All writing published for Film Review Competition 2019. See Competition

Published writing

Anguilla 9

Dolphin23 (Australia) published:

A Dog's Purpose

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Discover the amazing movie of a dog originally written as a novel by W. Bruce Cameron. First as Bailey, a young Golden Retriever puppy he asks himself what his purpose is. In his first life unable to discover his purpose he moves onto the next as Ellie the German Sheppard who happens to become a police dog. This same process continues until a series of lives has been fulfilled. Still clueless of his destiny and purpose he roams the lands...

Mb

jengelman (Australia) published:

The toast of Paris: Colette

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Every inspirational writer deserves to have a film written about them; Colette is no exception. Played by Keira Knightley, Colette’s character eccentric, modern relationship transcends the oh-to-usual face deep characters of Hollywood movies today. It was released in October, 2018 and scarcely takes influence from any other films like it.

All too often, Hollywood projects bland storylines with characters already in position of power. These characters then make something great, but with no real setbacks. Colette, on the other hand...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

Braydan.Hamilton (United States) published:

Into The Spiderverse Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

I believe that Into the Spiderverse was a wonderful movie because it had a little bit of everything a "spider-man movie" needs. It had a little bit of comedy and adventure in the begging with the main character miles singing Sunflower-By Swae Lee and Post Malone while being late to school. I also think that Shameik Moore was one of the best options for Miles actor, he played him wonderfully and showed all the emotion that he needed to. After Miles...

Default avatar user icon
2

Jesus E Soltero (United States) published:

Casual Informal Review-The Mule

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Casual informal review: The Mule (The 2018 one)

Narrator: The Mule (2018) with Clint Eastwood is a remake of the 2014 film, also called The Mule starring Hugo Weaving, this is just the testament of how Hollywood is running out of ideas, and how anything could become a remake despite how recent the movie has released...

Editor: *Whispers*

Narrator: It’s not a remake? So, is it a reboot?

Editor: *Whispers*

Narrator: What how? But...

Default avatar user icon

Brixilebeux (United States) published:

Christopher Robin: A Journey into Childhood Wonder

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Bringing to life A.A. Milne’s beloved childhood characters on the big screen would make some think, as innocent and lovable Winnie the Pooh would say, “Oh, bother,” but Disney’s Christopher Robin took the challenge in stride and was able to create a true masterpiece, a world full of joy, wonder, and a whole lot of imagination that struck the hearts of children and grown-ups everywhere.

The moment I laid my eyes on the trailer for Christopher Robin, I...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Screenshot 20190102 183455
5
1

XMOS MOUTMAYEN (Bangladesh) published:

Humans vs aliens (2019)

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

My alien friend living in Andromeda recently emailed me "chiki muki oo golo molu ¥_¥ oushhs kakee mala chiljsj ℅©©"
TRANSLATION : "hey my friend, how's going? We are doing great here, last night I thought about something. I thought about you guys. your tribe has made so much movies about our species(which is kinda cool BTW) but we haven't watched a single movie about humans ,come on !! Suggest me a good old human based movie , I am...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

Clarissa Pantoja (United States) published:

Film

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Selena
March 31, 1995, a tragedy happened. Selena Quintanilla was shot by Yolanda Saldivar. Selena, the movie, has so far been the most romantic and heart breaking movie. Full of suspense, fear, wonder, jealously and many questions left us thinking. Selena was just starting her life time career from music making and singing, yet due to someone’s selfishness her life ended way to soon at the age of twenty-three. 
Selena was known as the queen of Tejanos music. She was...

Download %281%29

Koda Lynn (United States) published:

The right balloon-A Mary Poppins returns review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

The movie is adorable. It is highly suitable for children. Mary Poppins Returns follows little Michael and Jane through their  years as adults.As they struggle to keep their family home. However, soon the little Micheal and Jane from the original Banks family, are reunited with their long list Nanny, Mary Poppins, who then proceeded to find that Michael, has become just like his father, wanna to know more? Watch Mary Poppins Returns,It shows that being honest and never giving up...

Default avatar user icon

Elias_M (United States) published:

Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood review
What’s up ninja’s? The first thing about this movie is do not under any circumstances go into this movie expecting excellent acting, good story, or crazy plot twists. Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood is a bad movie in all regards, it has bad acting, bad story, and terrible dialogue. The one thing this movie does do that makes it watchable though is that it knows it’s a bad movie, its not trying to be...

Default avatar user icon
2

Malsisbren (United States) published:

Movie Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

The Last Mimzy is a bittersweet, sci-fi experience that leaves us watchers conflicted. While oddly enjoyable, it has its clear flaws and drawbacks that its positives can’t necessarily cover up flawlessly.
Throughout the film, we’re met with a set of characters that have trouble standing out in such a creative plot. Though the items and artifacts are uniquely designed and intriguing, the characters leave us feeling uninterested and even leading some major scenes to be bland. The plot, in itself,...

Default avatar user icon
3

Henry Schmidel (United States) published:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: A Fun, New, and Truly Excellent Spin on our Friendly Neighborhood Webhead

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

If live-action film is a moving photograph, then Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse is a comic book brought to life on the big screen. The unique style of animation, nearly all of which is drawn in the classic comic style, is only the beginning.
The movie was written by Rodney Rothman and Phil Lord, the minds behind 21 Jump Street and The Lego Movie, and is one of few superhero movies, especially animated, to produce characters that feel like real...

Yosemite 6
1

Christy Wisdom (United States) published:

A Hard and Dangerous Task

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Peter Johnson did a dangerous thing. He took a book that was well-loved by fans everywhere and tried to turn it into a movie. We fans are very hard to please; I, for example, am often willing to nitpick about a very minor detail such as the color of a character’s hair. Well, I was impressed when I watched The Fellowship of the Ring Disc One: Extended Edition. This movie was produced by WingNut Films and The Paul Zaentz Company...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Yosemite 6
1

A Hard and Dangerous Task

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Peter Johnson did a dangerous thing (Wikipedia). He took a book that was well-loved by fans everywhere and tried to turn it into a movie. We fans are very hard to please; I, for example, am often willing to nitpick about a very minor detail such as the color of a character’s hair. Well, I was impressed when I watched The Fellowship of the Ring Disc One: Extended Edition. This movie was produced by WingNut Films and The Paul Zaentz...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Yosemite 6
2

A Hard and Dangerous Task

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Peter Johnson, the director of the Lord of the RingsDVD trilogy that came out in 2001-2003, did a dangerous thing (Wikipedia). He took a book that was well-loved by fans everywhere and tried to turn it into a movie. We fans are very hard to please; I, for example, am often willing to nitpick about a very minor detail such as the color of a character’s hair. Well, I was impressed when I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

Casual Informal Review-The Mule

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Narrator: The Mule (2018) with Clint east wood is a remake of the 2014 film, also called The Mule starring Hugo Weaving, this is just the testament of how Hollywood is running out of ideas, and how anything would be reboot or remake despite how recent the movie is…

Editor: *Whispers*

Narrator: it’s not a remake? So, is it a reboot?

Editor: *Whispers*

Narrator: What how?...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1
1

ANDREW MELLO (United States) published:

Vice Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Vice Review

1/14/19
    It wasn’t until I saw a weeping Dick Cheney choking out what was meant to be his dying words that I finally understood why I was so angry with Vice. It took the man until the very end of his life, and the end of the film, to feel the weight of his sins pour out in his tears, and to know that what he had done was wrong.
    Writer and director Adam McKay...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Taehyungggg
1

Emily8648 (United States) published:

A Silent Voice - A Must-See Emotional Journey

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

The movie, A Silent Voice, or in Japanese, Koe no Katachi, is a 2 hour film based on the manga by Yoshitoki Oima. While the manga series ended in 2014, the film adaptation was released in Japan in 2016, 2017 worldwide. Before I continue, I will note that this will be spoiler-free review so if you have not seen the movie yet, you will not be spoiled while reading this review.
         To simplify the plot of the movie: A...

Default avatar user icon

jazminjayme (United States) published:

Mama Mia! Here we go again

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Mama Mia! Here we go again
Mama Mia! A spoiler free review and reveals when a younger Donna and how she went to the small island off Greece. In present time Sophie gets her preparations done for her big event and throughout that time there are flashbacks to young Donna’s life and what she goes through on her past adventure. Young Donna finds her destiny and her purpose for being on that small island and we get to see the...

Default avatar user icon

jazminjayme (United States) published:

Mama Mia! Here we go again

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Mama Mia! Here we go again

Default avatar user icon
1
1

Owen H (Canada) published:

The Martian - Film Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

The Martian (2015)
Directed by Ridley Scott
Screenplay by Drew Goddard based on the novel by Andy Weir
Starring Matt Damon, Jessica Chastain, Jeff Daniels

The Martian is a science fiction film that has a surprising amount of realism. The movie shows the story of astronaut/botanist Mark Watney (Damon) who is left stranded on Mars, after a storm forces his team to abandon him, under the presumption that he is dead.

The film follows three perspectives; Mark Watney's attempt to...

Art lasovsky 559569 unsplash
3
1

trinity_grau@yahoo.com (United States) published:

Life is an Occasion - Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

It's interesting that one of the most profound discussions I've ever heard came from a children's movie. You may be surprised. "A children's movie?" You might ask. And indeed, it is easy to see why. With the cash-grab, shove-them-out, overly colorful and saccharine fare that we're forced to swallow today, you may have a pretty derisive view of children's movies. It's not often that we find cinema aimed at children that actually deals with deep topics that not only...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
2

Graeme Holland (United States) published:

The Black Panther Film Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Millions of years ago, a Vibranium asteroid hits Africa, changing the surrounding area. Five tribes form the country of wakanda, through they do not live peacefully together. They fight for land and the Vibranium underneath. One warrior receives a vision from the panther goddess bast, learning of the heart-shaped herb, a sacred plant that would give him superhuman strength, speed, and instincts. He becomes the first black panther and king of Wakanda, uniting four of the tribes. However, the fifth...

Default avatar user icon
2

thechosenonemico (Philippines) published:

The Favourite- An Intricate, Multi-layered Confection

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Rarely do I ever get to find myself willingly sitting through period films— with all their complex weave of details that tend to be as overwhelming as they are entertaining, flowery dialogues that I frequently lose track of under the thick, posh accents, and obligatory historicalness that seems to appeal to me as much as a stale white bread in the morning— but The Favourite,the latest and the first ever period film by Oscar-nominated Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos, is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon

arantzan (United States) published:

Love, Rosie Movie Review

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

In light of the 2004 romance book 'Where Rainbows End' by Cecilia Ahern, “Love, Rosie” is a story about two individuals Rosie Dunne (Lily Collins) and Alex Stewart (Sam Claflin) who have been best friends since they were small children. The movie starts with both Alex and Rosie as teenagers and it’s told through flashbacks and narration from Rosie. They've known each other for such a long time that they're convinced they’re perfect for one another, however, would never have...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Default avatar user icon
1

PROMPT: Film Review Competition 2019

Rarely do I ever get to find myself willingly sitting through period films— with all their complex weave of details that tend to be as overwhelming as they are entertaining, flowery dialogues that I frequently lose track of under the thick, posh accents, and obligatory historicalness that seems to appeal to me as much as a stale white bread in the morning— but The Favourite,the latest and the first ever period film by Greek director Yorgos Lanthimos, is one...

Seeking Peer Reviews