Published Writing

E7e6331c d8fa 4014 8d5a d274a89505a5

parachutes (Canada) published:

Something Random

Bristol PD - Interrogation Room 4 - Midnight

Enter Scene

(A swath of black houseflies have encircled a LITHIONIAN LIGHT FIXTURE that is grey, cracked and dirty. They buzz around it angrily, as flies are apt to do. One of the flies accidentally bumps into the bulb. {In slow motion and up close} The fly begins to fall. His right wing and face has been singed grotesquely. Greasy yellow puss starts oozing out of it, and blood beads in the...

13 minutes ago

Ba954c56 d8f8 4e2c b64f 470fc29ac171
10
1

Just A Dream (United Kingdom) published:

CONTEST, 1.5 WEEKS LEFT #songofmysoul

Hello, darlings! I’m hoping to get a good amount of entries for this one, so please read! I’ll be a bit more informal than my usual style because I feel like it. 

The deets -
— Prompt: write a piece inspired by a song. It can be any song, but please note which song in the footnotes!

- Limit of 501 words to avoid taking too long with results (a total of 2 exceptions will be made)

- Tag your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

39 minutes ago

Img 3922
8

and-peggy (United States) published:

Everyone... happily... after?

Everyone deserves a happily ever after
Everyone, deep down inside, has good in them
I truly believe that!

Everyone deserves a happily ever after
Because the swirling, tumbling galaxies don't pick favorites
They don't choose who lives, who dies
They just facilitate it
Sitting, watching, waiting for our eventual downfall
But why does a fall have to be a bad thing?

Everyone deserves a happily ever after
Like in the fairy tales
Kids movies
Cartoon TV shows-
There is always...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Screenshot 2019 07 05 13 43 47 1
2

Drishti Bhatia (India) published:

Legs aren't for pulling!

PROMPT: Rain or Shine

​​Her narrow, dry lips turn into a weak smile and then part slightly letting a childish giggle escape. Laughter is being reflected in her voice but not in the eyes. Anyone paying attention to it can realise that it is fake. Fake like the friendly punches she give others neglecting the tension in her muscles that wants to escape. Hidden deep under the layers of her lovely gestures is the feeling that's too bitter to taste.
She continues laughing as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Default avatar user icon

Madisonnn (United States) published:

Human Connection

PROMPT: Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

Human Connection
Human connection comes in different forms based on the relationship the two people have formed. The connections people form can be based off of the way their body, mind, heart, and spirit connect. Human connections can form in different kinds of ways, a connection can happen right off the bat or it can form after a period of time with that person. “Love at first sight” is an example of a well known specific connection two people experience.....

about 1 hour ago

20190125 065605 collage
19

buddingauthor (India) published:

MY FIRST EVER CONTEST!!! #festivities

So this is my first ever contest and I am very excited. I live in India and its festival season here right now- Durga Puja, Navratri, Dusshera, Diwali, and so many more to come! Also, Halloween and Christmas are coming up, so I thought what better prompt than festivals. So here goes...
PROMPT- Write about any festival you like or you have a special connection to. Anything you like about it, an incident that is close to your heart, anything....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Weston Heitkamp (United States) published:

The Show Must Go On

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2019

Frederick Bulsara, Smile, or Queen whatever you recognize them as they have always been unarguably one of the most iconic rock bands from the 70s to the 90s and perhaps still one of the best rock bands that have ever been around. 
In Queen's final album released in 1991, Innuendo, Brian May rushed together a few lyrics for Freddie Mercury before his illness engrossed in him, and thus was created, “The Show Must Go On”. The awe-inspiring vocals and lyrics...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Download %281%29
15

Ursa published:

Contest time!! #blackandwhite A FEW WEEKS LEFT

Hey! Entering in user-contests has inspired me to write so much more, and I wanted to give back and possibly inspire some other writers by hosting one of my own!

The prompt: Contrast. Your piece must contain two opposing features; two colors, ideas, people, it doesn't matter what they are. They must be prominent and clear in your piece. You can also put twists on it, two things that appear to be opposites but under closer inspection...

about 2 hours ago

2e47041dc5284f7e610ba3b3b92151ce
1

.amelia. (Singapore) published:

The trip

PROMPT: Two in a Canoe  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Now that Sasha thought of it, the colour of the sky really meant something.

Alas, when she woke up in her thin, flattened mattress, it meant nothing. As far as Sasha could be concerned, the sky was only white as the guts of a cooked fish on this fine Saturday morning.

She stepped out of bed onto the cold wooden floor. Most of the planks were stained from the high tide of the choppy sea, that raged restlessly beneath the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Wolf in red magical woods 4k yn 2560x1700
11

FoxLilly106 (United States) published:

Past Memories (Sensitivities may be involved. This is your warning)

I could hardly breathe as I heard the creak of the stairs. Daddy was coming up again. I knew he’d have his choice of torture with him. It’s leather worn down after its many uses. His brutal mood plastered to his ugly face. Just as it always was. I never managed to come upstairs unnoticed. No matter how hard I tried, he’d always hear me. 
    “I know you’re here Calli,” Daddy spit as he walked into my room. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

04c5cacf 8871 4904 9a01 4c0af77926d7

babybluelamentations (United States) published:

sometimes when the sun is shining we forget why we’re here

Walk back to the garden, I’ll meet you there, 
and in the tangle of the ivy leaves we’ll find our true nirvana
lying in the water fountain;
you look like a heron sifting through the millions of pennies
on the blue ceramic tiles.

Let’s sit in the gazebo, watch the honey bees hum
their work song,
and find a shady paradise between the skylights where the clouds break into chaos dreaming.

Dragonflies love you;
see, they fly around your fingertips, ...

about 3 hours ago

Poor foxy?1566404430

Katie Stedeford (American Samoa) published:

FALL

Oh fall so beautiful and calm, it is a time of change where all the leaves fall of the trees, maybe, that is why it is called fall. For all the trees become naked and bare. It becomes cold and the people begin to wear clothes. Well at least in the morning
in the afternoon well it is a bit warn maybe a little hot. THe mornings are just so pretty ant the sunset takes your breath away. Oh fall...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Img 3922
1

and-peggy (United States) published:

graveyard lamentation #songofmysoul

"Hey mom..." I whisper, kneeling down in the dew-smudged, moon-tinted bed of grass. I lay a gentle rose on the grave's edge, pleased at how the musky gray contrasts so highly with the pastel pink of the rose. The image lasts for about a second, then the rose droops. 
    I try to speak but choke on my words before they can find their way out.
    "I need some help..." I say, even though I know...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Download 4

Braeden Johnson (United States) published:

The Throne That Describes The Future

I looked up from my throne of blood.
He could see the people he dragged through the mud.
How many days until the flood?
I looked down from his throne of blood
He saw it, He heard the flood
It was here, because of my bad blood
I should have been sad
But when you add the factors
I’m still sitting on the throne of blood.

about 3 hours ago

Img 3922
1

and-peggy (United States) published:

glass empty #blackandwhite

i had cancer once too, i tell you
remember?
i was fine
i made it through
and look at me now

no, i say
maybe you made it out but i won't
i'm not as strong as you were...
you are
just accept it
please

no, i won't allow that!
at least one of us has to stay positive
remember, what you put out there comes back to you
if you think on the bright side
then you will survive!

...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

FreakyFroggy (United States) published:

The girl in the mirror

The mirror
There was a blue-eyed little girl looking for someone to play with, she found another little girl with brown hair. The two little girls played for hours, then hours became days. Eventually, days became a month. The two were really close. One day the brown haired girl said to the blue-eyed girl, “why do you love me but hate you?” the blue-eyed girl gasped and cried because she realized for all this time she had been playing with...

about 3 hours ago

Screenshot 2019 09 03 at 6.25.11 pm
1

Starlit_Sparkling_Skies (United States) published:

I Am Afraid of the Dark

I am afraid of the dark.

I am not afraid of what's inside the dark, I am afraid of the dark.

Most people are not afraid of the dark itself.

I guess I am an exception.

Is this abnormal? I think so--most people are not like me.

I should probably specify--I am not afraid of room-dark, or darkness that I can still see in. I am afraid of utter darkness, and alone-outside-in-the-night darkness. 

What in the world does that...

about 3 hours ago

Cool pics wallpapers 001
1

Charlotte Collins (United States) published:

Rebellionaries Ch. 3

Rev's POV

Can I leave?
I ponder what Drey said. He wants to break out. Something I’ve been too scared to do for the past five years. He’s right and I hate that he is. I don’t want to leave. I don’t want to know what the world is like now. I don’t want to see how bad everything is. I’m scared. Scared that if I go back to the rebellion, they’ll accept me back. I don’t want them taking...

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Kendon Gale (United States) published:

Self Respect

PROMPT: Tweets of Self-Respect  | GROUP: Words for Joy

Self respect is when you treat yourself like you would ideally treat other people.  When you are kind to yourself and knowing that you can do hard things by taking responsibility, and trying your best.  Additionally, you have self respect when you prioritize your well being and self success.

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

abbiekirk (United States) published:

Self Respect

Self-respect is when someone is able to love themselves for who they are. They are confident and proud of being the person they are. It doesn't matter if someone isn't the smartest student in a class or the prettiest girl in school, everyone can have self-respect. A lot of the times people put themselves down and are their own bully. People remind themselves about all their insecurities and mistakes that they make. This is definitely not showing self-respect....

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Jaheim Lucas (United States) published:

Courage

PROMPT: Six-Word Story

He stayed while everyone ran away.

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Jaheim Lucas (United States) published:

The Daily Battle

It is the darkest, deepest place
One can travel to alone,
A solo journey filled with
Struggles and groans.

Everyday is a new battle
Against the same foe,
But the enemy fights back
With Psychological blows.

It creeps up on you in your 
Most vulnerable state, 
Especially when there’s no
One around who can relate.

Thoughts in your mind begin
To swirl and swell. Which drags
You in your own subconscious hell.
Figments and entities from
Your past serve as...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Img 20190512 002312
6

Samina (India) published:

ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS

Hey WRITERS

Here are your answers to all the questions you asked. 
1@Charisse Marison *What's your Hogwarts House?
Just want to know, big Harry potter nerd :) Actually I am not much interested in it.  
2.@symphonyrain0812 *Hey! How did you discover WtW?
I was in search of any writing competition coming up. I searched on net for Earth day writing competitions and I came across WTW monthly contest. I just joined for participating in competition. Then I discovered...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Gettyimages 73163659 612x612

Total_Goose_Egg_David (United States) published:

Vampire Weekend hits No. 1 on billboard with new album "Father of the Bride"

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2019

In May of 2019, Vampire Weekend released in fourth album, but their first album in six years. But like last time, they’re at No. 1.

It’s been Six years since the band Vampire Weekend hit No. 1 in 2013 with “Modern Vampires of the City.” and in 2010 with “Contra” which both experimented with synthesizers and layering guitar and keyboard sound. Ezra Koening, the lead singer and mastermind behind the music stayed true to the original sound of their...

about 4 hours ago

Me?1566918841

Junect (United States) published:

Long Beard ¨Means to me ¨- June

PROMPT: Album Review Competition 2019

I chose the album ¨Means to Me” by Long Beard. Long Beard´s real name is Leslie Bear. I chose this album because it sounded interesting. This music is a lot different than the music I usually listen to. The music I usually listen to is peppy and has a good beat you can dance to. This album has a different kind of sound than I am not used to. I did some research into the background of her album and...

about 4 hours ago