Our Commmunity

D2e86d73 0049 4cef a1b0 ef58095b2566

Ellabellabluebell (Ireland) liked Serendipity #Ashes by Red_Rose_Blooming (Australia)

about 1 hour ago

9b115eb73c0a3ce811131451d9ec83ff

agustdv (United Arab Emirates) published:

moonsalt asphalt

moonsalt; enslaving haste, shimmering heat, gas stations staring at the seconds collapsing from my hushed jaws in horror. scrambled eggs and exhausted mothers, the monotonic pangs of an incomprehensibly indifferent economy screeching through my weary ears. scrawled cherry knots and geometrical lines, lines of cocaine and country borders, 
spiraling agony, spiraling agony,
spiraling agony.

;

asphalt; roads in potholes, politics in remedies, dying and the baffling cost of living. the prophetess cannot predict this disarray, this disenchantment, this apathy. burning...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 2 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Kelvin (Singapore) published:

Ghost of a life

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

I died. No seriously, I died. I was on top of my dead body, lying motionlessly. Actually, I was seeing some twitches on my body. Another casualty from the devil itself, cars, the bringer of death. In front of my eyes, two big red words flashed:
                                                                            SIMULATION FINISHED
For all I knew, I was in some hell of its own, forever resting among my dead body, doomed to my fate. Though, there was a helmet on...

about 3 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Ali S (Australia) liked The Ocean and Other Animals by Norah (United States)

about 3 hours ago

3d8cc170 9773 4021 85a0 1957b4792c01

PalmLeaf (Thailand) liked race to the trash can by Sofia Miller (United States)

about 3 hours ago

Ibuki.suika.full.1108106

GreenieGirl (United States) published:

Our Revenge

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Call it the need for… Revenge, for vengeance, for retribution… Whatever it is, it’s all that keeps me going. As my tears mix with this deep ocean, I am reminded of why I feel this way. Why I’m so bitter. It’s a living nightmare. And I’m forced to relive this memory every second.

I barely remember what happened; it just came together in bits and pieces as I woke up. I knew having females on a ship was bad luck,...

about 4 hours ago

Screenshot 2018 11 22 14 55 50 1

Drishti Bhatia (India) published:

How I learned to swim

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

I drew in a deep breath and jumped into the chlorinated water. I held the rim of the pool and started practicing swimming leg moves. My coach approached me wearing a look of disappointment because it had been half a month that I was practicing the same move with no success. He instructed me to come out of the pool built for beginners. Before I could think, he picked me up and threw me like a can into eight feet...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

AnselBuch (Czech Republic) published:

Wonder

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

The first thing Vivian thought of when she entered the bathroom was the dust. On the mirror, the black marble counter, the cute little soap dispenser, the walls. Negligent of the staff and maybe herself. The dust was gone soon enough, spotless surfaces gleaming all around, and Vivian washed her hands quietly in the echoing bathroom. She couldn’t tell exactly whether the echoes were in the walls or between her own ears.

Outside the bathroom, the fancy little bistro was...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

advaita (India) published:

From End to the Beginning

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

VIII
I made sure I was back by the pond, or still by the pond? I shut my eyes and focused hard to remember whether this pond-side was the beginning.
Yes. This was it.
The walk back home was relieving and exhausting. Nevertheless, the relics of this day were priceless, for I won’t be able to ruminate over its wonders any further than tonight. Above all, I would see Aunt Sanya back at the dinner table tonight, and again tomorrow...
Seeking Peer Reviews

about 4 hours ago

Gustav klimt 068

Oscar_Locke (Australia) liked they called us witches by Anha (Australia)

about 5 hours ago

Screenshot 20180603 110030

Anha (Australia) liked fear 1: nyctophobia by Andy Blue (United States)

about 5 hours ago

Screen shot 2019 01 23 at 7.19.15 pm

The Bubbling Pen (Australia) liked Primeval - yet another draft by Ali S (Australia)

about 5 hours ago

Default avatar user icon
1

Ali S (Australia) published:

Primeval - yet another draft

We don't just draw new constellations;
we create stars,
birth them from the abyss.
and split our fire to light their souls,

We swaddle them in the Milky Way,
gift them golden cores
and diamond rains.
We raise them in nebulae,
teach them to swim
in the primordial seas,
to skip on asteroid belts.

We show them that,
when we look up,
we look into the past
of our ever-expanding expanse:
exponential opportunity
begging to be explored.

We teach them...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Screen shot 2019 01 23 at 7.19.15 pm

The Bubbling Pen (Australia) published:

Two Marbled Stones

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

The little black cat is my friend.

Her cloudy eyes are gentle in the night; two marbled stones that smile dim (but bright). She has a smile, the little cat, a smile that whispers upon the edge of her cheeks, just like the whiskers that she brushes with a scarred paw. Is it the subtle nod of her head through the fog that sends me spiralling into a flux of dreams? Or is it the pitter patter of almost-silent footsteps...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 5 hours ago

Screenshot 20180603 110030
1

Anha (Australia) published:

they called us witches

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

When we were magic, once, they called us witches. It was back when mystical pools swapped bodies and souls, and stars detached themselves from the satin of the cosmos to visit their favourite mortals. Too often they left disappointed, white shifts and halos losing some of their gleam. The stars loved the witches, but the witches worshipped the stars. They named their children Sirius or Orion, and swaddled their babes in cloth drawn from still moonlit lakes. The stars gave...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 6 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

miracole (Philippines) published:

Redemancy

PROMPT: Micro Memoir

Tik tok. Tik tok. Tik tok. Time was ticking. It was moving fast. However, at that moment, it seemed as if it was the last thing we cared about. I was unsure what to feel. Amusement? Confusion? Nervousness? Excitement? Ah. There were so many things running in my head that I didn't realized what had happened. 

You kissed me. 

Our lips locked for a second of our lives. Although ephemeral, it was the most beautiful thing that had happened in...

about 6 hours ago

Cgugrgwuaaa0f6x

Stewart Worthington (Australia) liked brighter than the sun - draft I by Ali S (Australia)

about 6 hours ago

20180721 201520 effects

AlliWrites02 (United States) published:

Moonbeam

PROMPT: Fantasy Writing Competition

Underneath the night sky a pebble crashed into a lake, distorting the moon's reflection with the ripples it created. As the water stilled, a young girl looked up to watch to the twinkling stars. Lit only by the full moon, she seemed almost like a spirit. Her curly hair cascaded down her back like an inky waterfall and her pale eyes appeared to glow as she gazed at the moon. Her lips twisted into a sad smile as she stood...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

A5d6785f0cff7e95c99c20f28f985e17

weirdo (United States) liked Miss Down and Drab by Andy Blue (United States)

about 7 hours ago

Aniguns
1

Andy Blue (United States) published:

fear 1: nyctophobia

"My name is Jonathan Hart, and I have an irrational fear of the dark."
As a young child, my fear of the dark was considered normal. Most kids were afraid of the dark, and their vivid imaginations conjured up terrifying monsters that loomed over them from the blackest corners of their room. Sharp shark teeth protrude from strong jaws and drool dripping from their disgusting mouths. Breath that smelled like rotting fish, and the eyes...
Dark, slit eyes that peered...

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

Aniguns
1

Andy Blue (United States) published:

Miss Down and Drab

"You want something more than this, don't you?" The girl in pastel clothes sitting next to me in the booth of my hometown's fast food restaurant asked, head cocked slightly to the side. The blue-streaked blonde pigtails bounced with her movements, and I wondered how her hair was so fluffy. Maybe it was from the conditioner she used, or maybe it was the shampoo. Did she blow dry her hair? The volume of it made my hands twitch in want....

Seeking Peer Reviews

about 7 hours ago

600d2cdc da77 4bfe 8ab4 a4914bb876f7

Sofia Miller (United States) liked Of Silver and Swans by efflorescence (United States)

about 7 hours ago

01af8518 bd9b 4b7c bc8d 232ad1f9c29e

Aquila (United States) liked Wisp by El1678 (Australia)

about 7 hours ago

Img 3943

Lightless (United States) liked Rejecting the False Dichotomy Surrounding Social Media by shreyamap (United States)

about 8 hours ago

Default avatar user icon

Lovewriting (Canada) liked Back to the Past by Lovewriting (Canada)

about 8 hours ago