SEEKING PEER REVIEWS

liv marie (United States) published:

Problematic

PROMPT: Creative Nonfiction Competition 2021

Tick... Tock. I try to drone out the repetitive sound of the loud clock in the corner. The music room around me is plastered with posters to lift your spirits, although they're seen in every other teacher's room, making them far less important. My eyes tend to drift to the pictures or paintings in a room, reading them as I walk to my seat. Sometimes I tuck them into the back of my mind to provide a prompt for writing,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

6 minutes ago

AlliWrites (United States) published:

AnxOCDHDsomniattack

"Hello?" I whisper into the silence.
    No one answers. What was I expecting? The demons of my mind to finally make an appearance?
    The room is dark as ever; only the faint bits of moonlight creep through the sheer curtains. I think about checking the time, but it can only bring disappointment. 
    My head is pounding with the force of the forces that lie within it. There's a cup of water on the desk...

Seeking Peer Reviews

15 minutes ago

1

Ellie Freeman (United States) published:

Salty

“You’ll be better at it than Jonah and I” claimed my twin, aka opponent since birth. Amanda was the firstborn: by a minute. We were born a month early because she was so much better at growing than I was that the doctors worried she’d eat me or something. 
Amanda has always been the perfect child. So, when she sets her mind on forever being perfect, I’m left the runner-up. At everything. At nine she can give you precise directions...

Seeking Peer Reviews

22 minutes ago

1

Salty

Seeking Peer Reviews

22 minutes ago

4

SamRose (United States) published:

Thank You

Thanks doesn't seem like a big enough word
It's too short to convey what I feel
So when I say thank you know that you heard
Two words that are honestly real.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

10

Yellow Sweater (United States) published:

Mixed Metaphors

A light mist was pouring in off the Caspian sea. The air outside my window smelled like salt. I closed my click, sighing into the dark as I pulled on a yellow, wide-legged, vinyl jumpsuit. It was museum quality, a molecular recreation of something an obscure rock star had worn in the late 20th century. It’d cost me a week’s allowance. I ran a matching stick of lip-stain over my mouth, smirking into the mirror. The door to my room...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

rainbow (Sri Lanka) published:

The Light

With each new dawn,
Another mystery unfolds.
In the dream land of my own
I set sail for unknown golds.

Never meant for a bigger life,
All I want is a sweet hill side
Behind the silver, it's a knife
Beyond the Lily valleys I'll hide.

Many a days in the past,
I'd wept for the things so petty.
Now I see the roses at last
Blooming beside the path so sweaty.

Nowhere the starry hill top,
Looks nicer than...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

rainbow (Sri Lanka) published:

The Witch and the Gingerbread House

Never ever trust a butterfly to choose the path for you. I made an assumption right there. The path ended near the biggest Oak tree in the woods. It was hard to believe that I had been walking astray for the whole time. I went back to the moment when I came across that horrible fork in the wild trail. Both had the same out look and even the oldest gnome in the forest would have missed the correct path....
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

4

Grace2Write (Australia) published:

To Quote The Stars

“One day you will look up at the stars and realise you cannot count them all.”

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

16
1

Jasmin khawar (India) published:

I'm trying to steal the hiemal moon's beauty, but she's so timid (Slightly updated)

"Kissing your dreams was my last wish before                                 death."

My mother plucks lilac hue from the dusk and stitch me a scarf.
It sheds all of it's grace when I wipe my tears from it.
The reddest red fills up the cracks of this heart.
I like to worship broken hearted stars in the hazel-pigmented sunsets.
I like to worship myself in the turquoise of...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago