Announcements

• CONGRATS to the winners of our Sports Writing Competition! Many thanks to all who entered for taking us beyond the scores to the powerful human stories beneath. Check out the winners and finalists, as well as Guest Judge Joon Lee’s commentary, here!

1 day ago
  • Our Wednesday Words pick for the week is “trans-late” by typos, many of them (US)!

Did you know our Wednesday Words pieces are selected from responses to our writing prompts? If you want your work to be considered for a Wednesday Word feature, respond to our prompts here!

• What song(s) or musician(s) most inspire your writing, and why? Tell us by responding to our May Writers' Q&A!

• As part of our April Writers' Q&A, typewriter06 asked the following: When you’re in the middle of writing a piece and get writer’s block, how do you get past it? We’ve rounded up a range of your responses, from the practical to the inventive to the philosophical, that are sure to help you break free the next time you're grappling with writer's block. Take a look!

Want to share your writing insights with the WtW Community? Answer our May Writers’ Q&A here!

• This week's Writer Pick is A Starfish by A_Whisper_in_the_wind (South Africa), nominated by Itzelle (US) for its "new perspective. A starfish was a starfish, and it could lose a leg. After reading this poem, a starfish is a fallen star."

Is there a piece by a WtW writer that you admire? Nominate it for Writer Pick here!