All writing published for Tiny Love Story

Published writing

Screenshot 20180603 110030
6

Anha (Australia) published:

alas, it was but a dream

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

i lay asleep on the bus today, dreaming of an island where women chose to love women and the distant crashing waves nearly drowned out the sound of your voice, a maiden practicing her lyre on the adjacent wall. we were eternal, darling, never fading. i hope you know that. we've spoken late into the night, they felt like whispers over the ocean, under greek marble, lost in a sunflower field, morning kisses grazing sleepy eyelids under the rising italian...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Unnamed
1

bride124 (United States) published:

The Quickest, Most Wonderful Mistake I Have Ever Made

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

"Are you serious, Ryan?" Casey asked calmly.
"I'm sorry. I guess I don't love you anymore."
"This is so out of the blue. Is there something I did wrong?"
"No."
"I just don't know what to say." Casey shook her head in confusion.
"I think I should go." I paid for the dinner and left with my heart filled heavy with guilt and a twinge of regret.
I got home with my mom serving me a plate of spaghetti.
"I'm...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 2019 04 28 at 2.25.56

victoriasvartstrom (Finland) published:

finding the purpose

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

you came into my life when I was feeling happy.
I was good, I was okay.
even though everything was fine, you made it all so much better.
it was like a dream. it was unreal.
my world was shaken up. in a good way, for once.

then you left. you became someone else. you were never
the one I thought you were. you were never honest.
I can never trust again.
now I am not happy. I am not...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2018 06 04 at 4.30.30 pm
1

grief-bacon (Australia) published:

Piano Man

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

The piano doesn't sound such like a carnival anymore.

The man sitting in that seat plays a different tune every night but they all sound like heartbreak. 

Five years past and I still return to the same bar to hear the heartbroken melody.

Ten years past and I return to the bar for the last time. This time holding the hand of the person that I love more than the universe.

When the piano starts to play, the music has...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

leonardohinnant (United States) published:

self love starts small

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

I look down towards my hands, and see my silver rings shining back at me

It's all just accessories, I think to myself.
It's just a way to beautify myself, for me, not for anyone else. Often it's hard for me to understand how I am beauty by myself, without the accessories. Often I don't realize my beauty or worth. I slowly slip the rings off my fingers, until I'm staring down at my bare hands.

It all ends...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Three eyes
1

morganstearns (United States) published:

Memories

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

I cuddled up to your nice warm chest, providing warmth from the cold winter storm. The smell of gingerbread cookies mixed with the smell of hot coco. I could see us coming here every year, where ot  started. I remeber the first memories we ever had together, we met in the town bookstore and we got hot coco and walking around the town, looking at all the sights. We ended at the skating rink in the center of town. We...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2019 03 26 at 9.26.26 pm
6
1

johono (Australia) published:

Peak Hour

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

Peak hour has hit. We hustle onto the carriage, swarmed by others equally impatient to find a seat. A second too late, we stand amongst the unfortunate ones, our feet forced to bear weight for the next few stations. Clumsy bodies stumble against one another. But in this chaos resides a calm as we are compelled to enclose the space between us. I embrace your warmth, resting my arms around your shoulders and forehead against your lips. In this chaos...

Img 9309
4

milamae (United States) published:

i loved her but i lost her

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

My mother entered my room, and took a seat on my bed.
It was then she told me. Her eyes, full of remorse, scanned mine for a reaction.
Except, I felt nothing. This wasn't right.   
But I saw my mother, the sorrowful eyes, the extended arms, and I knew. It was true.

My best friend.
The most beautiful person I knew.
The girl I had watched every Twilight movie, played games and told secrest with, was leaving. Forever. And...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20190108 225117
1

shunicole (Philippines) published:

loving my bestfriend.

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

He was my best friend, and only with him, I don't have to pretend, to force a smile. I can cry, I can laugh with no modesty, I can fart and do silly things---- because he's there and is with me. But now, our closeness scares me for a different kind of fondness is growing inside of me, I want to run away but I want him to be with me. I am in love with my best friend. how...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Th
1

ryxxry (United States) published:

More than....

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

His arm thrown over her shoulders they walked through the halls looking like the perfect couple. Laughing at something he said she pretended to move from under his arm, but he pulled her back in hugging her to his chest. Girls gave her glares jealous of the attention she was getting wanting to be the apple of his eye. Guys rolled their eyes wondering how he got all the girls. They were oblivious in their own perfect little...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Cara went to university today and the little shits left me alone and i have no idea how to function ajahahhahahahimheartbrokem

A Certain Type of Decisive (United States) published:

Mean

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

Eyes the same shade as the bagel you threw at my face,
But your face was the ridiculous one when I took a bite.
The lunch lady made you apologize.
You didn’t mean it.

When you sang the abc’s slower than usual before demanding my swing
When, at the top of the slide, you said you just were mad because your mom wouldn’t let you have pink hair like me
You meant it.

When I got you hair...

Seeking Peer Reviews

20190108 225117
1
1

shunicole (Philippines) published:

loving my bestfriend.

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

He was my bestfriend since I couldn't remember , and only with him I doesn't have to pretend, to force a smile.I can cry, I can laugh with no modesty, I can fart and do silly things and enjoy it---- because he is there for me and with me. But now, our closeness scares me for a different kind of fondness in growing inside of me, I want to run away but I want him to be with me. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

61a1bc7e 3bc8 433b a702 85a8e01c4c46
2

Dewey_dew_drops (United States) published:

Bowling Alley

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

The bowling alley is crowed with the sounds of pins crashing against the floor and people cheering each other on. I grab the ball, you’re standing behind me. One. Two. Three.The ball storms down the lane tearing into the home of the pins, knocking every single one of them down. I slide back to where you’re standing, smiling. Looking up at you I search for defeat in your face, but all I find is you smiling, leaning down to...

Default avatar user icon
2

ash.okp (United States) published:

Eye Candy

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

We all had that one person, who you'd stare at during class and looked so put together. They seemed to light the world with their smile, their laugh, their eyes. Just being around him let me know there was hope for the world. There were days he'd announce getting a new girlfriend and it would be laughable. How pathetic. To be completely enamored by someone just to never tell them. But one day, your smile faltered. Your laugh diminished. Your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2
1

uwu (Singapore) published:

Rain

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

"I hope," she started, "I wasn't too harsh, with everything I said," she whispered, looking down as rain made her hair slick.

Immediately, her smile fell, and she raised her eyes to stare right into mine as I pulled her into my umbrella, large enough for just one person.

"No, you never are," I replied, feeling gently the soft linen fabric that rested on her breast. "I told you I'll wait for you, even if you say no."

"I...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Fire girl
6
3

KatieGeeJam (United States) published:

Only a Hundred Words

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

I can only say one-hundred words... 
How can I describe my smile whenever I see your stupid face through the car window?
Or all of the times that you look at me and I feel heat seeping through my face, infecting every corner?
Maybe I can tell them about the time we looked at the stars, but all I could focus on was your voice filling the sky with lust and wonder.
Maybe I can say all...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Ballet dancer
1

BookwormAddict (United States) published:

White Horse

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

I left the coffee shop, my book contained in my left hand, coffee in my right. 
Drip. Drip. Drip. 
I was slowly getting wet under the rain and I didn't have an umbrella. I look around for a solution.
Then I saw her. Shining black hair. Red lips. Fair skin. The princess of my dreams.  She looked my way and caught my eye.
She came over with her white umbrella and held it out. 
"Would you like to climb onto...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Profpic
10

ethereal.otherworldly (Spain) published:

almost (sweet music)

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

and some nights we are young,
moonlight dancing on our tongue tied kisses.
be still my rose-covered heart
used only to loving you and the earth beneath us.

we've got dreams of the castle on the hill
where we'll get drunk on this tainted love
and dance, pressed up together,
burnt out

oh, and to be young and in love is a lush life

you're made of this beautiful sea
where the waves roll like cerati's r's
and a landslide...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 4308
4

bcarder (Canada) published:

Escape

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

My gown is too bulky to move around in. I look at him. He nods at me to tell me he feels out of place to. Let's get out of here. 

Running. Heels in my hand, veil wrapped in my arm, his eyes on me burning. His hand on the small of my back. 

We get to the beach and get dirtied with sand. We kiss and the world comes to a halt. 

Nobody understands our love. It will never...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 7139 edited
6

aubree_taylor (United States) published:

How do you?

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

It was summer, I remember it clearly. I tried not to stare every time he walked by, or laughed, or smiled. I swear, I really tried not to fall for him. But how do you not fall for someone? How do you not become a passionate advocate for their beautiful personality? How do you avoid the flush that creeps up your neck to rest on your cheeks when you catch their gaze? Is there a way to avoid it? All...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1
2

Lorelei.Castle (United States) published:

Remember

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

It was a warm and sunny Saturday.  We were hand in hand, walking down the cobblestone path for our anniversary.  Everything was perfect.  She was perfect.

" Remember when we first met?" she asked me, smiling.

"Of course I remember.  It was the day that changed my whole life".

And I did remember.  I remember her so distinctly.  I remember the way her dark hair swirled around her wrist.  I remember how she sang with such joy.  I remember...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

JourneyB (United States) published:

Young Love Lasts

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

On our first date, I was six and he was seven. I fell off his Razor-scooter and skinned my knee. He carried me inside, wiped my tears and put a band-aid on it. He then convinced his mom that the only way to make it better was to go to the ice cream parlor. I got strawberry, he got chocolate. I need to tell you secret he whispered, I love you.We've been married for fifteen years. Every anniversary we...

Unnamed
8
3

bride124 (United States) published:

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

"No."
"I'm...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Img 6650
1

Bailee (Australia) published:

The Bird

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

SQUARK!

Trills of whistle's and tweets erupt from his beak, his head rasied to the sky, neck protruding. The closer I approach the more he his puffs feathers. He runs back and forth, frantic, wide-eyed and his wings in a shamble. Between my fingers I hold his one true love.

"Is this what you want?"

CHIRP!

"I could give it to you."

CHIRP SQUARK!

I watch this small feathered creature run aimlessly. The squarks are so loud and continous that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Accidentalkawaii
2

Lethally Mathon (United States) published:

Sorry For Being Verbose

PROMPT: Tiny Love Story

The teen years are marked by a desperate passion. Tsunamis of passion absorb one so that one's own will is secondary. Youth lends its body to the tsunami, makes itself limp, and permits itself to be carried by the violent currents.
I always thought it was a careless thing- that people who got stuck in the sea were simply fools.
Yet, one day I was fascinated to see a man paddling a lifeboat in the distance. My heart burned as...

Seeking Peer Reviews