Published Writing

9b115eb73c0a3ce811131451d9ec83ff

agustdv (United Arab Emirates) published:

moonsalt asphalt

moonsalt; enslaving haste, shimmering heat, gas stations staring at the seconds collapsing from my hushed jaws in horror. scrambled eggs and exhausted mothers, the monotonic pangs of an incomprehensibly indifferent economy screeching through my weary ears. scrawled cherry knots and geometrical lines, lines of cocaine and country borders, 
spiraling agony, spiraling agony,
spiraling agony.

;

asphalt; roads in potholes, politics in remedies, dying and the baffling cost of living. the prophetess cannot predict this disarray, this disenchantment, this apathy. burning...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Kelvin (Singapore) published:

Ghost of a life

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

I died. No seriously, I died. I was on top of my dead body, lying motionlessly. Actually, I was seeing some twitches on my body. Another casualty from the devil itself, cars, the bringer of death. In front of my eyes, two big red words flashed:
                                                                            SIMULATION FINISHED
For all I knew, I was in some hell of its own, forever resting among my dead body, doomed to my fate. Though, there was a helmet on...

about 3 hours ago

Ibuki.suika.full.1108106

GreenieGirl (United States) published:

Our Revenge

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Call it the need for… Revenge, for vengeance, for retribution… Whatever it is, it’s all that keeps me going. As my tears mix with this deep ocean, I am reminded of why I feel this way. Why I’m so bitter. It’s a living nightmare. And I’m forced to relive this memory every second.

I barely remember what happened; it just came together in bits and pieces as I woke up. I knew having females on a ship was bad luck,...

about 4 hours ago

Screenshot 2018 11 22 14 55 50 1

Drishti Bhatia (India) published:

How I learned to swim

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

I drew in a deep breath and jumped into the chlorinated water. I held the rim of the pool and started practicing swimming leg moves. My coach approached me wearing a look of disappointment because it had been half a month that I was practicing the same move with no success. He instructed me to come out of the pool built for beginners. Before I could think, he picked me up and threw me like a can into eight feet...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

AnselBuch (Czech Republic) published:

Wonder

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The first thing Vivian thought of when she entered the bathroom was the dust. On the mirror, the black marble counter, the cute little soap dispenser, the walls. Negligent of the staff and maybe herself. The dust was gone soon enough, spotless surfaces gleaming all around, and Vivian washed her hands quietly in the echoing bathroom. She couldn’t tell exactly whether the echoes were in the walls or between her own ears.

Outside the bathroom, the fancy little bistro was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

advaita (India) published:

From End to the Beginning

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

VIII
I made sure I was back by the pond, or still by the pond? I shut my eyes and focused hard to remember whether this pond-side was the beginning.
Yes. This was it.
The walk back home was relieving and exhausting. Nevertheless, the relics of this day were priceless, for I won’t be able to ruminate over its wonders any further than tonight. Above all, I would see Aunt Sanya back at the dinner table tonight, and again tomorrow...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Ali S (Australia) published:

Primeval - yet another draft

We don't just draw new constellations;
we create stars,
birth them from the abyss.
and split our fire to light their souls,

We swaddle them in the Milky Way,
gift them golden cores
and diamond rains.
We raise them in nebulae,
teach them to swim
in the primordial seas,
to skip on asteroid belts.

We show them that,
when we look up,
we look into the past
of our ever-expanding expanse:
exponential opportunity
begging to be explored.

We teach them...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Screen shot 2019 01 23 at 7.19.15 pm

The Bubbling Pen (Australia) published:

Two Marbled Stones

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

The little black cat is my friend.

Her cloudy eyes are gentle in the night; two marbled stones that smile dim (but bright). She has a smile, the little cat, a smile that whispers upon the edge of her cheeks, just like the whiskers that she brushes with a scarred paw. Is it the subtle nod of her head through the fog that sends me spiralling into a flux of dreams? Or is it the pitter patter of almost-silent footsteps...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Screenshot 20180603 110030
1

Anha (Australia) published:

they called us witches

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

When we were magic, once, they called us witches. It was back when mystical pools swapped bodies and souls, and stars detached themselves from the satin of the cosmos to visit their favourite mortals. Too often they left disappointed, white shifts and halos losing some of their gleam. The stars loved the witches, but the witches worshipped the stars. They named their children Sirius or Orion, and swaddled their babes in cloth drawn from still moonlit lakes. The stars gave...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

miracole (Philippines) published:

Redemancy

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

Tik tok. Tik tok. Tik tok. Time was ticking. It was moving fast. However, at that moment, it seemed as if it was the last thing we cared about. I was unsure what to feel. Amusement? Confusion? Nervousness? Excitement? Ah. There were so many things running in my head that I didn't realized what had happened. 

You kissed me. 

Our lips locked for a second of our lives. Although ephemeral, it was the most beautiful thing that had happened in...

about 6 hours ago

20180721 201520 effects

AlliWrites02 (United States) published:

Moonbeam

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Underneath the night sky a pebble crashed into a lake, distorting the moon's reflection with the ripples it created. As the water stilled, a young girl looked up to watch to the twinkling stars. Lit only by the full moon, she seemed almost like a spirit. Her curly hair cascaded down her back like an inky waterfall and her pale eyes appeared to glow as she gazed at the moon. Her lips twisted into a sad smile as she stood...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Aniguns
1

Andy Blue (United States) published:

fear 1: nyctophobia

"My name is Jonathan Hart, and I have an irrational fear of the dark."
As a young child, my fear of the dark was considered normal. Most kids were afraid of the dark, and their vivid imaginations conjured up terrifying monsters that loomed over them from the blackest corners of their room. Sharp shark teeth protrude from strong jaws and drool dripping from their disgusting mouths. Breath that smelled like rotting fish, and the eyes...
Dark, slit eyes that peered...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Aniguns
1

Andy Blue (United States) published:

Miss Down and Drab

"You want something more than this, don't you?" The girl in pastel clothes sitting next to me in the booth of my hometown's fast food restaurant asked, head cocked slightly to the side. The blue-streaked blonde pigtails bounced with her movements, and I wondered how her hair was so fluffy. Maybe it was from the conditioner she used, or maybe it was the shampoo. Did she blow dry her hair? The volume of it made my hands twitch in want....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Fox painting
1

El1678 (Australia) published:

Wisp

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Gisabell felt her heart pounding in her chest like it was trying to escape from her body. Blood roared in her ears like a wild lion. She breathed in deeply moving backward, towards the cliff. The wind whipped at her blood-soaked skin, her cuts stingingly painful like being burned alive by fire. In front of her was him. He had grey lifeless eyes that saw nothing. He wore a black waistcoat with a white shirt underneath and a black hat...

about 9 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

FlowingInk (United States) published:

Listless

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

In my silent pondering as I stare up into the sky... the dark listless sky distorted by smog and falsehood... I think of my unimportance. The inky black expanse of the night sky in the city with a moon often faded with the light grey of clouds and smoke... the expanse that reminds me of my short time on this earth and the moments that have blown away in the breeze. The occasional whirring of a passing car and the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

20170713 211307
1

NATALIE PREINER (United States) published:

Glass Wall

It was like being trapped in a dream; a dream where everything around her was cold and dark. Nothing and no one could be seen nor heard, it was just endless darkness, she was alone. Her body was completely numb and her skin was ice cold. She was soaking wet and dressed in an oversized white button-down shirt with black shorts, all of which clung to her skin. Her hair a tangled mess, the wet strands grasping at the sides...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Rose
1

Red_Rose_Blooming (Australia) published:

BOREDOM

Bewildered I feel with nothing to do
Only suffocate in my own uselessness
Recalling everything I could do... but won't
Entertainment I crave (as well as some sugar)
Drowning away in this ocean of nothingness
Oh, what can I do?? What can I do??
Mum tells me to go do the dishes.

......
Read as an acrostic. :)

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Rose
2

Serendipity #Ashes

She rises from the ashes of her long lost sister, Sorrow, 
And breathes into the barren lands a longing for tomorrow, 
To those who suffered her neglect, her smile shines anew, 
She dries their tears, farewells their fears, and bades their pains adieu. 

"Do not weep, oh tender heart," she murmurs from below, 
"The sun has broken darkness and your joy has broken woe, 
Now peace resides within you, like a jewel rests within soil, 
And you shall relish fruits...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Screen shot 2019 05 19 at 3.33.06 pm

littlenightmares332 (Australia) published:

A Beautiful Light

The clouds are the only ashy remains of the night as they dwell among a sea of pale blues and thriving oranges that sway over the city in a cascade of waves. 
The sweet light caresses everything that has the pleasure of bathing in it's warmth, showering us with a blessing that we are unworthy of.
The shadowed areas behind skyscrapers long for the satisfaction that is never given by the light, until it is time for which the sun...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Helping hands
15
1

Cues&Contests (Canada) published:

Welcome, One and All... CONTEST!!! #Ashes

Welcome to the first ever "Welcome to Cues&Contests" contest!!! This contest is open to everyone and anyone who's feeling up to the challenge! This account was just created and is run by another WtW member. If you would like to be a part of Cues&Contest, please read the first published piece, "ABOUT Cues&Contest... CALLING ALL WRITERS!!!" Even though you are encouraged, however, you are not required to join the account to take part in the contest. Okay, now that...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Rose
2

Serendipity

And you shall relish fruits...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Rahulss (Singapore) published:

Time changes your reality

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

“ARGHH! I DID NOT BRING ANY MONEY! OKAYYYY?” I struggled to shout as I was being punched by two of  his henchmen. It was Alex again, trying to suck out the money off my wallets.
Suddenly, I fell to the ground. The feeling again…It is here... And surprisingly Alex called his henchmen back. All of them fled away in a blink of an eye. This was the 5th time that this happened to me. The previous time, I had spotted...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

A090690f77fb7df7786ea8ad897bfeb7  magic realism realism art
1

FrazzyH (United States) published:

A Home of Delirium

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Stoic and drooping, my reflection slouches in the school restrooms’ soap-sudded mirror. In this world, this reality, I am but a face upholding the normalcy I’ve tried to obtain during my time here on Earth. 
 I look...ordinary, like a dandelion stem after the white bristles fly off in the gust of a child’s breath. Absolutely horrendous. The ‘teenager’--as they call pubescents here--has absolutely no taste in true aesthetic, true beauty. I did what I could to her (Angela, her name was,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Rahulss (Singapore) published:

Time changes your reality

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Fantasy Writing Competition

Suddenly, I fell to the ground. The feeling again…It is here... And surprisingly Alex called his henchmen back. All of them fled away in a blink of an eye. This was the 5th time that this happened to me. The previous time,...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago