Phenomenal Woman

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

What is a phenomenal woman you ask?
Well you see it's not hard to understand,
as there is one in you and one in me.
A phenomenal woman can be anything you want it to be.
All of us make a difference in this world no matter if they are changes big or small.
We CAN do it all.
So to all the phenomenal women out there lets all get together and share... our thoughts, words, opinions and views.
Lets...

Seeking Peer Reviews

ashdearingg (United States) published:

Strong Women

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

In the world, there are so many strong, brave women. A lot of women are not seen as strong or brave despite the hard battles they are facing. A lot of people do not know about these battles. Things like anxiety and depression are hard to live with, but there are so many people living with it everyday. Nobody knows about most of the cases because they just would not expect it. That is where my story comes into play.  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

lianhabanana! (Australia) published:

Phenomenal Woman

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

What is a phenomenal woman you ask?
as there is one in you and one in me.
We CAN do it all.
Lets...

Seeking Peer Reviews

nobodyinparticular (Cyprus) published:

She's really someone!

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

She's someone no one can see inside. She's quiet and internal, but in the most bueatiful way. She knows what's on your mind even though you can't see inside hers.
Her hair is long and down to her back. Her lips are red and moistened. Her skin is white and dotted like a bark of a birch tree.She is strange. Others down at her. They don't want to know her. 
But she is someone everyone will have wished they knew....

1

Zobot (United States) published:

Why is that so? Because it's never been different

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Why do women need a day just for them? 
Because that's all the relife they get

Why do they have to keep fighting for rights? 
Because they were never given them

Why is it that we are progressive, yet we've never had a women in office?
Because the laws are made by those in power

Why does this keep staying the same?
Because no one person can fix everything

Why aren't women hired in more jobs? accepted into more colleges?  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Aurora Borealis_03 (India) published:

MY MOM......

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Well, a woman doesn't have to be famous to be influential. In a not offensive manner, I would like to say I don't believe in role models. You aspire to be a great you rather than look up to someone else. One phenomenal woman in my life is my mom. She taught me how to be me by letting me fly with my thoughts, not hers. She has always been an inspiration, letting me think about what I can do...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

LarryMatoyo (Tanzania) published:

Mum

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

5 AM. The morning has yet to come, and yet this woman is up and about to work and provide for her family. Mum isn't the type of person to slack off, maybe once. but only to rest after a long, hard day of work. It's this determination that makes her a strong, independent woman. Along with striving to provide her family, she imbues her children with the life skills and proper traits of a proper man.
"Comb you...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Fiona Jane (United States) published:

What Makes A Phenomenal Woman?

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

A phenomenal woman is, I believe, a woman who is able to maintain her natural character wherever she is, or with whoever she is talking to. She does not alter her personality for men or women to gain their approval. She is true to herself and her natural feminine energy. She knows who she is, yet she is still searching. She is a mentor to young girls, yet she finds herself learning from them. Their is an undeniable life about...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
2

person random (United States) published:

SHE

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

It's the sway of her hips and the taste of her lips, the snort in her laugh and the teeth in her grin. It's the smudge on her eyelids and the burn of her kiss, the dance in her step and the heat of her breath. It's the crick in her neck and the ache in her side, its the blaze of her hiss and the bruise on her thigh. It's the sparkle on her ears, nose, and throat, it's the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Agneshon (Hong Kong) published:

My Dearest Grandma

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

"Granny, can you please tell me a story?" I begged my grandma to read a story every night before I slept. This was how I learned the history of my family and when I started to view her as the most incredible woman in my life.

Back to the time when my grandma was around 23 years old, she was engaged to my grandpa within 3 months after someone introduced them. It was common that people didn't have enough time...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

bayenciaga (United States) published:

A Village Summer

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

She spoke with her hands, weaving stories out of air and breathing life into them with her words. I watched her in fascination as she sparkled, a kaleidoscope of color and emotion, drawing me in with the magnificence of her beauty. My aunt had visited my dreams growing up: I remembered her soft hands working at the loom of storytelling, pausing to caress my face before continuing to spin me a brilliant textile of all her favorite memories. When I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Elizabeth Chancey (United States) published:

The Most Important Person On Earth

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

She stands silently.  Her head bowed over the letter.  Her husband stands beside her, ever steadying her trembling body.  A simple prayer is uttered.  A message from her heart to the Heart of God.  Eloquent words need not be used in her direct and urgent missive.  The prayer travels the deep jungles and big mountains of the world.  It travels through the clouds, soaring without a moments breath.  It travels through the break where the sun meets the sky, and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Hannah Christensen (United States) published:

Okassan, Whom I Love

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Strong and powerful
Brave and mighty, that's what she is
A leader for all

A great example
Talented and musical
She's kind and caring

Yeah, that is my mom!
She keeps me grounded in life
Teacher of the year

Stern when she has to
500 kids in her care
Plus 5 kids at home

Great at chemistry
Director of Sistema
Knowledge of glasses

Never had braces
Optomitrist was her dream
Queen of orchestra

It's not as it seems
Lifts me...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

itsmaddy.fitz (United States) published:

Stephanie Therese Rochon-Moton: A Journalist for Change

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

There are many ways to define equality, but for me, equality is the ability for everyone to have a chance. Equality offers everyone within our society the hope and possibility to be extraordinary. Stephanie Therese Rochon-Moton, a strong journalist and leader in Virginia history, embodies this definition of equality. While steadfastly raising awareness for breast cancer in Virginia neighborhoods, Rochon’s spirit of service made her a pillar of positivity in her community and a catalyst for change in African American...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Malvika Dangwal (India) published:

YOU INSPIRE ME MA'AM

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

We meet a lot of strangers in our life - some take away our heart away, some become family, some stay friends and well some become a random face on the street you'll probably never see again. But that's not surprising considering there are more than 7 billion people in this world. But somewhere in this huge world, there came into my life a lady full of passion and enthusiasm who not just taught me a subject but gave my...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

AJ - Izzy (Canada) published:

My Friend, My Hero

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

I know a hero. 

She not only scans the horizon but treks the way there.
She not only reads the reports but writes her own. 
She not only thinks of solutions but makes them.

She is not just my friend, she is a friend to all who'll listen to her.

She is a life-changer, a game-player, with a compassionate heart. 

She is my hero. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Jae (United States) published:

hey mom...

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Look, I know that this isn't that creative, therefore, many people will do this woman, but i'm not trying to fit in here. when i first read the prompt, i thought: my mom.

no, not because she gives me hugs, and kisses, and smiles at me, and tells me i'm beautiful even when i look like a piece of crap. no, not because she tells me boys aren't worth it, and makes my favorite dinners, and takes me shopping.

no.
...

4
1

Calypso (Virgin Islands, British) published:

Fish

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Fish, as I call her, is the strongest girl I know. She deals with her parents being toddlers every day, she has horrible night terrors almost every night, and struggles with social anxiety every day. All of this is going on while she feels the weight of the world on her shoulders, because she feels like it's her responsibility to take care of all of her friends emotional pain. When ever her friends need someone to tell them they are...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

LittleWolf (Australia) published:

Ashleigh

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Gosh... Where to start, there are so many influential women in my life and there are so many more whom I have become very close to as a young woman myself. To pick one single person is like picking a favourite type of flower. Some have characteristics that others don't, or are more prominent in your life. But all bloom and are kept close to me in a little glass jar on my windowsill.

But perhaps one of my longest and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

CCReed (United States) published:

My Sister is the Sun

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Everything about her is yellow.

A bright, burning yellow whose light is going to invade your space no matter how hard you push it back.

Not a dull yellow,- no, her vibrancy is magnificent; an angelic color. Her fingers have touched more souls than the sun's rays.

The warmth of her heart is engulfing, cascades over you as if you were laying on a sunny beach, the tip of your nose towards the bright blue sky and your heels digging...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

halcyon (United States) published:

Brie Larson

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Dear Brie Larson,

I am sure you are constantly getting notes, letters, and messages from fans all around the globe. And for good reason. You have inspired countless people: women, men, children and the elderly alike. I wanted to write this letter to you, from me (one of the thousands), to tell you how much you have inspired me and how much I admire you.

My whole life, I have loved superheroes. Particularly from the brand Marvel. Some of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

miajoyy (United States) published:

The Barefoot Lily Lady

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

The most phenomenal woman in my life I can think of, right off the bat, is unquestionably my grandma. Not only is she gorgeous, (I love bragging about her wavy and long grayish-brownish hair, it's unlike any other grandma's) and the best grandma anyone could everask for, she is also so Godly. And with all that she has to take care of, my great-grandma heavily affected by Alzheimer's who lives with her, it's amazing that she is such a devout woman....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Masonia Williams (United States) published:

Phenomenal means Queen By Masonia Williams

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

As a Phenomenal woman it takes courage to be in your own skin , in your own light. The judgments are hard, mean and very cruel. It takes a woman to build her own phenomenal world as much as she tries to build the community around her. What makes a woman unique is that she can accomplish any of her goals while helping others do the same. She doesn't bring anyone down to make her own self happy. She knows...

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

2
1

timtam.9 (Australia) published:

Anyone Can Dream

PROMPT: Phenomenal Woman

Some dream of becoming scientists, or speakers, or CEOs, or stars. They dream of becoming something special. But anyone can become a teacher, right?
Some dream of changing the world, or inventing something ground breaking, or being remembered by all of the world. Some dream of saving lives, or achieving greatness, or breaking down barriers. Some dream of making a difference. But what is making a difference? Is it changing the world or is it changing a life? Is it...

Seeking Peer Reviews