Published Writing

Default avatar user icon

Nick Tal (United States) published:

The Curse of Online/Social Medias

PROMPT: Personal Narrative Competition 2018

I looked up at the clock. "5:00?!?! My parents would be home in an hour and I haven't even started on my homework!" I thought after school one day. This was something that had repeated many, many times: Get home early but didn't start on my homework until the last hour before my parents came home. Almost every day. 

In theory, if one gets home before 3 P.M. and has three hours to finish homework, most of it should be...

Seeking Peer Reviews

23 minutes ago

Default avatar user icon

EvHoot (United States) published:

Imperfection

I brushed my achievements and accomplishments away, assuring myself I would allow praise after I had changed the world. Never would I have thought my first true reward I’d given to myself was for something imperfect. Years of school never betraying my 'perfect student' title and earning only a 4.0 GPA had passed. I looked upon the gradebook, delighted to see only the color green, (even though my favorite color is orange). Each painless test, evident homework assignment and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

31 minutes ago

Louboutin
2

fooled (United States) published:

Rose

She took my hand, 
pulled me so close. 
Wrapped me in her love, 
"I love you so much",
lovely sweet rose. 

I'm sorry, so sorry. 
I didn't appreciate. 
She gave me everything, 
but I didn't wait. 
I left her cuz I'm selfish, 
I came back. It's too late. 

"You're my reason to live" 
oh poor rose. 
I promised her, but I didn't keep it. 
"You're the only one for me", why did I say it?
Gave her false hope. 

Should...

Seeking Peer Reviews

37 minutes ago

My customer

stripedfly1001 (United States) published:

Dream

My whole life, I have had a dream, a single vision that kept me going even when everyone and everything else failed. A motivation, a life-goal, a reason. And for the longest time, that reason made sense.
    That dream was to live. I didn't have a crystal-clear idea for the future, but I knew what I wanted. I wanted to grow up, finish school and college, get a job, maybe find a family. I wanted to be happy,...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

My customer

Warmest months

PROMPT: Climate Changing  | GROUP: Global Citizens

To nearly everyone's surprise, the weather in the northeast is warmer than it has been all year, even though its August (at least where I live.) Usually July is the warmest month, but this year found me wearing sweaters then. Now, so close to Fall, T-shirts and shorts are the most comfortable. Nope, this isn't normal for around here, but change is something I've always enjoyed and accepted, so maybe it isn't so bad, after all.

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

My customer

The storm

PROMPT: The Drabble  | GROUP: Flash Fiction

Lightning blazed outside the window, and for a split second the earth glowed with the light of a hundred lights. Thunder followed soon after, shaking the leaves on trees, almost threatening to uproot the oaks.
    The storm had been unpredicted, but not unwelcome. A drought had spread its reach for so long and so far that even a tempest to this degree was something to anticipate. 
    Rain pattered on the roof, clanging loudly against bricks and clay....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

My customer
1

Days

PROMPT: Our Days  | GROUP: Words for Joy

I wish I spent my days less alone
and yet more solitary

I wish I was braver
but not as rash

Stronger
but weak enough not to hurt anyone

Purer
but not naïve

Simple
and yet complex enough

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

My customer

Night Breeze

PROMPT: "Night Breeze"  | GROUP: Poets and Wordsmiths

It is leaning out a bedroom window, longing
It is dreaming of the impossible and finding it

It is breathing the dark air and feeling the night
It is hearing the song of the moon, of life

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Louboutin
2

fooled (United States) published:

Old Ways

FREE WRITING  | GROUP: Poets and Wordsmiths

Oh how foolish of me to believe, 
why would I, for one second think you won't leave?

You're just like the rest of them, in your own ways...
I was warned a million times, 
but my heart for you blind it always stays. 
On myself I know I shouldn't be too hard,
after all you're smile for me, was rainbows and sunshine rays. 

It's still no excuse, I should've known better.
I'm not alone, but without you, I still suffer.   ...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Apologize social awkwardness

Awk Ward (United States) published:

I Might Be a Philosopher...and a Therapist

My existential crisis is a funny thing. Funny in that 'bad-comedian-makes-a-horribly-rascist-joke' sort of way. Funny in that particular brand of funny that really isn't funny at all. (Except it sort of is, you'll see.)

The crisis started small. 
Me, my life, its purpose and direction, does anything I do actually matter. 
It kept to the nice little 'existential' category. 

Then it took a truly massive and completely unnecessary leap into space and the universe, breaking out of the 'existential' crisis...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Un welcome by cocokat d6kc9t2 welcome to night vale fan art 3

RainAndSonder (United States) published:

Ideas, Ideas, IDEAS (For This Wonderful Website)

PROMPT: Your Ideas for WtW

What do you most value about Write the World? 

First of all, I think Write the World is a wonderful website to get feedback on, and it has greatly helped me improve my writing. I love how the peer reviews are set up, especially how you can highlight and leave comments, and tell authors what's working and what needs improving in their work. A year or two ago, before I found this website, I had hardly considered becoming a...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Il 570xn.552487634 fcqt

mrcolinredwards (United States) published:

Back To Neverland: The Unofficial Sequel To P.J Hogan's Peter Pan Chapter 12. Epilogue:

Description: Hey guys,our story is now coming to it's end. It's been a long wonderful ride and I hope you've all enjoyed it. But,for now,here is the epilogue and just what has become of our heroes (as well as surviving villains) after Neverland is safe. And get ready because something amazing will happen at the end. Enjoy!

Rated: K+ ( for some violence and peril)

Genre: Fantasy/Adventure

Life in Neverland went back to normal,but everyone knew that it was going...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Il 570xn.552487634 fcqt
1

The Labyrinth Of Lost Mothers,A Peter Pan Story,Prologue:

Description: Greetings dear readers,tis I,mrcolinredwards. My story,Back To Neverland: The Unofficial Sequel To P.J Hogan's Peter Pan,is now finished and I do hope that you all enjoyed it because I most certainly did. However,this is not the end of the adventures of our heroes because now another one begins. Our heroes will be going on another adventure,but before I can tell you what that adventure is,we must start with the mysterious,captivating prologue. So,without further ado,let us begin.

Rated:...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Il 570xn.552487634 fcqt
1

Genre: Fantasy/Adventure

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Black girl yellow

Natalie Miller (United States) published:

Passing By

It was a day before Hurricane Katrina hit my hometown of New Orleans and my family and I squished together like a litter of cats in our family car. My body shook violently from side to side as our red expedition bumped along the gravely road. I listened intently as the creaky sounds from the radio fumed the space, incessantly repeating the word storm.I didn’t know what the word meant at the time but I could’ve guessed as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

Up on poppy hill
1

Catlover (United States) published:

Quote of the Day

"All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them" -Walt Disney. 

about 3 hours ago

Img 3132

-writinginhopesofsomeday- (United States) published:

CHECK THIS OUT, IT'S SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!!

I know I haven't updated in a long time but check out this blog LUMEN RAIN!!!!!! It's lumenrain.com and features articles from, myself!! The team and I want you to join us in this safe space that will add cool tips and tricks, as well as inspiring stories to counter negativity in this world. CHECK IT OUT PLEASE!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! 

about 4 hours ago

2b8e6911 dd54 4cbb 8d55 54df9652aa59
1

camlily (United States) published:

Luna Lemon <3

~PLEASE READ THIS PIECE BECAUSE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT AND THE WORLD WILL END IF YOU DON'T~

Today I would like to bring your attention to a very special writer who goes by the alias of Luna Lemon.  She is not only a spectacular writer but an extremely supportive, kind, and caring person in general!  I can't even tell you how many comments that she has left on my pieces that have actually made me tear up because it's...

about 4 hours ago

Image
3

Rosie. (United Kingdom) published:

Taxi

I hail a taxi and I climb in. "hello-how-are-you-can-I-have-a-lift-to-57-marigold-creasent-please?", I practise in my head. I slam the door behind me. "where you going" asks the driver. I open my mouth. "I'm broke". She nods once. Takes in my bedraggled hair and running mascara. "Where do you need to get to?'".

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Dsc04727 %282%29
2

ollieollie (United States) published:

Drive

He sat in the driver's seat, hands locked on the wheel. He stiffly turned his head as his sister climbed in. Glancing at his feet, she smirked.
   "It's still in park, take your foot off the break."
   He sighed and eased his foot off. "Explain why you're taking me driving this late? I just got my permit."
   "Because, my dude, the mystery of the night will fuel your instincts. Also, there are less cars out."
   "First...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Dsc04727 %282%29
2

ollieollie (United States) published:

The Butterfly

When I was a baby, my pastor prophesized that I would be a butterfly. A beautiful metaphor, if you don't think about it too much. Butterflies are essential. They pollenate our world; bringing a small piece of their light everywhere they go, and in return picking up a piece of the world to take with them. However, butterflies are very fragile. And most importantly, they never stay in one place for long.
   I changed schools after first grade. I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

This is a picture of a bvery strange anf farm
3

RedWriter (United States) published:

Raspberry

We stay here, in the middle of December, with Christmas shoppers hurrying in and out of the stores, families laughing and people singing as cars constantly linger for the space between white lines to once again be unoccupied. There are storm clouds overhead, but honestly, it looks like it will snow. I hope it does, I think, toying with a raspberry. I put the raspberry in my mouth and look at you. "What are you doing?" you ask, bemused.
    "Blowing...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

B9cc0d0d 96ae 4723 9a1e ead50e9eb110
3

xme23 (United States) published:

The Thief

My career as a thief began when I was 11 years old. The first thing I stole was the smile of a little fifth grade boy. He was short and round, with a plump face and small eyes. I will refer to him as Andrew*, though that is far from his real name. I was shy and young, and I never meant to steal his smile. But unbeknownst to me, my life as a thief had begun.
 ...

about 6 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
2

klavier-musiek (South Africa) published:

Life of a Leaf

PROMPT: Impermanence

unfurling young greens
golds, reds, browns carpet the floor
shrivel into dust

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

2018 08 04 16.33.31

Aaliyah (United States) published:

The Orphanage

“From redwood trees to mountain lands,
Blue vast oceans, and golden sands,
The danger within, the thrill in the heart,
There’s something ahead, as soon as you start.
It’s a whole beautiful life, to get through,
The places and tradition, they excite you,
Once you quit the city lights,
Everywhere you go, there’ll be strange sights.”

In October 2016, I was twelve when I visited Kolkata in West Bengal, India. I had heard that Kolkata used to be the national...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago