All writing published for Book Review Competition 2019. See Competition

Published writing

Living My Life Through Writing (United States of America)() published:

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Salt to the Sea
By Ruta Sepetys
Historical Fiction
Teens: (13-18)

A book can change the way people think, see things and even live. There are thousands of books and everyone asks me how I specifically chose one.   
    When you find a book that changes your life, it is an amazing feeling. The book that changed my life is Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys. 
    The book is based in World War 2...
Seeking Peer Reviews

BlakeGoodman (United States of America)() published:

Book Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

BOOK REVIEW:

42 is not just a number by Doreen Rappaport 
is my favorite book of all time. I would suggest this amazing book to anyone that likes sport books or anyone that wants to know about the history of baseball back in the day. Also if you like this amazing book i would watch the movie called 42. 42 is not just a number is a book that is in the settings of the old days when people were...

1

Dhwani1 (India)() published:

A Thousand Splendid Suns: Stunning and heartbreaking.

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

A Thousand Splendid Suns
By Khaled Hosseini. 

The title of the novel, was inspired by a beautiful poem composed by Saeb-e-Tabrizi a seventeenth century Persian poet. The novel too moves in a sad poetic way.  
Khaled took us at a journey through the history of a wounded country. How a country of nature,  artist and tolerance turned into a hell on earth, unlike other war based novels This one's center are two women. Mariam and Laila, the difference in their...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

The book is based in World War 2 times and changed the way I thought about it. I knew,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

5

Bethia Maria (Canada)() published:

The Scorpio Races

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

The Scorpio Races
By Maggie Stiefvater
Modern Fantasy
Senior Teens: (ages 15-19)

On the island of Thisby, November is the month of the Scorpio races: the month where the deadly water horses are captured from the sea, the month where racers gamble their lives and tourists flock to watch, the month that both Sean Kendrick and Puck Connolly risk everything. Told from their two perspectives in alternating chapters, this story presents a fascinating blend of magical fantasy and modern...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Salt To The Sea

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

2
2

Purple Kitty 2001 (Canada)() published:

Lucy Maud Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables: My Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

“‘You don’t want me!...You don’t want me because I’m not a boy!’” So begins the third chapter of Lucy Maud Montgomery’s classic tale, Anne of Green Gables.
Anne of Green Gables is about Anne Shirley, an orphan sent to live with Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert on Prince Edward Island. However, the elderly brother and sister requested a boy. Not to fear: everything’s cleared up, and Anne spends the rest of her life at Green Gables. (Or, at least, the next...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

weirdo (United States of America)() published:

Tomboy: The Graphic Memoir Book Review

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

What is a tomboy? Well, the Oxford Dictionary defines a tomboy as "a young girl who enjoys activities and games that are traditionally considered to be for boys". Okay. Sounds legit. But, is that really what a tomboy is? Because that doesn't seem right to me. I've been dubbed a tomboy since I was five years old. And that definition just seems so... simple. To me, it doesn't seem to hold enough truth in it define a sort of life style....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

writing_is_art (Ayushi) (Canada)() published:

Six of Crows

PROMPT: Book Review Competition 2019

If you ever find yourself bored with reality and looking to take part in an enthralling escapade into a fictional land, I would recommended to you 'Six of Crows'. The dusty streets of Ketterdam carry with them mystery, blood and ashes. It is a city where trying to keep your wits about you is almost as hard as trying to safeguard your wallet.

The brilliant author Leigh Bardugo focused her story on a cast of 6 misfit characters- each carrying...

Seeking Peer Reviews