All writing published for At Home

Published writing

Fire girl

KatieGeeJam (United States) published:

Home

PROMPT: At Home

For others, home is a place to rest after a long day, a warm and cozy shelter to hide in. 
    While I do love being warm, I think the place I feel the most at home is not inside my house, but on top of it. It's pretty silly, I know, but up on the roof you can see everything and it's nice to know that nothing can change up there without you seeing it. Once you...

Seeking Peer Reviews

44 minutes ago

Wall
1

Natalia (Colombia) published:

Habitant of the world.

PROMPT: At Home

I once saw an actor, that had lived in many different places and cultures, being interviewed about the meaning of the word "Home". He said that, for him, home was Colombia, but his children thought that the world was their home: They were no longer habitants of a specific country, they belonged to the world. 

I haven't lived in as many countries as them, but I've seen my fair share of what's beyond my countries borders for my young age....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Wall
1
1

Natalia (Colombia) published:

Habitant of the world.

PROMPT: At Home

I remember when I saw an actor, that had lived in many different places and cultures, being interviewed about the meaning of the word "Home". He said that, for him, home was Colombia, but his children thought that the world was their home: They were no longer habitants of a specific country, they belonged to the world. 

I haven't lived in as many countries as them, but I've seen my fair share of what's beyond my countries borders for my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Caitlyn Reber (United States) published:

Your Reflection

PROMPT: At Home

Who are you? That is a question that always seems to be asked, half of the time I just say my name, but what if it is more then just a name. You, yourself are more then a name. You can either be love, kindness, hope, and so on. You should not define yourself as an athlete, or a musician because that is not truly YOU. What if people remembered you as a person that always had a smile on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Jahzaiyah Allen (United States) published:

Leave it on the Field

PROMPT: At Home

Rolling my eyes at what I had just read, I shut my phone off. Instead, I watched the roads in the distance get closer and closer as we drove further down the streets. I felt the phone vibrate silently against my skin, and I chose to read it. I wasn't that angry with him. However, I tried to convince myself that I really was.

I lazily held the phone into my line of sight, tilting my head as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sky
1

Eyes Wide Open (New Zealand) published:

Ocean

PROMPT: At Home

I don't remember the first time I saw the ocean. How strange it must have looked to my young eyes. How vast. 

When I think of the ocean, I smell salt and sunscreen and sweat. I feel the cold wash of the waves, hear the thundering roar of whitewater. I taste salt and grit and grime.

I remember the sun; the heat, the cold, the squealing and tumbling and running. The ugly hats mum always pulled down too far over...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 20190214 170557 181
2

X.4gn3s.X (United States) published:

Tranquility

PROMPT: At Home

One day you will look back and begin to realize that you worried too much about the things that were never necessary in your life.

The mighty sun nestled on the horizon creating a dim orange sky, like a painting which soothes my restless mind. 

Trees that bore no fruit for each of their many hands wrestles with the winter wind, while the bushes dance with the melodies of the breeze, a sight nostalgic of times from when...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sat pic?1555636673

moorea832 (United States) published:

My Home

PROMPT: At Home

My home, a common place, that people seldom fine. My home is only found in four places. First and foremost my home is in God, second in the music I listen to, third the people I involve my self with, and four the good memories I use to have. My home is not a physical place where I can rest my head, but my home is something I can not touch. Music use to be my only home. When the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

31243b8f f35f 44dc 9924 e12487b6b108
1

Sophia DuBose (United States) published:

No Roots

PROMPT: At Home

There's an old adage that is often found hanging in the stomp rooms of warm family homes, emblazoned on placks and painted on wood signs:  "Home is where the heart is."  People leave their hearts in strange places. In old bedrooms, in bars, and on riverbanks. In trees, in pies, in their parents' basements. Quaint places. Places with deep soil that allows for the planting of roots. Places where there are careful farmers, willing to cultivate those roots, willing to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2019 01 23 at 7.19.15 pm
5

The Bubbling Pen (Australia) published:

Hypnagogia

PROMPT: At Home

Hypnagogia.

A mouthful to spell and a mouthful to say. And in reality, this borderline state of wakefulness and sleep is anything but easy to define. I often find myself tossing and turning at night, staring into the streaky darkness and wondering if the black rectangle above me is the imperceptible ceiling or the encasement of my veiny eyelids. The blankets wrestle with my bedsheets, trapping me in the most uncomfortable embrace imaginable, as I try to free my hands...

Seeking Peer Reviews

92254.original
1

alannav (United States) published:

Home

PROMPT: At Home

The sun always set just to the left of the pine tree. She used to stand on a rock for a better view and watch the sky turn from blue to red, orange, and yellow. The mountains the sun was sinking behind were always changing colors, reds and yellows in the fall to browns and grays in the winter to pink and white cherry blossoms in the spring to varying shades of green in the summer. But the sunset was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

tejes121 (United States) published:

My Home

PROMPT: At Home

When I left home,
I was scared and lonely.
I searched everywhere for 
Another place to call home.

Some place where I can
Be myself completely;
Unabashedly free. 
Some place where I can
Speak my mind,
Without the fear of judgement.
Some place where I can
Express myself, 
And find unconditional acceptance. 

I've looked in a lot of places
For somewhere to call a home;
For someone to call a home. 
Sometimes, I stumbled and 
Lost my way along this...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 1637
1
1

adlyn (United States) published:

A Park Bench

PROMPT: At Home

Your thumb brushed the back of my hand. My eyes lazily looked up to your face while my head never left your shoulder.

Your eyes had a glint in it, a light that contained years of familiarity. The breeze rustled your hair. After a moment passed, I let out a little hum. What’s up?

You smiled, and let air out from your lips. Your head found its way on top of mine. Again your thumb made its way to my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2019 03 31 at 8.06.16 pm

WriterGirl05 (United States) published:

Happy Place vs The Spiral

PROMPT: At Home

She pushes through the hard times and keeps moving forward. All she can do is keep moving forward. Moving forward. She constantly reminds herself of this because without it she can spiral and fall into a place that she can't get out of. She has to get to the place. Her happy place. Without it, she can't survive. Without it, no one can survive. She will do whatever it takes to get to that spot. Because that's all...

Wackcar
1
1

person random (United States) published:

On my way away

PROMPT: At Home

It is 5:45 a.m. and any sensible person with free will is fast asleep. Unfortunately, my free will still belongs to my parents and it's gonna remain that way until I'm eighteen. Normally I don't mind living out in the middle of nowhere, or at least in the afternoons, I don't mind.But in the morning, when I need to wake up at ungodly hours to get to school on time... I mind.
    However, as soon as I sit down on...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Unnamed
2

morganstearns (United States) published:

Books!

PROMPT: At Home

Have you ever just walk into a library, grabbed a good book you love and go read it in a small lonely corner? That is was I do when I need to relieve some stress and find myself again. I get a great feeling when I open a book and see all the words to another word. A world were anything is possible from riding a dragon to losing someone dear to you. As I read the books I feel...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2019 04 04 10 28 04 1554353905593 1554354027225
3
1

MimiChoudhury (India) published:

A huge difference

PROMPT: At Home

"Hey, what's the difference between a home and a house?"

I almost fell off my chair,adjusted myself back on the seat, and looked up with surprise at the two bright eyes in front of me.
"Homework, is it?? Or something el-"
"OFF COURSE ITS HOMEWORK MUMMA. WHAT ELSE WOULD IT BE ?"
I  looked closely at my daughter's eyes. Never had I ever seen so much sincerity in her about her schoolwork before...why...was this one indeed a mere schoolwork or...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

ash.okp (United States) published:

Where did I go?

PROMPT: At Home

When I finally go home, I want to feel as if I can tell the world what I can do, and what I want. I don't know where my home is, I Just know I haven't been there before. When I get to my mother's house I feel unbalanced, like I have to weigh what is more important in my life in order to find what I need to do. I am not her.

I go to my father's house...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

sarahthomas (United States) published:

Home. by Sarah Thomas

PROMPT: At Home

Home is not a place it is a feeling. I am captivated by the longing for adventure, however when it comes to the feeling of welcomeness and warmth home is where I turn. All I can ever remember is the screen doors screeching open and the wafting smells of wet fall leaves possessing each corner of my home. Christmas mornings where my chest ached with the evident feeling of joy and wonder and the gleam of my eyes when I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Rosie

whitepeachies (Singapore) published:

welcome home.

PROMPT: At Home

The bed is unmade. The pillows are strewn in every direction they can possibly take hold of. The curtains are drawn, just slightly, to allow the summer's breeze to come and visit once in a while. It's quiet in my room. Only the distant sound of cars driving by and children chattering excitedly as they exit their school gates. 

I am curled up in bed, a position that my body almost always conforms to as it touches the soft mattress....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1063

Hannah Christensen (United States) published:

A Piece of My Soul

PROMPT: At Home

Everyday a child is impacted by something they see or something they hear. At least, I was from the moment I was born. From the moment that I could hear the music coming from the violin I fell in love. It sent shivers down my spine and it still does. This is a love that never goes away and stays there for eternity.
    The smell of the wood as you open the case, just relaxes your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

What ? (Indonesia) published:

Resting Place

PROMPT: At Home

The place that is the safest to me, while I'm soaked in sweat and a stabbing pain enveloping my head. After a physical and mental drain from school and the heat rising due to the sun that sat at the top of my shoulder. I lurched to the bed, taking a ragged breath. The soft cushion easing the fatigue from my muscles, the fresh air drying my sweat. My eyes blinked, and tears fell. I took the luxury to yawn...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

What ? (Indonesia) published:

Resting Place

PROMPT: At Home

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2019 04 28 at 2.25.56
4

victoriasvartstrom (Finland) published:

i can breathe again

PROMPT: At Home

i am at home.
i am alone with my dog,
sitting on my bed.
i have recently woken up.
no alarm, no stress.
elvis is playing in the background,
the melodies remind me of my grandmother.
i am reading a book,
they have been with me since the beginning.

the words have a way of burying themselves into my soul.
the music speaks to me in a way that cannot be explained.
the breathing of my dog is softly echoing through the air.
i notice the smell of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

MimiChoudhury (India) published:

A huge difference

PROMPT: At Home

"Homework, is it?? Or something el-"

Seeking Peer Reviews