Monthly Competitions

From unsolved crimes to detective whodunits to Private Eye escapades—it’s no mystery that mysteries are among the most popular books on the shelf. They reel us in with intrigue, keep us guessing with red herrings, shock us with revelations. This month, dear writers, thrill us with your thrillers, and keep us turning pages with your own tales of suspense.   
Click FIND OUT MORE for full details.
Competition how it works

Each month Write the World holds a new competition, developed around a particular idea or genre of writing, such as poetry, fantasy, sports journalism, or flash fiction. Competitions encourage you to dig deeper into the writing process, try out new genres and share your work with a sea of eager readers.

And because a first draft is never perfect, you have the chance to receive peer and expert feedback before submitting your final piece.

What’s Different About Write the World Competitions?

• Free Entry and Cash Prizes: The winning entrant receives $100, and the runner-up and best peer-reviewer receive $50.

• Professional Recognition: All three winners will be featured on our blog, with commentary from our guest judge.

• Expert Review: Submit a draft in the first week and get feedback from our team of experts—authors, writing teachers, and education professionals.

Explore both our Upcoming and Past Competitions.