All writing published for Speech Writing Competition 2018. See Competition

Published writing

Blake (United States of America)() published:

Deleted Piece

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

EDIT: (I wanted to delete this piece but was unable to.)

and-peggy (United States of America)() published:

Identification

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Identify. This is everywhere. Any paperwork you ever have to do for almost anything that has the word "gender" with a line or options next to it, is asking you to identify. Telling you to identify. You don't have a choice. If you want to fill out this paperwork, you have to fill out all the questions, else you can't get the job, or can't get into school. And "gender" isn't a question. It's an invitation for others...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Identification

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Identify. This is everywhere. Any paperwork you ever have to do for almost anything that has the word "gender" with a line next to it, is asking you to identify. Telling you to identify. You don't have a choice. If you want to fill out this paperwork, you have to fill out all the questions, else you can't get the job, or can't get into school. And "gender" isn't a question. It's an invitation for others to discriminate...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

AnonymousWriter (United States of America)() published:

Change

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

I desperately want to see a change in this world. Many changes. I'm only 11 years old and I used to think that because I was a kid, I couldn't make a change. Well, I was wrong. No matter what age you are, you can make some kind of change. It may be positive, or negative. Today, I'm here to tell you, whether you were just born, or whether your 115 years old, you can make a change, you just...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

trinity_grau@yahoo.com (United States of America)() published:

Lets Talk

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

"Most people did not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply." Stephen R. Covey

When was the last time you actually shut up? No, really. When was the last time you actually had a conversation with someone who disagreed with you and actually listened? If you were to talk to a friend right now about an important matter, would you find yourself agreeing with them? Or would...
Seeking Peer Reviews

weeping_witch (Australia)() published:

When

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

When eyes see beauty
When ears hear laughter
When the senses are awakened by the day’s fresh fragrances
When mouths speak only kind and guiding words
When arms embrace
When hands help
When fingers no longer point
when legs march only for peace
When feet dance in joy
When minds unite to creat good
And there is respect for all
Only then will the world be at its best

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

ViSchultz07 (United States of America)() published:

Who am I to you?

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Do you think I’m selfish, closed minded, and judgmental.
That I do no wrong a perfect robot that does what she is told.

You don’t wish to speak to me you think I’ll judge, 
call you a sinner, 
impure, 
a problem. 
You think I’ll say you’re off to hell so call upon the name of Jesus and you will be like me;
a blameless and righteous human being. 

But no, I am just like you. 
I have no right to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Change

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Seeking Peer Reviews

6

Ruthh (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)() published:

School Sucks

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

The education system is shocking. There’s no simpler way to put it! It is far too stressful, far too conforming, far too overwhelming and is ultimately failing to serve its purpose. How many children have you heard actually saying they like school? How many children do you know who eagerly bound up the school steps with no fears or worries about their day? Now ask yourself: how many children cry because of school? How many are too scared to attend?...

1

Nataliachaparro (United States of America)() published:

We Need Better

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Music is a part of our lives. We hear it on the radio, an elevator, or simply just do dance to. When listening to the lyrics of a song instead of the melody, that´s when we find a new meaning to songs. When I was in the 6th grade, I went through my first heartbreak. Or what I thought was heart break. I had a crush on a boy that didn´t like he back, he then started dating my best...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Rutajit Sarkar (India)() published:

Stop Exploitation Against Children

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

"To bring happiness to one’s life -I am a child,
My innocence makes me a child,
Achieving my goals and cherishing Others - I am a child,
My freedom and happiness makes me a child,
Food is what I desire, Love is what I deserve
But when I am thrown out of my house, parents call me a burden,
Instead of toys in my hands, I’m given tools,
Instead of going to school I am given into labor
Instead of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

5
1

LilLove (United States of America)() published:

You Hold A Promise

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

You hold a promise. A promise to the derived, the homeless and to the future of mankind. You hold a promise: that your regrets, your mistakes, your failures, will soon undoubtedly become one of your greatest accomplishments. You hold one to yourself; throwing that promise away only drags you into a pit of anguishes.
                You are the people. We are the people. So, let’s not drive people down to their grave. While some are picking out whether their...

You Hold A Promise

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Seeking Peer Reviews

Pencil+Paper= Endless Opportunities (United States of America)() published:

A Big Happy Family

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

I am still small, not big enough to get a job but just big enough to fit on this site. When I was young I never really had a big happy family. I am a bastard, a person of parents who was never married, they didn't work out so it was just my mom and I. I don't want that for other kids. Having them always wondering where their parents are and when they are going to see them again....

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Grace Renae (United States of America)() published:

Keep Your Opinions Off the Internet

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

I’m sure every one of you has something that you believe in strongly enough to post a rant about on one of your online accounts. Whether it be something as current as abortion, or as historical as the founding fathers’ skewed view of slavery, you most likely think this topic through in the shower, phrase an eloquent way to say it, and formulate defenses for it. Or even if you don’t, you at least think enough to form a solid...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Elias_M (United States of America)() published:

Do we need it?

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Assault weapons. Two words we have heard over and over again in today’s world. Each day, we learn about how many more people assault weapons have killed. As much as I am ashamed to admit it, everytime I see on the news another shooting, 5 killed 10 more wounded, I shrug and say to myself “what else is new?”
    With a quick google search assault is defined as “a physical attack.” So I don't want to debate what...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

BrimKath (United States of America)() published:

Why We Hate Talking About Politics

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Politics. It's one of the topics that we avoid like the plague. Someone mentions a recent federal policy over dinner, and we both look at each other- and quickly change the subject. Or else we have a cursory discussion where nothing real is said- and then we move on. Heaven forbid you start talking about the election at your in-laws house. That never ends well. And no matter where you are, if you say you like talking about politics, half...

CamiWrites (United States of America)() published:

What is the plan for me?

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

How are we, my generation, supposed to feel in place?
We cannot vote to decide the laws we will be the ones to follow
Or for the president which we will face the mistakes of 
How am I supposed to feel as if I was given a place in world?
I feel rushed to decide my choices, make my life, and grow up
Playing two sports is one sport to many these days
I must be the best at one...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

taemang (United States of America)() published:

To the Greed and the Bullet: Go On

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

You claim the mission is to save us, but we are already dead.

From Columbine to Parkland, the infamous cycle continues: surprise, devastation, prayer, neglect. Children, too young to vote and too optimistic of the future, are being killed by not video games, not mental illness, but by persuasion.
People are the tools and guns are the power; each carved bullet is a sign of belligerent strength, the opportunity to kill any living being for one’s own pleasure. But, is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

JasonL (United States of America)() published:

The problem with games and their effect on children's social lives

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Audio Link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ah79yMx6NZZLo8hlU_gYEFxK6lGqGuoI/view
    Every day Ninja gets on and gets up to one-hundred thousand concurrent viewers and has over 10 million followers. This means that children from all over North America are constantly following what this person with a blue dyed hair does for a living. Ninja has announced that he is currently making half a million dollars a month. This has been the latest trend and countless children seem to be playing video games too, and sometimes it...

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Every day Ninja gets on and gets up to one-hundred thousand concurrent viewers and has over 10 million followers. This means that children from all over North America are constantly following what this person with a blue dyed hair does for a living. Ninja has announced that he is currently making half a million dollars a month. This has been the latest trend and countless children seem to be playing video games too, and sometimes it seems like children might...

Puppet Paint (United States of America)() published:

Christian Moms

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

I love Christians. I'm not a Christian, but I love them, because only a Christian mom stops on a dusty cracked road, the closest thing besides factories being a strip club and liquor store, to ask a 15-year old girl with a backpack why she's walking, if she know the area, if she needs a ride. And others might be curious. One even called me a soldier girl, marching all day. But I wondered if true Christians possessed some sort...

Seeking Peer Reviews

AudienceOfOne (United States of America)() published:

Slipping Time

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

When I go to bed at night, after a busy day, I realize how fast it had gone. It's as if it was just seconds before I had been falling asleep last night, waiting for morning to come. It seems as if just minutes ago I was doing my homework, or going to practice, or checking out a book at the library. Only moments ago was the sun rising, and now it's fading into the distance. I watch the...
Seeking Peer Reviews

MSW2 (United States of America)() published:

Price Controls on Medical Products

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

Last year a man named Alec Raeshawn Smith, who had type two diabetes, a chronic disease that changes the processing of sugar, needed to reduce his insulin dosage to extend the amount of insulin that he had for longer. He was 26 and had just been cut from his parents insurance plan, when he was found dead in Minneapolis. When his mother was obtaining his insulin and glucose she was told it would cost $1,300. Because the price for insulin...

1

Emily8648 (United States of America)() published:

The Importance of Mental Health

PROMPT: Speech Writing Competition 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4AJTS3Bty4    According to the World Health Organization, one out of four people in the world will suffer from a type of mental illness at some time during their life. Did you know that currently about 450 millionpeople suffer from mental illness? Did you know that it can affect ALL ages? Most people probably don’t even think about mental illness unless it is mentioned on the news, or if they suffer with it themselves! Mental health should NOT...