SEEKING PEER REVIEWS

Img 7053

islagrace (United Kingdom) published:

The Day the Souls Painted the Walls: Prologue

Nora always loved the idea of magic, of fairies and enchantresses and wonder.
What you never told me about, Nora, was your affinity for wicked witches and curses and evil spirits that carry your soul away in the night.
You definitely never told me about how much you knew about this. You never told me you were in danger. Maybe if you did then you would be okay. I could have helped you.
But I’m getting ahead of myself, of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

24 minutes ago

Default avatar user icon

GodsGirl0 (United States) published:

To Trust or Not?

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Ella stalked down the street. Her sneakers kicked the dry, crunchy leaves away from her. The wind bit her arms. She had been so angry that she had forgotten to put on a sweater. Who was she angry at? Her mom? Her dad? Her best friend? God? That's it. She reasoned. She was mad at God. How could God take away her mother? If He really was so good and kind and loving, then why did He make her die?...

Seeking Peer Reviews

25 minutes ago

Abstract dreams

OpalAuthor13 (Canada) published:

The Kidnapped Diary of Alexa Reede

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

How could this man know my name if I had never met him? I know for sure that he was speaking to me. I felt him breathe "Alexa Reede" down my neck. Everyone else on the city bus must have assumed we were close friends, so when we reached the next stop and the man pulled me off the bus, they didn't suspect anything was wrong. But this was not my stop. This was not my friend. I was being...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Home.kyngs4 0005

Feras Darkblood (United States) published:

The End of Hunger

PROMPT: Creature View

My eyes dart here and there as I silently pad along the path I have worn into the forest with my endless trips of hunger.  There's a cool breeze blowing between the trees, which stand tall, reaching to the sky with fingers of pine green needles.  I can smell my prey close, the scent carried through the air to my nose and tongue, which is tasting the wind.  I close my eyes and raise my head to sniff the air,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Home.kyngs4 0005

Prologue - The End of the World As We Know It

It's a beautiful afternoon.  The birds are singing with joyous, clear voices.  The sky is a perfect blue, like a lake in which puffy white clouds drift aimlessly.  The flowers are bright and colorful, all different colors  and shades of each lively hue.  It's a wonderful spring, bringing life and happiness to all, giving energy to those who before had none.  I look out the window and smile as I see Dawn playing with a butterfly, chasing it in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Picture?width=64&height=64

Pandora Banister (United States) published:

Alter

The sound of the electric razor shearing off his hair started filling Roland’s head, but it was better than the recurring sounds of police sirens and shouting that he’d heard when escaping prison. That sound was worse because that was Ro’s fault that they were after him. Ro, who beat his now ex-wife almost half to death. Now he was being forced to shave his head so that it’d be harder for police to recognize him. Who cares? His...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Img 0509

Kveldulf (United States) published:

The Hungry Mists

The Viking Ship Ornaskip cut through the chopping, hungry waves, mist clinging desperately to the grey steel bow. The vessel was bound for Florida but was late, after hitting a storm in the north and spending a few weeks repairing the signal array that became bent and broken during the gale. Assistant Skeppare Carl Longbeard strode along the deck, listening to the strong engines below spin and thrash the steel oars on the sides through the black-green...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Images

Charlotte Chua (Singapore) published:

Love

True love ain't hidden,
For it will be discovered
By those who explore.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

378709 2971812652530 1178176603 3425818 1686159774 n

Angelina Nguyen (Australia) published:

Anxiety #5- Public Transport

I tap on. 

Thank goodness I still had some cash left. I took the biggest gamble not topping up my Opal card before I went through the gate. Is the pocket money I have going to be enough to pay for the trip back home or will I have to sacrifice my routinely gelato after lunch? 

I think I chose a bad spot to sit. There are probably more seats available in the next carriage. What if a disturbing man...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 8 hours ago

Img 20160722 122821

Ellen W (United Kingdom) published:

Fly

I stand on the cliffs. Above me, the rain whirls and lightning cracks the sky in two, whilst wind whips my hair. I am waiting for him. I know he is coming. I know he is here.

A silhouette appears on the craggy rocks and I race towards the dark figure, shaking back my hair violently. My feeling is indescribable – I feel threatened but at the same time I know that I am running towards freedom in the midst...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 8 hours ago

Soap bubble 1958650 960 720

Batman15 (Australia) published:

I remember...

PROMPT: Other Worlds

I remember sitting in a circle in my prep classroom, my teacher would read us a boom and we'd beg for another one. She'd ask us to vote on which book we wanted her to read. 
I remember how she would try to changer her voice into a man and we'd all laugh together when a character did something wrong or made a mistake. 
I remember my favourite book was 'Possum Magic' by Mem Fox. I liked the story about...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Soap bubble 1958650 960 720
1

Batman15 (Australia) published:

The Same Question. The Same Answer.

“Are you okay?” Always the same question.
“I’m fine.” Always the same answer.
I have always been there for my friends, always try my best to make them happy. I am always there for them, always make sure they get past their fights. Even if it means getting yelled at and bullied for them to be happy. Even if it hurt me so much, I would do anything for my friends.
I’ve moved from group to group five times and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 11 hours ago

Fullerenes

dan zapper (Australia) published:

Tom smith/ the phoenix

Blood stains. Tom walks across a wasteland not paying any attention to his kills, unbenounced to him, one of his would-be assassins survived his reckoning and was hiding under a pile of dead bodies. As Tom continued walking, he edged eerily closer to those haunting corpses as the assassin aims his gun. His finger inching at the trigger. Tom looks directly at the pile of corpses. The man freezes. Tom then walks towards the dead bodies; the assassin knows he’s...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 13 hours ago

Original

Kenna Harrigan (United States) published:

enemy

i set out to find my hopes and dreams,
but I'm being hunted by my enemy,
chasing me through the night and the day,
trying to rip the joy from my heart.
my enemy knows me better than everyone,
the secrets i hide,
who i truly am.
she draws out my fears and doubts,
plays with me as if i were a puppet,
she is someone i never thought would betray me.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        My Enemy Is My Mind.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

Jemima puddle duck by chantalgalvan d648ypi

Puddleduck (New Zealand) published:

Nonsense

PROMPT: Other Worlds

As silly as my Grandad was, he always hated books with 'nonsense.' He'd tell us the silliest jokes and tease us, but as soon as we gave him a nonsense book he would groan. He had to go along with it, as he was unwilling to disappoint us.
There was one in particular that we loved. He hated it worst of all. It stared two little chimpanzees called Chimp and Zee who went banana shopping and then sat on three big...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

Img 1161

Izzy 204 (United States) published:

1

"My answer is no, Alex! I don't want to go to some stupid party with people I don't even know or like."

"Oh please," he says with a condescending attitude, "You know plenty of people, come on Lucy! It'll be fun."

I shake my head at him from across the bed, 'always the social butterfly' "I don't want to go, can we just stay home this Friday and have a Marvel or Star Wars movie marathon?" I was always the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

dkellymoira (United States) published:

My Old Bedroom

PROMPT: Geography of Home

One part of growing up no one tells you about when you're in second grade is that you're going to feel lost as a teenager. When I read this prompt, I tried my best to think of some room in my house that I feel attached to. My first thought was my bedroom, but too there are too many bad memories plastered on these confining walls. I thought of the living room, but I like solitude and quiet, so in a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 16 hours ago

17202826 1268390543282298 2113267374416529717 n

AmeliaRose (United Kingdom) published:

My Friend, Noddy

PROMPT: Other Worlds

Don't get me wrong, as a child I thoroughly enjoyed the tales my Father would tell. I would almost always be the main character- not that I would allow him to deviate from this structure very often. Perilous adventures, mystical creatures and of course princes and princesses. However, no story thrilled me more than "Noddy Loses His Bell" by Enid Blyton (sorry, Dad.)

It was the highlight of my day. Storytime. Just before bedtime, just after bathtime. Curled up in...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 20 hours ago

17160524 1872017366416848 942584011 n

becky wemigwans (Canada) published:

Down. Down. Down.

As the days go by, not feeling whats right and whats wrong, the numbness is taking over, I don't feel it, at least not just yet.

I feel the voices saying "Go, go and be yourself do what you want to do, listen to me"   I heard the voices saying there nothing wrong, your just living life to the fullest. Why did I listen to that voice.

This voice is not of the light, nor of the positive. 

I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 20 hours ago

Glitter sparkles brushes
1

AddyG (United States) published:

My Name Is...

PROMPT: Mystery Writing Competition

Everyday, I go to school with a lot of other people. I am in fifth grade and I live with my mom and sister. My father was killed when I was 3 years old. He had a real name of Kin. My town, Fretenburg, has a very strange mayor. Mayor 1563 is his 'name'. Nobody in town has a real name like Javelin or Max. If anyone is found that has a name, they are executed by "The Name Knife"....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 20 hours ago

Writ the world
1

Harper O'Dell (United States) published:

Heart Beat

She is an empty shell. Cold and hard and hollow. Curled up in bed, beneath her blankets, she can no longer feel herself. Her body is an empty place; it used to buzz with thought, but now it is dangerously empty.
The small body is cold and unknown. No one knows anything. No one knows her pain. Her constant pain. She turns up the music, hoping to blow away, to cover up the feelings left over. Hoping to deafen herself to...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 21 hours ago

Picture?width=64&height=64

Sebastian Micheals (United States) published:

Kansas

PROMPT: Living Locales

A scorching sun shines upon a dusty field. Erie silence seemed to envelop the expanse that surrounded the meadow. A warm breeze caressed the brittle grasses and carried with it minuscule dust speaks. Then a sudden flash of lightning shocks the very ground where you stand. A low rumble comes from the distance as you turn around and glance into the distance. Rolling clouds, a furious dark gray advancing toward the you Though when you look closer, you realize it...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 24 hours ago

040

-CiaraB- (United Kingdom) published:

A Paris Romance

The moon glistened down upon the river, surrounded by a pool of stars. In the distance, Sophie could see the Eiffel Tower, stood guarding the city of Paris, shining brightly against the night sky. She turned slowly, taking in her surroundings, in what many consider to be the most beautiful city in the entire world. As she stopped, she came face to face, nay, face to cheek, with Jean, her boyfriend. He was absorbed in watching a violinist on the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Oip

RedWriter (United States) published:

Rage

PROMPT: Emotion by Association  | GROUP: Poets and Wordsmiths

Blood roared in my ears
​In my line of vision they became larger
​My Lungs went in overdrive as I struggled to breathe steady
​A vein pulsed
Fingers tightened until they had become a fist
​Muscles tensed
​Head pounded
They became the only thing I could see
​All I could hear was the air whistling past me as I charged them down
​My mouth worked but no words came out, only a snarl
​Eyes tightened
Jaw worked
​Burning in stomach
​Lips...
Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago

Oip
1

RedWriter (United States) published:

Searching

PROMPT: The Light Gets In  | GROUP: Poets and Wordsmiths

The man with the biggest hands can place them over a light, but it shall still touch the smallest child in the corner

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 day ago