Our Commmunity

Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble (United States) published:

SHOUTOUT

Shoutout to amohn04 and her beautiful piece Pulling Back the Arrow
This wonderful story has vivid emotion, great imagery, and a stunning lack of views/likes/comments. 

Please do yourselves a favor and read this! You will not be disappointed!

Keep on! God bless!

5 minutes ago

E7e6331c d8fa 4014 8d5a d274a89505a5

parachutes (Canada) published:

Something Random

Bristol PD - Interrogation Room 4 - Midnight

Enter Scene

(A swath of black houseflies have encircled a LITHIONIAN LIGHT FIXTURE that is grey, cracked and dirty. They buzz around it angrily, as flies are apt to do. One of the flies accidentally bumps into the bulb. {In slow motion and up close} The fly begins to fall. His right wing and face has been singed grotesquely. Greasy yellow puss starts oozing out of it, and blood beads in the...

24 minutes ago

Ba954c56 d8f8 4e2c b64f 470fc29ac171
10
1

Just A Dream (United Kingdom) published:

CONTEST, 1.5 WEEKS LEFT #songofmysoul

Hello, darlings! I’m hoping to get a good amount of entries for this one, so please read! I’ll be a bit more informal than my usual style because I feel like it. 

The deets -
— Prompt: write a piece inspired by a song. It can be any song, but please note which song in the footnotes!

- Limit of 501 words to avoid taking too long with results (a total of 2 exceptions will be made)

- Tag your...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Ba954c56 d8f8 4e2c b64f 470fc29ac171

Just A Dream (United Kingdom) liked Hey Jude. by MarSan (Mexico)

about 1 hour ago

Img 3922
8

and-peggy (United States) published:

Everyone... happily... after?

Everyone deserves a happily ever after
Everyone, deep down inside, has good in them
I truly believe that!

Everyone deserves a happily ever after
Because the swirling, tumbling galaxies don't pick favorites
They don't choose who lives, who dies
They just facilitate it
Sitting, watching, waiting for our eventual downfall
But why does a fall have to be a bad thing?

Everyone deserves a happily ever after
Like in the fairy tales
Kids movies
Cartoon TV shows-
There is always...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Peer ambassador badge

YayaZ (United States) reviewed:

Tears by Moonlight

PROMPT: Dual Existence

I was attracted to this piece because of the intriguing title. I think that you could enhance the quality of this piece by giving readers more of a hint about the plot and setting. You did, however, do well in...

about 1 hour ago

Wolf

winterwolf0100 (United States) reviewed:

Jared

PROMPT: Two in a Canoe

I love how the author (you!) allow the reader to reach the conclusion by themselves about what happened to Dennis, which was a bone-chilling realization, and was really so much better unsaid. If the writer had said specifically that Jared...

about 1 hour ago

Screenshot 2019 07 05 13 43 47 1
2

Drishti Bhatia (India) published:

Legs aren't for pulling!

PROMPT: Rain or Shine

​​Her narrow, dry lips turn into a weak smile and then part slightly letting a childish giggle escape. Laughter is being reflected in her voice but not in the eyes. Anyone paying attention to it can realise that it is fake. Fake like the friendly punches she give others neglecting the tension in her muscles that wants to escape. Hidden deep under the layers of her lovely gestures is the feeling that's too bitter to taste.
She continues laughing as...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

Default avatar user icon

Madisonnn (United States) published:

Human Connection

PROMPT: Human Connections Essay Competition 2019

Human Connection
Human connection comes in different forms based on the relationship the two people have formed. The connections people form can be based off of the way their body, mind, heart, and spirit connect. Human connections can form in different kinds of ways, a connection can happen right off the bat or it can form after a period of time with that person. “Love at first sight” is an example of a well known specific connection two people experience.....

about 1 hour ago

37f4603385786c9637b2c35a497080a7

goldenmel (United States) reviewed:

Hey Jude.

PROMPT: Two in a Canoe

i like how the song's lyrics fit the story completely. it is a forlorn scenery summed up in a song.

about 1 hour ago

Calligraphy name art 20191009192619751 %282%29

caityege (Australia) reviewed:

with all your heart #HomoSapiensStory

PROMPT: “They Say”

Thank you for writing this piece, I thoroughly enjoyed reading and reviewing it! I hope you find my feedback useful, but do remember its only my opinion, some parts of where I believe could be improved, you may disagree with...

about 1 hour ago

Jpeg 20190507 003116

Aksh (India) reviewed:

Paddle

PROMPT: Two in a Canoe

It's a really cool piece. It's very dialogue based and set in the scene. Apart from a few grammatical errors, I really like it. Personally though I feel like adding some description of the setting would really help lift the...

about 1 hour ago

Peer ambassador badge

YayaZ (United States) reviewed:

“Saxophone-Playing Dad Serenades Cows By The Roadside”

PROMPT: "That's Unreal!"

All in all, I thought this article was great. If I could, I would totally subscribe to a magazine that published a piece like this!

about 1 hour ago

Cbf30662 e195 42c6 bf0a e0e2747462a0

BurningMidnightOil (United Kingdom) reviewed:

THEY SAY

PROMPT: “They Say”

Well done! Keep up the excellent work:)

about 1 hour ago

Pineapple2

#Ferg (Australia) reviewed:

The Lion, Witch and the Storeroom

PROMPT: The World of Thought

Please keep writing.

about 1 hour ago

Ba954c56 d8f8 4e2c b64f 470fc29ac171

Just A Dream (United Kingdom) liked graveyard lamentation #songofmysoul by and-peggy (United States)

about 1 hour ago

Peer ambassador badge

clos (United States) reviewed:

Reincarnated Atoms

PROMPT: Facts of the Universe

I really enjoyed this poem. You take the scientific concepts of atoms and explore it in a much more story driven and meaningful concept through your writing. I think that's a pretty cool thing to do. You talk about the...

about 2 hours ago

caityege (Australia) reviewed:

fade

PROMPT: Emotion by Association

about 2 hours ago

Img 3922

and-peggy (United States) reviewed:

Anticipation

PROMPT: Emotion by Association

I like it, most people don't need to describe emotions but sometimes it is a relief when people do so you know that you aren't the only one who feels that way.

about 2 hours ago

Img 20190912 173942 639

Asenath Rose (United States) reviewed:

The Night

PROMPT: Hiker's Haiku

about 2 hours ago

Img 20190912 173942 639

Asenath Rose (United States) reviewed:

Walking down a path and accidentally head-butting a spider’s web.

PROMPT: Hiker's Haiku

respect for the spiders!

about 2 hours ago

Peer ambassador badge

YayaZ (United States) reviewed:

PROMPT: Hiker's Haiku

I totally agree that running into spider webs is not a delight. They plaster themselves on your face and refuse to release their hold! The struggle is real. I'm impressed at how you were able to portray this unappealing encounter...

about 2 hours ago

Peer ambassador badge

YayaZ (United States) reviewed:

Soft Spot

PROMPT: Hiker's Haiku

Though only four lines, this piece holds a well of meanings. You did really well in creating a 'hiker's' setting, while also stating some profound points.

about 2 hours ago

Peer ambassador badge

clos (United States) reviewed:

Anticipation

PROMPT: Emotion by Association

All the little actions and feelings that the cause of anticipation gives to people can be a long, long list. But you manage to grab a handful of them and weave them through a short poem format into a story,...

about 2 hours ago