All writing published for Interview Competition 2017. See Competition

Published writing

2

Write the future, change the world (United States) published:

A look at a 45-year-olds thoughts

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Memories and thoughts from My dad. I think it's awesome to get a feel for what my life might have been like if I was born earlier.
What is your earliest memory? Running through a window at the eyeglass shop and cutting my face.

Can you elaborate that story?. When I was 3 or 4-years-old I was with my mom at the eyeglass shop (she was getting her glasses adjusted). Once she was done I thought it would be...

Seeking Peer Reviews

WritingCat (South Africa) published:

My Wonderful experience

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Thirteen years ago a fiery tempest arose in the soul of a young child. This monsoon was fuelled through the interwoven qualities from her ambitious Russian heritage, as well as the unending endurance and persistence from her South African origins. This force ignited a fuse of which intensity was infinity; a desire to be unsurpassable. Thus Katja trained herself till her strength, mind, fitness and flexibility started to rival some of the finest.
As every sport instructor does, they drill...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4

Apples Rodriguez (United States) published:

All Figured Out

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

“What’s the best advice you can give me?” I asked. I was sitting by the desk of my high school English teacher, Suzanne Fabbi.

She hummed thoughtfully and busied herself shuffling papers, searching or organizing – Moving about the way teachers do. “I would say that education is important because without it, life is pretty hard,” she carefully advised, “You need to use your mind more, but also take time to do the things you enjoy doing.

“Obviously you value...

MotherRhea (United States) published:

Interviewing a Friend

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_-XBbh2BCWf2Sarb8xZmZzL2GtnwXYJDDIwEPBgE428/edit?usp=sharing   

Seeing this prompt, I had no idea what to do. Firstly, I moved away from what I called home for 12 years recently. I had no friends here, and I didn't want to interview a family member. Secondly, I assumed I had learned all I needed to learn about my friends. I ended up texting three of my friends asking if I could interview them because at least one would give me the inspiration to write a...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

CT (United States) published:

Everyday Insight

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Humans crave social connection. However, one fact that is often overlooked is that the smallest relationship that we form with everyday people, some that we see as strangers, are the ones that keep us sane. These are the people that you see every day: the barista that takes your coffee order, the custodian in your office building, or the guy that you nod to every time you see him on the bus. It turns out that we often forget...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Anyar (United States) published:

Reviewing Life in America

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

I interviewed my neighbor and family friend, a stay-at-home mother with three kids. We talked at first in her yard while she pushed her baby on the swing set, took a break to get her son off the bus, and resumed the interview inside as she simultaneously sorted out his homework. She speaks with a Cambodian accent and grammar that I tend to attribute to Khmer-speakers who learned English as a second language.

A: So you wanted to ask me...
Seeking Peer Reviews

10

EAurora (United Kingdom) published:

Recovery

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

When were you first diagnosed with anorexia?
I think my mum suspected it in Year 5, but I was officially diagnosed with it at the beginning of Year 6 by my psychiatrist, Audrey. She gives a visible shudder and I lean in, intrigued.

What did you think of Audrey?
I would say that, in all my life, she is the only person I have ever hated. In my state of denial she seemed almost like a fairy tale villain...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

Aaliyah (United States) published:

A New Friend

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Narratives about good friends and comrades make good, interesting stories to read for the young audience. So that is why, the interview below was transcribed, after I interviewed one of my new friends. I was feeling lonely, because I am new to the United States, and it was difficult going to a new school. I felt overwhelmed by so many new faces, and they all seemed so different from the children in India. I didn’t have any friends at first....
Seeking Peer Reviews

Shanti (New Zealand) published:

The Rules of Rohan

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Shanti: Hi Rohan. First of all, can you tell me what you consider to be the three most important things about yourself?
Rohan: Probably sports, humor and [long pause] and justice.
S:What kind of humor?
R: I think humor is an important thing. Like practical jokes are funny and puns.
S: Do you consider yourself an interesting person?
R: I'm pretty sure everyone considers themselves interesting. I guess I'm an interesting person because I'm interested in stuff, and I try...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

MaloneTime (Ireland) published:

One Hundred Years of Culture

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

An interview with my grandmother.

How was life when you were in school? Was it different to how it is for me?

Obviously, it was more religious. We attended mass much more often than I think you do. I know you do still have sisters teaching you, but only one or two. We onlyhad the nuns, and they were horrible! They'd pull you up for anything. It was a different era indeed. We'd no internet as well, just the...
Seeking Peer Reviews

Andrew Wilson (United States) published:

Interview with my dad

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Andrew Wilson
Grade 8
My dad was a surfer growing up. He was born in Colorado, but his dad was born in Kaunakakai on the island of Molokai in Hawaii. He moved to Colorado for college and returned to Hawaii to teach. My dad moved there with him. In the beginning my dad played baseball and other sports your average kid would play, but my dad went and surfed for the first time. He was really scared because he heard...

Aaliyah (United States) published:

A New Friend

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Seeking Peer Reviews

Aaliyah (United States) published:

A New Friend

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

AimenKM (United Arab Emirates) published:

The Concepts of Growth and Change Explored by a Teenager Living in Today's World

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

AN INTERVIEW WITH MY SCHOOL'S DEPUTY HEAD BOY

- What do the words growth and change mean to you?

The word growth to me is something that’s very closely related to the term “blossoming”.

Humans to me are like flowers. Over time, there’s a process through which through the people we meet and the things we do, we are able to grow and blossom into something bold and beautiful. I think that that bold and beautiful can come at any...
Seeking Peer Reviews

6

Angelina Nguyen (Australia) published:

The Socratic Method and the Fourth Dimension

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Teaching my younger sister about The Fourth Dimensional Theory using a traditional method of only asking questions;

-          Is everything made up of something? (…Yes.)
-          Okay, focusing specifically in the area of mathematics and science, would you say that everything has dimensions? (I think so.) Could you give me an example? (I mean, everything must have dimensions. This pencil has dimensions.)
-          What does not have any dimensions? (Nothing? A dot.)
-          If we connect multiple, as you say...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1
1

m, (Hong Kong) published:

An Interview with a High School Teacher

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

“Why did you first start teaching?”
“I first started teaching in 1990, because of a friend’s recommendation. At that time I was a sports coach, teaching swimming and martial arts in after school hours. During school hours, I had to go to the company’s office and do some administration work. The days ended up being very long. I went to the office in the morning, around nine, began working in schools when they finished for the day, around three until...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

m, (Hong Kong) published:

An Interview with a High School Teacher

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

“Why did you first start teaching?”
“I first started teaching in 1990, because of a friend’s recommendation. At that time I was a sports coach, teaching swimming and martial arts in afterschool hours. During school hours, I had to go to the company’s office and do some administration work. The days ended up being very long. I went to the office in the morning, around nine, began working in schools when they finished for the day, around three until around...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1

A look at a 45-year-olds thoughts

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Memories and thoughts from My dad. I think its awesome to get a feel for what my life might have been like if I was born earlier.

Seeking Peer Reviews

A look at a 45-year-olds thoughts

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Seeking Peer Reviews

PRiNCioLoGY (Nigeria) published:

The Tragic Goldmine Interview

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

I am Prince, my father owns a school. I grew up with the knowledge of the trials, tribulations, worries, qualms, suspicions, pangs and uncertainties of owning a school; as well as the joy, blessing, elation and prosperities it brings. All I can say now is that it is quite challenging, demanding, perplexing and somewhat interesting to own one. But yet, I think owning a school is not as tiresome as teaching in it. Teaching is not the work for a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Deena Yu-Fawcett (Australia) published:

The Rational Irrationality

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

“So my question is,”
I said to my teacher after class. Behind me, students converged together to get through the small exit to the alluring sunshine. It had not touched this room in years, and the surfaces it touched seemed to hiss.
Sir worked in this room day and night, teaching and working on his own projects. He almost blended into the walls splashed with sawdust and scraped from misused machinery. The only thing that wasn’t rough about him was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2

A look at a 45-year-olds thoughts

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Seeking Peer Reviews

1

A look at a 45-year-olds thoughts

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

• Memories and thoughts from My dad. I think its awesome to get a feel for what my life might have been like if I was born earlier.
What's an ordinary day in your life? Describe. I get up, eat breakfast, Do my bible study, eat lunch, go to work, come home late at night and go back to sleep.
Can you describe in...
Seeking Peer Reviews

2

Afnan jalil (Pakistan) published:

Life is a gift

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Life is a gift, it never gives you the expectations that you expect, so expect the unexpected because by doing so,you will be granted surprises disguised as joy or tragedy. And pray from God not to grant a life that is easy but some might and strength to compete with a difficult one."

His words still murmur in my ears making me to think about life in a different way. It was my first ever interview with a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3
1

A look at a 45-year-olds thoughts

PROMPT: Interview Competition 2017

Can you describe in...
Seeking Peer Reviews