Announcements

• Our Wednesday Words pick for the week is “dual dawn: a contrapuntal” by wishtree (US)! She reads it here.
  • Whether you're submitting lyrics or lyrics AND a recorded performance to our Song Writing Competition, our Guest Judge Magou Samb has great tips for you to incorporate into your entry. Take a look at our Q&A with him here!
  • 2022 marks Write the World’s ten year anniversary! Be a part of a long and storied (see what we did there?) tradition by serving as a Community Ambassador. CAs have helped shape the site you know and love today by providing thoughtful feedback to their fellow writers, writing exemplar responses to new prompts, creating their own prompts, and much more! Help lead Write the World into the next ten years by applying to be a CA by January 19. Learn how to apply here.
  • We’re kicking off 2022 with our Song Writing Competition! This month, write a song of your own, and record it if you like—we’re awarding a prize for best lyrics, as well as best recorded performance. Entries are due January 18. Get guidelines and enter here!
  • Our Wednesday Words pick for the week is “To Understand” by RachelElizabethDare (New Zealand)! She reads it here.