WELCOME TO CIVICS IN ACTION 2020

Welcome to Write the World’s Civics in Action program, in partnership with Facing History and Ourselves and the National Children’s Campaign. Working with Write the World editors, our Fellows will be publishing non-partisan works about what it means to be an active, engaged citizen.

We invite you to Follow our Fellows in our Civics in Action Broadcast, where they will be reporting and reflecting on topics related to environmental activism, (im)migration, racial justice, the 2020 election in the United States, current events in writers’ home countries around the world, and other pressing global issues that matter to all of us. Find out more information on how to become a Fellow here.

CIVICS IN ACTION BROADCAST

Check out what new CIA Fellow Rani Chor says about the power of your generation in her new piece: "As someone born into Generation Z, my world seems to be surrounded by alarm bells: there is the constant fear that we have indeed reached Plan Z, the last plan, which is dependent on what could be the last generation."

To read her full Broadcast, click here. Check out the full Broadcast Series here.

OUR PARTNERS

National Children’s Campaign is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that serves to make children and the issues affecting them a priority.

Facing History and Ourselves uses lessons of history to challenge teachers and their students to stand up to bigotry and hate. Their curriculum forms the basis of our Civics in Action writing prompts.

DISPATCHES FROM THE FIELD

With the passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, we lose a voice for the rights of all people. This CBS Sunday Morning video considers her place in history.