Peer Reviews

13

Extraordinary me (India) published:

Love

Love is patience,love is kind.
Love is adorable,love is divine.
Love is beautiful, love is blind.
Love is miracle but you have to find.
Love is in you which make you shine.
Love is in your heart, love is in your mind.
Love is royal, love is giant.
Love is doctor, with love I'm fine.
Love is my wings, with love I'm flying.
Love is priceless but it is mine.
I love my family because together we make a beautiful...

Seeking Peer Reviews

2 minutes ago

1

The Song of a Thousand Girls (Australia) published:

I AM A FEMINIST

"Young women are bombarded by images of perfection which no human being can really achieve."
Emma Watson

“I raise my voice not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
- Malala Yousafzai

"When did this world learn to sew the mouths of women shut? But they've been making us sew for generations. We know how to unpick a stitch."
- Me
...

Seeking Peer Reviews

3 minutes ago

Lalita (India) published:

She said yes

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

I'm sitting here writing a latter to the girl I love because I'm too afraid to say that to her and I am sure she's straight and won't like me back but I can't control my feelings right? 

In the morning. 

Hey miya stop I shouted 

Hey Lia she said with her brightest smile which I fell in love with  

I just want to give this to you. You can read this whenever you want and answer me okay I...

Seeking Peer Reviews

4 minutes ago

Macka (Australia) published:

A Drip. A Sound. A Patter.

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

A drip. A sound. A patter. She sees her. She turns  away. She thinks of it all. She thinks of the tear. A drip. A single tear that dripped down her face. No. Come back. She can’t. She remembers her scream. A sound. It’s distant now but once, once it was so loud. She sees the crowd. Sees them all. How they came. A patter. They came with no regrets. They came with no remorse. They came and they saw...

6 minutes ago

CoCoCream (Singapore) published:

Madness?

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

A raindrop indoors. Then a sharp sound. No one else flinches. Then I started seeing people, hearing voices. All unfamiliar. They’re not from my mind but another world.
  People draw back from my mutterings. Perhaps I’m the one drawing back. Reality and hallucination blur together.
  I slipped into the other world. My mum’s blond. My dad’s dead. I’m middle-aged. They say it’s a miracle, delusional for years then cured.
  But, Mama’s black. Papa’s alive. I’m a teenager.
  In and out....

9 minutes ago

Ann Maria Thomson (Bahrain) published:

A100

‘’ The boy is alive’’ A woman’s voice was echoing his ears. Murmurs of pain erupted from his dry throat. ‘’Ha, strong boy’’, said the man patting the boy’s dark hair ‘’throw him in the river. Good bye A100.’’ The pain blinded the boy’s effort to open his eyes. He could feel blood oozing out of his body but which part he didn’t know. He opened his eyes to see the bright blue sky. The peaceful scenery gave him the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

39 minutes ago

2

Shaik. Sumair (India) published:

Incompleteness

There is incompleteness in life,
while living in everyone's life,
The journey had just begun,
At the age of 19, I understood the mean.
I have confused life,
In the confusion of covering happiness.
In the nights, tears flows,
From the silence of deepest part of life.

There is incompleteness in life,
while living in everyone's life.
I look and smile even it's my worst,
I understood God made me a chessboard .
I have buried my heart ,
By...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

solarflair (United States) published:

Op-Ed: Keep Yr Eyes Open (Human Trafficking Stops With Us)

Note: Please read "Message to Readers" if you would like a content warning. 

Slavery still exists in the United States. In contrast to slavery in the pre-Civil War years, contemporary slavery is harder to discern, even though it is widespread. It hides in motels adjacent to highways, in suburbia, and in sleepy rural towns. But, we can be a part of the solution. When a person, family, or community chooses to learn about human trafficking, it makes them and the...

about 1 hour ago

Waterside (Australia) published:

The melody of the hurt and angry

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

Yelling echoes from below, I as sit in my room blasting music through my headphones waiting for the argument to be over. Its now a daily occurrence of having to hear this, its my grandparents turn as they fight down stairs their debating skills put to waste over another stupid reason, its just nature now. Every single day it's either school, parents or grandparents, sometimes a combination of the three, even worse all of them. I admit I fight with...

about 1 hour ago

3

lochnessie (Australia) published:

winter sun

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

I am four, and my father carries me on his shoulders late at night - the street is quiet enough. Apprehensive. The air is cool and bitter, city smog.
I am seven, and my grandmother pulls me along, walking briskly. The street is damp with rain and dense with floral perfume.
I am fourteen, and the street reflects rainbows. It is Valentine's Day, and I walk hand in hand with my reason to blush. 

I am fifteen, and my father...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

1

blind eye (New Zealand) published:

Innocent But Never Stupid

they told me nothing would change,
that it would be the same.
i am young 
but even a 14 year old is no fool,
and no wife can be consoled,
when husband’s hit the bottom of the bottle
and still have tendencys to not return calls
if you asked me to name 2 fools,
i would point you in the direction of the two sitting at seperate dining tables

~going their seperate ways

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

4

Eblinn (Belgium) published:

catwalk in the city

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

he's limping in his runners. worn by generations of people he doesn't know, the street feeds on his rubber soles. and when the air smokes up and the day bellows, he sits crosslegged.

coffee cup spills empty on the floor. dimes roll in the gutter. his hands scramble. they trample. 

it's their money. their pumps, boots, sneakers, ankles. sometimes they trip over his living. being. in their gaits he tastes loneliness, heartbreak, sunken thoughts. but also carelessness. and disgust. to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Nedori Kohl (Australia) published:

I WILL CATCH GINGERBREAD soon.

Uncanny clocks strike and once again
I search for you: myth in the form of man
I search for hands rough as grain 
That have never touched me, and never can 

I search for you in a thousand faces 
Taste your skin in a cycle of song 
I’ve never ran so many races 
For you I’m thirsty and to run is wrong. 

Is there no encyclopaedia on how to catch
Flesh born from greed and human sin?
Stop running,...

about 1 hour ago

1

y1shan.g (New Zealand) published:

Rear-view mirror

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

It was 11:59pm. I look in the rear-view mirror, waiting, as frost creeps up my car window.

She would be here.

Soon.

When the luminescent red numbers on my dashboard morphs, I know it's time. My eyes dart to the mirror again, and there she was, cold gaze meeting mine unwaveringly. Suddenly, everything I've prepared and practiced in the bathroom seeps out of my brain, as my mouth tries to form even just a word. Before I utter anything, the...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

1

NightRain (United States) published:

being (Hibiscus) forever

Build me a temple of stone, and
we’ll see if you visit it in the next year, or
in the next twenty.
because you want to remember me again?

Create a shrine for me, and
yet I’ll still be wondering if those candles are scented
with hibiscus
because you somehow remembered the name of my
favorite flower.

and yet I never cared to look back,
never cared to wait in a courtyard of stone
until now,
until a little voice...

about 2 hours ago

1

Great_Piggy (United States) published:

After Two Years

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

Billy and his best friend went to the town’s only arcade. He anxiously asked, “Hey Frank, what if there are people I know?” 
Suddenly, Frank’s phone rang. 
Joey. 
Billy moved to Canada two years ago and never contacted old friends from Hanover except for Frank. The awkwardness he imagined terrified him. Frank convinced Billy there wouldn't be anyone, but Billy was busy scanning faces.
Joey told Frank that a group will arrive at the arcade to celebrate a friend’s...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

siddd_77 (United Kingdom) published:

That’s Entertainment

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

The faint chatter of voices filled the halls, but none sounded close enough to pick up on what they were saying. I walked past the glass cases, each one had a person inside, eyes closed, behind a white masquerade mask, with gold feathers ever so gently placed at the corner. They looked like they were…sleeping? Why would they be sleeping? Before I could even begin to think of an answer, I was grabbed from behind, a cloth stuffed into my...

about 2 hours ago

1

Lily Sheppard (United Kingdom) published:

Running from the past

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

"A fresh start, away from it all" I thought as I stepped off the plane and walked down the stairs, with new hope guiding me. Spain. A place where no one knew my name, my past. A fresh start. 

Getting out of the airport was faster than getting in. I raised my arm to call for a taxi, eventually one stopped at the side of the road and the man, with a friendly but familiar smile, asked "Dónde?"
"Seville, por...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

MuhQuinas (United States) published:

Vengeance of A Young Girl

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

The chuckling tyrant fed her pain. Rel keeled over, contemplating either the clouds above, or pain within.
    "Teff really was the only one keeping you in line" she spat, blood from the crook of her mouth watering the dead earth below.
    The ringing returned to her. Tears bounced on her cheeks, from the sudden stirring of boots against bottles.
    "Get up," pierced the ringing. Her now squeezed hand lifted her to her...

about 3 hours ago

1

ACSB (El Salvador) published:

What is bad

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

And here I am, alone, with my stupid feelings. How did I ever think I was here to save the world? All this power, all this time. I thought I was weird, different, and in fact, I was. At first, I could only go back when I wanted to change something because it hurt my feelings. Then, it was for someone I loved. Finally, I was able to control it. I thought I could change every bad thing; everything wrong....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 3 hours ago

9

AllisonHRedwood (Japan) published:

αγάπη

PROMPT: Cosmological Moods

A
    N
        D
            R
                O
                    M
                        E
                            D
                                A
swirling its magick,

a golden bracelet of dust, 
mother to all children—stellae

a princess enchanted by the prince of the artist kingdom.
lending a hand, coil of filum, for minotaurum. 

to guide,             to kiss,                     to treasure.
            to home,                 to love, 

milky smooth skin, like oil, can harness, 
fairest mortalis
gifted by, Venus:...

about 4 hours ago

kuchisabishi (Canada) published:

Beauty Has but One Fear

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

The girl’s delicate features are twisted into a visage of utter fear. The rouge from her ruby red lips bleeds through the old rag she is gagged with.

To be fair, I did warn her. Did she think nothing of the torn hibiscus petals strewn about on her porch, the just-blooming buds ripped violently off their stems, or did beauty make her arrogant?

Two slashes from my knife still her beating heart, and it would only take one more to...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

1

Woleres (United States) published:

Lint

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

I've always had lint in my pocket. Short fibers of cloth or yarn, at least that's the Google definition of lint. When I was younger I used to think Shadows put the lint in my pocket. How else would it get there? But now I know Shadows don't just put lint in people's pockets. Shadows enjoy stuffing your ears with wax, putting sand in your eyes, and sticking dirt between your toes. I wish the Shadows liked me, then...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Juli70021 (United States) published:

A Rumor

PROMPT: Flash Fiction Competition 2022

It's just a rumor. Our "Haunted Woods" are famous, but there's no danger. If people really were disappearing here there'd be missing posters or worried families. 
It's just a rumor. 
Still these woods aren't exactly the place to be. Only five more minutes and I'll finish this silly dare.
Crack!
I twirl around immediately. Time stops as I watch the rustling bush. Maybe there's truth to the stories. Something jumps at me! I'd be a liar if I said...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

4

magpies in may (Guam) published:

Thoughts in the Orthodontist's Chair

It surprises me
how easily
those brackets come off

the pliers gently
teases them off
like throwing back metal clasps
from a long-forgotten
treasure chest

Just wait for the doctor.
the nurse leaves me in the chair.

I stare, entranced
at the brackets on the tray.
They're still together, joined
by the colorful wires. They
look like
broken vertebrae, or
clusters of unraveled conch shells, or
the vestiges of what's between us.

I run my tongue over my teeth.
It...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago