All writing published for Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018. See Competition

Published writing

1

Hestia100 (United States) published:

The Monster of Room 207

PROMPT: Monster Flash Fiction Competition 2018

“I firmly believe I’ve lost my mind.” The teacher declared, snatching her knit handbag off the computer table and clutching it to her chest. In one fluid motion, she was on her feet and hobbling towards the door. She was halfway through the door frame when she turned around and pointed her crooked, wrinkled finger back at all of us. Her gaze found each of our faces for a brief second before it moved on to the next victim. Every...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

r.r.v_ (United States) published:

Black Robes

I am a monster whispered through clenched teeth, scared eyes, balled-up fists.  Many tales have woven lies about what I can do--downplaying the power that I have, as if to reassure themselves that they can face me and win.  
    But let me tell you this.
    Forget what they have told you, because I am worse.
    I am a fear that grasps onto its victim like a python slowly suffocating its prey.  I am destruction and wrath and anger...

neo7v (United States) published:

The Beasts of High School

I should have been scared. The heavy thumps along the wooden floorboards. The hissed sounds filling the air in a cacophony of screeching until I'm forced to snuffle the noise with my hands. The lights glaring down at me as if I'm the one in the wrong here. This beast is breathing down my neck and its name is high school.

Is it a beast or a savior? The titanic or a lifeboat? What I do know is that high...

Seeking Peer Reviews

LarryMatoyo (Tanzania, United Republic of) published:

The Creatures

Luke awakened with a sudden jolt. His peaceful dream was interrupted by a thud on the roof. He hoped it wasn’t one of them, the arachnid-men, menacing mutated humans with eight limbs, eight eyes, sharp pincers and hair all over that terrorized the night, searching for fresh meat. He was the only guy with the cure for these monsters, yet they always seemed to be one step ahead.
He waited in silence, praying that nothing would sense his thundering heartbeat...

Seeking Peer Reviews

katee (United States) published:

From the Smoke Comes

Using the storm as a cover, Arielle snuck away despite their forewarnings. It was no surprise that she ended up at the base of the volcano, with an electrified tornado-like cloud surrounded the top. From it, a dark cloud, oddly resembling a person, floated towards Arielle.
    Arielle tried to run, but the scalding hot cloud enveloped her entirely. She let out a piercing scream that could be heard for miles. The smoke infiltrated her body, burning her from the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

howlnground (United States) published:

fdgdfg

dfgdfgdg

1

LindenMWood (Australia) published:

PASSED

THE BEGINNING
Honor is dying. She doesn't want to admit it. She is battling her own monsters. Learning to defeat them. She knows she can't. From now, every day is worse than the last. The one truth that she begs not to hear is long-awaiting her. She knows she won't last in this world. But still, she can hope. This is a world full of demons, both literally and figuratively. This particular demon is commonly known as ”cancer”. A cliché...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Roro Vienna (Philippines) published:

Claustrophobic

It's gloomy in here, lonely, and dusty. It's always been like this, making our skin dark and cold. I've never seen myself in a mirror, but I can feel myself, covered in scales with something wet, seeping out of the ridges. I wish I can smell your blood, but I can't smell, only see and feel. This place is tiresome, it's limited of space. I need to get out.

I could be residing in the corners of your room. Or...

Seeking Peer Reviews

10

MyShotPotter (United States) published:

The Real Monster

There is a monster in this world. I did not make it up, and it is hiding among us, waiting to strike. This monster can take the lives of seventeen people in six minutes and twenty seconds. This monster is available for any legal adult in this world to harness and use for their own purposes. This monster can ruin a person's life when all they have done is come in contact with one. This monster has no will, no...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Blake Lee (United States) published:

Monster Wolf of the Alps

I have heard this legend that has been passed down from generation to generation. It is said that a great wolf lives in the Alps. He is a great protector of lost travelers, but he is the worst nightmare of those who try to hunt this beast. Legends say that he is a british colombia wolf the size of a horse. He can speek all the languages of the world that way he can talk and help the...

1

mackyboy (United States) published:

Looking for Love!

I just want everyone to know that I am FULLY aware I smell like a rat that got caught in a trap a few weeks ago, and that my father, the demon Kulo'roiq, was not around for the formative years of my life. I have twelve arms (eighteen if you count the ones on my head) and my breath exudes from my lips with the energy to power twenty thousand Puerto Rican office buildings. In my native realm...

Seeking Peer Reviews

zaid ilyas (India) published:

Wenidgo

It flow in air with a thunderous crack which can make you bleed to your death and it comes when the birds fly away shrieking with terror into the horizon. we too make birds fly and it is most embarrassing thing for me to got announced by someone other than my claw after waiting for many hour in smearing sun, just because some sharp eyed bird saw you, and then there go your pray to live another day.It comes when...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Lusername456 (India) published:

Her Creation

She entered into a realm of her sorrows, her creation, she never meant to make, but she kept pushing people away.
    "Hello?" She called someone, anyone, to reply, but there was no answer. In fact, there was no sound but her own. She was utterly alone as her heart ached to know she did this.

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Sunflower (United States) published:

The Monsters You Make

`        Is your monster your own flesh and blood?
Hello, my name is Kevin. I'm a 13-year old boy and I have been scared of myself for years now. Not spastically myself, but the monster that lives inside me. His name is Alex. My mother told me that I consumed him in the womb, but how does that explain the voices I hear? It's not all that bad when I get lonely he talks to me, but when he talks to me too...

Her Majesty Of Mordor (United States) published:

Untitled

The average child laughs about three hundred times a day, and oh, how she loved to laugh.
    No one had any idea from where or why the bodies of young children came, but she knew. Grinning deliriously, eyes gleaming, she'd pounce on the unsuspecting girls.
    She laughed at the little officers frantically running around in their intimidating uniforms, laughed at the newspaper's “Monster in the Night”, laughed at the weeping families gathered around the near-unidentifiable corpses. It’s not like...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

seb (United States) published:

In the Light of Day

We spent so much time being afraid of what was in the shadows, that never did we think we’d have to fear the light. It seems so obvious in retrospect--no longer trusting the world we lived in, neither the light nor the darkness safe--we began to tear life as we knew it apart. It wasn’t until we, for the first time, saw our bloodstained hands and began to take a look at the world around us that we realized...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

mysterious_writer13 (United States) published:

My Friendly Monster

The monster hid out under my bed, in the closet, and even in the corner of my room. Hiding in the darkness as I laid there trembling in fear. Monsters are evil and cruel. I always ran to my father once I saw the vileness monster, but he never believed me. "Grow a pair", "Go to bed", and "Be quiet i'm trying to sleep" my dad would say.
    Ever since my mom died My father never even talked to me....
Seeking Peer Reviews

Michael Larson (United States) published:

Who is the Monster?

So, you want to hear my story now, do ya? Well sit down and don't close your eyes, for you might miss what you want to hear this cold and lonely night. It was my youth. Ahhh, they were the times I knew nothing but could do anything. How did those people end up in a ditch, I don't know. Maybe I had something to do with it, maybe I didn't.

They chained and locked me up. Questioned for hours...

1

Who is the Monster?

So you want to hear a story now, do ya? Well sit down and don't close your eyes, for a fright befalls you this cold lonely night. It was me youth. Ahhh, they were the times I knew nothing but could do anything. How did those people end up in a ditch, I don't know. Maybe I had something to do with it, maybe I didn't. They chained and locked me up. Questioned for hours on end. A bright light...

1

PastelUnicorn03 (United States) published:

Calypso's Mystery

Once upon a time, some children were at a sleepover, bored out of their minds. There was the twins, Sam and Max. Lilian, whose basement they were in. And finally Calypso. She was Lilian’s little sister and she didn’t talk much. Nobody really knew much about Calypso, but when the power went out and she started glowing everyone freaked out.
    “Uhhhhh, Calypso, why are you glowing?” Max asked, kind-of-worried.
    “Who knows?” was the only reply.
***********************************************************************************************************
                                                                                    20...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Calypso's Mystery

“Who knows?” was the only reply.
************************************************************************************************************************************************************
                                                                                    20...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Glift (United States) published:

It Came From Hell Shrouded In Heaven

The heady smell of putrid wounds lingered about the drab desiccation of the once-bright city. A group of mangy survivors sifted through offices and homes; their grubby hands scoured and scrunched through items of all sorts: the precious, the personal, the peculiar, whatever might be found within easy access. A small child, a boy of no more than eight, pushed aside a rotting bed post to crawl into the little space beneath the collapsed wall. He'd just barely...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

AlinaVelvick (United States) published:

The Looking Glass

She looks at me
And I at her.
Her smile is wicked and twisted,
Mine is lovely and sweet.
Her eyes are dark and full of hatred,
Mine are full of life and wonder.
She stands in a valley of death,
I stand in a valley of life,
How could we be the same person,
When we are nothing alike?

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Rylee Hunter (United States) published:

The Monsters Within

"You can't do anything right!" he yelled. I slumped down onto the floor and fought back tears that were threatening my eyes. He was right. I could never do anything right . Even though my parents have divorced he still threatens us. Whenever I go to visit him he always tells me it is my fault. And I believe every word. After a few minutes he was called away by the officer. "Thank god" I thought. The visitation was over and I was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Rae Lynn (United States) published:

The Monster Only Comes When I'm Alone

The monster is a big hole or so it seems to all who look at it. The monster looks like a black hole and sucks in each memory that makes you happy so you are left with nothing, but pure despair. His dark black eyes stare into yours and make you feel ashamed when you have done nothing wrong. His harsh words remind you of every cruel thing that has ever been said to you when all you did...

Seeking Peer Reviews