SEEKING PEER REVIEWS

rosewrites (United States) published:

going to bed

I don’t feel like going to bed.

Don’t get me wrong,
I’m tired,
exhausted, even.

In fact, I’ve been sick for the last four days.

But I don’t feel like going to bed.

Because when I do, I’ll just do
it all
over 
again. 

Wake up
Still feel tired, 
stumble through a day,
on my phone,
feeling gross

Going to bed means
letting the next day happen

the next
same
day happen

another day 
where my mind fills
until it’s...

Seeking Peer Reviews

13 minutes ago

1

Brightness Eden (United States) published:

Love You Forever

They both remember the soft breeze on that summer day. The world was bright, their love was new. They lay in a golden meadow next to the field of barley. Each day, as the sun rose, they met at the waters edge to share a morning kiss and watch the sun rise above the horizon while gleaming its rays onto the sparkling ocean waters. They walk together down the dusty road with eyes only for the other. They spend the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

17 minutes ago

1

PunIn10ded (United States) published:

Have you heard of korrel?

PROMPT: Science Fiction Competition 2021

Everyone knows that Mr. _____ has a few screws loose. He's the oldest person in our city by far, practically a living fossil. He's so old that he can't even remember how old he is. He sits on his porch all day and tells fantastical stories of the Old World to anyone who'll listen. 

I'd never admit it to any of my friends, but secretly I like to listen to his stories. They're mesmerizing, each word weaving the fabric of...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

BizzleWrites (Australia) published:

Doom

My head feelings like it will implode 
It's hard to describe the feeling 
That everything could go so quickly 
From beautiful to dead 
Disaster is impending 
Hiding in the darkness that cacoons our house 
Every night 
It's there 
My head can't take it 
It's like it's waiting for the inevitible 
Doom 
It's waiting for what will surely 
Appear from the darkness 
Claws of iron scraping on frosted glass 
The shapes lurking beneath the bed 
The shadow on the wall that  ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

2

Not_a_tear_just_a_raindrop (United States) published:

Tears (A Short Story)

tears spill down her cheeks for no exact reason. Jade thought "Why am I crying?" yet the tears rolling down her cheeks felt almost, good. But then again, she did have things to mourn on, she was thinking about, she was thinking about how her friends were so kind to her, and how her family really loved her. Love, kindness, and family were what contained her tears. all her "silent cry nights" came rushing back to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

Figwit (United States) published:

goodnight moon

PROMPT: Talking to “You”

You stand on the edge of a cliff (the cliff is not a real cliff) looking into the depths of a canyon (like the cliff, the canyon is a metaphor). It is easy to imagine taking a step, just one. The fall wouldn't kill you, you know. It would be the sudden stop to the fall that ended your existence... (both the fall and the stop are quite real, though not in the conventional sense). You stand there, on the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

2

Coco pebbles [ChildOfGod] (United States) published:

The Cyborg In The Room

I turn on my TV and listen. 
Prince Jeremy is on talking, so I role my eyes. I despise Prince Jeremy. He hates my kind, and he loves to show it. 
“People under my power—”
I role my eyes again, he always introduces himself like that. In fact, that’s another way of saying, “I have more power so you have to do what I say!” I washed the dishes, but keep my eyes on the screen.   
 “I have great...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

1

Watching from Afar - Sci-Fi Competition

The departure on June 22nd of 2121, of the last caravan of leaving Shuttles is Chaotic. It's bustling with Men, Women, Children, and Engineers preparing for the last departure from the deserts that were once known as Planet Earth. Over a big speaker an announcer calls out a sequence of numbers. The remaining humans on the launchpad sprint for their cruisers.

All but one. Me.

In sync, all the doors on all the shuttles seal shut. I'm left behind...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

6

ghostyboi (United States) published:

The Time Jump Project (r4r) (cut version)

As usual, Levi was in no hurry to leave the house to go to school. His sister and acting guardian had tried everything to get him to go, but he refused. It wasn’t that he was lazy like many adults assumed. He was just tired of tramping through the smog with a mask on, filling his lungs with synthetic oxygen. It wasn’t like school was important anyways; chances were, he wouldn’t even make it to his twenties. ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

2

wavewriter (United States) published:

back to (new) normal

awake,
and get dressed and brush teeth.
comb your hair, for pete's sake!
let's go, we have to leave!

lunch! i still need to make.

then go!
sandwich, orange, protein bar.
should've left ages ago.
hurry! get in the car.
you got a mask?
oh, no...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago