All writing published for Novel Writing Competition 2018. See Competition

Published writing

Dream
7

Vin (United States) published:

Obligation

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

There should not have been anyone knocking at the door, but someone was, and that was odd.
        No one had knocked on Kharis Altair’s door in the five years she had lived in her house in the mountains, which had been the point of moving there to begin with. It was not really a house, but an old windmill that had been converted and was mostly livable, except in heavy rainstorms. Kharis put up with it because no one ever...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Image
2
1

Marerider (United States) published:

Excerpt from Sage's Best Friend

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

Sage mounted and rode as fast as he could to Leyla’s house. He ran to the door and nocked urgently. Leyla’s mother, Evelyn opened the door. She looked tired and her eyes were red.
    “Ah, you’ve come.”
    “I just found out. How is she?” Evelyn shook her head.
    “Not good.”
    “What did the doctor say.” Sage asked. Evelyn just stared at him. Sage’s head dropped. Stupid question. They didn’t have enough money for a doctor. “May...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6e1f4bb724583b623cc1ae7556172d06
5

FairNoble (United States) published:

The Prince's Gypsy; An Excerpt

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

Succession is the natural way of things. It has been for centuries and will continue until everything in the universe it turned to dust. A ripple in the deep sea turns to a monstrous wave at bay. No such waves reach the capital city of Neipenark. Tucked inside a curved peninsula it may have been hard, but alas it was not impossible. 
    A woman by the name of Vilre sat behind a dark oak plank supported by two spruce barrels....

Seeking Peer Reviews

B493bd15 cb2f 422a 8a56 2193d8b5a721
1
1

pencils.and.paper.roses (United States) published:

Hide and Seek: Chapter One

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2018

Chapter One
“Willow, why aren’t you dressed yet? We’re leaving in half an hour!” Willow’s mother told her, exasperated. Willow pulled herself up off of the couch reluctantly. She was not looking forward to this trip. She’d been informed 2 months ago that they would be traveling to Des Moines, Iowa to help her aunt with her wedding. Having never really met her aunt, except once at a birthday party for someone else she didn’t really know, she was happy...
Seeking Peer Reviews