Published Writing

1

Anushka Mehrotra (India) published:

Trust Me, I Am Lying

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

It was seventeen minutes past one when I received the text message.
‘Come to the terrace,’ it said.
Piyush, my son, had invited me for dinner at nine to his hostel room. His promises to come in fifteen minutes had added up to four hours. Still, I could wait for him for hours on end. He was all I had after my husband, Dev had left us six months ago.
I reached the top in no time. Despite the pitch...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

2

@PRANAVI_079 (India) published:

Nosedive, Limitless (EXO 2 NCT)

PROMPT: Word Collage

When things are hard, you can just cry in pain

You'll always have me, even if the world turns cold

For to have faith is to have wings. 

Mortals tend to see only what they understand

But you, your existence is limitless.  

about 2 hours ago

Maryam Q (Malaysia) published:

When The Fire Left Her Eyes

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay? That was my bad... I'm just tired, I guess." Letty managed an apologetic smile. 

"HAH! TIRED! JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR LAZY! PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO SOCIETY! I KNOW FOR A FACT - A FACT - THAT YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE" The tall lady with the face as red as her temper and an air of arrogance about her would not have been happy to know that Letty was in fact not paying any...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

1

Amalia Georgia Costa (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) published:

Anno Pandaemonium

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

The Town is a pitiful village east of New Texas, and it smells of burning rubber. The acrid scent constantly floats in from the desert winds of The Plains, which simmer and shift like a sediment-based Aunty Crystal's Glitter Jelly Mix, which you can buy at O'Neill's Convenience Store for 0.80 Salgadinhos. You feel like jelly when you cross them, too. A million tiny nuggets of sand burn through your soles and your clothes, and you forget where the land...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

1

ajbcreations (United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) published:

Disobedience

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

If I could stop time, I would have to do it now. The thick canopy above my head acts as a blood-orange filter, the little sun reaching through the leaves tinted a deep auburn. All is still except for a collection of leaves floating down from their branches, toppling through the air, landing on a bed of their brothers and sisters lost to the season. A squirrel scuttles about, too brisk to catch a glimpse, uninterested by anything other than finding nuts to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

5

Fernweh (India) published:

In The Bar Of The Lost Souls

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Qetsiyah woke up with a start. She had been screaming in her sleep till her throat had went hoarse. Wincing with pain, she got out of her bed and walked up to the only window in her room.

A soft breeze was flowing outside the big and airy window. The clear air felt like ice on her sweat-beaded face. It went past her shoulders and lightly ruffled her midnight black hair.

Somewhere, in the distance, she heard the soft strummings...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

kiarasvdm (Australia) published:

The Switching Ceremony

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

A pair of bloodied, mud-covered black converse stopped eye-level with Brent’s face. The owner was close enough to pull him from his hiding place but not smart enough to find him. For now, Brent was safe. The drain where he was sitting wasn’t very big, luckily as the smallest boy in his class, Brent fit snuggly into the space without having to contort into a strange and uncomfortable shape. The converse moved on. The image of them lingering in the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

9

Fernweh (India) published:

I am here to review!

"We all need people who will give us feedback. That's how we improve."
~Bill Gates

Recently, I saw a lot of people volunteering for reviewing and I am so thankful to them. Reviewing is such a wonderful and necessary job. And to contribute more to the cause, I too am willing to review pieces.

But unfortunately, I have a very busy schedule since my exams are going on and stuff (Its my 10th....I am sure all my fellow Indians...

about 4 hours ago

Interestingme (Australia) published:

The Remarkable Tales of Elnar Boosalias - Chapter 2

Mr Boosalias had a very complicated morning routine, one that required a limber body and some mental gymnastics. One that he didn't miss for anything, even when he was sick. Which was why he was wheezing on the floor in the middle of his advanced pilates. Yet being the stubborn man he is, he forced himself through, even though his subconscious was just waiting for an excuse to stop. 

And an excuse he got, when someone started using his door...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

7

The Great Gabs-by (Singapore) published:

Hi guys, I'm sorry...

Hey guys,

I still have reviews to do (sorry that after so long, I only decided to say it now so I hope someone else reviews your work too:))) and stories to write but I don't think I can continue anymore. I've been thinking about this for awhile now and I've decided that this will be where I end my journey with Write the World. This platform was a great place for me to explore and experiment and after writing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

1

Flowerful (United States of America) published:

An Abandoned Lake

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Nights like these are my favorite.
    Not because I find them fun, or exciting, or even interesting-- It’s nothing like that. Maybe it’s just the way the frigid December air feels, the texture of the lake as my foot traces along it’s ice, soon melting into water again. I don’t think this is exciting at all; It’s the lack thereof that makes this place so appealing. Each time I arrive, I’m accompanied by a sense of eagerness. Eager for a...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

2

Stewart Worthington (Australia) published:

How about you?

Does anyone want to be the one I think about? 
My mind is free for you to fill.
My heart is here for you to steal.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

MarSan (Mexico) published:

Meeting the King

PROMPT: Bite-Sized Fantasy  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

When Odeo barges in the barn, sweat-drenched and panting, he doesn't find the King. 

A shiver rushes up to his spine, but he's certain, prophecies don't lie. Inside, everything is painted golden: the wheat, the steps touched by sunlight, the pitchforks. Odeo reaches a hand towards his earring, meeting a cracked surface. He pulls out a bit of his soul out of the shattered gem, dark fog circling his head. He can't perform a bigger spell, in fear of being...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

tahlia_paiger (Australia) published:

The Original and The Clone

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

I hate to read books. I try to reach for the impossible world that they describe, but really it’s pushing me into an unknown darkness. I prefer to read science, things that describe reality. Voices in the gloom of my mind whisper in wonder about how humans destroyed our only chance at life. How are we so small compared to earth but leave such a large mess? The world that I live in is like smoke, continuously changing and there’s...

about 7 hours ago

Allison Badertscher (United States of America) published:

The Playground

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Chapter 1

Have you ever been put in a position, where you know what you should do, but you still have to decide if you shouldn’t do it anyway? I have, and I’m only eight years old. I shouldn’t be dealing with these kinds of big girl decisions yet. But I had to make one anyway last week. It was on Friday but I remember it like it was yesterday. 
    One of my friends in my class was swinging on...

about 8 hours ago

13
1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

An Apology

Mamma, I only went out for ten minutes,
I wanted to go next door to play,
I shut the door and I shut the gate,
And double-checked like you always say.

Mamma, I went out he stopped me,
That driver uncle from two houses away,
He gave me a chocolate,
And asked me if I wanted to go for a 'Ride" today.

Mamma, I know I should have refused,
But I was only seven that time,
And my naive, innocent...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

An Apology

Mamma, I only went out for ten minutes,
I wanted to go next door to play,
I shut the door and I shut the gate,
And double-checked like you always say.

Mamma, I went out he stopped me,
That driver uncle from two houses away,
He gave me a chocolate,

Mamma, I know I should have refused,
But I was only seven that time,
And my naive, innocent...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

1

pencil.scratches (India) published:

Diaphanous

My hands were bleeding,
But they didn't care,
As I bent alone,
To pick up your pieces to try and put you back together.
But no one told me that when glass breaks the chipped parts will never heal,
Because those broken bits flee and hide in the darkness.
And everyone told me that while trying to piece you together, 
Your colors would fade,
That you wouldn't want to show yourself, cracks and all.
But they didn't see that they...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

aditi (United States of America) published:

The Soiree

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"Have you located the weapon yet? I don't know how much longer I can stay here with these brainless mortals." I hissed into the comm, plastering a fake smile on my face and selected one of those small finger foods that wouldn't even satisfy a fly. 
"I'm working on it, Penthisilea. Just... wait for some more time." Polemusa sighed. I exhaled in frustration and grabbed a champagne flute, pretending to drink while scanning the room. The bubbly liquid tickled my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

The Soiree

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"I'm working on it, Penthisilea. Just... stall a little longer." Polemusa sighed. I exhaled in frustration and grabbed a champagne flute, pretending to drink while scanning the room. The bubbly liquid tickled my lips....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

1

kellsjc (United States of America) published:

The Boy Without a Name

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Elton John once said, "And I'm afraid, in this day and age, trust, which I count so, you know, I love loyalty. I love trust." I figure we all wish for trust, like a child's safety blanket, like the companionship of a dear, long-lost friend?

The Boy did. The pitiful Boy, desiring comfort and trust. Even he himself thought it was dreadful, pathetic even. This kid was alone, untouchable by hope and lost too far into the artificial...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

The Boy Without a Name

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 9 hours ago

Jodalyn Joseph [STUDENT] (United States of America) published:

A True Reflection

PROMPT: Novel Writing Competition 2019

"The feeling that comes with being independent doesn't always feel like a pleasure that has been given."
    That is how 18 year old Samara Sweets feels as she walks around her apartment, looking for something to make for dinner. She has been living in her apartment near the college she currently attends for almost a year. The main issue with her living situation is that Samara lives alone and is barely able to keep up with paying for...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

Phoenix #sparkingcreativity

"Young lady, are you sure you want to go to the Forbidden Forest? It's not safe for a lady of your pedigree," the driver said hesitantly, torn between attending to his customer's request and the safety of himself and his horse. 
"I assure you, kind sir, that I will be safe. I will make sure to put in a good word with my father about your services," she said hurriedly. She could feel the beginnings of the rebirth, and she...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago

N. (United States of America) published:

halfway through autumnal bliss

My dear, do you mind
If I step the line between the
Soulless souls and lifeless lives
Just to feel the cool press
Of your hands in mine.
We could bend borrowed time
With hidden kisses and
Averted gazes underneath starred skies,
Sneaking around like a bard’s
Petulant characters. But
Don’t lose me, my darling,
Or it’s heaven to pay. Still,
Let us find chaos in this peace
of forever in a second.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 10 hours ago