All writing published for The Vistas Beyond

Published writing

Default avatar user icon
1

toledo_was_here (United States) published:

Warmth and breeze

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Looking outside and the warmth of the sun hits my cheeks and the green trees moving back an forth with the cool breeze. the warmth heats up my heart and the cool breeze brings chillness. my life is simple as can be.

Default avatar user icon
2
1

kawaiiunicorn (United States) published:

the window

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

I look out my window. I see butterflies bees and trees. I get closer to the window.. Now I see darkness. I hear the lightning and thunder crashing in the distance. I step back one more time. Now i see this beautiful world again. now i wonder, is all this beauty just covering up the darkness and terror of the real world?

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Fiánan (Australia) published:

Silent Storm

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Rolling waves and a sky peppered with stars on a dark canvas. An eternal silence and an unending expanse of stumpy oaks and straggly shrubs to my left. The crash of waves splatters shard-like drops against the foggy window pane, a far-off rumbling causes a dull throbbing in my head. A storm is coming.

Untitled

Book_lover (United States) published:

My Bedroom window

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

When i look through my window I see trees, maybe even bees, I wonder if from behind the beautiful view there's something dark.
Behind the bark, behind the ark, What if somethings watching me, stalking me, hunting me.
Even though there's beauty, there is always another side, But who knows it may be all in my head.  
Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
3

Empress Unosha (Nigeria) published:

Anticipation

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Thunder roaring, lightning cackling, rainstorms gathering for the most arcane showdown ever since the rains stopped.
In ectasy and gloom, I stand behind the stained glass window of this chuch,arms akimbo, hot tear filled eyes, cold weather and all.
I've always wished for the rains to come but not this soon.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Iuf3zqxm5yjwvjj8rz3cpb 320 80

JoslynCollins101 (United States) published:

The Sunset

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Above, the world is enriched with an array of pastels, which bleed across an ordinary sky. As they melt and meld into one another, creating something singular and surreal, black overflows the horizon like ink. Before long, a sunset's gradient is painted inside the foreshadowed night.

Pink
1

Fatima M (Nigeria) published:

the moon smiled back

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The gentle breeze from outside brings with it some dust through the window as I look upon the world I am surrounded by. The neighborhood is awake and windows all around are lit up and I hear the prayers from the mosque, the thunderous Christian praise songs from the church and the music from the clubs; everyone awaits the turn of the new year holding on tightly to the hope that this year will be different, it will be 'ours.'...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Pink
1

Fatima M (Nigeria) published:

the moon smiled back

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The gentle breeze from outside brings with it some dust through the window as I look upon the world I am surrounded by. The neighborhood is awake and windows all around are lit up as I hear the prayers from the mosque, the worship from the church and the music from the clubs while everyone awaits the turn of the new year holding on tightly to the hope that this year will be different, it will be 'ours.' I hope...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Rgwhteeth

ruve (United States) published:

Olive Trees

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The leafy grasslands, which were swathed in ivy and lush undergrowth could be seen cresting over one another from his perch on the windowsill. Through grey skies, the wind rustled the faraway olive tree leaves and carried over the distant, mountainous and rocky hills. He watched a flock of chickens scratch the earth as the scent of heating bisque wafted up the old stairs and into his attic bedroom. (-02/21/19)

Seeking Peer Reviews

0a75ad51 390d 4fa5 ab46 1737f734866a

Aithy Nguyen (United States) published:

The View From The Window

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

They say straw colored birds perch on grey fences, green leaves on old trees shake as the breeze comes from nowhere, children run and play on the wet grass, and dark clouds pass by the building every morning. They also say that if I look far enough in the distance, I can see the mountains covered in white snow, and if I wake up early enough, I can see the sun rise just beyond that. I blink, but the image...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Dsc04727 %282%29
1

ollieollie (United States) published:

San Pedro, CA

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The horizon bumps in time with the dips in the road; the ocean is a brilliant blue. Despite the sun cutting the clear air and reflecting off of the waves, the air streaming through the cracked window is remarkably cold. Another car zooms by, obstructing the view in a quick blur, then again giving way to the waves that seem to go on forever.

Seeking Peer Reviews

623b5a4417b5ed3857f781240133cf7a
3

casual.ties (New Zealand) published:

A little beyond her window

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

She couldn't see the river from her window. It was out there, somewhere beyond the vegetable gardens and the terracotta angels, past the grass strewn with rotting fruit (she always forgot to harvest, so the apples and the plums were returned to nature every time). The thought was comforting, for although she couldn't see the river, she knew it was out there, just a little beyond. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Huge assortment of vintage typewriter keys

KateAndTheTypewriter (United States) published:

Vista of Smoke

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The smoke drifted through the sky, twisting in lazy spirals, caressing the tree branches as it journeyed upward, fanning out and exploring new frontiers. It pushed the stars out of its way as it moved over the sky, blotting out even the moon; it was a hungry, starving thing that could not satieted as it ate through forests and buildings, drifted over lakes and rivers, collected thickly in now-brown valleys, like water growing stagnant in a well.The smoke came towards...

Seeking Peer Reviews

K1

luluwrites111 (United States) published:

Greet The World

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

This is my almost home, or my future home, here, white lace curtains, rolling hills, bustling San Francisco; all I would ever need. The nights I spend here are full of memories, and the cool night air carries snippets of conversation up to my perch on the second floor, strangers who become characters in my writers mind. From this window, I lean out and greet the world, my loudest voice from inside my mind, emotions I can't name come to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1cc5e93e 43df 4b2e b556 7d6077c979be
1

Iris J. (United States) published:

The Vistas Beyond

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Through the window
I see the sunlight
Diminishing into darkness

Through the window
I see the vast spread
Of plains

Through the window 
I see the waves
Of the ocean
Lapping forever
And ever

Through the window
I see the vistas beyond

I open the curtain
And I see
The trees
And the 
Sky

I open the curtain
And I see 
A lonely 
Island

I open the curtain
And I see
A path
Through the hills

I open the curtain ...

C1ac6c56 93ac 44b8 b043 fe7f1a420a4f
1

WhiltiernaWolfLord (United States) published:

Icicles From Evergreen Trees

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The sky was shrouded with clouds, clotted with a milky obscurity like the cataracts of a dead man's eye. Nor did it want to be transparent, no, the sky was a bitterc tumultuous thing, spewing marble-sized hail and stinging ice one moment and a nonchalant gunmetal the next. In other parts of the world, perhaps it had a more congenial personality, however in Alaska, it retained all of the brutal beauty of nature, sharp and strong as icicles hanging from...

B0f49784 778c 4ca7 8d90 b15361e2a12e
1

ViSchultz07 (United States) published:

Cabin view

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

From this window you can see pine trees towering above the sandy earth.
From this window you can see a lake filled with laughing splashing children. 
From this window you can see a never ending forest, filled with never ending paths, and never ending adventures. 

Default avatar user icon
1

Ainsley Thoms published:

Noises from the neighborhood

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Through the screen and the glass children's screams of excitement and the sound of bicycles zipping by fill the room with excitement. The occasional bark of a small dog can even be heard from a closed window two stories high when they are greeting a neighborly friend or foe. The ear piercing sound of a car alarm going off for an unknown reason and my sister's voice mimicking it as if she though the car could hear.

Default avatar user icon
1

Amelia Thoms (United States) published:

The painting beyond

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

As I peer out the window, the sun slowly sets. The trees darken into just a silhouette as the sky slowly fades with blues, greens, yellows, oranges, and reds. I would watch closely as a car runs by but my concentration would always be trained on the mellow painting before my eyes. Hearing the faint blow of the wind, a smile adorned my lips yet the hope and bewilderment will always diminish when it is the dark abyss of the...

Profpic
3

ethereal.otherworldly (Spain) published:

asteria

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

it has never snowed in my lifetime in this city and it never will, but sometimes at night when the city lights are dim the stars look like snowflakes. i wish i could keep my window open and let the stars take shelter in my home, but if i did the cold would find its way in and hide in the corners of my bones. for now, i will let the stars watch me from outside until the sun swallows...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

kenko_861 (Philippines) published:

Looking beyond

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Cherishing moments in life, seeing through the window has given us opportunity to look of the surroundings around and feel the nature breezing towards our body and inner soul. We can imagine anything that we want with the relaxation flowing through our souls by the tranquil nature of serendipity. It inspires each of us to live life to the fullest as we achieve our goals in life and we do not know what comes out outside the window; maybe love...

Seeking Peer Reviews

E77ae365 a687 407e be45 ba89951d63d0
2

Anna Crowley (United States) published:

When You Peer Out A Window And It's Yourself Who Looks Back

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

A window anywhere and any-when is always the same; I see people.
They've been, an are going; face an unmistakable guise.
Until they look back at me, what does my window see?
As a person spots you looking through a window, you are the window-view.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Signal (Latvia) published:

Gray world outside my window

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

I see lost way, that is abandoned from heartaches and worries, that wants to be rebuild and loved by cars, people and little flying plastic bags around who scream "save the world, don't use your stupid plastic!" All of that road outside is gray and wants to seek life, or is it just my depression, that will never be cured even with cup of the sweetest peppermint tea and chocholate chip cookies, that actually are next to me while i...

Oceanwname 1 original
1

Alliyah (United States) published:

Light

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Light. It filtered through the clouds overhead--reflecting off our hearts and our windowpanes, tearing the blanket of gloom that was trapping us, suffocating us. A shred of light, a single ray--yet it is as significant as the air that we breathe. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

83cebcf2 9836 49e9 9d89 523cb2a7df6f

megzegzoo (Canada) published:

almost downtown

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The street as far as I can see it sags under the weight of overexcited people and summer heat. This is a worn-down paradise, yet there's no end in sight to the appeal, as long as those waterfalls keep thundering the way they always have in protest to the changes felt by the rest of the earth. This is my home: dangerous, adrenaline-powered, yet more familiar than the back of anyone's hand to me, much less my own.