Our Commmunity

Anne Blackwood (United States of America)() published:

The Story That Rewrites Itself Without My Consent #kickoff

I'm trying
to tell a story
But the beginning won't write

So I try to start at the end
But it never stops

Every time I think I'm done
I realize you're the only one
Who makes silence not lonely
And you're the only

One

I tell my heart to stay inside
So I can keep you close
and not lose your arms around me

It never works
It never has
My hands are not strong
They tend to fall...

Seeking Peer Reviews

1 minute ago

Zoe Bunnell (United States of America)() published:

A Wish From the Heart

PROMPT: Star Wish

A Wish From The Heart
    I’ve gone to school in many places but I’ll always remember going to school in a certain place. I moved away from my home town roughly 7 years ago, and after all that time I came back last year and started my junior high years. I went to school with most of these kids so I assumed I would be fine. My former classmate and I DID NOTget along. Though we would fight...

4 minutes ago

Writers of the World (United States of America)() liked in biology we dissected a pig and i saw myself in its gut by loveletterstosappho (United States of America)()

4 minutes ago

Anne Blackwood (United States of America)() liked here's a contest and notice how long this title is *hint* #kickoff by Dmoral13 (United States of America)()

11 minutes ago

5

The Great Gabs-by (Singapore)() published:

Sayaka (2) #writerswords2 | #taleoftwotales

The shadows drop a little bit of themselves into my cup, laughing. I see them pulsating through the tree branches and vaporising at certain kinks but their pattern never reaches my intelligence, so I bow my head. At this, they laugh again and are quiet most immediately after.

“You are too respectful towards them.”

I raise my head but only to look into my cup where their penumbrae swirl without diffusing into the water. Then, I wait. 

Nothing speaks again...

Seeking Peer Reviews

12 minutes ago

51

I'm back and here's a contest!! Due: 15 Feb 2020 (no. of entries in message box)

Hello again.

I have been thinking about my activity on this site since my last post about leaving. A month of holidays has given me the time and environment to think and write. I thought that I wasn't able to express things that I wanted to here but I realised that I was wrong. This place has been my home for writing for so long and I am sure I won't be able to find another place more comforting and...

Seeking Peer Reviews

13 minutes ago

15
1

The Art Of Embalming Oneself | #GOrwell3

I finish the corpse. She is alive and beautiful because I dressed her. I dressed her in a washed yellow; the shade of what used to be an artificial sun but is now a rich palmful of sand. It is what my mother would have called a good colour; one that knows its place and grows healthily from the soil, well-balanced and modest; but perhaps this confuses you. I remember that your language does not permit an understanding that my...

Seeking Peer Reviews

13 minutes ago

Wisp (United States of America)() published:

Our Promise

I've been thinking about you lately 
I've been thinking of my mistakes
I didn't realize it
But when you promised me you'll return
I promised you that I'll keep waiting
But I don't know how
Much more I can wait for you

I don't know what I'm doing here
I don't know why I'm still making you wait
Am I too afraid to return to you?
Too afraid to face this splinter in our life
That I created? 

I can't...
Seeking Peer Reviews

18 minutes ago

20

FoxLilly106 (United States of America)() published:

Competition time! | #bemine(-) | 14 Days Until Final Submissions!

Hello! 

This is the next Competition I'll be hosting. I'm going to try and notify everyone when the results are posted. PROMISE.

Okay. Here goes nothing.

_________________________

Prompt One: A glued heart.

Sounds funny, but don't worry. It's better than it seems. Write about a heart that was broken, but then someone else came along and fixed it right up. Make sure to talk about the man/woman who broke the heart, and the new man/woman who fixed the heart equally....

21 minutes ago

agustdv (United Arab Emirates)() liked newborn (or, units of measurement) by she’s-got-a-story (United States of America)()

28 minutes ago

Anne Blackwood (United States of America)() reviewed:

Loving A Boy Like Him

31 minutes ago

4

agustdv (United Arab Emirates)() published:

my grandmother built herself an armour of fool's gold because she was horribly ostentatious like that #kickoff

my grandmother was a fool
rigid, gnarly bones encased in the calcium
of sins
she loved us a little too much
us, her eyeballs to the strange world
she could only catch wispy glimpses of
from the mesh window.
my grandmother had claws for fingers
and three decades of her life spent in
her creaky rickety charpoy
a wedding gift, she once told me
gleaming eyes drowning in salt water
the palanquin weighed down by her 
feathery, insignificant presence.
a...
Seeking Peer Reviews

31 minutes ago

FoxLilly106 (United States of America)() liked i'msorryi'msorryi'msorryi'msorry(againagainagainagain) by Surly Wombat (United States of America)()

32 minutes ago

Doc (United States of America)() liked ii. for why should the holy by the contrarian (United States of America)()

37 minutes ago

Doc (United States of America)() liked i. for what is hope by the contrarian (United States of America)()

39 minutes ago

the contrarian (United States of America)() liked i'msorryi'msorryi'msorryi'msorry(againagainagainagain) by Surly Wombat (United States of America)()

40 minutes ago

Abi's POV (United States Minor Outlying Islands)() liked a pocketful of sun by rosemarywisdom (Singapore)()

40 minutes ago

Princess Maira (United States of America)() liked Promise Me by Wisp (United States of America)()

43 minutes ago

Princess Maira (United States of America)() liked I Promised You by Wisp (United States of America)()

44 minutes ago

Wisp (United States of America)() liked i'msorryi'msorryi'msorryi'msorry(againagainagainagain) by Surly Wombat (United States of America)()

about 1 hour ago

The Great Gabs-by (Singapore)() liked The spell | #romanticize by .amelia. (Singapore)()

about 1 hour ago

1

.amelia. (Singapore)() published:

The spell | #romanticize

"Flowers...flowers..." I whispered out of habit. Beads of sweat were forming on my face but the flowers weren't appearing.

I closed my eyes and tried again. Speaking it's name and imagining it's vibrance. Yet the little blue vase was persistently empty.
"They'll grow." A familiar voice assured me.

"I've been trying for a day Mum." I complained, massaging my aching fingers. "Plus, it's not a hard spell."

"Let me try," she sat down at the dining table beside...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 1 hour ago

The Great Gabs-by (Singapore)() liked a pocketful of sun by rosemarywisdom (Singapore)()

about 1 hour ago

FoxLilly106 (United States of America)() liked Flashback from 2018 |horror| by aditi (United States of America)()

about 1 hour ago