All writing published for Album Review Competition 2018. See Competition

Published writing

Nashamyahbriggs (Israel) published:

sound

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

To some people music is something u just
hear every once in a while,  but to me it's my 
life and to some people it's there culture to sing and dance.
all my life I've been surrounded by so many talented people who understand 
the meaning of music .music is an expression of feelings and emotions ,people put into 
there  music. There are many people in our world today who don't  seem to understand
that everything you hear has a story behind...

NoName (United States) published:

E

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

LondonCats (United States) published:

Gemini

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

War. Peace. War to achieve peace. Peace spiraling back into a war.
    Human societies have adopted and then adapted to these circumstances from the beginning of our species. We fight for our beliefs and battle our neighbors turned enemies. We bomb the innocents to reach those in power. We sell loaded weapons to teens who in turn spin around and shoot up their own schools. Hundreds of murdered classmates who could've been their friends. Dead daughters...

Seeking Peer Reviews

RedWriter (United States) published:

Pink Shoe Laces

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Dodie Stevens is a talented singer and storyteller- and you know that because she has managed to keep people's attention since the late 1950s and early 1960s. Dodie was very young when this was written, not even really a teenager, so you enter the world of a young girl who has constant emotions, thoughts, flirtations, romance and heartbreaks.Old-fashioned, yet ever relevant, Pink Shoe Laces has many things to be proud of.
I was sitting in the front of my car when it came...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

William Willman (United States) published:

David Bowie- Space Oddity

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

David Bowie was an icon of music from the 70's to the days before his death. Having released 25 studio albums, ranging from 1967 to 2016, he is well know for songs such as Space Oddity, Starman, and Let's Dance. Today I will be reviewing one of his oldest albums, Space Oddity. Originally released in the UK under the name David Bowie in 1969, it received average reviews from critics.. For this, most tracks will be taken from the...

Ferrah24 (United States) published:

Brave Enough

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Most albums I listen to, there is always at least one song I don't like. In Doowops and Hooligans, it's "Our First Time", and in Warmer in the Winter, I disliked "I Saw Three Ships." But, I listened to one album and enjoyed every single song, from "Lost Girls" to "Gavi's Song". It is called Brave Enough. Lindsey Stirling wrote this album in 2016, with the help of Christina Perri, Andrew McMahon, and many others who accompanied her in several...

Ferrah24 (United States) published:

Brave Enough

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Most albums I listen to, there is always at least one song I don't like. In Doowops and Hooligans, it's "Our First Time", and in Warmer in the Winter, I disliked "I Saw Three Ships." But, I listened to one album and enjoyed every single song, from "Lost Girls" to "Gavi's Song". It is called Brave Enough. LIndsey Stirling wrote this album in 2016, with the help of Christina Perri, Andrew McMahon, and many others who accompanied her in several...

Seeking Peer Reviews

RedWriter (United States) published:

Pink Shoe Laces

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Seeking Peer Reviews

ZaQim Wilson (American Samoa) published:

Humble beast album review

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

5. EVERYTHING 
On ‘Everything’, Herbo draws out all the things he likes getting into in his life: Drugs, trickin’ women, eating expensive food, and spending money recklessly. The approach that Herbo uses on the track reminds me of some vintage Juvenile, where that n—a used to chastise listeners by using the same word after every single bar. 
Uzi is featured on the song, and I think he drops one of his best verses of all time (Trust Me). There is...

Seeking Peer Reviews

head's in the clouds (Canada) published:

Wild "Wild World" - Bastille Album Review

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

As the new year has rolled in, we often take to looking back the previous year. More often than not these days we tend to find many things we wish we could ignore, that we want to ignore. From the media to the emotions and losses we experience; the world is truly wild. Bastille's album, Wild World, is a reflection of the past, present and future. Many of us often turn to music as an escape, however while listening to...

1

RedWriter (United States) published:

Pink Shoe Laces

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Dodie Stevens is a talented singer and storyteller- and you know that because she has managed to keep people's attention since the late 1950s and early 1960s. Dodie was very young when this was written, not even really a teenager, so you enter the world of a young girl who has constant emotions, thoughts, flirtations, romance and heartbreaks. Hearing this album is like no other one- she not only has a beautiful voice, but this is put together that express in sequence her...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Meghanchang (United States) published:

Ed Sheeran's Divide

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Ed Sheeran’s Divide is a collection of powerful songs that unite to create a beautifully told, emotionally powerful love story. Each song in the album acts as a single thread or moment, having their unique story to tell. This love story doesn’t just cover one aspect of love; it expands to not only relationships but other memories as well. Through originality and personal experiences, a most beautiful love story emerges.
    Part of what makes this album so heartfelt is his...

ryandogoldogol (United States) published:

"Legend" (1984) - Bob Marley

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Legend. 

A fitting name for such an impactful album. Bob Marley's lilting collection of songs contains the irony and blissfulness of the Caribbean islands and its history. Filled with the gleaming sounds of smile-inducing steel drums and unrelenting bongos, this international icon of reggae has been pivotal in spreading Jamaican culture and life across the globe while also touching the hearts of countless. Aspects of international influence aside, Marley's Legend provides the listener with images of oppression, slavery,...

Haley C. (United States) published:

An Iconic Album for an Iconic Man - Here's Little Richard by Little Richard

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Here’s Little Richard, an iconic album by an iconic man. Georgia nativist, Richard Wayne Penniman a.k.a. Little Richard was a hit artist in the 1950’s, his breakout soundtrack being Here’s Little Richard. Richard grew up in the smalltown of  Macon, Georgia, which was about 85 miles from Atlanta. He grew up in a large family but was kicked out of his house at  the age of 13 because he came out as homosexual. Little Richard grew up having...

2
1

Autumn Finch (United States) published:

Album Review: Beck's Colors

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Beck offers a celebration of love and life with the upbeat, pop-influenced sound of his new album Colors. His first thoroughly up-tempo record since 1999's Midnite Vultures, Colors will have both longtime Beck fans and mainstream listeners tapping their feet and smiling a little bigger. The title track starts the album off on a high note as an unnamed woman, presumably his partner Marissa Ribisi, encourages us to look around and notice how bright, beautiful, and colorful the world is....

Seeking Peer Reviews

miranda.razzi (United States) published:

Gemini by Macklemore

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Introduction
    Rap. It has become so popular amongst teenagers and younger generations alike that it influences so much of how many people create morals for themselves and conduct themselves in their day-to-day lives. It is because of this, rap artists have become some of the biggest influencers in the music scene. One of these is influencers is Macklemore. To me, Macklemore is different. He doesn’t rap about money and girls or fill his social media with photos of him living...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Aly (Bulgaria) published:

The End Is Where We Begin

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

I'm guessing everyone has had a times when they are feeling down and have almost given up. Not seeing the point of life and feeling like they are failing everything, they're failing life. I'm no difference. I've had such moments. But after such moments there are moments when you feel like you can do everything. Like when you achieve something and you know you can achieve other things too and you get motivated to actually follow your goals and do...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Sophia H (United States) published:

Review of Divide by Ed Sheeran

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Ed Sheeran, the well-known singer-songwriter from Halifax, UK is quite possibly one of the most well known and definitely the most listened to artist right now. He has had 2 number one songs, “Shape of You”, and “Perfect”, both on his newest album,➗, pronounced Divide. Along with top number one songs, He also has 6 songs that have reached the top ten. He became known when he was discovered on social media by rapper, Example, and was the opening of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Jordyn Miller (United States) published:

Harry Styles 'Harry Styles' Album Review

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Nobody quite knew what to expect when former One Direction member, Harry Styles, announced his debut self titled album. The album, written and produced completely in Jamaica has influences of Prince, David Bowie and Pink Floyd and it is safe to say, that listeners were instantly hooked. Harry Stylesis nothing like the albums of the boyband Styles was previously a part of. He seemed to ditch the pop and go for something more authentic and unique. Every single song...

Steven Lu (United States) published:

Dancing about Architecture: a Review on Shostakovich's Fifth

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

How do you describe instrumental music, what it means and does? Odd as the metaphor sounds, it's like dancing about architecture: any verbal or written description of such music makes little to zero sense. Yet this review worked its way quite easily through my fingers into print. That's because Dmitri Shostakovich's works can be described as creative yet convoluted, brilliant yet baffling. Although other composers, such as Bach and Mozart, were more elegant, and others such as Beethoven are more...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

RZar (Austria) published:

Saturation III: Merging Boybands and Hip-Hop

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Hip-Hop is an ever-growing landscape. With both aspiring rappers and mainstream rappers releasing hours worth of music, it can be hard to stand out; "America's favourite boy-band," BrockHampton does just that. Founded in 2014 by Kevin Abstract, BrockHampton quickly gained recognition within the hip-hop genre for their outstanding production and provocative lyrics. BrockHampton actively rebels against the status quo. With 14 diverse members, they manage to make every track they release different and to express their personalities through...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Nicolas Luciano (United States) published:

obZen Album Review

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

obZen is the 6th studio album of the metal band Meshuggah. Meshuggah is a Swedish experimental metal band. They are credited for the creation of the sub genre of metal known as "djent". Many try to recreate the sound that Meshuggah has been known for, but even with their newest album "The Violent Sleep of Reason" they are still on top of the game. obZen is one of their "experimental" albums, which means that it has...

Seeking Peer Reviews

Madelyn Boyle (United States) published:

Life Changes- Thomas Rhett

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Maddie Boyle
Mr.Meile
Period 8,9
1/12/17
    Not many people are into country music. They always think it sounds the same or has the same story behind it. Someone who changes the way country is seen is Thomas Rhett. What most people like about Thomas Rhett is how he branches out and shows people how different country is. He shows the good taste and inspiration in this type of music. His songs are usually in the top 20 on Billboard charts....

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Wasif Labib (United States) published:

Culture

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

When someone is listening to mainstream hip-hop, most of the time they aren't listening to it to become inspired, or for any deep lyrics that may convey an overall meaning. There are always exceptions, but most of the time people listen to hip hop for how it sounds. Migos is one of the most popular hip hop groups out there, with their album "Culture" debuting at number one on the Billboard Top 200, which ranks the top albums each week....

Seeking Peer Reviews

Adriana A (United States) published:

Review of Me Deje Llevar by Christian Nodal

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2018

Ever since Christian Nodal released his single Adios Amor on January 13th 2017, he has become the sensation in Regional Mexican Music. Adios Amor is part of his first released album  Me Deje Llevar.
Me Deje Llevar is his first career album, it is a mix of mariachi and norteño music or as he calls it “mariacheño”.The reason why I like this album is because it has helped me a lot. Like everyone else I  have had love problems and...