Published Writing

Maxresdefault

BlueWriter (United States) published:

The Book Report

Personally, I would die for a book. What? Who said that?
​Hello gang....its me again. I have some more of this and some of that, and a tad sprinkle of DISASTER. You all know my good ol' teacher Mr. Shell, right? Well, he's been giving me a lot of work from school recently, and basically I have until next Tuesday to finish it. Sucks, huh? Oh but no! That's not all. Let me see...the book I just finished what, 500...

Seeking Peer Reviews

28 minutes ago

Jemima puddle duck by chantalgalvan d648ypi
1

Puddleduck (New Zealand) published:

Unfinished

PROMPT: Ask Michael

How can I get better at finishing stories I've started?

about 2 hours ago

Img 201709263 081430

Harley (South Africa) published:

My Voice

PROMPT: Ask Michael

How do I discover and develop my own unique voice as a writer? I know that I am what I read, but how do I go beyond trying to simply reproduce the writing styles and voices of other great artists and writers.

about 4 hours ago

Img 201709263 081430

Harley (South Africa) published:

My Voice

PROMPT: Ask Michael

How do I discover and develop my own unique voice as a writer? I know that I am what I read, but how do go beyond trying to simply reproduce the writing styles and voices of other great artists and writers.

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Jacob Barrett (New Zealand) published:

A More Hopeful Song

VERSE:
You can say people are vicious and cruel
That it's our nature to hurt one another
In spite of every evil thing we do
I know our nature's to nurture each other

PRECHORUS:
Still we build walls
Dividing us all
Watching the gap growing larger

CHORUS:
People say that nothing will ever change
But I disagree
People say one song won't change a thing
Why can't they see
If we all sing a more hopeful song
We might just...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

The book theif

The_One_Who_Lives (United States) published:

Him

The first time I saw him was at a church meeting. He was standing in front of everyone giving a talk. I never really pay close attention to the speakers, but when I heard him say that he was in marching band, I couldn't be distracted. I had never seen him before. He couldn't possibly be in the same club as me. The next rehearsal, however, he was there. Not only that, he was in my section! I couldn't believe...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Img 0507

olac (United States) published:

Jayson Tatum's Outstanding Move Into the NBA

PROMPT: Sports Journalism Competition

A college basketball player of Duke University has struck the many minds of the media with his incredible talent. He plays with the ability to make most of his shots but he also plays with the ability to make you in an uproar for the type of shots he makes.
Jayson Tatum, 19, has been playing basketball ever since he could remember. He started to enjoy it, even more, starting in middle school. He's always desired to play professionally.

Going...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

F5bb0652211bc71899902b95ea4bea3f

Marshmalllow (United States) published:

Enigma - Chapter I

The airport was deserted. Not a soul was to be seen, save for mine. I was waiting for someone to pick me up, but nobody seemed to be coming. 
 "Hello."
      I snapped my head to my side, where the voice seemed to come from. A small girl was sitting on the seat to the right of me. I blinked. I must be delirious, I thought. 
"Hello, Sir. It is nice to meet you." She said...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 8 hours ago

Toulvkfnkz41pq4wlaaj
1

wonder on the other side (United States) published:

The Deepest Parts

My hair whipped around me in flickering streaks of gold like that of the roaring grasslands that surrounded me. When I looked up to the moonless night I gasped. It had been too long since I'd been able to go out to see this, the swirling of colors that dipped in and out of the darkness through the seasons. To see the beautiful blue lighted stars that spread their wings of light to this distant place.
    And what...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

joyelizabeth (United States) published:

Parking Lots

I feel sorry for you. 
    You will search for me in the dark, when you reach for her. Her fingers won't have the same callouses or bravery as mine. You'll think of me when you run your hands through her hair and remember that I loved that, that I asked you to do it again, that you never did. You'll search for me in the rain, when she asks you to watch a thunderstorm and suddenly its me in my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Piggy!!!

Bo Bednar (United States) published:

The Bear's Pocket

PROMPT: Names for Nature

Near my house there is a tiny little creek with a bridge that goes over it, and a square of grass next to it that is about 20 sq. ft.
Beyond that is a driveway that is always empty.
I have not ever seen one car there.
One day, on the worn out, rotten picnic table that went back to nature and got rejected, a bear appeared.
He was gigantic.
People would put used cigarettes and beer cans in front...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Img 0699

MG Cowan (United States) published:

Twenty-Thousand Missing Corners- 36

"Laszlo, listen, because there's nothing else you can do," June said.
    She took a breath, and began.
    "So, I've been thinking, and I know I think a lot--- well, maybe not as much as Edwin does--- but I've had a thought. It's not a good thought. In fact, it's a bad thought. A very, very, very bad thought. Laszlo, look at this---"
    She held up the wooden figure that Edwin had found.
    "It's perfect. It's...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Lee Fudge (United States) published:

America and Russia

You know America and Russia have a few similarities like..

- They both have regions (States in America, Provinces in Russia.) with their own constitutions.

- Both had a revolution.

- Both have had a civil war.

- Both expanded in a certain direction. (West for America, East for Russia, however this one is a bit of stretch.)

- Both have presidents.

- Both have had territory that is independent now. (Philippines for America, former Soviet Republics for Russia, again...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Peace
2

Opened_Mind (United States) published:

As Times Change

"We used to hum along to all the songs that played on the radio. He'd fake a guitar, I'd bang on the steering wheel, and for a moment we would pretend that we were in a band. We'd sing along to anything; Nirvana, Styx, Beatles. We rocked The Sound of Silence to hell and back. I guess we were always hoping for the day when we could leave and find something else. But then his dad died, and his mom...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 11 hours ago

Img 0161

Pandy99 (United States) published:

The Social House

I was just too caught up in the blue walls of that old place, the old social house. The dances and the balls, the royals and the poisoned teacups. The way people formed groups but were always happy to let you in, because what fun would it be otherwise. The hide and seek and the counting games. The interviews and the polls. I was watching that place, that home-but-only-some-of-the-times as I followed her out. 
I didn't even know her name....

about 11 hours ago

Untitled
2

ARS7 (United States) published:

I Am Loved

I am different.

People of today say to be different and cool. But that's not what they really mean. They expect you to dress, talk, and act the same way as they do.

I am an outcast.

Not in the ancient sense. I wasn't banished from my country for some heinous crime. Instead I am an outcast because I am different.

I am hated.

People of today say to be tolerant. But when it comes to what I believe, they...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 11 hours ago

Tumblr static tumblr static  640
1

this_kid_is (United States) published:

Apologies Don't Mean Anything When the Mistake Keeps Happenning

Note to self: Making yourself visible does not mean you will be seen. 
You will tell people who you are over and over and over 
Until you wonder if you are speaking the same language
because it seems like they can't understand you
Or maybe
Maybe they just can't see you 
They know you're there but they really don't want to believe you
you're just dropped stitches and careless mistakes 
The foolish fumbling of fingertips 
Following a pattern, they don't...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 12 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

IzabellaSpark (Canada) published:

The Bird with Broken Wings

Friedrich did not think this was how he would die. He had always imagined that he would die in his sleep as an old man with Margarethe at his side. Perhaps dying for his country was not the worst way to go. Still, his stomach turned as his bi-plane fell from the air.
Friedrich turned around in his seat to see Josef's distraught face. Josef grabbed Friedrich's shoulder and held on tightly as if they could survive this together. They...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 12 hours ago

Img 6347
1

TheWildTimTam (New Zealand) published:

Dreaded Birthdays

I actually don't like birthdays.
I know! Shock! Horror! But, truth be told, I have come to dread a day used to celebrate the birth of a human being. Hashtag weird much! There's no definable reason, nor is there some dark secret of my past that will explain my growing dislike of birthdays. Heck, I don't even enjoy my own all that much. Though, cake is nice. It just seems all very overkill. Presents, people, a feast to make deities...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 12 hours ago

Kate's camera 2017 021

Kaitlyn (United States) published:

Braving Life (Chapter Three)

I looked around and screamed at the top of my lungs. "Take me back! Where am I? What the heck, why have you kidnapped me?" A whole ton of swear words were running through my mind. "This is unfair you - you - you -" I stuttered.
    "We're in an underground safe place." Jesse wasn't trying very hard.
    "Oh yes. Sure looks safer than any other place I've been."
    "It is," he replied offended.
    "Okay,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

Harper grace
3

HarperGrace (United States) published:

Rosie

PROMPT: Year by Year

Year One: I open my eyes for the first time in my brother's arms. He tightens his hold on me and grins brightly at Mother, who is watching with a nervous expression. Her arms are up and ready, just in case he drops me.

Year Two: He blew out the candles for me during my first birthday party. Everyone laughed, and I did too. I got a lot of presents.

Year Three: I say his name for the first time. It's Josh, but I...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

Cecil
1

nao (United States) published:

The Unpleasantries of a First Date

PROMPT: All in a Minute  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

She wasn’t enjoying sitting here in this restaurant. She wasn’t enjoying her expensive, too tight dress. She wasn’t enjoying waiting for what she knew would be insanely small portions of insanely expensive food. She wasn’t enjoying the nonchalant banter he was forcing upon her. She wasn’t enjoying needing to pee from drinking three glasses of complimentary bubbly water. She wasn’t enjoying his accidental tipsiness. She wasn’t enjoying him scooting closer to her, his cologne making her nauseous. But then again,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 15 hours ago

Akaza.akari.full.1265322

Puppet Paint (United States) published:

Towards the End

PROMPT: Ask Michael

Dear Michael,
    What creates a good climax and ending for short stories? A lot of times, mine feel forced or rushed or just confusing all together.
    Also, do you spend the most time writing, rewriting, or advertising as a writer?

about 16 hours ago

Wtw pic

Zoe Skaggs (United States) published:

Answer to Riddle!

As most of you probably know by now, I posted not too long ago a piece called "Riddle!". Here is the answer!

The answer is (drumroll, please!) William! William only bought the one lone cup, so after they all used their cups and they were washed, William had all of his cups, whereas everyone else only had some of them. 

Congratulations to all of you who guessed correctly, and for those of you who guessed Angela, I apologize, I made...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 16 hours ago

Wtw pic

Zoe Skaggs (United States) published:

Quick Question

PROMPT: Ask Michael

How long does it usually take to finish a novel and get it published?

about 16 hours ago