All writing published for Regrets of a Thief

Published writing

3

Mallorie Cheves (United States) published:

The Shadows of Remorse

PROMPT: Regrets of a Thief

Christian anxiously tapped his pencil against the desk, uttering the aggravating percussion that students were too drowsy to address. He knew what to expect when Mrs. Keith's phone rang; he imagined the scenario vividly. "Christian Sandstedt, the guidance office would like to have a word with you." The immature guys in the back of the room would utter a soft, "Ooooh, he's busted." He would overlook them, of course, but the thought raced through his head and made it impossible...

The Shadows of Remorse

PROMPT: Regrets of a Thief

5
1

Ash (United States) published:

Evan's Epiphany

PROMPT: Regrets of a Thief

Life just sucked.

That was the thought that entered Evan Parker's mind as he dashed underneath the nearby awning covering the bench at the train stop just before the rain, like everything else in his life, got worse. Who the hell even took the train anymore? There were thousands of cars, buses, subways, even bikes for the eco-friendly; it wasn't necessary anymore, was it?

He laid his head in his hands and used them to slowly rub away the migraine...