All writing published for The Vistas Beyond

Published writing

623b5a4417b5ed3857f781240133cf7a
3

casual.ties (New Zealand) published:

A little beyond her window

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

She couldn't see the river from her window. It was out there, somewhere beyond the vegetable gardens and the terracotta angels, past the grass strewn with rotting fruit (she always forgot to harvest, so the apples and the plums were returned to nature every time). The thought was comforting, for although she couldn't see the river, she knew it was out there, just a little beyond. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 17 hours ago

Huge assortment of vintage typewriter keys

KateAndTheTypewriter (United States) published:

Vista of Smoke

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The smoke drifted through the sky, twisting in lazy spirals, caressing the tree branches as it journeyed upward, fanning out and exploring new frontiers. It pushed the stars out of its way as it moved over the sky, blotting out even the moon; it was a hungry, starving thing that could not satieted as it ate through forests and buildings, drifted over lakes and rivers, collected thickly in now-brown valleys, like water growing stagnant in a well.The smoke came towards...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Default avatar user icon

luluwrites111 (United States) published:

Greet The World

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

This is my almost home, or my future home, here, white lace curtains, rolling hills, bustling San Francisco; all I would ever need. The nights I spend here are full of memories, and the cool night air carries snippets of conversation up to my perch on the second floor, strangers who become characters in my writers mind. From this window, I lean out and greet the world, my loudest voice from inside my mind, emotions I can't name come to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1cc5e93e 43df 4b2e b556 7d6077c979be
1

Iris J. (United States) published:

The Vistas Beyond

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Through the window
I see the sunlight
Diminishing into darkness

Through the window
I see the vast spread
Of plains

Through the window 
I see the waves
Of the ocean
Lapping forever
And ever

Through the window
I see the vistas beyond

I open the curtain
And I see
The trees
And the 
Sky

I open the curtain
And I see 
A lonely 
Island

I open the curtain
And I see
A path
Through the hills

I open the curtain ...

C1ac6c56 93ac 44b8 b043 fe7f1a420a4f
1

WhiltiernaWolfLord (United States) published:

Icicles From Evergreen Trees

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The sky was shrouded with clouds, clotted with a milky obscurity like the cataracts of a dead man's eye. Nor did it want to be transparent, no, the sky was a bitterc tumultuous thing, spewing marble-sized hail and stinging ice one moment and a nonchalant gunmetal the next. In other parts of the world, perhaps it had a more congenial personality, however in Alaska, it retained all of the brutal beauty of nature, sharp and strong as icicles hanging from...

B0f49784 778c 4ca7 8d90 b15361e2a12e
1

ViSchultz07 (United States) published:

Cabin view

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

From this window you can see pine trees towering above the sandy earth.
From this window you can see a lake filled with laughing splashing children. 
From this window you can see a never ending forest, filled with never ending paths, and never ending adventures. 

Default avatar user icon
1

Ainsley Thoms published:

Noises from the neighborhood

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Through the screen and the glass children's screams of excitement and the sound of bicycles zipping by fill the room with excitement. The occasional bark of a small dog can even be heard from a closed window two stories high when they are greeting a neighborly friend or foe. The ear piercing sound of a car alarm going off for an unknown reason and my sister's voice mimicking it as if she though the car could hear.

Default avatar user icon
1

Amelia Thoms (United States) published:

The painting beyond

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

As I peer out the window, the sun slowly sets. The trees darken into just a silhouette as the sky slowly fades with blues, greens, yellows, oranges, and reds. I would watch closely as a car runs by but my concentration would always be trained on the mellow painting before my eyes. Hearing the faint blow of the wind, a smile adorned my lips yet the hope and bewilderment will always diminish when it is the dark abyss of the...

Profpic
2

ethereal.otherworldly (Spain) published:

asteria

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

it has never snowed in my lifetime in this city and it never will, but sometimes at night when the city lights are dim the stars look like snowflakes. i wish i could keep my window open and let the stars take shelter in my home, but if i did the cold would find its way in and hide in the corners of my bones. for now, i will let the stars watch me from outside until the sun swallows...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Picture?width=64&height=64

kenko_861 (Philippines) published:

Looking beyond

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Cherishing moments in life, seeing through the window has given us opportunity to look of the surroundings around and feel the nature breezing towards our body and inner soul. We can imagine anything that we want with the relaxation flowing through our souls by the tranquil nature of serendipity. It inspires each of us to live life to the fullest as we achieve our goals in life and we do not know what comes out outside the window; maybe love...

Seeking Peer Reviews

E77ae365 a687 407e be45 ba89951d63d0
2

blueconverse (United States) published:

When You Peer Out A Window And It's Yourself Who Looks Back

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

A window anywhere and any-when is always the same; I see people.
They've been, an are going; face an unmistakable guise.
Until they look back at me, what does my window see?
As a person spots you looking through a window, you are the window-view.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Signal (Latvia) published:

Gray world outside my window

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

I see lost way, that is abandoned from heartaches and worries, that wants to be rebuild and loved by cars, people and little flying plastic bags around who scream "save the world, don't use your stupid plastic!" All of that road outside is gray and wants to seek life, or is it just my depression, that will never be cured even with cup of the sweetest peppermint tea and chocholate chip cookies, that actually are next to me while i...

Default avatar user icon
1

Alliyah (United States) published:

Light

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Light. It filtered through the clouds overhead--reflecting off our hearts and our windowpanes, tearing the blanket of gloom that was trapping us, suffocating us. A shred of light, a single ray--yet it is as significant as the air that we breathe. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

1cc5e93e 43df 4b2e b556 7d6077c979be
1

Iris J. (United States) published:

The Vistas Beyond

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Through the window
I see my the sunlight
Diminishing into darkness

Seeking Peer Reviews

416d28aa bc4e 4cfd 8cdf 93b46a366749

megzegzoo (Canada) published:

almost downtown

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The street as far as I can see it sags under the weight of overexcited people and summer heat. This is a worn-down paradise, yet there's no end in sight to the appeal, as long as those waterfalls keep thundering the way they always have in protest to the changes felt by the rest of the earth. This is my home: dangerous, adrenaline-powered, yet more familiar than the back of anyone's hand to me, much less my own.

Tree
1

Saman (United States) published:

Imagined Horizon

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Though my window is closed, I imagine I can feel the breeze.
I watch the leaves of trees flitter, choosing to see a peaceful bird passing by rather than the large truck that is rumbling through reality.
Though all directions are blocked by identical buildings with shining roofs, I stare out as if I can see past the horizon.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images
2

blueburns (United States) published:

the window seat

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The sun seemed softer here, in this unknown place. Upon old city buildings with clay roofs, an orange glow seemed to pour an unearthly honey into the quiet city and streets. 
Bees flocking to colorful bunches, the birds singing lightly, and in this foreign country, to take my fill, I can only lay my head against this warm window sill.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

thesqueakycauldron_ (India) published:

A Happy Place

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

You could see all the sorts of humans there- men and women, the old and the young, the rich and the poor. All of them had come; they had come to find ecstasy in the flocks of vibrantly coloured balloons or the stalls of books and food or the big, giant wheel. I wished the world could be that happy a place; I wished the world were a fair.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

Brooklynn (United States) published:

The First Fall of Winter

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

It was such a beautiful day. White fell from the sky covering the land. Oh how I wished to play in the beautiful white powder.

Jade ruby rose granite
1

Madison Burgess (United States) published:

The City That Breaks Me

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Look beyond, the glass and the screen, see the city that waits. 
You used to like this town, you used to care about it. 
But now that people break you down, who cares anymore?

Seeking Peer Reviews

Images
5

Elizabeth Chancey (United States) published:

Imagined Chill

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Trees as far as the eye can see.  Snow unlimited, as it blankets the Earth around me.  Although, from my spot on the couch, all is warm and secure, the snow seems to sneak in and shake me with an imagined chill.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Limpimpeccablekentrosaurus size restricted
4

weirdo (United States) published:

A Kinda Trashy Night

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The metallic cans littered on the street reflected the moon light, making the street seem like a runway. The few trees that were there were barren and had balloons tangled in their branches. Starry night are overrated if you ask me, but trashy nights can be beautiful if your window has a good view.

Download

Sister SNACHED (United States) published:

Window View of a Field

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

Children wearing sunglasses laughed and played through the grass, chasing a golden retriever who's fur shone bright gold in the sun. Cars of all shapes and sizes lined the street; Loud rap music coming from an old red Honda spread throughout the clear open space. Bright and cheery families sat on delicate picnic blankets and laughed.

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

1103sob (United States) published:

Not Here

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

I could swear I had heard the familiar rhythm of pebbles hitting my window, but I could not bring myself to check, knowing that it was not possible. Sunlight had beamed softly on his skin, coaxing his last breath. His flatline replaced the sound of rocks against glass, and I buried myself back into my bed, underneath the gentle Moon. 

Seeking Peer Reviews

Screen shot 2018 09 27 at 1.30.36 pm
3

Majestically Awkward Manatee (United States) published:

Darkness

PROMPT: The Vistas Beyond

The rain thundered down, forming hundreds of little puddles. The little rain drops on my window slowly slid down. The clouds had swallowed up the sun, and all that was left was darkness. 

Seeking Peer Reviews