WELCOME TO CIVICS IN ACTION 2020

Welcome to Write the World’s Civics in Action program, in partnership with Facing History and Ourselves and the National Children’s Campaign. Working with Write the World editors, our Fellows will be publishing non-partisan works about what it means to be an active, engaged citizen.

We invite you to Follow our Fellows in our Civics in Action Broadcast, where they will be reporting and reflecting on topics related to environmental activism, (im)migration, racial justice, the 2020 election in the United States, current events in writers’ home countries around the world, and other pressing global issues that matter to all of us. Find out more information on how to become a Fellow here.

CIVICS IN ACTION BROADCAST

"Due to the way that it was phrased, Jennifer Senior’s letter to liberal arts students published in the New York Times, came across as patronising, and I found its generalisations simplistic and outdated," says Stella Watson. Check out her smackdown here.

To read her full Broadcast, click here. Check out the full Broadcast Series here.

OUR PARTNERS

National Children’s Campaign is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that serves to make children and the issues affecting them a priority.

Facing History and Ourselves uses lessons of history to challenge teachers and their students to stand up to bigotry and hate. Their curriculum forms the basis of our Civics in Action writing prompts.

DISPATCHES FROM THE FIELD

Check out this movie trailer, featuring Civics in Action Fellow Jonah Gottlieb, co-founder of National Children's Campaign #Vote4YourFuture.