All writing published for Solastalgia

Published writing

1

paperbird (United States) published:

Robin

PROMPT: Solastalgia

One fresh March maybe five years ago, we paraded around in the already-sticky weather, licking ice cream sandwiches and talking gaily about matters only relevant to second graders.  We were close, clique-y, and extremely imaginative, for better or worse.  We had an array of odd games––one day, we were part of a wolf pack; the next day we were warrior cats, and the day after that we were stray dogs that performed at rock concerts and lived in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

flappycat89 (United States) published:

Lost Turtle

PROMPT: Solastalgia

At an early age of only 8 years, I did not expect to wake up to a beautiful tortoise in my backyard. With news that my family had just purchased a tortoise to make our home more, "lively" I was in shock. I remember thinking, "How can a stupid turtle, change my life, or even more magnificent, make it more lively. The worst part was, I had to wake up every morning to let my tortoise eat and walk around. That was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Aaliyah (United States) published:

Transformed

PROMPT: Solastalgia

Camouflaged in the white world around him, the snow-white bundle of fur moved stealthily by the lakeside. There it was . . swimming just in the shallow water. A white paw reached in, and there was a meal. Then a doze by the lake, with white confetti pouring all around.
Generations later . . .
It was getting warm. Not a drastic change by any means, but he could feel it in his bones. Everything was just a tiny bit...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

.audrey michelle. (United States) published:

The Change............Meaning Breakups...................

PROMPT: Solastalgia

We all expierence changes in our lives that make us feel physical pain.  But what about the emotional and mental pain?  When one says, "Pain," we tend to think about how it hurt their body.  But what about their brain and heart?  We all expierence the most pain in the brain and heart, but it's the emotional and mental pain.
    Now, this prompt tells you to write about an event that has changed you.  Well, I'm going...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

Unapologetic Regret (Australia) published:

The Stakes Of Denial

PROMPT: Solastalgia

Do you remember the days when the sun was a friend and not an enemy? Back when we could let the waves wash over our feet, screaming with delight and shock, without having to worry about the perils of sunburn. When U and V were just consecutive letters in the alphabet, instead of deathly rays with the power to creep under our skin and kill us from inside out. When only a long day spent out on the coast warranted...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3

M. Elyse Lynch (Australia) published:

Summer

PROMPT: Solastalgia

You can always smell smoke. And although it is never near enough to cause panic, you can see it billowing out from the hills and the mountains, and you can watch as it turns the sky black.

it usually occurs in Summer, where the heat has become so terrible that it is dangerous to go outside. The temperature only seems to rise with each passing year. I fear that eventually, we’ll no longer have a Winter. And Winter is my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

RedWriter (United States) published:

Solastalgia

PROMPT: Solastalgia

What happened to those snow angels?
Did they all fly away?
While I've no silky dress or bangles,
I again want to have that day.

Where did the crisp winds
Of fall whip past me?
Of the people drinking from mugs and collecting in tins
Where would all of that be?

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

FairNoble (United States) published:

Solastalgia

PROMPT: Solastalgia

The bright waves from the sun seep down on us;
burning our backs and drying out the fields.
We brush away any thought it was us;
The sun is getting bigger,
The world has been warmer,
t's just entering a heat wave.
But at the end of the day;
It's our factories;
Our waste;
Our cars;
Our bombs;
That cause this heat;
that scorches our backs.

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Kaitlyn ❄ (United States) published:

Solastalgia

PROMPT: Solastalgia

I live in Minnesota. I live in the place that is famous for it's weather. The constant ever-changing weather. But Minnesota is no desert. The hottest I've seen it get is maybe in the high 90's and I don't think I've seen it hit 100. I'm no weather lady however and I can't be sure, of course.

This state is weather crazy but Minnesota is well known for its cold harsh winters. Me and my siblings run outdoors all of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

LyraLynne (United States) published:

What Climate Change has Done to me.

PROMPT: Solastalgia

When I was young, winter was a magical place. Freezing cold, but that was the best part.
Now, it is January 26th, and it is 51 degrees Fahrenheit, with a completely blue, clear sky. 

When I was young, I could go out on any day, and play in the thick snow for hours.
Now, there's tiny patches of dirt-ridden snow on the edge of the street and no snow coming.

We used to have snow days every week or two,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

11
1

Hanan Adi (Germany) published:

For a Little Girl Long-Gone

PROMPT: Solastalgia

I
There was once a little girl I knew. She used to play on a plot of sand near our suburban house.
She played alone. No one minded her.
Like a spider she played, clambering over the mounds, creeping through clumps of dry brush here and there, her long skinny limbs browning like bright fruit in the sun. Her eyes, round and open, swallowed the world from behind the fringe of her thick black hair.
Alert as a jackrabbit.
Every...
Seeking Peer Reviews

6

Gabriel Goodwin (Philippines) published:

Green Mango Tree

PROMPT: Solastalgia

The eldest of our creations, a green mango tree, had to be cut down today. It was due to the possibility of it catching fire from the summer heat. It was because the sun had grown hot enough, and the atmosphere thinned out enough, for a normal summer day to cause wildfires in your own suburban setting. And it was also because of this reason, that most trees around the city were cut down. Shrubs, bushes and tall grass was...

Seeking Peer Reviews