All writing published for At Home

Published writing

Screenshot 20190322 220534
3

MimiChoudhury (India) published:

A huge difference

PROMPT: At Home

"Hey, what's the difference between a home and a house?"

I almost fell off my chair,adjusted myself back on the seat, and looked up with surprise at the two bright eyes in front of me.
"Homework, is it?? Or something el-"
"OFF COURSE ITS HOMEWORK MUMMA. WHAT ELSE WOULD IT BE ?"
I  looked closely at my daughter's eyes. Never had I ever seen so much sincerity in her about her schoolwork before...why...was this one indeed a mere schoolwork or...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

Shgif
15

RNE (India) published:

the girl in my mirror

PROMPT: At Home

A little girl looks at me through my mirror, her long brown hair draped around a pink dress. A barbie clutched to her chest as if she wanted it to hear her heartbeat. She told me that she loves to wear pink dresses and would force her dad to play barbie with her. How she enjoys standing in front of the class and singing Katy Perry's hits at the top of her lungs. She tells me she can't wait to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

ash.okp (United States) published:

Where did I go?

PROMPT: At Home

When I finally go home, I want to feel as if I can tell the world what I can do, and what I want. I don't know where my home is, I Just know I haven't been there before. When I get to my mother's house I feel unbalanced, like I have to weigh what is more important in my life in order to find what I need to do. I am not her.

I go to my father's house...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Default avatar user icon
1

sarahthomas (United States) published:

Home. by Sarah Thomas

PROMPT: At Home

Home is not a place it is a feeling. I am captivated by the longing for adventure, however when it comes to the feeling of welcomeness and warmth home is where I turn. All I can ever remember is the screen doors screeching open and the wafting smells of wet fall leaves possessing each corner of my home. Christmas mornings where my chest ached with the evident feeling of joy and wonder and the gleam of my eyes when I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Rosie

whitepeachies (Singapore) published:

welcome home.

PROMPT: At Home

The bed is unmade. The pillows are strewn in every direction they can possibly take hold of. The curtains are drawn, just slightly, to allow the summer's breeze to come and visit once in a while. It's quiet in my room. Only the distant sound of cars driving by and children chattering excitedly as they exit their school gates. 

I am curled up in bed, a position that my body almost always conforms to as it touches the soft mattress....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1063

Hannah Christensen (United States) published:

A Piece of My Soul

PROMPT: At Home

Everyday a child is impacted by something they see or something they hear. At least, I was from the moment I was born. From the moment that I could hear the music coming from the violin I fell in love. It sent shivers down my spine and it still does. This is a love that never goes away and stays there for eternity.
    The smell of the wood as you open the case, just relaxes your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

What ? (Indonesia) published:

Resting Place

PROMPT: At Home

The place that is the safest to me, while I'm soaked in sweat and a stabbing pain enveloping my head. After a physical and mental drain from school and the heat rising due to the sun that sat at the top of my shoulder. I lurched to the bed, taking a ragged breath. The soft cushion easing the fatigue from my muscles, the fresh air drying my sweat. My eyes blinked, and tears fell. I took the luxury to yawn...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

What ? (Indonesia) published:

Resting Place

PROMPT: At Home

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2019 03 14 at 15.08.45
1

victoriasvartstrom (Finland) published:

i can breathe again

PROMPT: At Home

i am at home.
i am alone with my dog,
sitting on my bed.
i have recently woken up.
no alarm, no stress.
elvis is playing in the background,
the melodies remind me of my grandmother.
i am reading a book,
they have been with me since the beginning.

the words have a way of burying themselves into my soul.
the music speaks to me in a way that cannot be explained.
the breathing of my dog is softly echoing through the air.
i notice the smell of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 20190322 220534

MimiChoudhury (India) published:

A huge difference

PROMPT: At Home

"Homework, is it?? Or something el-"

Seeking Peer Reviews

1063
1
1

A Piece of My Soul

PROMPT: At Home

The smell of the wood as you open the case, just relaxes your senses and takes all of your worries away. You might be having the worst day in the world and picking up the violin sends a deep calming sensation to the bottom of your soul that just soothes you. You play that violin and all of your worries go away. It seems as if you are living a fairytale and there are no problems in the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Alley 2297668 960 720

Ryder (United States) published:

Places I Need

PROMPT: At Home

Shadows dapple
The leaf strewn floor
When I'm with nature
I loose myself once more
I seek out wildlife
Follow their tracks
Try to capture them 
In photographs
I love to be surrounded 
By all animals
From creepy-crawlys
And great horned olws
To giant things
Like Harpy Eagles
With six foot wings
In the forest I could live
And never come out again 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Index0
5

Flaw (Malaysia) published:

Introvert

PROMPT: At Home

When I was young, I used to be a nerd. Yes, a full-fledged nerd, equipped with metal-framed glasses with an intense glare. I would be that one girl out of many that actually liked to sit in the library and read for hours. I would be that one girl out of many, who had no smartphone of her own, yet never wished for one because her parents forbade her. I would be that one girl out of many who struggled...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

purplpeanut (United States) published:

Home is where the Heart is

PROMPT: At Home

I feel warm outstretched on a mattress, sheets and pillows and blankets nestled snug against my cold frame. A book in my hands a cup of hot cocoa on the floor, steam drifting slowly up. If i am alone so be it, but if there is a boy who i am dating, his arms wrapped around me, slowly sleeping, then to me there is no greater joy in the world. 

83cebcf2 9836 49e9 9d89 523cb2a7df6f
1

megzegzoo (Canada) published:

home coming, or the centre among jagged edges

PROMPT: At Home

The idea of centre, the idea of home, suggests neither a beginning nor an end, but I'm rather attached to the notion that everyone at their core holds many of both. There are infinite finalities, and perhaps their equally infinite combinations are what makes the cut and knotted ties within each soul special. At times I find home difficult to find, even if it appears to be just down the street. It is hidden under folded layers and desperate grasps...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2018 12 23 at 12.43.11 pm

Aaliyah (United States) published:

To where I came from

PROMPT: At Home

I feel that song when it comes to be,
On silver wings of home,
when I meet eyes with the people I love,
I cease to feel alone.
The sunny sides of dust and dawn,
For years they nurtured me,
and after the oceans rolling between,
I yearn to hear and to see.
They never let me down,
Had my first loves and my rainy days,
for lives and dance and basketball,
My life now fades away.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64
1

Emma Jane Medhurst (United Kingdom) published:

Home in the Past

PROMPT: At Home

Sometimes I find it difficult to decide where home is. Is it the place I sleep, the place I spend most of my time? Or is it at college, surrounded by friends that have stuck with me through thick and thin? Is it the woods, surrounded by nothing and nobody but nature and trees that welcome me like old friends? All of those things have one feature in common, and it is the one place where I feel at home.
...

Untitled
1

Book_lover (United States) published:

Why

PROMPT: At Home

Why was I born, I am only failing, i am only crying, I always think about dying, Why was i chosen, i was chosen by god, But for what reason, what did I did to deserve this, nothing, nothing at all, i did nothing to enjoy this, I got life handed to me, Free, I don't even like it here, All i get is hurt, Teased, Called ugly, No one likes me, no one loves me, all i get is lies,...

Default avatar user icon

Kaelyn Wells (United States) published:

Coming Home

PROMPT: At Home

Alone, In the cradling arms of my bookshelf, In the solitude of my own mind, with no one to tell me what I can think or say, or even do. I read of far off places, daring sword fights and Wizards that fight evil. I sometimes feel like coming home happens when I revisit these tales in which the only limit is the writer's imagination. Perhaps this is true, I do not fit into the cultural norm of today's society....

Seeking Peer Reviews

C4586304 7a2e 4816 ab4f 2b030982c5c1

Christine Heather (India) published:

Home Sweet Home

PROMPT: At Home

Somewhere within the memories of the clouded foggy childhood lies a sweet bitter flash of the tiny silver spark of memory of home. The joy and love filled atmosphere with slight mixture of mischief and stupidity. Love sugar coating every single corner of the home which you can ever find anywhere else in your life. Every morning opening your eyes to your moms screams and to your brothers tortures what’s more. Coming back from school to unpack the sack of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2018 10 10 at 8.30.55 pm

analise (United States) published:

my homes

PROMPT: At Home

home to me is doing the things that remind me of myself. 

music. ocean. sun rays. no cloudy days. 
old photos. smiles. crow lines. laugh lines. 
lots of sky. lots of coffee. lots of hugs. 
sunrises. sunsets. morning air. nighttime stars.
arms. kisses. love.
kindness. gatherings. deep dish pizza.
running. surfing. hockey. also, smoking. 
art. reading. fashion. portraits. 
thats all. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Isabella.poems (United States) published:

My Room to My House

PROMPT: At Home

At home I feel safe. I feel comfort. Just hiding in my room one day after another. I sit on my phone, laptop,tv, and computer, staring at the screen. Wondering how my life isn't being seen. Is life confusing or just hiding in my room? I love being in my room because it makes me at home. I am with my family and talking with friends on the phone. I smell the aroma of my diffuser, that peppermint smell of fresh trees...
Seeking Peer Reviews

D2923cce 38ed 4415 9bb8 f98af719c377
1

writing_is_art (Ayushi) (Canada) published:

Home

PROMPT: At Home

Home for me is not a place, rather it is a feeling. It is the moment when I stand in front of my group, my team, my fellow humans and laugh. It is when I deliver the joyous news of a victory or a job well done. I am a person who likes to lead. When we are set a task and we have to deliver upon that, I am the person who steps up. Delegating tasks, organizing a plan...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 5517
1

futureauthor (United States) published:

Prompt : At Home

PROMPT: At Home

Somewhere deep behind the cloudy fog that is this life we wander blindly through, there is brilliant clarity, which radiates like the dawning sun and pumps fresh air into my lungs. Often I visit and trace my fingertips over the aromatic roses that bow ever so slightly to the gentle breeze. I gaze into the vibrant colors that paint the sky and let them steal my breath away. Regardless of if I seem to have lost everything- attention,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Fandora (Australia) published:

A Shed in the Sun

PROMPT: At Home

I feel alive and home with friends every week. A home away from home, a simple old shed. The sun warms the metal, waiting for me to arrive. Inside, it is large and comforting, with couches against every wall, their arms stretched out embracing the room. In most places I feel restricted and cold, yet with friends there is a warmth always around and just for me.
Friends of all different sizes and names all welcoming me. We feel alike...

Seeking Peer Reviews