All writing published for Book Review Competition 2019. See Competition

Published writing

Meneame media link 34136
2

A Breath Into Silence (United States) published:

Runemarks by Joanne Harris

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

"Seven o’clock on a Monday morning, five hundred years after the end of the world, and goblins had been at the cellar again. . . "  Don't tell the Norse gods that. Why? Because they've disappeared without a trace. The world is now controlled by a group known as the Order, who does not tolerate dreams, imaginative storytelling, or anything pertaining to the old histories of the Nine Realms. 

Enter Maddy Smith, a young girl in a small...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Chirayuwriter (India) published:

"Book" (Journey Never Ends).

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

"Book" (Journey Never Ends).
Searching for words
Finding in lines
Endless quest in the pages
Has came to an end
One day
Where 
I came to know that we met the first time, 
we had great memories and later on, we started living in each other and
learning each other's life. 
we came to that point to turn away back to which
 we have written for our love of life,
 I want to read it again
To get back to...

Wallpaper2you 179776
1

katherine k (United States) published:

Unapologetic Honesty and Modern Femininity in "The Dud Avocado"

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

I had lived my entire life thinking I was the only person whose thoughts and interior monologues were not directly parallel to what I said out loud. Despite the narcissism in this sentiment, it hit me as a torturous responsibility to feel completely isolated in having a multifaceted thought process. This rang true until the summer of 2018, when for the first time, I read Elaine Dundy’s The Dud Avocado. While this book holds great personal value to me, I would...
Seeking Peer Reviews

70620 wallpaper 01
2

WritingDragon (United States) published:

The Giver

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Have you ever wanted to be completely absorbed into a book? So much so that by the time you finish reading it you remember everything and nothing all at once? Ever wanted to allow a story to unfold before your eyes and all at once understand it, only to set it down and lose almost everything at once? Loose every memory of the events, the charters the place as your mind fills with vivid yet colorless pictures trying to recapture...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Download %284%29

Living My Life Through Writing (United States) published:

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Salt to the Sea
By Ruta Sepetys
Historical Fiction
Teens: (13-18)

A book can change the way people think, see things and even live. There are thousands of books and everyone asks me how I specifically chose one.   
    When you find a book that changes your life, it is an amazing feeling. The book that changed my life is Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. 
    The book is based in World War 2...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

BlakeGoodman (United States) published:

Book Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

BOOK REVIEW:

42 is not just a number by Doreen Rappaport 
is my favorite book of all time. I would suggest this amazing book to anyone that likes sport books or anyone that wants to know about the history of baseball back in the day. Also if you like this amazing book i would watch the movie called 42. 42 is not just a number is a book that is in the settings of the old days when people were...

Default avatar user icon
1

Dhwani1 (India) published:

A Thousand Splendid Suns: Stunning and heartbreaking.

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

A Thousand Splendid Suns
By Khaled Hosseini. 

The title of the novel, was inspired by a beautiful poem composed by Saeb-e-Tabrizi a seventeenth century Persian poet. The novel too moves in a sad poetic way.  
Khaled took us at a journey through the history of a wounded country. How a country of nature,  artist and tolerance turned into a hell on earth, unlike other war based novels This one's center are two women. Mariam and Laila, the difference in their...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Download %284%29

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

The book is based in World War 2 times and changed the way I thought about it. I knew,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Download %284%29

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

2017 smile feb.
5

Bethia Maria (Canada) published:

The Scorpio Races

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

The Scorpio Races
By Maggie Stiefvater
Modern Fantasy
Senior Teens: (ages 15-19)

On the island of Thisby, November is the month of the Scorpio races: the month where the deadly water horses are captured from the sea, the month where racers gamble their lives and tourists flock to watch, the month that both Sean Kendrick and Puck Connolly risk everything. Told from their two perspectives in alternating chapters, this story presents a fascinating blend of magical fantasy and modern...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Download %284%29
1

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2
2

Purple Kitty 2001 (Canada) published:

Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables: My Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

“‘You don’t want me!...You don’t want me because I’m not a boy!’” So begins the third chapter of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s classic tale, Anne of Green Gables.
Anne of Green Gables is about Anne Shirley, an orphan sent to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert on Prince Edward Island. However, the elderly brother and sister requested a boy. Not to fear: everything’s cleared up, and Anne spends the rest of her life at Green Gables. (Or, at least, the next...

Seeking Peer Reviews

A5d6785f0cff7e95c99c20f28f985e17
1
1

weirdo (United States) published:

Tomboy: The Graphic Memoir Book Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

What is a tomboy? Well, the Oxford Dictionary defines a tomboy as "a young girl who enjoys activities and games that are traditionally considered to be for boys". Okay. Sounds legit. But, is that really what a tomboy is? Because that doesn't seem right to me. I've been dubbed a tomboy since I was five years old. And that definition just seems so... simple. To me, it doesn't seem to hold enough truth in it define a sort of life style....

Seeking Peer Reviews

D2923cce 38ed 4415 9bb8 f98af719c377
1
1

writing_is_art (Ayushi) (Canada) published:

Six of Crows

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

If you ever find yourself bored with reality and looking to take part in an enthralling escapade into a fictional land, I would recommended to you 'Six of Crows'. The dusty streets of Ketterdam carry with them mystery, blood and ashes. It is a city where trying to keep your wits about you is almost as hard as trying to safeguard your wallet.

The brilliant author Leigh Bardugo focused her story on a cast of 6 misfit characters- each carrying...

Seeking Peer Reviews