What is Write the World?

Announcements

• Last chance! Share your feedback about our writing workshops program and help us finalize the 2022 workshop schedule! One survey participant will be chosen at random to win $25 via Paypal tomorrow (10/26)!

Submit the survey here.
    1 day ago
  • As we finalize our 2022 virtual writing workshops schedule, we want to hear from YOU! Please take a moment to share your feedback in our short survey. One participant will be chosen at random to win a cash prize! Take it here.
  • This week's Writer Pick is "A memo to Florida" by Cosmogyral (US), nominated by sophiacriesoverabook (US) for its "vivid memories of wildlife . . . contrasted that with the silence they now experience."

Nominate a piece for Writer Pick here!   
  • Our Wednesday Words pick for the week is Snow Day by Writing4Life (Australia)! She reads it here.
See All Announcements

For Educators

Improve the writing and thinking skills your students need to succeed in school, career, and life. Learn How

Our Community

SUSHmita (India) liked The Ladder by inkandsorcery (Pakistan)

7 minutes ago

@thestupidbard (India) liked My lackluster self by @thestupidbard (India)

28 minutes ago

Luci Munday (Australia) liked how many poems can you title with grief or guilt before you are less human and more liar? by abi's pov (United States Minor Outlying Islands)

about 1 hour ago

Siena (Australia) published:

Transported - Part 9

Next to her stood a man in a pressed purple suit with glimmering silver buttons down the front. His head was mostly bald except for a few thin strands which had been plastered with gel to his pale head. Small, circular spectacles teetered on the edge of his nose every time he scolded one of his workers. 

Oh god! What if this was a huge trick, and Nova and I were sitting here, barely able to move, while my Aunt...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

inkandsorcery (Pakistan) published:

The Ladder

PROMPT: "The Places We’ll Go"

It starts with a ladder. A rusted red, drawn from a fairytale barn. It is not as easy to occupy as it is to look at, but it is bearable. The higher you climb, the further the town sprawls. One day you might even reach the roof. The metal digs into your back, cold and unrelenting. It does not wish to yield its secrets to you.
Once you overcome the discomfort, both from the height and the ladder's bitter protests,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

inkandsorcery (Pakistan) published:

The Ladder

PROMPT: "The Places We’ll Go"

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Grace2Write (Australia) liked Spring Strokes by Grace2Write (Australia)

about 1 hour ago

5

Grace2Write (Australia) published:

Spring Strokes

PROMPT: Nature and Environmental Poetry Competition 2021

The smell of change hangs in the air; a fragrant, musky scent
Is draped upon the silenced, thawing glade.
For frosty winter’s bitter winds can now no longer rent
And frigid snow has left off its tirade.
Before the eye can justify what is to be unveiled
A subtle, earthy tang of life alights.
Open country spaces sense this presence; more detailed
Contrasted with the city parks’ spring slights.

But now, spring’s come with fine-spun scents; of earthy soil...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

7

Grace2Write (Australia) published:

Time Is Ticking (Part 1)

Tick, tick, tick.
Curtis lay in bed, listening to the faint repetitive notes.
Tick, tick, tick.
The constant high-pitched sounds were mesmerising, slowly sending him into the realm of sleep.
Tick, tick, tock.
Tock, tock, tock.

What? His eyes flew open. 
Tock, tock, tock. 
The clock never made that sound. Sure, he had heard many clocks go tick, tock, tick, tock. High, low, high, low. But his  clock only made the high-pitched tick. 
Tock, tock, tock. 
Something wasn't right.
The...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Tachi (New Zealand) liked how many poems can you title with grief or guilt before you are less human and more liar? by abi's pov (United States Minor Outlying Islands)

about 1 hour ago

Published Writing

Siena (Australia) published:

Transported - Part 9

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

inkandsorcery (Pakistan) published:

The Ladder

PROMPT: "The Places We’ll Go"

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

inkandsorcery (Pakistan) published:

The Ladder

PROMPT: "The Places We’ll Go"

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

5

Grace2Write (Australia) published:

Spring Strokes

A subtle, earthy tang of life alights.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

7

Grace2Write (Australia) published:

Time Is Ticking (Part 1)

Tick, tick, tick.
Tick, tick, tick.
Tick, tick, tock.
Tock, tock, tock.

What? His eyes flew open. 
Tock, tock, tock. 
Tock, tock, tock. 
Something wasn't right.
The...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

4

@thestupidbard (India) published:

My lackluster self

My lackluster self has to be content
With being and not doing
For doing is tough
And being is enough.

My lackluster self has to be content
With not being the best
For being average is hard
When you don’t even want to start.

My lackluster self has to be content
With not meeting expectations
For expectations are high
It’s taxing enough to try.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

6

abi's pov (United States Minor Outlying Islands) published:

how many poems can you title with grief or guilt before you are less human and more liar?

confession i. my optimistically accepted invite to your halloween party only serves to mock me,
                            scribbled out in red ink on a sneering calendar.

it's fine, though,
                                            because if it isn't,
                                            then i am nothing more than human,
                                                            nothing more than annoying,
                                                            nothing more than unwanted,
                                                            nothing more than just another desolate body clinging onto the face of an earth
                                                            that does not see if she...

about 2 hours ago

1

solarflair (United States) published:

a very embarrassing and cheesy love poem

my favorite part about our relationship is when you smile. it makes me want to smile.

anyway i can't stop looking at you like 262 times a day
and you keep me up at night
i think you're just caring when i'm sick, but i'm pretty sure i'm fine

you make the funniest noises when i'm driving
and you're right next to me and
well that was close

tell me where to go (tell me who to like)
make me...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

13

Lucky Sharma (India) published:

True Love

Yesterday I asked to my three best friends that do you know the meaning of true love?
Then 
First friend said that friends are known as true love.
my second friend said that relationship without any fight is known as true love.
Third friend said that true love means unconditional love and there is only one person in this whole world who love us unconditionally.
I asked him-who?
He said - Mom!
Mom is the mirror image of God who...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

18

SamRose (United States) published:

Don't Carry It Alone

PROMPT: The Things They Carried

Teens carry many things, some of which are unnecessary. Phones, lip gloss, baseball caps. Backpacks, schoolbooks, water bottles. Hair elastics, wallets, necklaces. 
They carry the weight of adolescence. They carry depression, anxiety, mental health issues. They carry a kind of strength, one our ancestors never needed. They carry bricks, building a wall between them and others. They shut others out, they carry all their trials alone. They carry insults, given to them from others who want them to feel the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Seeking Reviews

Siena (Australia) published:

Transported - Part 9

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

inkandsorcery (Pakistan) published:

The Ladder

PROMPT: "The Places We’ll Go"

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

inkandsorcery (Pakistan) published:

The Ladder

PROMPT: "The Places We’ll Go"

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

5

Grace2Write (Australia) published:

Spring Strokes

A subtle, earthy tang of life alights.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

7

Grace2Write (Australia) published:

Time Is Ticking (Part 1)

Tick, tick, tick.
Tick, tick, tick.
Tick, tick, tock.
Tock, tock, tock.

What? His eyes flew open. 
Tock, tock, tock. 
Tock, tock, tock. 
Something wasn't right.
The...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

4

@thestupidbard (India) published:

My lackluster self

My lackluster self has to be content
With being and not doing
For doing is tough
And being is enough.

My lackluster self has to be content
With not being the best
For being average is hard
When you don’t even want to start.

My lackluster self has to be content
With not meeting expectations
For expectations are high
It’s taxing enough to try.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

1

solarflair (United States) published:

and you keep me up at night

and you're right next to me and
well that was close

make me...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

13

Lucky Sharma (India) published:

True Love

Then 
I asked him-who?
He said - Mom!
Mom is the mirror image of God who...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

18

SamRose (United States) published:

Don't Carry It Alone

PROMPT: The Things They Carried

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Siena (Australia) published:

Transported - Part 10

‘I’m Kai,’ the bulkier guy took a few paces forward. ‘Uh, is your friend ok?’ How was I supposed to know? I mean no one was explaining much to me. Although, as Kai said the word ‘friends’ it cancelled out any last doubts I had about Nova and I slowly stood and shuffled towards her. ‘Oh,’ I stopped, feeling a bit embarrassed. ‘I’m Ashely, but, um, you can call me Ash,’ I mentioned absentmindedly. ‘Wait. Can we just get one...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago