Published Writing

typewriter06 (Canada) published:

Eavan's Journey: Chapter 2

Eavan woke when the train screeched to a halt. She felt a weight on her lap, leaning against her. She looked down and remembered Christa falling asleep after sitting with Eavan for fifteen minutes. Eavan smoothed Christa's soft hair away from her face. You are such a sweet girl. I with I could stay and make sure you are all right. 
  "Boston! Boston!" The conductor's shout sped up already chaotic motion of people packing up their...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 minute ago

AlliWrites (United States) published:

11/28/21

1. I have a soccer game later 
  2. We have n o t practiced
  3. and we will suck
  4. but Hey my crush'll be there
  5. on my team
  6. watching me play
  7. Watching me play terribly
  8. so yes wish me luck
  9. and also hon you're looking especially nice today did you do something different
  10. you are glowing my darling
  11. anyways I'll update about the game later ;p 

2 minutes ago

HalfDrawnSquirrelsWithSquigglyLines (United States) published:

What is a Woman?

What is a Woman?
    I bring the sleeves of my sweater upto my forearms, donning gloves before sticking my hand down the cavern of my turkey. The night left her starved, belly begging for sustenance to remember the sound of her cluck cluck cluck. Days used to burn with Mrs. Turkey wandering the track of land through the woods. Then the neighbour hefted a weapon and plunged a bullet through her back. 
There was the bird’s life, weeping...

18 minutes ago

When a Creature Reigns

While I slept away the long days of tomorrow, a carnivorous entity descended upon me and began to nuzzle my neck. Eyes closed, limbs awry on my mattress, I was nothing if not the perfect victim. The beast commenced with what it prided itself upon - mental invasion. It swept a wing, and the black shroud of sleep lightened like a boulder removed from my feeble ribcage. It blinked an eye, and the empty jug of my head...

19 minutes ago

liv marie (United States) published:

Problematic

PROMPT: Creative Nonfiction Competition 2021

Tick... Tock. I try to drone out the repetitive sound of the loud clock in the corner. The music room around me is plastered with posters to lift your spirits, although they're seen in every other teacher's room, making them far less important. My eyes tend to drift to the pictures or paintings in a room, reading them as I walk to my seat. Sometimes I tuck them into the back of my mind to provide a prompt for writing,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

22 minutes ago

AlliWrites (United States) published:

AnxOCDHDsomniattack

"Hello?" I whisper into the silence.
    No one answers. What was I expecting? The demons of my mind to finally make an appearance?
    The room is dark as ever; only the faint bits of moonlight creep through the sheer curtains. I think about checking the time, but it can only bring disappointment. 
    My head is pounding with the force of the forces that lie within it. There's a cup of water on the desk...

Seeking Peer Reviews

31 minutes ago

2

Ellie Freeman (United States) published:

Salty

“You’ll be better at it than Jonah and I” claimed my twin, aka opponent since birth. Amanda was the firstborn: by a minute. We were born a month early because she was so much better at growing than I was that the doctors worried she’d eat me or something. 
Amanda has always been the perfect child. So, when she sets her mind on forever being perfect, I’m left the runner-up. At everything. At nine she can give you precise directions...

Seeking Peer Reviews

38 minutes ago

2

Salty

Seeking Peer Reviews

39 minutes ago

4

SamRose (United States) published:

Thank You

Thanks doesn't seem like a big enough word
It's too short to convey what I feel
So when I say thank you know that you heard
Two words that are honestly real.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧ (United States) published:

Interview (365 Prompts #292)

"What's this gap on your resume?"
"Well, I took a gap year to figure things out."
"Why?"
"To get more accustomed to the real world."
"Why?"
"To further understand the effort it takes to be employed in a wonderful business such as this one."
"I see...you speak three languages?"
"Oui."
"How could that help?"
"You do seem to get plenty of clients from overseas, I could potentially aid in the communications department."
"We don't have a communications department."
"Based on...

about 2 hours ago